McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street)
1652 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/dc
- Phone: 2028612233
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 - 4:00; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday & Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Bar open 1 hour past close each night
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Fernando Giacomini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant has many options for private/semi-private meeting and dining space. Inquire with our Special Event Coordinator to reserve your special occasion!
- Cross Street: Between 16th and 17th on "K" Street
- Public Transit: Located near the Farragut North (Red Line) and Farragut West (Orange/Blue Line) Metro stops.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking garages at 1667 K St. NW (.02 miles), 1625 I St. NW (.04 miles), and street parking throughout the week.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street)
McCormick & Schmick's is in the heart of D.C.'s business district, just two blocks from The White House. Widely regarded as the place to see the city's most famous and notable names, it has distinguished itself with a fresh-daily menu of more than 30 seafood and fish selections from around the world. Its lively bar features the best shoe shine in town and a happy hour noted by the Washington Business Journal as "phenomenal" and voted "Best Seafood Restaurant" by Washingtonian Magazine readers. Outdoor patio is open April thru October. In addition to our regular menu, Executive Chef Fernando Giacomini and General Manager Barry Hathaway feature great specials like Filet & Jumbo Shrimp Combination and great seasonal wild selection. Make your reservation today!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street) reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)good for groups (49)great for lunch (41)fit for foodies (27)romantic (27)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (13)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (9)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- The food was great, exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2008The food was great, except for the "stuffed shrimp" which was just shrimp with stuffing on top. I was also dissappointed that although my meal included creme brulee (my favorite dessert), they were out that night.Special Features:
- Food was delicious....GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2008Food was delicious....Great idea to have small rooms, more quiet and romantic.Special Features:
- Overall the food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/3/2008Overall the food was very tasty, service was great at the beginning, but fell off towards the end of the meal. I resented the waiter writing gratuity suggestions on the check. I've patronized other MCcormick & Schmick restaurants with larger parties and that was never done. I will also visit the restaurant again.Special Features:
- We had a slight issue w/ theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/2/2008We had a slight issue w/ the flavored creme brulee, but other than that outstanding.Special Features:
- The Mahi Mahi was cooked realmommafricaDined on 4/1/2008The Mahi Mahi was cooked real nice(a descent portion but could have been a little bigger-I love to eat). The owner & waitress were top-of-the-line. I have a "hopefully small" problem w/ M&S that the mgr seemed to have gone out of his way by trying to help resolve this. I have to go back. I promised James Brown-the shoeshine man w/ soul that I would be back to see him.Special Features:
- Excellent as usual. A veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/1/2008Excellent as usual. A very pleasant dining experience. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Server S SAL was not veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/1/2008Server S SAL was not very good, his service was slow and infrequent/unavailable. I ordered my entree with no rice, tried substituting with veggies. Received standard entree with rice and veggies. Not correct, poor service. Also incorrect billing $3.00 tax on a $1.15 bill??? Check #381939 - see for yourself. Unfortunately, I was in a rush and just paid(overpaid)the bill with a better than deserved tip for poor service/felt cheated. I normally get great service there and am reluctant to return.Special Features:
- After appeitizers plates wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008After appeitizers plates were removed (along with silverware), had to ask twice for additional silverware after entree was served. No complimentry bread brought to table.
- The food was pretty mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/29/2008The food was pretty mediocre and the service was poor.Special Features:
- A very good restaurant. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/28/2008A very good restaurant. The food was great, as was the ambiance. Arrived 20 min before reservation time and was seated 5 min early when there was a 30 min waiting time. The food was prepared perfectly and the waiter was attentive and personable when wanted. An excellent eating experience.
- Appreciated the prompt attentionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/28/2008Appreciated the prompt attention and friendly service at the door and at the table.Special Features:
- First time hopefully of manyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/27/2008First time hopefully of many at this seafood mecca. Waitress knew every dish and sauce on the menu with actual suggestions. Tried all new things including shark (great), scallops (huge and tasty) and pumpkin creme brule! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmSpecial Features:
- I regularly go to lunch atOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/27/2008I regularly go to lunch at McCormick. It is a great place. Mel the Maitre d' always takes care of my requests. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Very helpful, polite, andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2008Very helpful, polite, and attentive staff. Appetizers excellent. Quite an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- WE ENJOYED IT VERY MUCH ! MYSchulzSaysDined on 3/25/2008WE ENJOYED IT VERY MUCH ! MY WIFE ENJOYED THE BIRTHDAY GREETING PRINTED ON TOP OF HER MENU. NICE TOUCH !Special Features:
- The original booking was forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008The original booking was for Sat 22nd March but due to overdoing things(too much shopping) during the day we had to reschedule for Sun 23rd March. The restaurant were very accomodating in this respect, it was no problem to them. We were met with a friendly greeting and promptly shown to our table, where we were introduced to our waiter for the night, who's name I dont recall, but who at the same time was fantastic, if you pardon the expression he worked his butt off all night and didn't miss a thing. We were especially pleased that the night went so well as a couple of years ago we were in New York staying at the Hotel Peninsula, who recommended a restaurant to us, who's name I dont recall, which was a mistake. Thankyou very, very muchSpecial Features:
- Excellant Service. Sorry,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008Excellant Service. Sorry, I can not remember the waiter's name !!!Special Features:
- We went for Easter BrunchmomentintimeDined on 3/23/2008We went for Easter Brunch and realized we made a mistake. the restaurant was not prepared to serve brunch (ran out of oranges--so no mimosas). We ordered two filet mignons cooked medium with shrimp scampi. One steak was well-done and the shrimp was rubbery on both orders. When they replaced the overdone filet, they again didn't cook it properly. Instead of being cooked medium, it was rare. Very rare. Our server was fine and she seemed apologetic and sort of frustrated with the kitchen in general; for good reason. I wouldn't recommend it for brunch. Even though I've had enjoyable dinners there in the past, I would probably stay away for fear of another pricey and mediocre meal. The highly recommended Halibut was just okay.
- We went to M&S's for SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008We went to M&S's for Sunday brunch because we really enjoy this rest. The food was good but we had a mumbling waiter who thought he was funny and actually dropped a fork on me and never picked it up! We were also very worried when drinks were served (especially hot drinks) and saw him spill a drink on a neighboring table. He actually smelled my daughter's ginger ale before serving it which was nauseating to watch. Another waitress in the area was doing her best to pick up the slack and did an outstanding job! I'm hoping by the time any other patrons read this review, the waiter in question will have been let go. Would definately visit this rest. again when in the area, but will never let this person serve me and my family!Special Features:
- This is a restaurant thatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2008This is a restaurant that I frequent. The guy that seated us treated us like royalty. Our server Rob was 1st class1!!!Special Features:
- The service could/should havenosa1ntDined on 3/22/2008The service could/should have been better. The wait staff were not easily accessible. The food was not up to expectations. I was not impressed by my experience.
- This was pretty much whatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008This was pretty much what you expect from a chain restaurant that caters to tourists. Food was exactly as you would expect: decent if a little overpriced for what you get. The seating area where we were placed was right next to a few big tables with loud kids. Everyone pretty much enjoyed their dinner but it's nothing spectacular. You pretty much get what you expect: nothing amazing but dependably decent. Dinner and a drink for 4 was around $250 plus tip.
- Front desk made a booth availableDannVIPDined on 3/20/2008Front desk made a booth available when requested. It was appreciated as I had an out of town guest. DannSpecial Features:
- I go there regularly for aOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/20/2008I go there regularly for a reason. They have a great selection of food at a reasonable price. The service is excellent and the maitre d' Mel is great!Special Features:
- Service was good. It tookOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/20/2008Service was good. It took too long to get our food after we ordered, but the waitress made the best of it. We joked that they had to catch the salmon first.Special Features:
- I attend this restaurant onOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/17/2008I attend this restaurant on a weekly basis. From the start the maitre de was very warm and inviting. The server was good, but it seemed like other servers played a teamwork like roll in making my dining experience better. The only thing I would recommend is that the servers stop by the table more often. This is one of my favorite restaurants and I enjoy quite a bit, keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Food was great - have beenPEP1Dined on 3/15/2008Food was great - have been to the K Street restaurant before and have always enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Romantic and UpscaleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/15/2008We celebrated our anniversary here and it was a joyous experience. The waiter was patient with us while we pored over the wine list. The food is delicious! Definitely left a lasting impression and we will be back.Special Features:
- This Restaurant is outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/3/2007This Restaurant is outstanding. The wait staff knows their wine and can recommend what ever your taste is for the different types of wine. The seafood is great, always hot and seasoned the way it should be. I have never had a bad experience at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Had higher expectations thanOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2006Had higher expectations than what was realized. Very good steaks. Dissappointing bernaise. Very good wine list. One of the best Seafood towers - excellent crab meat with wonderful sauces. Desserts are a disneyland of indulgence - don't expect to finish as the portions are emense.Special Features: