24 Highland Park Village
Dallas, TX 75205Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafepacificdallas.com/
- Phone: 2145261170
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, International
- Executive Chef: Bill Trevino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe Pacific is available for private events on Sunday evenings. During the week, semi-private dining is available for groups of up to twenty-six. Whether for business or a special occasion we will create a special menu to cater to your specific needs.
Please contact Mr. Thomas Regan, General Manager, or Mr. Vincent McGrath, Dining Room Manager.
- Private Party Contact: Thomas Regan 2145261170
A word from Cafe Pacific
An institution in Dallas dining for over 31 years, Cafe Pacific embodies sophistication while remaining decidedly unpretentious. Our friendly "neighborhood seafood restaurant" has garnered praise both locally and nationally for its casual elegance. You’ll dine in the warm glow of dark mahogany, rich marble, etched glass and polished brass. The walls are adorned with art from the owner's collection. Cafe Pacific is nestled in Highland Park Village, Dallas' premiere shopping locale, where pampering is the order of the day. From the complimentary valet parking to the outstanding service from our knowledgeable veteran staff, Cafe Pacific offers you sophistication without a hint of snobbery. Proper Dress Required (No T-Shirts, Shorts or Flip Flops.)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Pacific - Best Restaurants in Park Cities ›
Cafe Pacific reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (120)neighborhood gem (90)romantic (77)fit for foodies (63)great for lunch (53)notable wine list (44)great for brunch (41)good for groups (13)hot spot (11)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- SpoiledDined on 5/2/2014Consistently excellent food and service. Thoughtful and cheerful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vincent is the Best!HauteCuisineVIPDined on 4/27/2014Vincent runs Cafe Pacific as the best neighborhood fine-dining restaurant in Highland Park. He and his staff are always gracious and make the patrons feel special. The fresh seafood is the best. Good Champagne by the glass to compliment the fresh raw oysters is a pleasure. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent food, excellent service.SidTexasDined on 4/26/2014Clam chowder as good as legal seafoods in Boston. I ordered my salmon medium rare and it came out perfect. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great HPV restaurant!BrunchloverVIPDined on 4/18/2014It's hard to beat Cafe Pacific for fresh seafood, friendly ambiance and exceptional service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dallas favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2014Exceptional service and food as always. Every time we come to Dallas we have to eat here. Three onion sea bass is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing lunch!WilliamDined on 4/14/2014Our lunch at Café Pacific was a return visit. It is a "must do" for any trip to Dallas! They give you an outstanding experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvfinedining Cafe PacificluvfinediningDined on 4/11/2014First time at this restaurant -- wished we had "found it" earlier! Started with a drink at the bar. The bartenders were very attentive (one resembled a young Ray Bolger),drinks were superb! Our reservation was for 8:15PM and we were a little late getting seated but the manager was great in keeping us updated and was apologetic when he seated us about 8:25PM. Our waiter was very friendly and accomodating (my wife is gluten intolerant) and our food was excellent from appetizer to dessert. Best thing about this restaurant? It's one of the few places in Dallas I've been recently where I didn't feel over dressed in a tie and the dining room was quiet enough that you could have an intimate conversation and not feel like you had to yell!Special Features:
- Perfect date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2014We always forget about Café Pacific because it is not as close to where we live, but we will remember it now! Great food, awesome service and a wonderful night! The scallops were amazing...perfectly seared with the right amount of seasoning. My husband had the antelope chop, unique but delicious. We both had desserts because we knew they would be great, but neither of us had room to finish them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & Great ServicedoktorjonDined on 4/10/2014Café Pacific is a wonderful place to dine and take friends and out of town guests. The food is excellent and the wine list is good.
- Fab as always!Cbc2uDined on 4/10/2014Don't ever leave without having their pecan ball for dessert. Favorites are their salmon, sole, crab cakes and oriental chicken salad. Took a leap and tried their trout and now I can think of nothing else!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Dinner at Cafe PacificPeteDined on 4/7/2014Wonderful restaurant to host executive business clients and relatives. They met every expectation and we truly enjoyed our meal. My guest is a world traveler executive with critical tastes, especially for seafood and restaurant service. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent As always We makeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2014Excellent As always We make it a pont to dine here at least for three special occasions a yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious and sophiscated.TexasbelleVIPDined on 4/1/2014A longtime favorite with great food and atmosphere. Wonderful for special occasions. Friendly, warm, and capable staff. Feels like Paris in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay in Highland Park Village!DinerVIPDined on 3/31/2014This is such a wonderful spot, it would be a disaster to close and be pushed out for another store selling stuff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday lunchfoodappreciaterDined on 3/26/2014Service was perfect! The sole was to die for..Great choices, especially if you enjoy good seafood. Surprised us with a complimentary birthday dessert-ice cream with hot fudge sauce and crushed almonds... sinfully rich and delicious!!! Really a nice place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a relaxed ambienceLinusDined on 3/23/2014That title says it all. The restaurant looks and feels French. The food was very good (except the Caesar salad was a tad acidic for my taste and lacked anchovies). The sea bass, though, was terrific.Special Features:
- Always EnjoyableTorieDined on 3/18/2014I have lived in Dallas for a VERY long time. Just not consistently ... Cafe Pacific has always been consistent and dependable. The food is always cooked perfect and the staff professional weather it is lunch or dinner. We had a special occasion the other night and they would not let us not celebrate . They brought us a nice surprise . I would suggest to anyone who wants a nice relaxed but elegant dinner to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visitors to DallasGrazieVIPDined on 3/18/2014We loved the Cafe Pacific and it was a wonderful place to rest from shopping. The food was great and the room lovely.Special Features:
- a pleasant experienceMMMMVIPDined on 3/16/2014It is always a special treat to dine at Café Pacific. The waiters and manager are helpful, obliging, and considerate. The food is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great againJimAVIPDined on 3/14/2014Last Firday night was another great experience at CP. My favorite place. Jack Knox has put together a staff that is superb and the food is the best in Dallas. Try the Pepper Steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect restaurant experienceredsetgo38Dined on 3/13/2014This restaurant knows not only how to do the right things but actually does them every single time..they are consistent which is the hallmark of a truly fine restaurant.Special Features:
- AnniversaryDavidBDined on 3/11/2014There is no better place in Dallas to spend a special occasion than Cafe Pacific. Just spent 25th anniversary there and have probably spent 20 of the 25 there as well. A very classy place with outstanding menu!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my last two visits have notwallyVIPDined on 3/10/2014my last two visits have not been good.......on any level. The fish was overcooked (on two orders) and the lamb was aweful. I went back because a client of mine wanted to go.........and I am glad i did. The fish was cooked to perfection and the service was terrific. They are back in my top 10.Special Features:
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2014We celebrated my Mom's 70th birthday at Cafe Pacific. Everything was delicious and perfect! Thank you for a great evening!Special Features:
- We live out of town so whenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2014We live out of town so when we travel to Dallas we always plan our trip around dining at Café Pacific. We love this place! The food is wonderful and everyone is always extremely nice and welcoming!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok this timeMikeDined on 2/21/2014Have been there multiple times. very disappointing food this time. Service was good, fast and friendly. Restaurant is very pretty. Hostess was young and not very friendly. Three of our four fish dishes were overcooked. One was excellent. Brought friends from out of town. We were very disappointed in food.
- Dinner good service not so muchDeeRDined on 2/19/2014We went here for my husband's 60th birthday. While I forgot to make a note on the Open Table reservation that it was his birthday I mentioned it right away when we met the Maître D and he said he would tell our Waiter. We received the menus right & wine list & immediately our waiter asked what we wanted to drink. We received the drinks fairly quickly. Then we waited so long for the Waiter to come take our order I finally asked someone to please get our waiter! I wanted to order the stuffed lobster tail but I wanted to know about the 'orange and red rooster sauce'. I was concerned about how 'hot' it might be. He told me 'oh, mild'. Glad I told him to put it on the side as I would never have been able to eat my entrée!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid restaurant. It hadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/12/2014A solid restaurant. It had slipped a bit the last two years, but has come back nicely.Special Features:
- Our fresh seafood dishes were1939TexasGuyVIPDined on 2/8/2014Our fresh seafood dishes were excellent - Crab meat (lump chunks of meat) with avocado as an appetizer and grilled Red Snapper as an entree. Serving portions were very generous. We will return selecting other choices to sample additional seafood dishes with in the next three or four weeks. Was an elegant evening with an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic lunchWassonatorDined on 2/8/2014Cafe Pacific was a perfect choice for a Valentine's lunch date. We had not been in years and will definitely add it to our special spots. The food and service were just perfect, the atmosphere and decor well suited for a romantic date. It would equally be a great restaurant for important business meals as well. Try it, well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites! ThisTXdinerVIPDined on 2/3/2014One of our favorites! This is the second time I have celebrated my birthday with my husband at Cafe Pacific. The crab/avocado starter was perfect. We each enjoyed salmon, one simply grilled and the other the house smoked salmon. Finished the evening with a pecan ball…instead of birthday cake! Service was perfect. A wonderful evening. The lights in the trees in Highland Park Village add a festive touch. We definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What has been lostAllirDined on 1/31/2014When Jean Pierre left as maître d' some of the special character left with him. More importantly than that was the quality of food. The sweet potato fries were too well done not quite burnt. The quality bread has been replaced with a couple of rolls; Ther signature desert pecan ball that had been served in an almond tuile has been replaced by a tasteless wafer. The French fries served with the peppered steak arrived cold which were most accommodatingly reheated. Most disappointing the sole almandine was smothered in butter totally overwhelming the taste of the fish. Overall a poor experience. We have lost a gem
- Always a perfect dining experienceredsetgo38Dined on 1/29/2014I go to Cafe Pacific fairly often generally for a superior lunch.The service is flawless,attentive and intimate.The food is varied and elegantly served.For me it is a little bit of a New York city experience right here in the Dallas area.ALways ready to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in DallasRickVIPDined on 1/14/2014The oysters Rockefeller, the clam chowder, the short smoked salmon, the sole almondine, the steak, and the pecan ball dessert were all terrific! The service and ambiance are equal to the top restaurants in New York City. Vincent is a wonderful host, always happy to see you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceAndreasDined on 1/13/2014Enjoyed a very nice dinner at Cafe Pacific. Service was very attending and polite! Large menu selection and meal was excellent.Special Features:
- Never fails great dining experienceAnniversarycoupleDined on 1/11/2014We tend to go to Cafe Pacific for special occasions and it never fails to deliver an absolutely delicious meal with panache. The timing between courses is so well paced that it makes for a most enjoyable dining experience. The wait staff makes excellent recommendations and treats you like you're their only customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best. RestaurantFredDined on 1/10/2014Always the best. Restaurant reminds me of a small old NYC restaurant. Food is always great. Sea food as well as the pepper steak always great. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday Celebration.kackyDined on 1/5/2014Very attentive and helpful for ordering. Special Birthday desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- power lunch place... great seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/4/2014a time warp place….a beautiful traditional seafood and french continental brasserie…dress up for lunch place…great food..perfect service…great for dinner too.just beautiful.. my favorite dallas place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve DinnerSailor10Dined on 12/31/2013The service was excellent and the fixed price menue gave us a good variety to choose from for each of the 4 courses. Service was prompt and polite and the Wait service was helpful with the choices. Outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.