McCormick and Schmick's Harborside
1200 Westlake Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
McCormick and Schmick's Harborside
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harborsideseattle.com/
- Phone: 2062709052x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-3:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 3:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Josh Westcott
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: McCormick & Schmick's Harborside's four private dining and function rooms are perfect for catered affairs and meetings. Please contact our Director of Catering at 206-270-8815 to discuss your event needs. Off site catering is also available. There are food minimums and geographic restrictions assessed for off site catering.
- Cross Street: Highland Drive
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: At the bottom of the ramp in the lower Republic parking lot, there is parking for a minimal fee. This lot is directly in front of the restaurant and we validate parking for $3.25.
From 8:00am – 4:00pm, parking on Westlake is metered with the city. After 4:00pm parking is free without a time limit in this area.
A word from McCormick and Schmick's Harborside
This beautiful restaurant located on Lake Union offers spectacular waterfront views and contemporary Northwest cuisine with a dedication to seasonality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick and Schmick's Harborside - Best Restaurants in Lake Union / Eastlake ›
McCormick and Schmick's Harborside reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (88)special occasion (35)romantic (25)good for groups (24)great for outdoor dining (20)fit for foodies (19)notable wine list (16)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (9)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Valentines Day LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Had a special valentine's day lunch with my wife at this restaurant. We easily made a reservation online and upon arriving was pleasantly surprised by the nice table that had been selected for us with a great view of Lake Union. We ate off the lunch menu and had a great meal. Service and staff were very competent and friendly towards us. I recommend this as a place to have an nice meal at a reasonable price and the location/ambiance is outstanding.Special Features:
- Chowder on the waterLexFoodieDined on 2/13/2014We went to McCormick's (a chain with which we're familiar) for their excellent chowder. Being from out of town, I had to decide whether to book at the downtown location, which was walking distance from our hotel, or the lakefront location. I am so glad I decided for the lakefront. The view was wonderful - exactly what we wanted. We had a table by the window where we could overlook the harbor and see the lights of the city (not to mention the full moon). The chowder did not disappoint, the service was excellent, and all in all it was exactly what we wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Birthday MealLavenderTrinVIPDined on 2/12/2014We dined on a Wednesday night to avoid the crowds of Valentine's Day. Our plan worked well as it was a wonderfully quiet crowd in the dining room that evening. Our waiter was very friendly and jovial. He suggested the Shrimp Kisses for an appetizer. They were absolutely delicious. My husband had the Filet Mignon and it was perfectly prepared and juicy. My Pasta Carbonara was fun of succulent scallops, all entrenched in a yummy sauce. As we were ready to leave, pleasantly full, our waiter brought a marvelous chocolate cake with a gooey chocolate filling, a gift from the restaurant for my birthday. The ending was perfect, made even better by the gorgeous view of the lake with all of the city lights reflecting off the calm lake surface.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the playHankDined on 2/8/2014Restaurant was not very busy at 5:30p but service getting a drink and appetizer was very slow. (15 min for a drink). Waiter seemed to have too many tables to attend to and had a difficult time keeping orderly service coming. The view of lake Union is always nice in the evening and the noise level was low enough to have a conversation. A veritable entourage of people came by after food service (bus boy, waiter, Maitre 'd to ask " How was the food?" We have eaten at this restaurant several times a year for the past 10 years and it has declined a lot in the past few since they remodeled.Special Features:
- disappointedwelditDined on 2/7/2014One of the. Worst meals I have had at a so called fine restaurant. I ordered the Hawaiian Mahi Mahi to find out it was a plate of salt. To make sure it was not just my taste buds I had my guest taste it before saying something to our server. Thinking something went wrong in the kitchen they brought out a new plate that was just as bad. I did not eat the meal and did not have time to order a different dish. Very Disappointed!Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014We like to thank Karam and our waiter, Nick, for the great service they provided us. They were very attentive and very pleasant.Special Features:
- A romantic evening in the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014We were out for our 36th anniversary dinner, seeking a quiet late evening venue with a view of the city lights. We found just what we had hoped for in the McCormick and Schmick's Harborside-- a window-side table with a great view, an exceptional, yet economical wine choice, and food that was well prepared, well presented, and tasty. The desert (deep dish key lime pie) was perfect. The waiter was friendly and provided just the level of attentiveness, never making the mistake of interrupting a conversation to ask if we needed anything. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for conversationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2014Had searched for a location with a view for out-of-towners where we could have a good business conversation w/o yelling. McCormick and Schmick's Harborside fit the bill exactly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous City & Lake ViewMONMONDined on 1/20/2014Perhaps because it was the Monday holiday, and the day after our city's NFC Championship party, but it was quiet in the house. Sean (Shaun?) took impeccable care, without being intrusive. He steered us toward excellent menu choices and away from over ordering, rare in the restaurant industry, even suggesting splitting salads. So yes, we had room for a most excellent key lime pie, and left filled, but not over filled, and completely satisfied with the delicious food, helpful service and gorgeous ambiance of Harborside. My Alaskan Ling Cod preparation was wonderful, in a light and luscious sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than most chainsSomeoneSomewhereVIPDined on 1/5/2014Great views looking out over Lake Union. Lots of space between tables, comfortable dining, reasonable prices.Special Features:
- NYENYE2013Dined on 1/1/2014This is the second new years eve that my boyfriend and i have spent at the restaurant and every time it is an awesome experience! The view of the space needle is perfect for fireworks and the waterside location is great for watching the boats set off some fire works. all staff is very respectful and the food is amazing. cant wait until the end of this year to dine some more!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely disappointedFamilyDinersDined on 12/31/2013We made reservations with the intent to treat our kids to a fancy night out on New Year's Eve, but were completely disappointed. The kid's popcorn shrimp was the highlight of the evening, Cesar salads were fishy, and this taste continued with the overcooked stuffed shrimp. The sockeye salmon fettuccine was bland. Understandably it was busy, but most tables around us were served well before our meals arrived, many having been seated much later. The overall experience was one we would not like to repeat, including the size of the check.
- Management killed the experienceDisgruntledDined on 12/31/2013The manager was rude and condescending. Let me give a short description. Heavy set, shirt and tie, with a dark vest. Tried to give us the wrong table and only with much protest did we get what we were promised. Dunno why he was so keen on short thrifting us, the room we were in was more than half-empty. Despite that and vastness of the dining area they grouped all the tables close together so we had to shout over each other to be heard. A thoroughly incompetent man who tried to hide his shortcomings under a veneer of haughtiness and arrogance. If it were humanly possible I'd want a refund. Never going there again, even if I was promised a free meal.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We have been coming to this restaurant for New Year's 6 years in a row now. Since it was bought by Landry's it has gone down in all aspects, yet prices have climbed. Service was definitely less good or quick than before. Prior to moving from Seattle we also went there for other occasions. We do not find the restaurant merits a trip to Seattle any longer. We will not be returning.
- Only the view was greatDebbieDined on 12/31/2013The view was wonderful. The staff just seemed overwhelmed that they couldn't stop to talk with the customers for a minute. The food came in a reasonable amount of time. the waiter was good but he didn't have time to get the A1 steak sauce. He said he would have to go downstairs to get it and that we would have to wait. Never happened. The food was bland, no seasoning.Special Features:
- Happy New Year!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2013This is our second time at McCormick's Harborside for New Years Eve. It is marvelous! Not a special dinner only, they use their regular menu and we find that a plus. The food and service are excellent! Their seafood is cooked perfectly. A beautiful view of the water with the boats decorated for the holidays just made it even more special. I dropped them one star because of the way they charge for parking now - via machine where the driver has to get out and put the $ in and you don't discover that till you've pulled up. (last year they had an attendant). It's awkward and they should waive parking for holidays such as NYE. It's not worth losing a star for $3.25.Special Features:
- Welcoming Staff - Great ServiceFranDined on 12/28/2013We went to Harborside to meet a family member from out of town. I really appreciated that there was NO intrusive background music. More restaurants should allow us to enjoy a quiet environment. We were given a corner table with a beautiful view of Lake Union and the staff was attentive and met our needs AND allowed us to linger for a long time visiting. The food was great (the server allowed me to order off the dinner menu when I asked about Dungeness Crab and what a treat)! All of the food was excellent and I cannot say enough about the helpfulness of the receptionist and the server. It had been a while since we visited Harborside and the remodel of the dining area is very nice. I recommend Harborside highly! We will return again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor planning & tasteless fishLoveGoodFoodDined on 12/26/2013We went to Harborside on the day after Christmas. They were out of clams, mussels, crab cakes, ... so the menu was VERY limited. This was our first visit to Harborside, and we expected the seafood dishes to match the level of McCormick & Schmick's downtown restaurant. We were sadly disappointed. The breading on the fillet of sole completely overwhelmed the fish, and with a butter sauce, the dish left a greasy taste in our mouths. The sides were dull and rather tasteless. All three generations at the table thought the music was much too loud, and the pounding beat left us all wondering what kind of atmosphere the restaurant really wanted to present.Special Features:
- Excellent foodMaryDined on 12/25/2013We arrived at 7:45 on Dec. 25th. Not surprisingly, we had to wait because people were staying longer to enjoy the view and the food. I have a handicapped and Harborside gave us a place to sit that was very comfortable. When our table was ready, we had a lovely booth with a great view. Our server was very friendly and efficient. The chef's recommendation (braised lingcod with potatoes) and Tthe chef was substituting black cod (sablefish) so on with the show. Things were a trifle fouled up and the bill was a little off. However it was corrected and all was well in the end. I would most definitely recommend; the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful cityscape view Christmasrct0423Dined on 12/25/2013One of the nicer restaurants we found on Christmas that was open. Service was a bit slow...I'm guessing they were somewhat slammed due to lots and lots of people there having dinner...they opened up their banquet room and we got a beautiful cityscape view. A bit pricey but well worth it considering the awesome view...and they do validate parking up to a point...Special Features:
- Went there for Christmas Dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2013Went there for Christmas Dinner. The service was good for the very busy dinner seating. I had the "Seafood Trio" special menu item which was a small salmon fillet and two shrimp dishes. Quite frankly I've had better. My dining companions, one had the same and one had a grilled chicken breast. The chicken breast had one edge a little singed. On Thanksgiving I had a much better experience at the McCormick and Schmick's in Bellevue. Just a tad disappointed.Special Features:
- As always dining was enjoyable.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/25/2013As always dining was enjoyable. I understand being Christmas they had a shortened menu. I would have liked to see some traditional items, i.e prime rib or turkey.Special Features:
- Change at harbor sideOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/22/2013The decor has changed since our last visit. It felt more sterile instead of comfortable.Special Features:
- A Great for a Holiday GatheringsHolidayRegularsDined on 12/21/2013Our family enjoys a traditional Christmas dinner each year at McCormick's and Schmick's. 2013 was our 7th year. The kids enjoy watching the Christmas boat. The variety of entrees offers something for everyone. Have the Shrimp Kisses - they are scrumptious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time and wonderfulCarrieDDined on 12/14/2013Had a great time and wonderful food. The lemon butter is a must if you order the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST Server...too much NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/14/2013Fabulous location, ambiance, ATTENTION from server...WAY TOO MUCH noise from table next door. Lovely food...the best salmon fettuccine in Seattle.Special Features:
- I had the fried shrimp andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2013I had the fried shrimp and cod lunch special with french fries. The shrimp was not as good as expected. It was OK, but did not meet standard of all previous M&S experiences. Thought the price M&S Harborside has been one of my favorite places for either Sunday lunch or for a special dining experience especially with out town visitors to Seattle. While yesterdays experience was good it was not quite up to par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerMiriamVIPDined on 11/30/2013We dine here once a month. The food was great. I ordered the chef's recommendation. Steel head with atop ravioli. Key lime pie for dessert. WonderfulSpecial Features:
- Holiday alternativeRudiDined on 11/28/2013Harborside is our go-to place for dining out on Thanksgiving. The standard offerings this year (turkey, dressing, potatoes) were particularly flavorful and well presented. For an appetizer we ordered calamari that were crisp and flavorful. We had a great waiter - attentive andvery energetic with a great sense of humor, even though we arrived right at the end of the serving time. Even on a foggy night, it's still a terrific view from any table in the dining area.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving dinner with a viewGreenbugDined on 11/28/2013We had a 5:30 reservation for Thanksgiving dinner. We got there early and there were only 4 chairs set up for people waiting, so we stood til 5:40 when our table was ready. I wondered what those with mobility issues were going to do when they got there and had to wait standing up. Anyway, we had a view of the lights of Seattle around Lake Union, which was wonderful. Our server was very pleasant, our order promptly taken and filled, and the food was both tasty and attractively plated. I had asked for my meal leftovers, but when the server came back with the box, she said they mistakenly didn't save my leftovers so gave me a nearly-whole other turkey dinner! Yay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red Lobster move overbrickDined on 11/28/2013Not very tasty, not very inventive, and some dishes are downright awful. At best, this is one step above Red Lobster.Special Features:
- Horrible table, great foodLottieDined on 11/28/2013Horrible table, great food. I had requested a window table with my reservation and after we had already been waiting we were told it would be an additional half hour, on top of the time we had already waited. I was with my disabled mother and did not want to wait longer. The table we got instead was awful, both next to the waiters' station and out in the middle, and also by the bar. It was a holiday and crowded and they did not have a good waiting area. It was a highly trafficked area and I needed chairs so we could sit. I needed and asked for 2 and only got 1. The table ruined what would otherwise have been a good experience. Service was slow but otherwise good. They should have been able to do better than that, even on a holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday dining.hungryinseattleDined on 11/28/2013This restaurant has a great view of the lake and is open on holidays. Wait Staff have always been very cordial and attentive. The quality of the food can depend on what you have ordered. Soup, salads, desserts are usually very good along with the days Special. My dish Dover Sole was good but the vegetables (green beans & brocolini) were overly buttered and salty. The French Onion soup was perfect. My companions liked their meals (turkey special & a steak dinner). The choice of background music could use some adjusting. While a heavy drum beat might be suitable for the bar it doesn't add much for a relaxing lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving Dinner 2013MTwoDined on 11/28/2013I used to be a regular at the Harborside, but had not been back for several years, just because it's no longer convenient, not because the food or service disappointed. My companion & I both ordered the turkey dinner. The preparations were all traditional. The meal, a glass of Pinot noir, dessert & coffee was $50 each (tip a bit over 20%). We both thought the meal was worth it. The view is very nice, and I recommend that you ask for a view table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful meal..beautiful dayAkoolmomDined on 11/28/2013We make McCormicks our annual event for Thanksgiving. The view is amazing as well as the food and service. We were pleasantly surprised to get a full booth for the two of us. Made for a pleasant meal to be able to enjoy the food and the view. The staff was very attentive and accommodating if we had any requests. We'll be back next year for sure. Thanks!Special Features:
- The quality of HarborsideAnnieo2Dined on 11/23/2013This location does a diservice to McCormick and Schmicks restaurants in general. The food was very good though. The atmosphere was dark and dreary. The restaurant was less than half full of people. The waiter was dressed inappropriatly. His shirt looked worn and certainly didn't set the example of a McCormick and Schmicks normal attire for servers. The reservation were made about 10 days prior and we had asked for a window seat as it was a 50th anniversary. It didn't happen. We did receive a glass of champagne to make up for it??? We have gone to Harborside a number of times throughout the years but found this time not so good. Paying for parking is also ridiculous even with a discount.Special Features:
- Maybe not Tuesday?LaseDined on 11/19/2013Possibly caught them on a bad night, but had three separate 15 minute delays when the waiter came back to say an item ordered was not available. He even came back to confirm the wine order 10 minutes after I ordered; and 10 minutes later told me they didn't have that selection. Considering the Restaurant was maybe 1/3 full, the 80 minutes between being seated and being served seems too long for a party of 4. The food was OK, some dishes better than others and a bit inconsistent in preparation.Special Features:
- Top notch in every regardOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2013This has always been one of my favorite Seattle restaurants for decades. It was perfect for old vets like us last Sunday and every bit as nice as a romantic destination for all ages. The view is breathtaking and makes me proud to be a Seattle native whenever guests visit from out of town. One of my friends remarked at Sunday's dinner "this is the best sockeye salmon I've ever tasted." I gave a big thumbs up for my trout dinner as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks from VetOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2013My wife and I -- both Navy veterans -- enjoyed an excellent dinner with beautiful view, and most importantly our entrees were free. Thank you McCormick & Schmick's for supporting veterans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veterans DinnierVivianDined on 11/10/2013We really enjoyed our meal. I felt that the waiter placing the napkins on the laps was really sweet, I have never had that done before.Special Features: