Crush - Solana Beach
437 S. Coast Highway Suite 112
Solana Beach, CA 92075Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Crush - Solana Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.solanabeachcrush.com/
- Phone: 8584812787x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Friday 11:30am- 2:00pm, 4:00pm-Close. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday 4:00-Close. Happy Hour 4:00pm-6:30pm everyday.
Now serving Sunday Brunch 10am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Lina
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Crush can customize a menu, or choose from one of our menu packages. Crush has appetizer packages, as well as full seated dinners either plated or family style.
- Entertainment: Live Music Wednesday-Saturday
- Special Events: Birthdays, anniversaries, holiday gatherings, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, total-buy outs and much more.
A word from Crush - Solana Beach
Our passion is to serve the best cuisine and provide the most exciting dining experience at our Solana Beach location. Every employee will make the commitment to achieve excellent through gracious, friendly and professional service. Crush takes pride in serving the highest quality of food in a unique and inviting atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Crush - Solana Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (24)great for outdoor dining (24)notable wine list (19)good for groups (19)special occasion (12)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)great for lunch (7)romantic (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Good food, nice atmosphereOutandaboutDined on 9/16/2013The restaurant had a good selection of typical Italian fare. For appetizers, we ordered Mama's meatballs appetizer and the caprese salad with burrata and pesto. Both were very good. Our entrees were the chicken parmiagiana, which was average, and the macaroni and cheese with Italian sausage, which was good, but a slightly small portion for an entree. The wine selection was a bit limited, but our waiter consulted with the bartender and they recommended a bottle that we enjoyed. The staff was very attentive, filling our water and clearing dishes quickly. Our waiter was very enthusiastic and pleasant. I would return for a meal here.Special Features:
- The choices for appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2013The choices for appetizers and entrees were great. The food was wonderful. There was only 1 dessert choice, and of our group, only 1 liked it.Special Features:
- Needs polish @ front of houseQCommVIPDined on 9/6/2013The youngsters cluster all patrons together, even though the restaurant is empty. The art of dispersion is not practiced here. Food is good here. Service is very good. The noise form the lounge area can detract from the dining experience.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2013We had a 10-person group to celebrate a birthday and the food was terrific, group needs were met, and overall, it was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crush delivers every time!Groupof20Dined on 8/17/2013We live around the corner from Crush so it has become my "go-to" when friends and family want to grab a bite to eat after a day at the beach or the pool. We have dined at Crush with groups of 20+ as well as small groups of 2-3 and they consistently deliver excellent service, delicious food, and a perfect overall experience. Try the beet salad- trust me, a-maz-ing...Special Features:
- Love this place!BlondyinCADined on 8/15/2013I want to first start off by saying I went there with 4 friends and it's very rare these days to find a restaurant that will offer to give you separate checks...made our life much easier. The bar and the restaurant both split checks for us! Love the ambience of this place, very cozy with a nice fire pit table outside that I would love to reserve for a larger group (I think it fit 12 comfortably). The food was amazing as well, everyone loved their dish. I personally had the short ribs and they were so very tender and flavorful. The mashed potatoes tasted like homemade and the corn sauce thing they put on the top was an added bonus. Very homecooking but in a very elegant modern way! I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy Crush!!dineout5outof7Dined on 8/9/2013We always enjoy an evening at Crush for dinner. They always make you feel welcome. The food, service and ambiance is very good and consistent. They also have good musical entertainment and dancing is allowed. I believe it's Thursday through Sunday. The wines are well priced and they have a full bar. Try the Mom's Meatballs..........you will have them again as with all of the entrees I have tried. The Budini dessert is to die for!! Enjoy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better for small groupsBalintinaDined on 8/5/2013Had 10 adults from out of town come in for dinner on a Monday evening. They were not staffed. Waited 15 minutes for water. Waiter was stressed. Food was good.Special Features:
- Best dining spot in Solana BeachGroupof20Dined on 8/4/2013I have been to crush with groups of 20, for intimate dinners of 2-4, and family dinners. It is my go-to spot! To say that Crush can "handle" large groups really does not do them justice. They excel at large groups! The waitstaff coordinated our group of 20, we were seated when we arrived, we all had drinks within a few moments, and our appetizers, dinners, and desserts were served to the group simultaneously- no one was waiting to start enjoying our delicious food for others to be served, the timing was perfect! The food is out of this world- short ribs, gluten free pasta creations, beet salads to name a few. The Chef is a consummate professional, the wait staff is hyper organized, and the ambiance is beautiful. Thank you Crush!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in my entree selectionKathyVIPDined on 7/29/2013I orderd the shrimp pesto linguine. The shrimp were not very fresh and the cut up squash was bitter.
- Perfect Dining!Lov2dineVIPDined on 7/27/2013We were pleasantly surprised to find this gem and expect to return soon. We've already spread the word to all our friends that Crush is incredibly delightful. Every bite of every dish was impressive! A must for folks with discriminating taste!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great food!!BellaDined on 7/26/2013Our server was prompt and pleasant. She has waited on us a few times and has always been on her game. I don't remember her name, sorry. She's the best. We bring our small dog and she always makes us feel welcome. If it helps she's blonde and very pretty. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation diningAlibethDined on 7/20/2013On vacation, and this was a treat to dine here. Enjoyed everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let me start by saying thatJenRoVIPDined on 7/17/2013Let me start by saying that had it not been for the service, I would have given 5 stars for overall experience. The food is always delicious. I feel that the service issues were atypical of all of my other dining experiences here. The server was rude and disinterested. two of us had empty drinks throughout the entire meal. I asked for bread (usually you don't even have to ask) and we never got it. We started out with the meatballs (holy cow- yum!!) and the Fuji apple matchstick salad. Both were excellent. All of our entrees were great too, but my favorite has always been the bolognese tagliatelle. It's my favorite, but seriously, everything I've ever tried has been excellent. If you want exceptional Italian food, go to Crush!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall DelightfulsandyVIPDined on 7/6/2013Attracted to Crush for the fresh, creative menu, we immediately liked the ambiance, and the good service. A young, vibrant singer with back-up instruments made the evening an occasion. The food leaned toward delicious, with a touch of spotty. Best bread ever, both dark, crusty slices and a wonderful cibatta. Delicious blended gazpacho was poured at the table over an artsy cucumber sculpture. An amazing chicken picatta was recommended by the waiter. But, ahi tartare was marinated in oil and perhaps tomato juice, leaving it slimy and just so, taste wise. The tiramisu was downright disappointing. Next day at Solano farmer's market we tasted one so good, we recommended they introduce themselves over at Crush. Overall, do it.Special Features:
- Great AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2013Loved this little wine bar tucked in the middle of other businesses and restaurants! Super live entertainment and great food and wine list. The owner came to our table, asked us how everything was....would definitely go back! Great martinis as well.Special Features:
- Great experience!Meb74Dined on 6/30/2013First time going to Crush and we thought it was great! The hostess and waitress couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. They were very accommodating to me (a vegetarian) and my picky kids. Food was delicious! Bruschetta was excellent as were the pasta dishes. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- ImpressiveReenDined on 6/28/2013First time at Crush and enjoyed oh very much . Eggplant parmigiana was great and the gazpacho soup was very refreshing. Can't wait to go again .Special Features:
- saturday night outeatalyDined on 6/22/2013had a delicious dinner but was sad to see the restaurant was not very busy. we thought the food and service was great and are thinking that the price point is the problem. We thought the prices were about 20% higher than comparable restaurants, both food and wine. We love the late night music but wish the wine list was a little more price accessible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing bruschetta!WillowVIPDined on 6/19/2013All the food was excellent, but I'll go back just for the bruschetta alone. The live music was appreciated too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really outstanding food andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/14/2013Really outstanding food and gracious service, particularly for San Diego. The owner takes great pride and care in the food preparation and presentation, paired with a thoughtful wine list with something at every price point. Everything is fresh and meticulously seasoned, which results in nuanced flavors that are a testament to the kitchen's confidence in their creations. No cheap filler or obvious resorts to salt or fat to enhance the taste. Just clean and crisp. Particular stand-outs are the ahi tartare stack, salmon en papillotte, and the house-made gnocci. Otherwise, the meatballs are genuine homemade italian house specialities. Highly recommend this often overlooked gem for a reasonably-price, high-quality fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were there the same nightyummDined on 6/12/2013We were there the same night as a singles mixer was taking place, so it was very noisy. In the past that has not been the case. It usually is calm and quiet, and that is one of the reasons we chose it. Just bad luck this time, but it was not a huge problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interacted with co-owner,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/30/2013Interacted with co-owner, Patrick Riley, and adored his attention and guidance our entire evening. Great food and wine.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gemmmm3Dined on 4/18/2013One of the best happy hours in the area. Delicious food, great service and wonderful ambiance. Crush never disappoints.Special Features:
- Went for my birthday dinner.ShannonDined on 4/15/2013Went for my birthday dinner. Good service, good food.Special Features:
- Love this place . I hope theOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/30/2013Love this place . I hope the food stays consistent.Special Features:
- Went on Groupon, would go back.....SurfinFanaticDined on 3/28/2013We went to Crush on a groupon. Yes we are grouponers sad to say. The good part is we get to try a lot of new places. My review is simple, would I come back and pay full price? Answer, yes. I can't come close to saying that for most of the places I've tried on groupon or other deals.Special Features:
- We had tried this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2013We had tried this restaurant shortly after it opened, and found the food to be so-so, at best. However, this time everything was delicious (though, admittedly, we tried only a couple menu items). One fun thing: they bring the bill in an old Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys book!
- Too smart for your own goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/16/2013The restaurants menu and specials are unique but pulling off the execution seems to be a challenge for the kitchen. The markup on wine is close to 40% which is to high. I do not believe that having zero representation on your wine list from California is a mistake. Our sever was fantastic but the restaurant was dead on a Saturday night. That's a bad sign, St Patricks day weekend or not. I would return but I felt your menu prices are to high. Jack them up during race season and try to keep from going belly up in the off season through a multitude of discounts and special nights and eventsSpecial Features:
- Everything was easy exceptCarmelrestaurantgoerDined on 3/15/2013Everything was easy except finding the place. The special Surf and Turf of which theree version was short ribs and diver scallops. I asked to have it over linguini instead of with broccoli and corn and they were happy to. Both the ribs and the scallops were perfectly prepared. Worth the price $44.00 which was the most expensive item on the menu.Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotPattiJo32VIPDined on 3/15/2013We've been to Crush a few times, but never for lunch. They have this great menu where you get to create your own salad by picking your ingredients. I did this and added chicken to it. The chicken was outstanding and the balsamic vinaigrette was one of the best I've ever tasted! Will absolutely return for lunch again!Special Features:
- This was for the most partOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/14/2013This was for the most part a very pleasant dining experience. The ambiance was good. All the dishes were well prepared and presented. Service was prompt and friendly. I had lots of questions that our server patiently answered. My dinner choice was the Chicken Picatta on mashed potatoes with spinach. Delicious! I was not familiar with too many of the wines on their list so went with the servers’ suggestion of the Du ut Des Toscana. Nice choice. My mother had the lamb shank and absolutely loved it. The only dish that I thought needed some work was the Apple Strudel. Not good! Hardly any apples and the pastry was burnt. On the other hand the Butterscotch "Bundino" elicited rave reviews all around.Special Features:
- Excellent service and food.ilylukaDined on 3/10/2013Excellent service and food. I had their special which was lamb shank. It was out of this world.Special Features:
- Lunch menu is limited. MakeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2013Lunch menu is limited. Make your own salad menu is unique and fun. Service was excellent.
- We loved the chicken piccataJANEDined on 2/26/2013We loved the chicken piccata and eggplant parmigiana. 1/2 price wines on Thursdays were appreciated. Parking is easy.Special Features:
- This was our third visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/25/2013This was our third visit to Crush and it never disappoints. Consistently delicious food and outstanding service. Our server was incredibly knowledgable about not only the food (down to the specific type of tomatoes used in the marinara) but also the impressive wine list. Highly recommend. And oh yes, the meatballs are not to be missed! Amazing!Special Features:
- 3 of the 4 diners orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/20133 of the 4 diners ordered the fish of the day. When it arrived, the restaurant had "run out" of the aforementioned type and substituted something else without first notifying the diners.Special Features:
- Great Valentine's Day DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2013Valentine's dinner : Friendly hostess; great, attentive waiter with great recommendations; Great wine list. Food was fantastic: unique selections that tasted great. My wife and I swapped entrees halfway through because they were both so good. The owner thanked us on the way out. Great for a romantic dinner, although it was a little loud. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Our experience was great.tralaVIPDined on 2/14/2013Our experience was great. We were seated at a large booth in the back that was very roomy for 2 people. Unfortunately the lighting was very dim and it was difficult to read the menu. Other tables do not seem to have this issue.Special Features:
- Very pleasantly surprised.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/31/2013Very pleasantly surprised. Great food - very well-prepared and tasty. Excellent house wine (both the sangiovese and the pinot grigio). Great bread. Delicious tuna tartare. Great desserts. Not the most cutting-edge menu in town, but great combination of attentive service, lively atmosphere and terrific food.Special Features: