Maloney & Porcelli
37 E. 50th St.
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Maloney & Porcelli
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maloneyandporcelli.com/
- Phone: 2127502233
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday Lunch: 11:45am to 3:30pm Dinner: 3:30pm to 11:00pm Dinner: 4:30pm to 11:30pm Dinner: 4:30pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: JAMES JERMYN
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: The time honored tradition of the beefsteak & wine feast has returned to the newly re-launched Maloney & Porcelli. Executive Chef James Jermyn have created a smorgasbord of house specialties & off the menu items that captures the celebratory spirit of a time gone by.
Saturday Evenings Beginning at 7pm
$85 Per Person (Exclusive of Tax and Gratuity)
We ask that the Whole Table Participates
A word from Maloney & Porcelli
Maloney & Porcelli is a clubby new American restaurant that draws inspiration from a simpler time when three martini lunches were alive and well, steak was for dinner, and servers anticipated guests’ every need, even completing dishes tableside. Begin meals at Maloney & Porcelli with a selection of shellfish, salads or favorites such as Baked Clams Orsini, Peekytoe Crabcake, or Steak Tartare that is finished tableside. For the main course, there is a choice of steaks and shanks, including the famed Crackling Pork Shank with Firecracker Applesauce, lobsters and composed options such as Chicken Under a Brick, Pan-Seared Atlantic Salmon, or Beef Shortrib Stroganoff. An array of inventive sides complete the meal, like Gruyere Soufflé, Fried Herb Tater Tots, Broccoli and Pimento Cheese. The desserts inspire nostalgia with a individual red velvet cake served, grasshopper pie for two, and a selection of house-made sorbets, sherbets and ice creams.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maloney & Porcelli reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (91)fit for foodies (72)good for groups (56)romantic (55)neighborhood gem (53)notable wine list (48)great for lunch (31)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (22)late-night find (13)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- I've eaten at Maloney & PorcelliDorisCDined on 7/24/2008I've eaten at Maloney & Porcelli before and have enjoyed it. This time, I feel they really cut the portions for Restaurant Week, it wasn't the same. Not sure if I'll return again during restaurant week.
- I imagine that the qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2008I imagine that the quality of dishes for the restaurant week lunch menu was not of as high a standard as the normal offering, though it was still enjoyable. Air conditioning was too chilly.
- My wife and I had a gift certificatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2008My wife and I had a gift certificate for Maloney & Porcelli's that we used while in NYC for our anniversary and her birthday. All my requests were met & they even brought us 2 glasses of champagne at 2 separate occations on the night to celebrate. Food was great, i had the fillet mignon and my wife had the halibut. Service was great! Ambiance was loud and not quite romantic, but the waiter sure made you feel like you were celebrating a special night. At the end of the evening, the waiter came up to our table and stated "Congratulations on your special evening, we have waived the drink order on your bill for the night." That was not expected but extremely appreciated. Our experience was an enjoyable one! Thanks M&P for a great night!Special Features:
- The service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/23/2008The service was excellent and the decor was impressive.Special Features:
- The salad dressing had noOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 7/23/2008The salad dressing had no zing and fresh pepper was never offered. I felt abandoned. By contrast, the next day I had lunch at Porter House where service was what one would expect and the salad dressing had a zing. The entrees at both restaurants were done nicely but at these prices there is no reason for settle for less than everything.
- I enjoied with my friend,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2008I enjoied with my friend, very much. I am going to go this restaurant for my friend's birthday next time.Special Features:
- great business lunch!!!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2008great business lunch!!!!!!!!!! everything was PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Bad service - we had to askOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2008Bad service - we had to ask them to bring our desert after waiting for a long time. Dessert at lunch should not be serves an hour and 20 min after being seated and long after the meal plates were cleared.
- This was a repeat voisit fromOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2008This was a repeat voisit from a group of middle-aged women--we are always delighted with the serviceSpecial Features:
- I found the atmosphere a bitAnthonyVIPDined on 7/21/2008I found the atmosphere a bit sterile. More attention was paid to regulars than we newcomers.
- My wife and I had an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2008My wife and I had an excellent dining experience here! The food and service was top notch! Next time we're in NYC, we will definitely come back!Special Features:
- BEST RIB EYE STEAK EVER EATEN.tftmomDined on 7/20/2008BEST RIB EYE STEAK EVER EATEN. WINE DINNER WAS SUPERB. SERVERS WERE WONDERFUL.Special Features:
- Great food. Great waiter.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/15/2008Great food. Great waiter. Made excellent recomendations.Special Features:
- Overall great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/12/2008Overall great experience. The food was very good, we enjoyed the porterhouse and would highly recommend it. The service was also excellent. I would go back again.Special Features:
- Great seafood, steaks andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2008Great seafood, steaks and service....friendly staff and an excellent wine list.Special Features:
- My husband & I had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/3/2008My husband & I had a wonderful dining experience at this restaurant. The waitress was very attentive and answered any questions that we had about the menu. She was pleasant with us and always made us feel we were her only customers. The food was prepared in a timely manner and we enjoyed a quiet dinner with few interruptions. We would love to visit this restaurant again when we return to New York!Special Features:
- The place is beautifully run.MarcLVIPDined on 6/28/2008The place is beautifully run. The staff is highly professional, yet charming and attentive. The bussers and servers are in jacket and tie!! The dishes are both hearty and elegant -- a rare combination.Special Features:
- Good fish, Pork Shank wasAlistairDined on 6/26/2008Good fish, Pork Shank was huge, steak very tender. Service brusque but quick and efficient.
- One of my favourite places:excellenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/25/2008One of my favourite places:excellent and very stable food quality. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- The seafood platter was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/25/2008The seafood platter was wonderful and everyone was soooo fresh Presentation was great, staff was attentive and friendly but non-intrusive Nice for group talkingSpecial Features:
- Great power lunch but suitableOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/24/2008Great power lunch but suitable for casual kibbitzing with great steaks and deftly cooked seafoodSpecial Features:
- Great food and wine. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2008Great food and wine. The prix fixe wine tasting dinner was terrific - especially for a large group. The wait staff were friendly and attentive. A very enjoyable experience...even if you're not interested in the enormous steaks!Special Features:
- All around a wonderful experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/14/2008All around a wonderful experience, from recognition from the maitre d' to excellent wait staff and food! Thanks to all!Special Features:
- A perfect midtown secret stashOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/12/2008A perfect midtown secret stash of steak and wine. Excellent service and fabulous wine list.Special Features:
- My steak was delicious butOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/11/2008My steak was delicious but overcooked. I asked for medium rare and it came out almost medium well - just barely pink. My colleague asked for medium and his was rare. So, some inconsistency in the cooking temps but my tuna and avocado tartare was amazing.Special Features:
- It cetainly was not a properlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2008It cetainly was not a properly served wine dinner. The wine service was very poor. We were asked if we wanted white or red. What kind of a question is that when the wine is to be served in pairings along with the food courses. The waiter was surprised tht we wanted white and both reds. Nothing like the old Cite, nothing like any wine dinners we have attended before. Much room for improvement.
- What an outstanding businessOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2008What an outstanding business lunch spot. My two clients and I had the Pork Shank, the tuna, and a rib steak. All were perfectly prepared. Service was not steakhouse rude, the staff was friendly, and very attentive -- without being overbearing. Nice young guys in matching jackets and ties taking care of the tables politely and efficiently, with a little personality thrown in, thats just as it should be. The portions are so large that, other than a simple salad, appetizers are not necessary. The house wine selections were very good and the bar drinks as large as the portions. I cant say a single negative comment about this place. I dont mind paying a premium for something special. This time, when that big check came, I was happy to pay it.Special Features:
- Great for business dinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/22/2008Great for business dinners or groups of friends. Service was helpful and always attentive but not overwhelming.Special Features:
- Very consistent. But bringOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/19/2008Very consistent. But bring back the hash browns! Those fried potato balls are just awfull.Special Features:
- Terrific!! We had the WineOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/18/2008Terrific!! We had the Wine Dinner, and it was outstanding!! The Reds left something to be desired, but the White wine and the Champagne were fantastic!! And my sister said that she's never had a steak cooked to such perfection before!! My starter was a New England Clam Chowder, and I really enjoyed it, while my sister had the Caesar Salad, although she found the taste of anchovies in the dressing to be a bit overpowering. We both had the Fillet Mignon for our main course and we shared the whipped potatoes and mushrooms for sides - the steaks were absolutely fabulous, and we couldn't finish them, they were so huge! For dessert I had berries, and my sister had the Creme Brule! Truly an unforgettable meal and the service was impeccable!Special Features:
- This was our second time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2008This was our second time dining at Maloney & Porcelli and it was excellent as usual. We were celebrating a birthday and the news of another grandchild on the way and both daughters thoroughly enjoyed this special treat for them.Special Features:
- nice please and good servicesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/15/2008nice please and good services but very cold inside! i will come back to them when I will return to NYC.Special Features:
- I'd have no difficulty recommendingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2008I'd have no difficulty recommending it to family, friends or others.Special Features:
- Food was average at best.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2008Food was average at best. Not a place to bring your family unless you all are wrestle mania fans.Special Features:
- Been there a few times inOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/13/2008Been there a few times in the last few weeks and it is excellent food, if a little too much. Service was excellent the other evening although we were a little disappointed with the table placement (we had booked 2 tables). Would be better if you could transfer the bar bill to the table too.Special Features:
- My 3rd visit there, and yetOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/7/2008My 3rd visit there, and yet to be "impressed" by the food. Service is amazing but the entree are simply average.Special Features:
- I took a client to MaloneytodwinVIPDined on 5/6/2008I took a client to Maloney & Porcelli and we had a very nice evening. The wine list was extensive. The menu is somewhat limited, but everything we ordered was prepared perfectly and was very good.Special Features:
- Had a terrible experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/27/2008Had a terrible experience. A woman at the next table became ill and was escorted out of the restaurant. Another vomited on the stairs, and my colleague and I both felt sick. I spoke with the manager, suggested that they might have an issue with food poisoning, and she dismissed it, offering only an ambulance to us if we felt sick. Overall an irresponsible reaction to what may have been a very serious problem.
- Service was great. We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2008Service was great. We were given plenty of time between courses to relax. The wine weekend was amazing and we were never left with an empty glass. The tables are a little close together and the servier from another table bumped into me many times, however, over all the dinner was amazing..Special Features:
- Amazing wine dinner - aanOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/25/2008Amazing wine dinner - aan outstanding value. Free flowing champagne and wine, attentive service and a truly delicious meal. Very attractive restaurant. Will definitely return.Special Features: