Crush - Solana Beach
437 S. Coast Highway Suite 112
Solana Beach, CA 92075Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Crush - Solana Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.solanabeachcrush.com/
- Phone: 8584812787x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Friday 11:30am- 2:00pm, 4:00pm-Close. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday 4:00-Close. Happy Hour 4:00pm-6:00pm everyday.
Now serving Sunday Brunch 10am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Lina
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Crush can customize a menu, or choose from one of our menu packages. Crush has appetizer packages, as well as full seated dinners either plated or family style.
- Entertainment: Live Music Wednesday-Saturday
- Special Events: Birthdays, anniversaries, holiday gatherings, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, total-buy outs and much more.
A word from Crush - Solana Beach
Our passion is to serve the best cuisine and provide the most exciting dining experience at our Solana Beach location. Every employee will make the commitment to achieve excellent through gracious, friendly and professional service. Crush takes pride in serving the highest quality of food in a unique and inviting atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Crush - Solana Beach - Best Restaurants in Solana Beach ›
Crush - Solana Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)great for outdoor dining (29)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (26)good for groups (23)special occasion (17)romantic (11)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (8)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Crush is a good to very goodTominCADined on 3/26/2012Crush is a good to very good dining experience. The food is attractively presented and very tasty. Our table selected penne pasta, chicken parmesan, eggplant Parmesan, and chicken picata and two salads -- beets and a gorgonzola. The wine list offers a lot of variety in selections and prices. The number of entrees offered on the menu is somewhat limited (maybe 12-14) choices but there were two specials. The service was prompt and attentive. The four of us agreed that we would come back.Special Features:
- Absolute first class restaurantBrianWDined on 3/20/2012Absolute first class restaurant with superb food and service of the highest standard. I will be dining there again very soon.Special Features:
- Exellent food at affordableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2012Exellent food at affordable prices. A bit on the noisy side but that is what we expected since it is the new hot spot in the area. All in all it was very good and we will definately add it to our list of good restaurants. Try the Mamas meatballs The sause is to die for.Special Features:
- The food was very good, however,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2012The food was very good, however, patio was very cold. Menu was very limited, not a lot of choices.
- Food was great and the serverDmfoodieDined on 3/10/2012Food was great and the server was wonderful. A delightful evening.Special Features:
- First time for my wife andRJJohnVIPDined on 2/28/2012First time for my wife and I. Service was top notch. My wife's gluten free diet was no problem. She tried the zucchini pasta alternative (although they had others as well) and absolutely loved it. Good food, good wine selection and great service. What else could one ask for?Special Features:
- Had a great time. Food veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2012Had a great time. Food very good, service good, ambience very good.Special Features:
- Mama Meatballs!!!!SDBcruiseVIPDined on 2/24/2012Wow...this was a great surprise! Not the "usual" San Diego italian....this was delicious and innovative. Loved the meatballs! Better than my italian grandmother's!!! Awesome decor and great service too. We'll absolutely make this a regular night out for great italian!!!Special Features:
- The meatball appetizer wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/23/2012The meatball appetizer was light and delicious. Bread outstanding. Salads had a pretty presentation. Chicken parmesan was tender and excellent with the angelhair pasta. Bread pudding was loved by all. We'll be back.Special Features:
- The service was terminallyTOOBAD2Dined on 2/19/2012The service was terminally slow. They tried to make up for it by offering a free appetizer "and" entree. When we got the bill they had only deducted the appetizer. The food was good but there are many good restaurants that have better service.Special Features:
- Simply averagephilsbVIPDined on 2/17/2012Mediocre, uninspired dishes at fine dining prices. They attempt to focus here and there with organic and sustainable, a good thing, but it's not consistent. Many of the dishes have the same sides rather than preparing each dish uniquely. They do have a small but decent wine list. Service was good, but needed to send a dish back for wrong sides and one dish came st the end of the meal.
- Food is good but slightlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2012Food is good but slightly expensive for lunch. Good wine list by the glass at $15.00 eachSpecial Features:
- Had dinner at Crush on a mellowCaitlinDined on 2/13/2012Had dinner at Crush on a mellow Monday night. Everything was good, but the food wasn't out-of-this-world fantastic. Their "popular" bolognese, ordered at the suggestion of my server, was pretty standard pasta with red meat sauce. The salad with Fuji apples was really fresh and delicious, and our server was very personable and meticulous. We also had a s'mores dessert thing that was pretty interesting. Their wine prices were a bit higher than I like to pay, especially compared to other area locations such as Third Corner and Firefly, so we opted for beer. I'd like to go back for lunch, happy hour, or their late-night happy hour to experience a different vibe. $65 for two courses + beer for two people? Sweet!Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/3/2012I had lunch with 4 people on a Friday at Crush. Arriving at 11:45, the restaurant was completely empty. I was surprised that it took quite a while for our waiter to arrive at the table and take/provide our drink orders. The menu is not very large, but here are several nice options. Everyone at our table seemed happy with their food, however, I didn't hear anyone "raving." My friend asked for an alternate to chips with her chicken sandwich and this seemed to throw off the waiter. Ultimately, the sandwich was served with a side salad. As the restaurant began to fill up, our waiter obviously had too many tables to attend to, so our service slowed to a snail's pace. The food was good, service was lacking.
- The food at Crush was simpleOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/31/2012The food at Crush was simple and ample and our server was very good. It was, however extremely noisy, we almost decided to leave before sitting down at the table. The tables are also placed very close together and you are just a likely to be having a conversation with someone at the table next to you, as you are talking to someone at your own table. Food was good though and i would go back.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, food deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/31/2012Great ambiance, food delicious and service incredible and quick.Special Features:
- Bella, Bellisimo and Bravo !!TheGuyDined on 1/28/2012Great night spot for diner and a little dancing ... sophisticated wine list and the food is FAB ITALIANO !!! The owner, John extremely friendly and knwos he is in the hopitality industry ... others could learn ... excellent design and decor !!!Special Features:
- JDBOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/24/2012I hosted a business dinner for a party of seven, two guests had gluten free food issues. From the minute we arrived at Crush, we were attended to with perfect service. The wait staff handled our group beautifully and from the pouring of our wine to the presentation of the food. The shared appetizers were wonderful (calamari, meatballs, and scampi), my favoorite was the meatballs - the salads were fresh and more than enough to be shared by the group (one ceasar and one chopped). Everyone raved about their entrees (steelhead salmon special, ribeye, chicken piccata, roasted chicken, and the bolognese all excellent). I had the ribeye charred medium and it was cooked perfectly. I say give this place a try. you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Our new favorite restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/2/2012Our new favorite restaurant. We absolutely love the food, the service is excellent and they have gluten-free items available.Special Features:
- Great dinning experience!dinningdelitesDined on 12/30/2011Great dinning experience! Food and service were excellent. Will reccommend!Special Features:
- There for a birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/26/2011There for a birthday celebration and I wrote a note to restaurant prior to arrival. There wasn't one mention of the birthday. The service was terrible. I had to have the manager track down my waiter, bring my food and bring my bill. I shouldn't have to search all around a restaurant in order to find my waiter, whom I assume expected a 20% tip. Guess since he decided I wasn't going to order a lot of alcohol, he would focus on other tables. Very disappointed and will never dine there again.Special Features:
- Staff were very friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2011Staff were very friendly and accommodating. I would highly recommend the restaurantSpecial Features:
- Very professional serviceRBIIIDined on 12/16/2011Very professional service and excelent food. Ambiance is good but the room is like an echo chamber....backround noise is a bit loud.Special Features:
- I love this place, but theSDFoodieVIPDined on 12/8/2011I love this place, but the music was SO loud all night long that I couldn't hear my friends. I love the food and the service but may not come back b/c the music just made conversation so hard. bummer b/c I really like the place.Special Features:
- George was a wonderful waiter,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2011George was a wonderful waiter, the food was excellent, we will be back!
- Go for drinks but not for dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/2/2011Food was average, lighting is horrible, and the noise level was very loud. Great place to meet friends for a drink and apps but not for dinner where you want to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Great addition to North CountyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/29/2011Limited menu but all items are very outstanding. We will put this restaurant on our regular return list.Special Features:
- Loved the bruschetta withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/28/2011Loved the bruschetta with the smoky grilled bread. It was apparent that the kitchen takes pride in the food presentation. All of the flavors were distinct while complimentary. Everything was fresh & well prepared. Will go again.Special Features:
- Great menu, great food. BeautifullSunnyDined on 11/28/2011Great menu, great food. Beautifully appointed inside and out, with large firepit table outside. Offer glueten-free pasta.Special Features:
- Now open four months on sitewinophileDined on 11/26/2011Now open four months on site of former Pacific Coast Grill. Wide open, exposed ceilings, a little noisy as the place fills. Good wine list, excellent service. Enjoyed the calamari appetizer, lightly breaded, with onion rings and zucchini. Shrimp special had unusual aftertaste, hard to determine the seasoning. Pork special had excellent flavor, rich sauce, tender pork, but was about one third fat. Will probably give it another shot in a month or two.
- Overall, my family enjoyedCabogalVIPDined on 11/23/2011Overall, my family enjoyed our dinner here. It took a long time for the server to realize she was serving our table, but once she figured it out, she was terrific. While it is advertised as an Italian restaurant, we didn't find it to be very authentic, as butter was used in most dishes instead of olive oil, which made the food extremely rich. We had the chicken piccata, linguini with clams and a Crushburger. The main courses were very well-prepared and tasty, and the servings were generous and attractively plated. but the vegetables are cooked with some kind of smoke that overpowers their natural flavors. They were beautiful and fresh, but not enjoyable. Too bad. We will go back again, but make some changes to the food preparation.Special Features:
- Great spot for work or dateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2011Great meal. Upscale casual stylish dining room perfect for our casual business dinner. Nice mix of diners. Service and food were excellent. Our party had both eggplant and chicken Parmesan, a pasta boullanaise dish, the prawns scampi appetizer, the meatball appetizer, the tuna appetizer, a beet salad. Manager came over and politely inquired our meal and offered. Two in our party have already made plans to come back with their wives.Special Features:
- Informal business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2011We were with a group of 5 ladies for a relaxed business dinner. Our waiter was very knowledgable and friendly without being too intrusive or interrupting our conversation. I ordered the chicken piccata and it had just the right amount of lemony tang that I love! The portions of the eggplant parmessan and the bolganase were generous and four of us took leftovers home. I thought the prices were a good value. As it was my first time dining at Crush...I was impressed with the design of the restaurant. It was a very quiet night when we were there and not many customers for a Wednesday night, but I would definitely try it on a week night or during Happy Hour.Special Features:
- Happy to have found it onOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2011Happy to have found it on a Monday night when many restaurants are closed. Well done menu. I bit on the heavy side - we were glad that we split our pasta.Special Features:
- The service and atmosphereFoodiemomVIPDined on 11/2/2011The service and atmosphere is nice. The menu is very limited and a bit on the heavy side (think Chicken Parmigiana). They have a nice selection of wines by the glass. Pricing is reasonable.
- Have a Crush on CrushOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2011Had an excellent dinner last week at Crush. This new restaurant to Solana Beach is a welcome addition. The food was superb in every way - taste, preparation, presentation, etc. They had several gluten-free options that pleased my dinner date. The wine list was fantastic and the waiter offered some other options not on the menu (we picked one of these - a great Zinfandel). The atmosphere is comfortable and the noise levels just about right. The band played some very nice dinner music at a reasonable volume. Lighting is perfect. One tiny criticism is the closeness of the tables - hard to feel very private. The noise level was reasonable enough to not be overheard. Will definitely come again and recommend to anyone. Nice jSpecial Features:
- Food and service were greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2011Food and service were great but live music in the bar overwhelmed conversation. We left early -- before dessert -- because of the noise.
- Very reasonable and good.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2011Very reasonable and good. If you want to catch the sporting event on the tube, it will be on the big screens in the bar. If you dont want that visual stimulus, there is plenty of room to move away from the bar / TV area.
- An attractive, well appointedvegasbillDined on 10/5/2011An attractive, well appointed dining room and bar with very good food and cordial service. We ordered Apple Matchstick and Burrata salads to start and the salmon and gluten free spaghetti bolognese as a main course. The food was served hot and was delicious. The bread basket was excellent. Wine by the glass was served in a carafe, nice touch. Two somewhat negative issues, the food was slow coming out of the kitchen on a moderately busy night and the parking is a challenge.Special Features:
- Food and service were great,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2011Food and service were great, music was awful. Very senior center meets cruise ship cheesy.