McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street)
1652 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/dc
- Phone: 2028612233
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 - 4:00; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday & Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Bar open 1 hour past close each night
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Fernando Giacomini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant has many options for private/semi-private meeting and dining space. Inquire with our Special Event Coordinator to reserve your special occasion!
- Cross Street: Between 16th and 17th on "K" Street
- Public Transit: Located near the Farragut North (Red Line) and Farragut West (Orange/Blue Line) Metro stops.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking garages at 1667 K St. NW (.02 miles), 1625 I St. NW (.04 miles), and street parking throughout the week.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street)
McCormick & Schmick's is in the heart of D.C.'s business district, just two blocks from The White House. Widely regarded as the place to see the city's most famous and notable names, it has distinguished itself with a fresh-daily menu of more than 30 seafood and fish selections from around the world. Its lively bar features the best shoe shine in town and a happy hour noted by the Washington Business Journal as "phenomenal" and voted "Best Seafood Restaurant" by Washingtonian Magazine readers. Outdoor patio is open April thru October. In addition to our regular menu, Executive Chef Fernando Giacomini and General Manager Barry Hathaway feature great specials like Filet & Jumbo Shrimp Combination and great seasonal wild selection. Make your reservation today!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street) reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)good for groups (47)great for lunch (40)fit for foodies (26)romantic (26)notable wine list (16)vibrant bar scene (12)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (9)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Worthy of a revisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Pleasant atmosphere and good food. My guest and I tried a range of items -- oysters, walnut salad, crab, and trout. All were exceptionally well prepared and enjoyable. Service was pleasant and good although a bit slow at times. The cheese cake with strawberries dessert was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STRAWBERRIESStartWithTheEndDined on 5/7/2014I received the flyer on STRAWBERRIES, mentioned it to staff n the office and we decided to see what that was all about. We had the opportunity to talk with the head chief, who did a great job for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/5/2014Rain set in as we finished our meal. Staff went in to the rain repeatedly to hail us a cab as we were unprepared for the rain. This is an act the staff of Dee (dining room mgr) and myla (our wait person) didn't have to do , but they did. What nice unselfish gesture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ladies Night Out08LeoDined on 4/27/2014This was an excellent choice for before theater dinning. The meal was timely and we arrived at Arena Stage on time. The meal was presented well and portions were not overwhelming, just right. Excellent taste. We'll go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationBdayDined on 4/25/2014The steak was the best I've ever tasted in the whole world - I'm in the Foreign Service and have travelled to 38 countries - so that is a big claim. The drinks were fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was a Marvelous TreatFayeDined on 4/22/2014Our group was celebrating a special occasion; we got the table we requested. Food and service were terrific.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014Excellent Salad (Mixed Green Salad with Walnuts). My Entree ( almond crusted trout) was fair the sides were o.k. I love fish, I've had this dish before and was looking forward to this, I would not order that again. Our kid's loved their meals. My husband had the crab cake sandwich and he liked it. Service was very good overall.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Sunday dinnerChatterboxx1969VIPDined on 4/20/2014My family and I had enjoyed our meal and the great service. This is a restaurant that we can count on for a great experience.Special Features:
- Easter Sunday BrunchPharaohTomDined on 4/20/2014I wanted to have a nice steak and seafood dinner with my son and his girlfriend for Easter Sunday night. The service by the waitress was good but, unfortunately, the bar was jammed and so it took a long time for us to get served our drinks before, during and after the meal, when the bar was involved. My seafood (seared scallops) was delicious as was the swordfish which my son ordered and the steak which his girlfriend ordered. Dessert was delicious, too, a peanut butter cookie with vanilla ice cream and scotch sauce on top. The prices are a bit above average for Washington, DC though, so bring your wallet and credit card. For the 3 of us, dinner was $225.00, when I was expecting something closer to $150.00.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!LuvgoodfoodDined on 4/19/2014Excellent as always!! Service and food outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!DcsourfavDined on 4/18/2014We had eaten at Landrys restaurants in the past and had great luck. Our first trip to DC I searched Landrys brands and found McCormicks. We will always come back when in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth a second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014I made reservations for my brother's birthday party. The server was not attentive, taking forever to order our food and bring refills for our beverages. My family was eager to try the food as the has a nice selection to choose from. But again just like the service the food was a let down. Most of our dishes were quite bland. The overall experience was not nearly as special as I anticipated, especially for a birthday celebration.
- Delicious Steak Dinner and DessertfuntrvlrDined on 4/16/2014This restaurant was recommended by friends and our hotel. We loved it! From appetizer to dessert! We ordered steak, lobster and shrimp. All was delicious. The apple cobbler and cinnamon ice cream dessert was great! Service was excellent. Our waiter checked on us frequently, made suggestions and was there always when we needed anything but wasn't pushy. We enjoyed a quiet dinner. There were business people, families and couples in the restaurant so I would recommend for anyone. beautifully decorated restaurant. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Our wedding day dinnerKarenelDined on 4/11/2014My partner and I were married the day we dined and the experience at McCormick & Schmick's was the perfect ending to our beautiful day. The service was impeccable, the food delicious and the atmosphere very romantic. We highly recommend this restaurant and will certainly return on our next visit to D.C.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialHarleyVIPDined on 4/11/2014Ok, but there's got to be a better seafood restaurant. If you want seafood ... It's ok just nothing special.
- Awesome Place for a Working Lunch!Customer4LifeDined on 4/10/2014I had a working lunch here...fabulous service, excellent food, and awesome environment! I plan to coordinate a group luncheon here in the near future. The ambience is so amazing! You must visit...you will definitely become a repeat customer like myself and my colleagues!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed.PeteSDined on 4/9/2014We have been to McCormick & Schmick's in other cities and had very good experience. Not here. Hostess was unfriendly. She made us feel like our being there seemed to interrupted her day. The restaurant was so noisy it was difficult to have a conversation. Our waitress was average at best as was the service and food. I would not recommend this location to anybody.Special Features:
- Great experience but a bit priceyCherylDined on 4/9/2014We had a lovely semi-secluded table for our birthday celebration so we could actually hear each other talk. The food selection was extensive and the food was excellent. Our server was also very attentive without hovering. We were a bit disappointed that we could not get happy hour drinks at our table but there was an extensive wine, beer and drink menu. Everything was terrific except I was surprised at how expensive everything was. Perhaps I haven't dined enough in DC in the past few years but it was more than I had hoped to spend. I'll do more due diligence next time. It was, however, a wonderful choice for a special occasion and I might return for another special occasion--but be more prepared for the total cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seems ever since Landry tookShortyDined on 4/9/2014Seems ever since Landry took over the service is very slow, almost to the point where it makes us question if we want to go back. Food quality isn't considtent either. We had to wait at least 10 minutes after being seated as VIP for server to take our drink order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed catching up!POAWOMENDined on 4/7/2014This is a good restaurant for catching up with friends. We were assigned one of the private areas, and it was perfect for us. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happyConfusedDined on 4/5/2014Seated next to the kitchen - other tables available - had to be moved - waited forever for a server - ordered drinks - one guest had a hair in their drink - ordered a scotch on the rocks - came without ice - drink measured with an-eyedropper - barely covered the bottom of the glass - should have refused for $12 - also had a hair in it - our server never viewable - unlike others - 3 servers arrived with someone else's food then wandered off confused - ordered wine with meal - came 15 minutes after the food was served - overall disorganized and confused - not well managed
- Nice eveningmertpa1Dined on 4/5/2014My wife and daughter were running The Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Race this weekend and we chose this restaurant for a pre-race meal. We probably ordered a little more food than normal as far as appetizer, entre, and dessert. While most were hits there were a few misses. The Lobster Bisque was a little floury and the Rigatoni with Salmon lacked a little flavor. The Seafood Mixed Grill was very good and so were the salads and desserts. Overall it was an enjoyable evening but not quite as good as it could have been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Generic ChainOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/4/2014Very disappointing. Nothing like the original. Loud room, despite many empty tables. Terrible service, from beginning to end. Felt like we were at a TGI Fridays. Each course took FOREVER. Steaks arrived overcooked for everyone's taste. Were not anywhere near the quality one would expect at a restaurant calling itself a steakhouse. Can get a better steak at Applebees.Special Features:
- Food was great, service was slowSusanFDined on 4/3/2014We had a party of eight for a birthday lunch for a co-worker. The server was very good, and even adapted something for one of our diners, which was a special request. She was pleasant and competent and attentive. That said, the service was very, very slow, to the point that all of us were commenting on it. We were there nearly two hours, which caused three of us in the party to have to re-schedule meetings (including being on phones, trying to do calendar changes, while we were supposed to be enjoying a nice time with colleagues). For the prices of M&S, I'd expect service to be a little more timely.Special Features:
- Exceptional serviceBWilson1610Dined on 4/1/2014What exceptional service! From menu recommendations to above and beyond to accommodate special dietary requests. Amazing team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not used to DC RUDE???OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014We had made a reservation, showed up early and there was a lot of available seating on a Saturday night. We had 3 kids in tow (2 of whom eat from the adult menu) and of all the places to sit in the restaurant they marched us into the back room, away from society... yet in a room where they had other tables. It felt like they were trying to HIDE us! I asked if we could sit in one of the 8 seat private spaces (as there were A LOT of open ones)... the hostess and waiter rolled their eyes and in a sharp, rude tone the hostess said: "well I'll follow you" and the waiter gave a look of "well OK then". I was very polite in my speech and we did not deserve to be treated like we are LESS THAN any others. THEY DID NOT BUSS OR WATER TABLE!!!!Special Features:
- Tea bag anyone?LunchonFridayDined on 3/28/2014Food for lunch was okay but service was unfortunately poor. Took a long time for lunch (a simple caesar salad and BLT) to be served, tea was served consisting of hot water, without tea bag and the second cup of hot water/tea took 30 minutes to arrive after asking for it, again without tea bag. The waitress was quite inattentive. Really too bad, as the bar and oysters are usually fabulous and highly recommended.
- Didn't get a warm fuzzy fromOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/23/2014Didn't get a warm fuzzy from waiter. Felt a little uncomfortable there. Have been to other M/S locations with better results. Was a little disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Luck in Table ChoiceHuachucaDined on 3/22/2014Although we had requested a booth via Open Seating, we got a table adjacent to one party of 13 (11 loud college kids and 2 parents) and another of 8. Each were loudly celebrating birthdays. We didn't object because we were there before either of the boisterous parties arrived. By the time they were seated we had ordered and we did have a wonderful waiter who did his best valiantly. The food was good. We didn't linger and were happy to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, people andAmandaDined on 3/22/2014Wonderful food, people and service! This location is the best in the DC/Virginia area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality marginal andGaryDined on 3/19/2014Food quality marginal and over priced. Service onlr fair.
- Good Late Meal but not GreatAnInternetInventorVIPDined on 3/17/2014We are regular diners at M&S when we are in DC and Baltimore. Fish choices have gone down in number but grilled to perfection. Disappointed that selection of oysters has diminished to only a couple of choices. Had another enjoyable evening and good seafood, but we have had much better here in the past.Special Features:
- Engagement CelebrationShellyDined on 3/14/2014Our son proposed to his girlfriend earlier in the evening on the night that we recently dined at McCormick & Schmick's. All 4 parents were in on the plan, so we had pre-selected this restaurant and had ordered bottles of champagne to be chilled and ready when the couple arrived. The wait staff was in on the surprise for the newly engaged couple, and they helped to make our celebration a great success. The food was delicious, and we had a terrific time. McCormick & Schmick's was definitely the right choice for our families' memorable event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafood, steak? No so much...TNrkitectVIPDined on 3/14/2014My wife and I ate here tonight, and the meal started out great. She had the Lobster Bisque and I had the Mussels as appetizers; both were outstanding. Then we decided to try the steak and were sadly disappointed. Longhorn Steak does a better job for less than half the price than these steaks.We might go back, but not for the steak.
- Great food, Great ServiceRMKLove831Dined on 3/12/2014Superb weeknight treat! We ordered the new lobster fritters as an appetizer at the recommendation of our charismatic waiter. The fritters were delicious and the presentation was lovely. The lobster Alfredo was also delicious: I ate every bite. For dessert, the berry cobbler was warm and very yummy. The restaurant itself was clean and the staff was friendly. My only (small) complaint was that we were seated in a booth near the door. As the door opened, we felt a draft. It wasn't as cold out as it had been earlier, but the air was cool enough for me to remember. I've been to this restaurant many times and have always had an enjoyable experience. I will definitely return; I will just ask to sit farther away from the front doorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointingRCfromDCVIPDined on 3/12/2014Despite being a chain, M & S provides tasty special dishes in addition to the standard seafood and meat fare. Service, as always, is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2014I hate paying over $450 for a group of four only to be treated so poorly. Restaurant was unbearably hot, orders were messed up, had to go to the manager 3 times over issues. Ridiculous!
- Another Perfect LuncheonVLawDined on 3/6/2014As a member of their Club and a regular luncheon patron, I continue to marvel at the consistently high performance of the staff as well as the wide and ever-changing variety of delectable choices on the menu. Great bar for a quick but fine dining experience as well.Special Features:
- Service very poor and food mediocreDCvisitorDined on 3/4/2014The service was very poor and the wait for food and even water refills long. The only good part about the experience was the easy booking for a reservation through open table and the lobster bisque, which was very good. They have a nice selection of oysters, but the staff could not tell is much about them.
- Special surpriseBuffalo29VIPDined on 3/4/2014I booked my reservation with Open Table and indicated that we were celebrating Jackie's Birthday. After we were seated and the menus were presented, Jackie was shocked to see "Happy Birthday Jackie " at the top of the menu. This small detail made Jackie's birthday lunch a memorable celebration. Kudos for the special recognition! The 2-course lunch special was excellent. I had the fresh salad and grilled Tilapia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.