1320 Broadway Plaza
Tacoma, WA 98402Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hotelmuranotacoma.com/
- Phone: 2535914151
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 11:30am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:30am. Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Happy Hour: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 6:00pm (Bar only/walk-in only). Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Matt Stickle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from BITE Restaurant
Overlooking four floors of breathtaking art below, the menu at this Tacoma restaurant has a lot to live up to. Traditional fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner – prepared with an elegant twist, nails it. Whatever you do, save room for dessert.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BITE Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (7)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (5)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Had the black truffle MacOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/6/2012Had the black truffle Mac & Cheese, it was delicious!Special Features:
- Great place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2012Bite has always been a great, quiet place to have lunch. The specials change daily and are always a treat!Special Features:
- Love at first biteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2012Stopped in during restaurant week with 3 co-workers. We were all impressed by the quality and presentation of the food. Look forward to visiting again!Special Features:
- Enjoyed a full day of mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/10/2012Had several meals in this hotel restaurant during a conference stay. Enjoyed a breakfast, a lunch and dinner. The service was accommodating. The menu was interesting and each dish was well prepared and delicious.Special Features:
- Step it up!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/22/2012There aren't many great restaurants in Tacoma, so I was really looking forward to eating at Bite. Overall I'd say they need to step it up a bit. While everything was OK, food, service, etc. there is room for improvement in almost every area. Floor staff was friendly, but knowledge was lacking. My drink arrived without a garnish, and when I asked for a lemon twist, I got a piece of lemon peel. Food was mostly good, but both clams and fish were overcooked.Special Features:
- Took my best friend out forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2012Took my best friend out for a birthday breakfast. We enjoyed the food and found the service and ambiance very nice.Special Features:
- We had a large family grouptericatDined on 9/2/2012We had a large family group including two service dogs and they did a nice jcob taking care of us. The presentation of the food was lovely and the restaurant was quiet enough for us to be able to visit and actually hear each other without having to shout. The menu was nicely able to accomodate all the varied food needs of our diverse group with selections of meat, seafood, and vegetarian choices as well as appetizers portions that were generous enough to be a full entree.Special Features:
- For a hotel restaurant, BiteOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2012For a hotel restaurant, Bite was very good--interesting menu and great service.
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012The food was great and the service was fine, there is not much to choose from on the very limited menu. Also, it's just expensive for a place that you feel bought all of its furniture at ikea and it was about to break on you.
- Attentive staff. Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2012Attentive staff. Great food. Plan to go there again.Special Features:
- I loved their selection onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012I loved their selection on small plates. Staff were wonderful and attentive, Lisa was our waitress and she was great. Wonderful experience with my group of girls before we out for the night.Special Features:
- Bite at the Murano hotel,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2012Bite at the Murano hotel, trendy and beautifully decorated hotel, has the look and atmosphere you can find in Miami or NYC . although the night we went was very quiet .. but Tacoma is quiet , no ? I had linguini & scallops, creamy ( a little bit too creamy) and rich in flavors . My husband has a kobe burger that he didn't enjoy . The berry sorbet was good . The overall experience was good .Special Features:
- We were surprised by whatrickVIPDined on 7/12/2012We were surprised by what a cosmopolitan place the Murano Hotel is and were looking forward to lunch at Bite. While the space is nice and the service was decent, the food was very average, particularly given the somewhat high price. The charcuterie plate was quite good. The salads were average but certainly nothing to crow about.
- We were surprised with asOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2012We were surprised with as few customers in the restaurant how slow the service was. Food presentation was great. I did have to return my salmon to be cooked longer, so the chef gave me a new portion, and the waitress did give me a discount for the trouble. The menu was overpriced in some items.Special Features:
- We have been there a numberOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2012We have been there a number of times, food is always good. First time with OpenTable forgot to check in, they weren"t busy so were just seated.Special Features:
- Waiter was awesome. FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2012Waiter was awesome. Friendly while efficient at the same time.Special Features:
- love BITEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2012I love breakfast here and it's a great business meeting location. Thank you Fatima and team!Special Features:
- WE CELEBRATED GRANDDAUGHTER'SOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2012WE CELEBRATED GRANDDAUGHTER'S 17TH BIRTHDAY WITH A NICE DINNER AT THE BITE. EVERYTHING WAS FIRST-CLASS. FROM THE VALET TO THE DINNER. FIRST TIME FOR US AT THE BITE, BUT NOT THE LAST.Special Features:
- The food, as usual, was wonderful.RickDined on 5/19/2012The food, as usual, was wonderful. The service was a little slow, especially at the end, as we were rushing to make our show.Special Features:
- We had a selection of apetizersRickDined on 5/12/2012We had a selection of apetizers and vegetarian dishes, and they were all very creative and delicious.Special Features:
- From entering to leaving,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012From entering to leaving, this was one superb evening. A sense of genuine care for customers was evident throughout our time there. The food was made even more special with the personal attention to detail by staff. Magnificently done!Special Features:
- Amazing pancakes and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2012Had breakfast for a business lunch. Reasonable prices and the best pancakes I've had in a long time!Special Features:
- The food was decent, however,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012The food was decent, however, not what I expected for the price of the entrees. My salmon was a little overcooked, and the apple pear crisp lacked "crisp". The atmosphere and service were good, though not outstanding.
- food was great but on a slowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2012food was great but on a slow Wed. night it took us 1 1/2 hours to get our food.
- Worth the walk up the hillOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/20/2012if you are not staying at the hotel. A pleasant selection of lunch options - portions a bit too large for our tastes.
- It was just ok..OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/19/2012It was just ok. Everyone else in my party got their food WAY before me. They were out of white chocolate cheesecake. My dessert of choice. My fries were undercooked. And it is $14 for Mac n cheese. MAC AND CHEESE!! I had the prime rib French dip which was tasty but i didnt care for the bread it came on. It was covered in grease or butter so i had to constantly wipe my fingers off.I wasn't impressed and won't be returning. Unless they have an amazing happy hour which i doubt. I gave it 3 stars because the staff was very nice.Special Features:
- Another Fantastic find in TacomaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/18/2012Another Great find in Tacoma, Outstanding food, Sheik color scheme that gives of a elegant ambiance. Service id Top Notch.Special Features:
- PromisingJAG45VIPDined on 4/14/2012Bite is a nice venue in the upscale Hotel Murano in downtown Tacoma that I would like to see succeed. Based on our recent visit, however, there are several areas for improvement before I could give it four or five stars. There seems to be a disconnect between the pricing and the service setting. For example, we had the rib eye and flat iron steaks for dinner ($33 and $24 respectively) which were served on plastic table tops with place mats. We ordered one of the more expensive bottles on the wine list (a Page Syrah) yet the wine glasses provided were the small, heavy duty variety. Service was friendly but not quite seamless. Both steaks were ordered medium rare but one came from the kitchen cooked medium. Hope they continue to work on it!
- The smoked salmon on flatbreadRickDined on 4/14/2012The smoked salmon on flatbread and roast beet carpaccio were both delicious.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC! I had grilledOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/10/2012FANTASTIC! I had grilled Halibut and it was WOW! Very nice atmosphere and the food is great and well priced! The hotel is great too!Special Features:
- Won't be returningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012The reviews weren't THAT great online and now I know WHY. I decided to give BITE the benefit of my doubtfor a dinner date and the food left much to be desired. I ordered to the Spicy Prawns as a starter (the only good dish I had all night) and the Scallop Fet--- scallops over cooked and rubbery, noodles not cooked all the way through. My partner was not satisfied with her meal either. The wine I will say was superb. It was a cab though I forget the name. I would not suggest this restaurant to anyone. Food is below par and not worthy of the prices they beg.Special Features:
- Lacking on all fronts, threeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/30/2012Lacking on all fronts, three meals, one acceptable, one not and one barely passable.
- Wonderful atmosphere and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2012Wonderful atmosphere and excellent food! I will definitely be a returning customer!Special Features:
- Attentive service in an exquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2012Attentive service in an exquisite hotel. One feels like royalty and is treated to a fantasy of delights. The down town Tacoma vibe feels a bit drab but one is whisked away into another realm here. Great job.Special Features:
- Went for a family dinner outTahomaDined on 2/26/2012Went for a family dinner out on Sunday. Unlike a lot of posters who noted slow service (maybe on Valentines Day?) our server was very attentive and prompt. Food was good but nothing extraordinary; it's a nice hotel restaurant at heart. Kudos for bringing food out HOT on warm plates! Miss the views that the old Altezzo restaurant at the top of the Sheraton-now-Murano had.Special Features:
- The service was a bit flustered,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012The service was a bit flustered, but the food and ambiance more then made up for this. The artwork inside the resturant was a little lame, but the hotel itself was beautiful, and was a great place to eat a valentines dinner.Special Features:
- The food was great but theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2012The food was great but the wait staff seemed overwhelmed by the busy Valantine's day rush. Thirty minutes between courses and they couldn't keep track of which course was next. We would go again but maybe not when they are busy.
- Went with a group on ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2012Went with a group on Valentines Day. Food was good, service was SLOW. Took 30 minutes to get water and drinks. For 15 of those minutes, we were waiting for one person. One person in our party never received the soup she ordered and was charged for. The food itself was good. My steak was cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- The eating area is a bit crampedFoody4LifeDined on 2/14/2012The eating area is a bit cramped and the restaurant sits above the reception hall for the Murano Hotel, so it can be a bit noisy. I have to admit though, the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Didn't know it was there itsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2012Didn't know it was there its like we weren't in TacomaSpecial Features: