Maloney & Porcelli
37 E. 50th St.
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Maloney & Porcelli
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maloneyandporcelli.com/
- Phone: 2127502233
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday Lunch: 11:45am to 3:30pm Dinner: 3:30pm to 11:00pm Dinner: 4:30pm to 11:30pm Dinner: 4:30pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: JAMES JERMYN
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: The time honored tradition of the beefsteak & wine feast has returned to the newly re-launched Maloney & Porcelli. Executive Chef James Jermyn have created a smorgasbord of house specialties & off the menu items that captures the celebratory spirit of a time gone by.
Saturday Evenings Beginning at 7pm
$85 Per Person (Exclusive of Tax and Gratuity)
We ask that the Whole Table Participates
A word from Maloney & Porcelli
Maloney & Porcelli is a clubby new American restaurant that draws inspiration from a simpler time when three martini lunches were alive and well, steak was for dinner, and servers anticipated guests’ every need, even completing dishes tableside. Begin meals at Maloney & Porcelli with a selection of shellfish, salads or favorites such as Baked Clams Orsini, Peekytoe Crabcake, or Steak Tartare that is finished tableside. For the main course, there is a choice of steaks and shanks, including the famed Crackling Pork Shank with Firecracker Applesauce, lobsters and composed options such as Chicken Under a Brick, Pan-Seared Atlantic Salmon, or Beef Shortrib Stroganoff. An array of inventive sides complete the meal, like Gruyere Soufflé, Fried Herb Tater Tots, Broccoli and Pimento Cheese. The desserts inspire nostalgia with a individual red velvet cake served, grasshopper pie for two, and a selection of house-made sorbets, sherbets and ice creams.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maloney & Porcelli reviews from OpenTable diners
197 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)fit for foodies (74)good for groups (60)romantic (56)neighborhood gem (54)notable wine list (48)great for lunch (31)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (22)late-night find (13)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- the wine dinner great as alwaysstingrayVIPDined on 7/17/2014The wine dinner is every night now! We went on Thursday and it was great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!ctctDined on 7/11/2014What a rip-off!!! Had the 'Nightly Wine Dinner', it was not fresh & the portions are probably 1/2 of their regular a-la-carte portions. Lump crab cold starters was stale - color turned light yellow & hard. Rib eye steak was burnt & over-cooked w/no flavor. The branzino was horrible, it was like dead twice & flat & fishy. We nearly touched it. They shudn't offer 'special' if they can't deliver - it only drives away customers!!!Special Features:
- BubbaLouDined on 7/11/2014Had a wonderful dinner for our 22nd anniversary. Our FANTASTIC waiters Jennifer and Vinny were the best. They recommended the wine dinner which was AMAZING. Food was an A++++ and the service was Awesome!!!! If you go make sure someone at your table gets the pork shank as it was over the top GOOD. Thanks Jen and Vinny for making our dinner special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowTplunkDined on 7/11/2014Great find great food great wait staff. We will defiantly come again when we are in the city!! The steak was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014This place was highly recommended by a family member who is very picky. I just had to try it! We had a 9:30 reservation, well past the rush of dinner. The service was poor. Hard to imagine for such an expensive, upscale restaurant. My husband and I wanted to try the wine tasting, price fixed feature. We were told that because we were dining with our 2 teenage children that was not an option.(?) So dinner for 4 with a bottle of wine, $86, our grand total was $400.00! OUCH!Special Features:
- Business dinnerACE609VIPDined on 7/9/2014Entertained some clients this week for dinner at the restaurant. They seated us upstairs, it was very warm and we did not receive the proper attention by the server. Had to wait a while to take cocktail orders and the food was so so. Very disappointed and will not be returning there.
- Dinner before ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/9/2014Enjoyed our dinner. Staff was attentive. Loved the pretzel bread with mustard type dip, ate too much ;) Skip the mash and go for the fries. No room left for dessert.Special Features:
- Very disappointingSunshine525VIPDined on 7/8/2014It is not fun to pay $150 for drinks that taste like dishwater, poor service, and mediocre food. While the bacon and blue cheese grits were outstanding, and the button mushrooms are delightfully savory, the chicken was dry, and I've had much butter wedge salads and creamed spinach. For the price, the quality didn't measure up. As the grits were outstanding, I might be tempted to M&P try again for the steaks as long as I ended up with a better waitress. Ours started off strong and virtually disappeared after the first 5 minutes. Never bothered to check on how we liked our food, and we had to ask for our drinks repeatedly over about a 20+ minute period.Special Features:
- WonderfulGregDined on 7/7/2014Had our anniversary here and the staff are amazing. Not only did they all wish us Happy Anniversary, they gave us two glasses of Moet, which was very nice. The food is fantastic but honestly, some of the best service I've had. Excellent job.Special Features:
- Something for Everyone!RobbyVIPDined on 6/27/2014Delicious menu, beautifully served with surprising and successful,presentation.. Chicken under a brick - crispy and moist; scallops - seared beautifully; lamb shank - massive, tender and juicy. Wonderful al fresco dining experience.Special Features:
- The following 1223 reviews are from the Maloney & Porcelli reviews archive.
- WINE DINNER!MaryCoDined on 6/21/2014$79 wine dinner...amazing! Unlimited wine, appetizer, main course, AND desert, how can you go wrong?? Food is amazing, service is great, perfect for a small or large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, butClemieDined on 6/19/2014Everything was very good, but it was very expensive for what it is, a steak place. There are other steak houses that are just as good or better and less expensive.
- Great place close to Park Ave.JimboNiceDined on 6/19/2014Have eaten there any time I am in the City. If I keep coming back you know it is good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014great for a business dinner or social gathering. Food was great, seafood app is a must. Steak was good. I like my steak lighly seasoned, M&P uses lots of seasoning.Special Features:
- impeccabledawlolDined on 6/18/2014impeccable- oysters sparkled, steak is solid, and both the salmon on menu and the special tuna was cooked to perfection and accompanied on the plate by accenting sauteed vegetables that "bammed" with freshness.Special Features:
- Choose another steakhouse!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/17/2014The only thing we enjoyed was our server, even though he was covering too many tables his attitude and humor was appreciated. The restaurant was HOT... I mean our server had sweat dripping off his face! The men at our table were very uncomfortable. The steaks were not good and were not prepared correctly. Choose DelFriscos or Capitol Grill!
- AB4diningDined on 6/14/2014We always feel very much at home at Moloney and Porcelli. They have an excellent wine-list the Baolo Pio Cesare was GREAT!). They have one of the best steaks in town. We would consider our stay in NYC complete without dining there at least a couple of time a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maloney & PorcelliOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/14/2014We have been to Maloney and Porcelli several times and always have a fantastic time. The food is always incredible and the wait staff is always very attentive. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceStermerDined on 6/13/2014A trip to Maloney & Porcelli is a must everytime we're in New York. Our experience this weekend was no exception. Great steaks and drinks complemented by terrific service. You won't be disappointed if you dine at this restaurant. Our serving team, TT and John, were the best in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful PlaceDmimsDined on 6/13/2014A must for us when we are in NYC. Convenient to the Waldorf Astoria, this prime steakhouse has some incredible cuisine. From the start with the pretzel bread and house special butter to the the final dessert and everything in between. If you are looking for more than just great ambiance in NY (you really care about how your food taste), this is the place to be.Special Features:
- starfoodieVIPDined on 6/13/2014Way over priced for what you get. You can get better steak at many other places. Try the Palm Too.lSpecial Features:
- Always GreatSmittyDined on 6/12/2014M&P is a sure thing for great food. The wine list matches the food - great, and it's all delivered with fantastic service. The pork shank is something you will not find anywhere else and it has remained a superb choice for the past 20 yrs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistentSlowVIPDined on 6/12/2014Great place, never a bad meal, you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeanVIPDined on 6/11/2014Went for our anniversary and had the wine dinner. Food and service was excellent, as was the price. Had the cherries jubilee for desert which could have been for 8 instead of 2 and ended up passing it to a neighboring couple who enjoyed it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- power lunch spotWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 6/10/2014A perfect selection for a mid-town east business lunch. Large menu, excellent burgers, salads, cold seafood, etc. Clients will be impressed.Special Features:
- Great vibe but didn't like the foodKgh6Dined on 6/9/2014We went here post work to celebrate a birthday. I was disppointed in the food. It wasn't awful but not outstanding. Salmon was boring, mushrooms soggy and tasteless. The steaks were good, fries were excellent. Service was attentive. Desserts weren't so great either.
- A place for great steaks.ChrisADined on 6/8/2014I was in search of a good NYC steakhouse and found one here. The service was excellent and my steak was perfectly cooked. If you are interested in a good steakhouse, come check it out.Special Features:
- Good! Fully recommended.Great placeJcf2003Dined on 6/7/2014Very good and nice place. I went with my wife and have a great time. We reserved for a late night dinner ans every was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingiicamiiDined on 6/7/2014One of the finest dining experiences I've ever had. John, our server, was a pleasure and the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeardMDDined on 6/5/2014If your going to the restaurant for a business meeting the servers understand and treat you well, main dish was good. If your a foody you will be disappointed.
- Great steakBigDVIPDined on 6/5/2014House special Filet was amazing. Great sides and excellent wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Midtown Lunch SpotWallStreetVIPDined on 6/4/2014I'm a regular ar M&P, a solid , varied menu and good service. Highly recommend for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Food QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014I visit New York 2 to 3 times per year on business and pleasure and have never missed dining at Maloney & Porcelli on each visit for the past 20+ years. In my opinion, the quality of the food has deteriorated from what I considered an excellent steak house. Bone in rib eye is about half as thick as it used to be and the quality of the meat not as good as it used to be. Fries also not as good. Used to get a nice variety bread basket. Now it's just bagel sticks. Preparation and presentation as well as service still excellent. I think it's just the quality of the food that no longer sets M&P apart.
- uvm1962Dined on 5/28/2014Very enjoyable evening. My western foreign guests loved the generous steaks. Never disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid NY SteakhouseAndQVIPDined on 5/28/2014Great setting and food that does not disappoint. Great steak perfectly cooked and gigantic portions. Good wines by the glass as well as a full list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Night Out At a High End Hubluvu2Dined on 5/28/2014From the greeting at the door to the seating through the guiding through the menu to the friendly service and the visual attraction of the food and the portion size it all made for a most pleasurable dining experience. I look forward to doing it again when I am in New York.Special Features:
- Great steaksCharlieDined on 5/27/2014A bit noisy, but the food, ambience and service was excellent. Bring a big appetite. Classy and elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/23/2014The wine dinner special was a great deal! It was a nice perk to be able to choose anything from the menu, the service was good, wines were good (and free flowing!), and we certainly were not rushed. I would definitely recommend it for a fun and reasonably priced night out at a steakhouse!Special Features:
- Nice business lunch spot!LeenDined on 5/19/2014The food was great, I had the Cesar salad with lump crab meat. There were a lot of business people, so it made it an appropraite place for a lunch meeting. It's a little upscale and pricey too.Special Features:
- Wine DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/15/2014We went here for the wine dinner and it was a great value. As long as you are eating after 8pm, for $75 you get to pick any appetizer and main course from the main menu. The food was excellent and unlimited wine was even better.. We will be going back.Special Features: