8349 Centreville Rd.
Manassas, VA 20111Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.columbusgrill.net/
- Phone: (703)330-3001x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Portuguese
- Executive Chef: Nuno Duarte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Columbus Grill offers off-site catering for any type of event. Weddings, Graduations, Birthdays, Corporate Events, Bridal or Baby Showers or even celebrations at your home. Whether you eat at your place or ours, we will help make your event an unforgettable one.
- Private Party Facilities: Let us entice you with sumptuous menus and affordable packages in our banquet facilities. Authentic Mediterranean and American food for lunch, dinner, banquets or catering is what’s in store for you at Columbus Grill.
- Private Party Contact: Nuno Duarte 703-330-3001x
- Entertainment: We do occasionally have live music in our bar/lounge. Please visit our website for dates and times.
A word from Columbus Grill
Columbus Grill wants you to get ready for an unsurpassed dining experience with our Mediterranean and American Cuisine. Whether it"s for your private event, catered affair, wedding rehearsal dinner, banquet or for that special occasion for just the two of you, the Chefs at Columbus Grill will prepare delicious made-to-order dishes that are perfectly paired with our fine wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Columbus Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)romantic (2)special occasion (1)fit for foodies (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- The service was really bad.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012The service was really bad. I celebrated my birthday, and just after 40 min. we get a water. Server didn't know the cocktails menu, just said that all of them are good. The appetizers were served called. Maybe I will come again for dinner, but I will never come again for some Bday party.
- Really like the place, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2012Really like the place, very spacious, great wine selection And friendly people.Special Features:
- Very pleased with this restaurant.BarryVIPDined on 9/1/2012Very pleased with this restaurant. Four of us each had wonderful, different meals.Special Features:
- We've been to Columbus GrillRobertDined on 8/11/2012We've been to Columbus Grill a bunch of times and always love the food. The restaurant can get a bit loud, maybe just the acoustics, but otherwise it's quite nice. The food was fantastic, as was the wine and dessert, and our waiter/server was helpful and we never had to look for him. We'll happily go back!Special Features:
- Some very good food and serviceJWeisbrodVIPDined on 7/15/2012Some very good food and service in a nicely appointed set of dining rooms.
- Had a great dinner with myOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2012Had a great dinner with my wife for our anniversary, we both enjoyed the daily specials. Excellent food and service we recommend them to anyone looking for a nice restaurant to enjoy a good meal with family or friends.Special Features:
- Good food; the bar beforehandOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2012Good food; the bar beforehand was pleasant the white Sangria is great! The night we went though the bar area was very warm - we commented on the lack of AC- they didn't seem too worried about it; however, the main restaurant was cool and relaxing. Our dinners were good; (steaks, salads and pasta dishes)however service needs to be improved- long wait for food, spilled drink and no one came to clean it up- it was full glass of beer that toppled- my husband was charged for a second beer; I thought that was a bit petty since I had to sit with the wet mess next to my chair for over 15 minutes -and had to find napkins to clean up the table. Overall, we will return as the food was good and the prices were very fair.Special Features:
- I was very impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2012I was very impressed with the flavor of the food. The atmosphere was calm and quiet. Columbus Grill became my favorite spot. I am telling all my family and friends of my experience.Special Features:
- Overall a nice dinner. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/12/2012Overall a nice dinner. It all started better than it ended. The service declined as the evening went on. Food could have been hotter. It was my first visit there... I will try it ouy again. Not many people there at all that evening for dinner. People in and out of the bar, which was noisy.Special Features:
- Very good dining experienceJulieCDined on 6/5/2012Very good dining experience for my first time at Columbus Grill. Seated where I asked, reservation process very smooth although it wasn't busy. Very attentive, pleasant service although I was surprised that we weren't told about any dinner specials. Our waiter steered us away from a few choices that he thought we might not enjoy - much appreciated. The appetizer we ordered was not prepared properly (got regular cheese sticks instead of what was described on the menu) but not a big deal. I ordered the steak on hot rock - really enjoyed it but it did result in the meat being well done instead of medium rare; I was allowed to substitute another side for the French fries. Salmon and pasta dish both very good. I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Maybe we came on an off day,GoodFoodHuntingDined on 5/28/2012Maybe we came on an off day, but we were not impresses with this restaurant. The best meal choices were the Portuguese dishes. Our waitress was quite new and luckily the place was pretty emp. Otherwise she could not have survived. As it was, she forgot my husband's appetizer and was pretty nervous. The atmosphere is probably better suited towards larger groups who are drinking.Special Features:
- We have been there severalvivalavidaVIPDined on 5/19/2012We have been there several times and they never cease to impress us with terrific food and great service. We will continute to go back with friends and for family celebrations. The menu has not changed much recently. I hope they will come up with new recipes and creations for us to try in the future.Special Features:
- I found the place on the OpenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012I found the place on the Open Table app. I read the reviews and booked it. I too was very surprised at the quality of the restaurant. Food was excellent. Service was excellent. Place was clean, well decorated. Portion size was spot on. Our only small issue was it was Prom night :). Needless to say they were a little load but things got better once the kids left. This is definitely a place I would recommend and will definitely be coming back to. My complaints to Chef George!Special Features:
- Not fine dining!restaurantloverDined on 4/28/2012This restaurant was just o.k. The scallops appetizer was good. I would not run back here unless I had some type of discount. There was a wedding going on in the banquet hall that was so loud I could not even have a conversation with my husband across the table. My husband's burger was undercooked and he sent it back. They put the same burger back on the grill after he had all of his toppings on it. Gross! He cancelled his meal. The waiter was nice enough to give him a free dessert, but the manager never even came out to address us! They are trying to be fine dining in Manassas, but they have a ways to go to reach that status.
- The food was average. CrabOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/24/2012The food was average. Crab dishes say jumbo lump but are not. Calamari was tough and rubbery. The atmosphere though was very nice. Beautiful decor. Staff provided great service.Special Features:
- Food was good, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2012Food was good, service was good but very slow. It was an hour before we received our entrees.
- Columbus turns Valentines mood OFF!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012My husband and I went to Columbus Grill for Valentine's dinner. VERY disappointed! They offered RIDICULOUSLY small menu - only 3 choices for the appetizer and main entree with no substitutions offered. My $35. surf and turf consisted of a very small filet,and only two TINY shrimp stacked on top of 2 cut up tiny red potatoes and 3 VERY LARGE, hard, woody asparagus tips that were more like small tree branches. AWFUL and certainly not worth $35. Appetizer also not good. Salad and bread best thing about the meal. Husbands pork wellington entre was overcooked with soggy breading. While we were there, three other groups sat down, looked at the menu then got up and left. I wish we had done the same!
- We had a group of 14 peoplevivalavidaVIPDined on 2/4/2012We had a group of 14 people and the food and service was impeccable. It was a most memorable evening for everyone. We all tried different appetizers to taste the portuguese cuisine. The entres were just terrific and everyone was happy with their selections. we all thouroughly enjoyed the gastronomic experience. The wine was great too! After dinner. We tasted their best 10 year old port wine and we could not stop asking for more. The service and attention was just outstanding from our waiter and the owner who came to say hello to us. Lastly, we all ordered dessert and the choices were many... we all ordered different things. All heavenly. My wife and I shared the creme brulee and the drunken pear. Just wonderful!Special Features:
- We went early on NYE. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011We went early on NYE. They were more worried about the later seating at 85 a person, and I am ok with that, service was a bit off because of it. Nice wine list, and the food was very good. They sat us in something of an overflow area because of the later crowd setup. Understandable considering I made res for 4 atthe last minute. Not a great area in Mass Park but the place is nice. Nice bar area too. I will go back.Special Features:
- The food and ambiance wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2011The food and ambiance were surprisingly fantastic for a retaurant outside the metropolitan web. The wine delicious and affordable. Waiter knowledgable and extremely friendy. A wonderful experience altogether....Special Features:
- Everything was great at theSusanDined on 12/24/2011Everything was great at the restaurant, but when asked for a booth, we were given one at the front of the restaurant, which used to be a furniture store. The area was cold, despited the fact that I had a suit jacket on, and got extremely cold when the front door opened. Not a good place to be seated in the 3/4 empty restaurant. It was Christmas eve, so a large crowd was probably not expected.Special Features:
- Columbus Grill in continued search.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/23/2011Columbus Grill is not off the beaten path located in Manassas off of Route 28. It's a great location which is why I expected better. The best thing about the Columbus Grill was our server, Grace. There is live music and a bar which seems to be the focus on this hoping to be neighborhood spot. The restaurant side of the house was lacking. The hostess seated us near to the server station where we could hear conversation not intended for the client. The live music in the bar area competed with the music in the dining room. The menu was an interesting fusion. The lobster-bisque like soup needed a GPS to locate the lobster. The salmon was dry. I left thinking okay I don't need to come back and it was overpriced.Special Features:
- The chicien piccata was aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/11/2011The chicien piccata was a little too salty and the pasta primavera had way too much pepper.Special Features:
- Avoided the Friday night bandMaineRickVIPDined on 11/27/2011Avoided the Friday night band and the atmosphere was better. Food was disappointing. Taking this restaurant off of my places to visit.
- Birthday PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2011We chose the Columbus Grill to celebrate my father's 86th birthday and we could not have been happier! They were able to seat us in a private alcove so that we could converse among ourselves in spite of the lively music and activity in the bar. The waitress was very helpful and patient explaining the menu. The menu had something for everyone in our party, even the non-fish eater. All of our food was well- prepared. Portions are generous! Try to save room for the dessert tray - it's worth it.Special Features:
- Good food.. bad layout..OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/15/2011Went to Columbus Grill in hopes of finding a new favorite restaurant even though the reviews varied. To start, to get to the dining room you go by the outdoor/bar area so walked through cigarette smoke. Even smelled of smoke at the hostess desk.There was a wedding in the banquet hall so very noisy. Our waiter seemed rushed all evening. The food was very good. Disappointed in the dessert menu, seen it a million times. Was hoping for something authentic to Portuguese/Mediterranean cooking. Foodies would be bored. This place could be something more but the banquet hall right off the dining room was a huge drawback. Need wooden doors or something to reduce the noise but guests were in and out so often we could hear everything anyway.Special Features:
- Awesome food with some differentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/9/2011Awesome food with some different dishes then the standard restaurant of this cuisine.Special Features:
- david beagleswippageDined on 10/7/2011Acoustics are poor making the restaurant noisy. Food was good, parking is a problem when the banquet hall side is being used.Special Features:
- They had a wedding receptionDonaldPabloDined on 10/1/2011They had a wedding reception in an area not closed off from where we were seated. The noise from reception combined with very loud prbooth next to us ruined the dining experience.
- waiting forever for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/30/2011First the good. The food was good. Now the bad. We arrived at 7:55 for an 8:00 reservation. We were seated promptly, and did not see a waiter until 8:10. We ordered right away, both appetizers and dinner. Bread and water were delivered by 8:20. The appetizers did not arrive until 9:00, and dinner finally arrived at 9:20. The restaurant was not crowded. Only 10 tables were occupied and of those, only 3-4 tables had not already been served. While we liked the food, I doubt we will return. One of the guests in our party had a similar experience during a visit a week earlier. After waiting 90 minutes for their appetizers they got up and left. Additionally, the loud noise from the bar area channels directly into the dining room.Special Features:
- There was a VERY LOUD bandMaineRickVIPDined on 9/30/2011There was a VERY LOUD band in the bar area that sang off tune all night. There aren't any doors between the dining and bar area so it was like we were next to the band. The food was good with the exception of the Caesar Salad. The salad had bottled dressing poured over the lettuce. While we might go back because we had a previous good experience, we'll be sure to find out if there is a band in the bar.
- Columbus Grill is an Excellent FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2011Excellent food, service, and atmosphere. I had mentioned that it was our anniversary and was surprised when they brought us a complementary slice of chocolate cake with a candle. (It was great!) The entrees that we selected were also excellent! Great place for a romantic dinner, or a family dinner, or to get together with friends and family and watch the game in the bar area with their many wide-screen TVs.Special Features:
- Very nice decor, great foodMaineRickVIPDined on 9/17/2011Very nice decor, great food and nice wine list. We stopped for an early dinner before a show and were not disappointed. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2011I honestly had a great time, I love this place. I can't wait to go back. I totally recomend that you ask for April, she's great.Special Features:
- Such an AMAZING timeeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2011I honestly thought that it was outstanding. I was served amazingly, the food was so tastefull and Im just completely happy with it.Special Features:
- Unusual menu. Brazilian andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2011Unusual menu. Brazilian and Portuguese fare. Unusual and delicious. huge portions. they do wine pairings monthly.Server Jorge was knowledgeable and friendly. They also do a Sunday brunch. Tapas offered. We did tapas and the ribeye. We would return. Casual dress is fine.Special Features: