McCormick and Schmick's Harborside
1200 Westlake Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
McCormick and Schmick's Harborside
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harborsideseattle.com/
- Phone: 2062709052x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-3:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 3:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Josh Westcott
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: McCormick & Schmick's Harborside's four private dining and function rooms are perfect for catered affairs and meetings. Please contact our Director of Catering at 206-270-8815 to discuss your event needs. Off site catering is also available. There are food minimums and geographic restrictions assessed for off site catering.
- Cross Street: Highland Drive
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: At the bottom of the ramp in the lower Republic parking lot, there is parking for a minimal fee. This lot is directly in front of the restaurant and we validate parking for $3.25.
From 8:00am – 4:00pm, parking on Westlake is metered with the city. After 4:00pm parking is free without a time limit in this area.
A word from McCormick and Schmick's Harborside
This beautiful restaurant located on Lake Union offers spectacular waterfront views and contemporary Northwest cuisine with a dedication to seasonality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick and Schmick's Harborside - Best Restaurants in Lake Union / Eastlake ›
McCormick and Schmick's Harborside reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (86)special occasion (33)good for groups (23)romantic (23)fit for foodies (18)great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (16)notable wine list (16)neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Beautiful view and tasty foodLavenderTrinVIPDined on 6/15/2014We went on Fathers Day and had a window seat with a great view of Lake Union. The food and service were top notch. This is always a favorite spot for us to dine.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014The harbor view is the only thing I'd return for. I ordered Ciopinno which was served with a section of crab legs in the stew. Very messy. The accompanying bread was an over-toasted heel. The other 3 diners at my table were equally unimpressed. Our waiter apologized for running out of bread...but we had to ask for it. The noise level was almost painful. I'm happy to pay their prices if the experience is outstanding...it wasn't.
- Favorite Birthday Celebration SpotJoyBirdDined on 6/13/2014The Halibut was "melt in your mouth" good and fresh. The New York Steak my son ordered was the best he's ever eaten.Special Features:
- We eat here every monthMiriamVIPDined on 6/7/2014We both had the pan seared halibut in season. It was great. The service was great. We also enjoy the view.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealAnnieDined on 6/5/2014Perfect Seattle setting to enjoy a delicious meal. Lovely view of the sea planes taking off in Lake Union and the food is deliciously prepared. Very attentive wait staff. Nothing negative to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingDBonMIVIPDined on 6/4/2014Not my first time to the restaurant but will certainly be my last. Service was poor at best, dirty glassware and utensils and the food was bland.Special Features:
- Highly recommendMICKDined on 6/3/2014Their reputation speaks for its self. As great as always I can't wait to be back next month.Special Features:
- Strangest M and S ever?ratlasVIPDined on 6/1/2014we were looking for a romantic seafood restaurant in Seattle and found our McCormicks' Harborside. we have eaten at other McCormicks around the country so we knew what to expect. We thought we did. The restaurant looked like an undecorated coffee shop. My salmon was overcooked, and I had to go to the bar to retrieve my drink. it was a strange experience.
- The following 1136 reviews are from the McCormick and Schmick's Harborside reviews archive.
- UW1211Dined on 6/1/2014I took my daughter to lunch and we loved the place! Great view, food, ans service.Special Features:
- Good - not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Restaurant was VERY quiet only a few of us dining on Saturday night. Service was great, view was amazing and food was good. Steak was a bit over cooked and dry but all the seafood was well prepared.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/26/2014The Lake Union view is impressive and the activity captivating. However the service and the food were underwhelming. The restaurant was not busy and the staff seemed disorganized and unprepared to greet us for our 6:15pm reservation. The hostess desk was unmanned and another party was waiting when we arrived. The waiter came by to say they were not ready. The décor was nice and the ambience pleasant. The service was slow and seemed challenged. The calamari and coconut shrimp appetizers were the highlight of the meal however the entrees were uninspired. Chilean Sea Bass- overcooked. Salmon Fettuccini-not flavorful. Scallop & Pork Belly- overcooked & Rock Cod-spice paste was not dissolved in the broth. Need to take a lesson from Rays.
- Great FoodMiriamVIPDined on 5/25/2014We eat McCormick and Schmick's Harborside one a month regularly. We always enjoy the food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Great restaurant!maddiedeeeDined on 5/25/2014There was nothing bad at all about this dinner. The food was delicious, our server was very funny and charming, and the view was lovely! Try the salmon!Special Features:
- Classic preparationSeattledadDined on 5/16/2014I had relatives coming in from out of town and wanted to take them somewhere with a view and good fish preparation. We were able to get a table on a Friday night overlooking Lake Union without a problem. The dining room renovation from a year or so ago is very nice. The menu has a great selection of fresh fish and prime beef cuts. Everything was fresh. The potatoes and vegetables had a nice Northwest flair without being too edgy. All of the fish was cooked to perfection and very tasty. And who doesn't like watching Kenmore Air float planes taking off outside the windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor seating choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Unfortunately, the hostess sat us right next to a very loud party of 5 adults even though we were the only other group in that section. The noise level was equivalent to a sports bar. That put a damper on our dining experience. The sablefish was excellent. The tenderloin was ordered medium rare and came medium well but was very good quality. The waiter substituted my oyster choice without asking but the recommendation was very good. The berry cosmo came without any berry garnish and was lackluster. The martini was excellent. Overall, it was a mixed bag. They are capable of a great dining experience. I just wish they were more consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so hot on a sunny dayskyeyedgalDined on 5/13/2014We had lunch outside this week when it was sunny and 80 degrees. We were early for lunch at 11:45 and got great service until the lunch rush hit. Our order was in early and it still took too long. The waitress had zero assistance from anyone else and should have had another person splitting the deck and someone to assist with bussing tables. I had the grilled salmon salad which was decent but not anything to write about. My friend had the parmesan chicken salad and she added salt to it twice looking for some flavor. We requested our water refilled twice to no avail. This could just be the first season rush but it was the second day that was planned for sun this week so the scheduling could and should have been adjusted for it.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Dinnernice2shareDined on 5/11/2014Five of us dinned on Mothers Day at 6:30. I was surprised that it took so long to get beverages since it wasn't that crowded at that time. We just delayed ordering so we could enjoy our cocktails before the food arrived. We all had the salmon and an order of coconut shrimp. It was wonderful! Our Mothers Day Celebration was a success and we'll be back again.Special Features:
- Poor Servicedeedee2014Dined on 5/11/2014The server brought me a vodka tonic w/o a slice of lime. We ordered appetizers and our appetizer plates were never cleared off table. We had to ask twice for a beer. She didn't ask if we wanted another drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheOneAndOnlyDined on 5/11/2014We've gone to the mother's day brunch 3 out of the last four years and had really enjoyed it, but my wife and I both noticed how incredibly salty all of the dishes were this year. In the past, the fluffy eggs were perfect but this year there was so much salt we stopped eating it after one bite and refrained from letting our 2 year old have any which kind of upset her. The seafood dishes were the main culprit, where they had been fresh in the past they seemed overly prepared with salt to make them last longer. We might try it again next year because we love the view and had been going long enough to want to try it again but if it remains as salty as it did this last time we will look elsewhere...Special Features:
- Mother's Day Brunchmomof4Dined on 5/11/2014We were seated fairly quickly considering they opened the doors at 9:30 and 50 plus people were waiting. We waited then for 10 minutes for the waiter to take our drink order (coffee) and show us the buffet. There was no chocolate fountain, no omelet station, no fresh pancakes or waffles. There was a pan of cold plain scrambled eggs, eggs benedict that was slightly warmer, sausages that were cold. There was a carving station. The salmon was good but again not hot. The dessert table, which is what I really go to brunch for had 6 choices with everything cut into tiny bite size pieces. The brownie was very dry. The topper was the fact that our coffee finally came AFTER we were almost done, no cream and they charged EXTRA!!!Special Features:
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Horrible Mother's Day brunch experience. Waited 10 mins before server made first stop at table. Waited another 5 mins for coffee. Brunch was awful. Food was cold. When we told the manager about food quality, he said nobody else has complained. I personally heard 2 other tables upset with service and food quality. Server ended up being apologetic about everything but experience was still poor.
- Sent my dinner back.drtwDined on 5/3/2014My dinner was so bad I had to send it back. I was there with my date for the prom, and it did not start the night well.
- Pleasant diningBirthdaysixDined on 5/2/2014We went there to celebrate my wife's birthday with a party of six. We all enjoyed our entrees although the green beans could have used a little more cooking; very hard to cut. The fingerling potatoes were unremarkable. The service was very good, all orders correct and with a reasonable wait-time. A round table would have made conversing easier, especially with noise from adjacent tables. My wife was presented with a "Special Occasion Cake" which we all shared. Overall, a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good venue for a special occasionhappycoupleDined on 4/26/2014We were celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary. We enjoyed the view of the marina. The service was excellent and so was the food. It was a "splurge" for us due to our anniversary, but definitely worth it.Special Features:
- MemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/10/2014Our meal was superb. Each course was flavorful, The mussels were superb. We had the trout...excellent. The food was expertly seasoned causing one to take note of each delicate bite. We sat in booth that over looked the water and separated us above other diners...lovely. Each person we had contact with enhanced our experience. I would have given 5 stars...but there was a timing issue with the wine and coffee...which unfortunately did have an impact...but we enjoyed our experience and we will return for another meal. Great view. Employee contact was enjoyable. Food superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ViewNikkiBDined on 4/4/2014A group of friends and I dined upstairs for a Friday night drinks and dinner. The view is amazing, the wine was great, service was attentive and we enjoyed the food. I had hoped for a bit more of a happy hour feel but that might be best achieved downstairs in the bar. Definitely worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency Counts!RobertinSeattleDined on 4/2/2014As always, McCormick and Schmick's is consistently perfect at every location. Great birthday lunch for my son and daughter. We each enjoyed different dishes along with an appetizer, all totally done to perfection in taste and appearance. Wow! Salmon Fettuccine! Mmmmm...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner reviewYummoDined on 3/29/2014Delicious food (steak and chicken, only because we eat fish often and wanted something different), delicious wine, polite and attentive gentleman waiting our table. The light was a bit too dim for our eyes and could have been brightened a little without losing the dinner ambience. Even with this very minor suggestion, it was a delightful dinner. We'll be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicedaveDined on 3/29/2014The service was bad, very slow and not attentive. had to ask for replacement flatware and pepper for salads. food was just okay nothing to write home about but it was warm when served. Ordered one dinner item and were told about 20 minutes after ordering that they just ran out of that item. The besting is the view.Special Features:
- Simply outstandingLionKingDinnerDined on 3/18/2014We elected to visit McCormick & Schmicks before going to see Lion King in Seattle. We got there at 5:30. The restaurant was essentially empty. Our waiter was exceptionally attentive without being obtrusive. We ordered appetizer (calamari) and side salads (one for each of us), coffee and my wife ordered creme brûlée. Everything was exceptional. The food was served hot with great presentation. The dessert was one of the best offerings I've ever experienced. We would go back in a heart beat. Our only fear would be that this evening's experience was so good, could it be repeated on an ongoing basis. Hope so.Special Features:
- Definitely worth a return visitglamgalDined on 3/15/2014We had Landry Club points to use and decided to give this restaurant a try. We were pleasantly surprised! The dining room is quietly elegant with gorgeous views of Lake Union (even on a rainy evening). Everyone in our party ordered seafood which was fresh and prepared as requested. Our waiter seemed a bit overwhelmed but nice enough. One observer noted the restaurant seemed understaffed. Overall we really enjoyed our dining experience and will definitely make a return visit. (The only slight disappointment was that we were celebrating a birthday, which was printed on the menu, however the birthday guy was not offered a complimentary dessert-not even a tiny dish of ice cream with a candle)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EventBruncherDined on 3/13/2014The fish was excellent -Copio?, but the Filet Mignon was not - quite tasteless,Special Features:
- Only for food of conveniencejungskim89Dined on 3/13/2014A friend came into town and we decided to grab a quick lunch on my lunch break. We went upstairs to the dining room and stood there by the podium for 5 minutes with at least a dozen waitstaff walking by and not one person smiled, said hi, or someone will be right with you. We started saying Hello? to people as they walked by and no one acknowledged us. We finally got seated by a woman who begrudgingly sat us and walked away promptly. We sat another 5 minutes with no water and no hello from a waiter. Our waiter finally showed up, and he was slow and forgetful. He brought our iced tea, forgot the sweetner, never brought it even though we asked multiple times, took our water glasses even though we asked for water. A horrible staff and place
- Too little for two much!LuvurpizzaDined on 3/11/2014This place has a beautiful view of Lake Union, but not so beautiful prices. The Chilean sea bas was tough and chewy at $33. I ordered trout and got half a fish, for $19. With a few pieces of burnt potatoes and some firm beans. The drinks were very expensive, and my B&B after dinner was poured with too many ice cubes, making it more ice than liquor. To top it off, I had to pay to get out of the parking lot! $135 bill was way overpriced for the meals we got.Special Features:
- good for the moneyTurkDined on 3/7/2014I wanted a nice steak at a nice restaurant. had never eaten here before. the view was excellent over Lake Union, unfortunately it had gotten dark so both dealing with limited. but the lights on the water were nice for ambiance. menu a straightforward and limited. service was attentive but a little too talky. steak was good size the ribeye, but more fat than I would have appreciated at this price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or missServcoDined on 3/6/2014Unfortunately McCormick and Schmick's Harborside has been hit or miss lately. They seem to be understaffed. Your meal takes entirely too long to arrive. Wait staff seem rushed and frustrated. My last visit was better so i hope they can turn it around.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014The food (bacon wrapped shrimp & steaks), as well as the atmosphere was the best. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerKristenDined on 2/22/2014I made the reservation online and included comments that this dinner was to celebrate our friend's 84th birthday. When we arrived we were warmly greeted and when seated special menus that said Happy Birthday for our friend were on the table. They also took into account that our friend might have trouble hearing (which he does) so they had reserved a booth for us that helped with the noise level. We were really glad to see the renovation making it much more current and seating that highlighted the incredible view of Lake Union. The food was perfect, the service was right on the money and the whole experience was so much more than I expected. Thank you for making this such a memorable experience.Special Features:
- Miserably Failed ExpectationsFoodLuverDined on 2/19/2014First, the service was very good. We were seated right away (the place was quite empty though) and orders were taken and served pretty quickly. The food however was very very boring. The salmon was overdone and tasteless. The veggies and potatoes were just ok. Similarly for the Lingcod. The price was ridiculously high for the food we received. We pretty much paid for the view. On the bright side, the dessert drinks were pretty good (Millionaire Coffee was delicious).Special Features:
- Fantastic foodAwesomedudeDined on 2/16/2014Fantastic seafood! Our waitress was such a nice lady and very personable. I'd go back there in a second!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.