131 Broad St.
Boston, MA 02110Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blueincboston.com/
- Phone: 6172615353x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri Open at 11:30am
Saturday Dinner Service Begins at 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Santos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are also a Full Service Caterer on or off site
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Special Events: A Fun Cocktail Reception
Catered Business Lunches
Unique Corporate Functions
Special Events (birthday parties, bachelorette dinners, rehearsal dinners)
- Cross Street: Atlantic Ave.
- Public Transit: The nearest T stop is Aquarium on the Blue Line: Go to Atlantic Ave (facing Faneuil Hall) and take a left (toward the Boston Harbor Hotel). Once at the Boston Harbor Hotel Arch: Take a right onto Broad Street. We are on the left hand side on the first block.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is on street parking, garage and private lot parking.Parking is also available at 1 International Place Parking Garage. Entrance on Atlantic Avenue. There are 800 secured parking spots and it is located across on High St.
A word from Blue Inc.
Chef Jason Santos of Hell"s Kitchen has taken over 131 Broad Street, Boston MA to introduce his newest venture, Blue Inc. We are a vibrant, fun, creative American restaurant! We cannot wait to share what we have in store for you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Blue Inc. - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Blue Inc. reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (14)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (13)great for outdoor dining (11)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)romantic (3)scenic view (3)special occasion (3)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- We had a good dinner at BlueOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/20/2013We had a good dinner at Blue Inc. very friendly service, decent wines by the glass and good, well-priced food. It would be helpful to have a category on Open Table to rate a a restaurant for its value for the money -- this restaurant was that. Good food and service and very well-priced.Special Features:
- We have dined here before,genemiaeDined on 4/13/2013We have dined here before, about a year or so ago. I thought the menu at that time was a little more inventive but the food was very good, especially the seared tuna tacos.Special Features:
- Delicious FindASM1Dined on 4/12/2013Found Blue Inc on open table - the food was comfort food with a twist and delicious. Highly recommend the Fontina mac & cheese and the duck confit - YUM! The service was well intentioned but the servers could use some more training about the food...they were, however, lovely and polite and helpful A really good choice.Special Features:
- Blue Is Suprisingly GreyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/9/2013Was surprisingly disappointed by the environment and also by the food. Had a crabcake sandwich with a side of cole slaw. The slaw was undercooked and too chewy. It was also quite bland. The crabcake was better but the bread it was on was completely wrong in every way - bland and more like a soft roll. The restaurant was extremely noisy - we tried to have a business lunch and asked the waiter for a reasonably quiet table and was told there wasn't one!
- I have been here before aOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/8/2013I have been here before a couple years ago and had a god experience. However, this time the restaurant was almost empty and we still had terrible service. We had a party of 3 and were sat at a table of 4 and the extra place setting was never removed. We had empty drinks with none of the 3 staff members coming to see if we would like another drink. Yet we watched our waitress sit 3 feet from us texting on her cellphone. I will not be returning here again and will let others know that this place is past their prime.
- I preface this by saying thatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2013I preface this by saying that I fully understand that I went on the last night of restaurant week. I went in expecting it to be busy. However, I did not expect the horrible service and lack of attentiveness. Our waitress appeared to be on something, was unable to hold any sort of conversation, and flitted about like she didn't have a care in the world. She got our first round of drinks wrong, got two courses of our meal wrong. She left incorrect items on our check and we had to ask to have them removed. This was on top of everything taking forever (again, I almost understand this but given the limited menu, I would still expect faster service). It was very loud and we could not hold on a conversation. Definitely not a date night place!
- Blue Inc was fantastic! MyLuv2dineDined on 3/29/2013Blue Inc was fantastic! My family and I had a great time and would definitely come back!Special Features:
- Yet again, the food was impeccable!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2013Yet again, the food was impeccable! Every time, without fail, this place delivers excellent food. The food is so unique and the flavors are fabulous. Can't wait to go again soon!Special Features:
- We thought Blue Inc was great,-OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/28/2013We thought Blue Inc was great,- the food, service, everything.Special Features:
- Blue Inc Gets It DoneNewmyDined on 3/27/2013The experience rating chart says it all. Food, wine and service were some of the best my wife and I have ever had.Special Features:
- Solid but not perfectPWongDined on 3/25/2013Food was ok for restaurant week. Sadly they didn't have the regular menu available. Had an impression that they were experimenting with possible new dishes. Both the service and setting had a good vibe to it. Would recommend as a place for drinks.Special Features:
- We were really excited toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013We were really excited to dine at Jason Santos's restaurant and it just about lived up to expectations. If I have to be super picky-- the lobster and white bean soup was a bit bland. Everything else was so good. Now that we know this restaurant is there, we'll definitely be back. They had a great crowd of people and a great beverage selection.Special Features:
- Delicious food, great atmospher,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2013Delicious food, great atmospher, in an easy convenient location. Service was impecable. We had the best waitress I've ever had at any restaurant.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Score!BostonNorthEnderVIPDined on 3/22/2013We stopped in for a quick light lunch. We were pleasantly surprised with the excellent and attentive service alongside delicious food! This was our first time at Blue, but we will absolutely be back to try more of the menu.Special Features:
- Great restaurant designedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2013Great restaurant designed in whites and glass to give it a larger feel. The food was wonderful! I ordered the pulled pork rangoon, duck confit and dark chocolate cheesecake. All were delicious! Head bartender was extremely knowledgeable about all drinks and had lots of recommendations based on my feedback. He selected an oatmeal stout for a starter and a crisp pinot grigio with the duck. Both were perfect. The only drawback is the size. Because it is so small, it is very loud. I went by myself; however, had I gone with a friend or a group, conversation would have been difficult because of the noise. Regardless, excellent food, excellent service and I’ll be back again.Special Features:
- It was busy even though weOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2013It was busy even though we had reservations. Service would have gotten 5 stars, except there were things the server kept forgetting, like a spoon for soup, and there was bbq sauce missing from my burger. Other than that, food was delicious and I had a great experience.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/18/2013Third time into Blue Inc. and never a bad thing to say. Foods adventurous as well as the cocktail list. Great Restaurant Week menu. Don't miss out on this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I tried it, but no needOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/18/2013Glad I tried it, but no need to return. Food was fine, no game-changing items.
- We tried Blue Inc. as "somethingSilkeVIPDined on 3/18/2013We tried Blue Inc. as "something new" (to us as downtown workers) for Restaurant Week but probably wouldn't go back... not that it wasn't very nice, but we aren't really "gastro-pub" types... don't drink, favor food over drinks or a pub atmosphere. Well, RW is for trying things, right?
- A friend and I went here forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/18/2013A friend and I went here for Restaurant Week and while the food was good, the service was poor. The restaurant is quite small and every time the door opened, pretty much everyone sitting down shivered from the draft of the cold Boston wind coming through the place. I had the potato soup with a deliciously creamy base, perfectly cooked bacon, and yummy cheddar cheese. I also had the bacon burger (delicious) and a side of cheddar stuffed tots which were a big disappointment-too much garlic! The service was pretty disappointing given that it was a Monday afternoon and the place is so small. They brought out our meals at different times and completely forgot our sides. Overall a "good" not "great".Special Features:
- We've been planning on goingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2013We've been planning on going to Blu Inc for quite some time. There was much to like about the food. The pork rangoon appetizer and duck confit were exceptional. The beef wellington, chocolate cheese cake, and creme brulee were good. The service was not good even though we were eating at 6pm and the crowd was light. The waiter was hanging out at the bar. When he did visit, he had no personality. My wife is pregnant and I mentioned that only one of the appetizers were pregnant friendly, he just didn't respond - I wasn't complaining, we just thought it was funny. He walked by twice and literally brushed the table off as he was walking by - did not stop - it was completely rude. I think this place is better than this but we won't be backSpecial Features:
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/14/2013Love Blue Inc! The food is amazing, and the manager is very friendly and made our night even more wonderful!Special Features:
- Refreshing lunch menu in anOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2013Refreshing lunch menu in an area known for otherwise monotonous choices. Love the milkshakes. Nice choice for business lunch.
- Good dinner, Great dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013We enjoyed the Artichoke Bisque, Mixed Green Salad, and the Red Hot and Blue Burger. All were very nice. The highlight of the evening was the Rootbeer Milkshake, the Flourless Chocolate Cake and the Apple Crisp. I should have skipped dinner and jumped right to the desert menu.Special Features:
- Go to Blue, Inc.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/20/2013Were seated by the door on a chilly night so things started off as a bummer, but warmed up quickly at Blue. Good beer and cocktail list, I had the fish tacos which were A1. The manager/owner was very hands on and attentive. Overall would recommend.
- I like this restaurant butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013I like this restaurant but it is a little overpriced for what you actually get...although the signature drinks and fun and delicious!
- BlandgreatbrunchDined on 2/14/2013Food quality did not match the price point. Lobster Bisque was bland and my steak was over seasoned. It had a nice romantic ambiance and we liked the size of the restaurant but if you just looking for a meal walk across the street to the Littlest Bar and you will get a steak of equal quality for a quarter the price.Special Features:
- My girlfriend and I went toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013My girlfriend and I went to Blue, Inc for Valentines Day this year and it was fantastic. Probably one of the best dining experiences I have had in Boston to date. The food was incredible, staff was kind and attentive and ambiance was great. I would recommend Blue, Inc. to anyone looking for a great meal. Price was reasonable as well.Special Features:
- Our meal was mistakenly deliveredOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2013Our meal was mistakenly delivered to the table directly next to ours. One plate was immediately returned (it was not what the person ordered) and the other plate was left on the table. The waiter returned to their table two minutes later and removed the remaining plate from the table stating it wasn't their order and returned to the kitchen. Two minutes later, our meal was "ready" having been re-plated and re-heated. For the embarrasement, the table next to us was offered two complimentary glasses of champagne, all we got were two very tough steaks that weren't worth 1/4 the price we paid. Mistakes are always made, but own up to them and handle the situation properly. Unfortunately this wasn't the case.
- The food was pretty decent,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013The food was pretty decent, but for the price I felt like it was not as good as it should be. There were not many WOW moments, but things were cooked well.
- New favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2013Blue Inc is amazing. It is everything you want in a restaurant and more. The food is so unique and delicious, the waitstaff and Manager are very friendly, and did I mention the food was delicious? They also have a great craft beer list. So glad we found this place. We have already gone back twice! Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- Top ShelfRecwolfDined on 2/1/2013Ambiance galore. What a neat place - the use of limited space is outstanding and the menu is inventive. Tucked away within the financial district, this is a gem.Special Features:
- Don't miss this gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/1/2013We've visited many times; each time as good as the previous. The wine list has evolved, the beers are unique, and the cocktails are unprecedented. Appetizers are tasty and adequately portioned. We don't order entrees every time, but they, too, are wonderful. Try the duck; it's been on Jason's menus as long as we have followed him! Our kids order it every time we bring them. Service is always exceptional.Special Features:
- Another great meal, cookedMadamLibrarianDined on 1/18/2013Another great meal, cooked to perfection. (I had the duck special and my husband had the filet) Service was fantastic. Spent the weekend in Boston celebrating my husband's birthday on one of the coldest nights in January.Special Features:
- Good food and service. InterestingRegulardinerVIPDined on 1/14/2013Good food and service. Interesting menu. Have only come at lunch time. Looks like it would be fun at night for a drink. Service was attentive.Special Features:
- This was an excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013This was an excellent restaurant which we thoroughly enjoyed; outstanding food, great service and atmosphere. We will be back!Special Features:
- Lunch Service Not the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/10/2013I was rather disappointed with the lunch service. It took about 40 minutes of my hour lunch break for our food. The food itself was delicious - just wish the service was better. And oh yeah, be sure to order a side of fries with the burger- it is not included with the price of the burgers.
- I went to Blue Inc on NewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012I went to Blue Inc on New Years Ever with a group of 4. The food was incredible; all four of us loved each part of our 3 course meal! The only thing I was not thrilled about was our seats were situated between the bar and the door, so there was some cold air when new people came into the restaurant and the large crowd in the bar area made it a little noisy, but those were very minor details. The overall experience was a fantastic one and I would highly recommend this place!
- OK food terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/21/2012I went for lunch on a week day. We ordered the mushroom toast (yum) and fried pickle starters. The ranch dipping sauce wih the pcikles was excellent. The burger was the mushiest burger I've ever had. The pulled pork taco special had nice flavor but the meat was on the dry side. The fish tacos were good. I would give the place another try for food but given the service I am not sure I would go back. Super slow to take our order, food took forever to come out (was that the kitchen or the server's fault?) and the waiter rarely came back to check on us. My friend had to flag him down several times for drink refills and to get the check. If you are interested in good service or a quick workday lunch this is not the place.Special Features:
- Food was ok but the ambiancefoodie1025VIPDined on 12/8/2012Food was ok but the ambiance lacked anything special. The lighting was too bright. Overall I wouldnt recommend.