Maloney & Porcelli
37 E. 50th St.
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Maloney & Porcelli
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maloneyandporcelli.com/
- Phone: 2127502233
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday Lunch: 11:45am to 3:30pm Dinner: 3:30pm to 11:00pm Dinner: 4:30pm to 11:30pm Dinner: 4:30pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: JAMES JERMYN
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: The time honored tradition of the beefsteak & wine feast has returned to the newly re-launched Maloney & Porcelli. Executive Chef James Jermyn have created a smorgasbord of house specialties & off the menu items that captures the celebratory spirit of a time gone by.
Saturday Evenings Beginning at 7pm
$85 Per Person (Exclusive of Tax and Gratuity)
We ask that the Whole Table Participates
A word from Maloney & Porcelli
Maloney & Porcelli is a clubby new American restaurant that draws inspiration from a simpler time when three martini lunches were alive and well, steak was for dinner, and servers anticipated guests’ every need, even completing dishes tableside. Begin meals at Maloney & Porcelli with a selection of shellfish, salads or favorites such as Baked Clams Orsini, Peekytoe Crabcake, or Steak Tartare that is finished tableside. For the main course, there is a choice of steaks and shanks, including the famed Crackling Pork Shank with Firecracker Applesauce, lobsters and composed options such as Chicken Under a Brick, Pan-Seared Atlantic Salmon, or Beef Shortrib Stroganoff. An array of inventive sides complete the meal, like Gruyere Soufflé, Fried Herb Tater Tots, Broccoli and Pimento Cheese. The desserts inspire nostalgia with a individual red velvet cake served, grasshopper pie for two, and a selection of house-made sorbets, sherbets and ice creams.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maloney & Porcelli reviews from OpenTable diners
211 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)fit for foodies (78)good for groups (65)romantic (58)notable wine list (56)neighborhood gem (48)great for lunch (35)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (22)late-night find (11)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Maloney & PorcelliOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/14/2014We have been to Maloney and Porcelli several times and always have a fantastic time. The food is always incredible and the wait staff is always very attentive. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceStermerDined on 6/13/2014A trip to Maloney & Porcelli is a must everytime we're in New York. Our experience this weekend was no exception. Great steaks and drinks complemented by terrific service. You won't be disappointed if you dine at this restaurant. Our serving team, TT and John, were the best in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful PlaceDmimsDined on 6/13/2014A must for us when we are in NYC. Convenient to the Waldorf Astoria, this prime steakhouse has some incredible cuisine. From the start with the pretzel bread and house special butter to the the final dessert and everything in between. If you are looking for more than just great ambiance in NY (you really care about how your food taste), this is the place to be.Special Features:
- starfoodieVIPDined on 6/13/2014Way over priced for what you get. You can get better steak at many other places. Try the Palm Too.lSpecial Features:
- Always GreatSmittyDined on 6/12/2014M&P is a sure thing for great food. The wine list matches the food - great, and it's all delivered with fantastic service. The pork shank is something you will not find anywhere else and it has remained a superb choice for the past 20 yrs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistentSlowVIPDined on 6/12/2014Great place, never a bad meal, you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeanVIPDined on 6/11/2014Went for our anniversary and had the wine dinner. Food and service was excellent, as was the price. Had the cherries jubilee for desert which could have been for 8 instead of 2 and ended up passing it to a neighboring couple who enjoyed it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- power lunch spotWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 6/10/2014A perfect selection for a mid-town east business lunch. Large menu, excellent burgers, salads, cold seafood, etc. Clients will be impressed.Special Features:
- Great vibe but didn't like the foodKgh6Dined on 6/9/2014We went here post work to celebrate a birthday. I was disppointed in the food. It wasn't awful but not outstanding. Salmon was boring, mushrooms soggy and tasteless. The steaks were good, fries were excellent. Service was attentive. Desserts weren't so great either.
- A place for great steaks.ChrisADined on 6/8/2014I was in search of a good NYC steakhouse and found one here. The service was excellent and my steak was perfectly cooked. If you are interested in a good steakhouse, come check it out.Special Features:
- Good! Fully recommended.Great placeJcf2003Dined on 6/7/2014Very good and nice place. I went with my wife and have a great time. We reserved for a late night dinner ans every was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingiicamiiDined on 6/7/2014One of the finest dining experiences I've ever had. John, our server, was a pleasure and the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeardMDDined on 6/5/2014If your going to the restaurant for a business meeting the servers understand and treat you well, main dish was good. If your a foody you will be disappointed.
- Great steakBigDVIPDined on 6/5/2014House special Filet was amazing. Great sides and excellent wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Midtown Lunch SpotWallStreetVIPDined on 6/4/2014I'm a regular ar M&P, a solid , varied menu and good service. Highly recommend for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Food QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014I visit New York 2 to 3 times per year on business and pleasure and have never missed dining at Maloney & Porcelli on each visit for the past 20+ years. In my opinion, the quality of the food has deteriorated from what I considered an excellent steak house. Bone in rib eye is about half as thick as it used to be and the quality of the meat not as good as it used to be. Fries also not as good. Used to get a nice variety bread basket. Now it's just bagel sticks. Preparation and presentation as well as service still excellent. I think it's just the quality of the food that no longer sets M&P apart.
- uvm1962Dined on 5/28/2014Very enjoyable evening. My western foreign guests loved the generous steaks. Never disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid NY SteakhouseAndQVIPDined on 5/28/2014Great setting and food that does not disappoint. Great steak perfectly cooked and gigantic portions. Good wines by the glass as well as a full list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Night Out At a High End Hubluvu2Dined on 5/28/2014From the greeting at the door to the seating through the guiding through the menu to the friendly service and the visual attraction of the food and the portion size it all made for a most pleasurable dining experience. I look forward to doing it again when I am in New York.Special Features:
- Great steaksCharlieDined on 5/27/2014A bit noisy, but the food, ambience and service was excellent. Bring a big appetite. Classy and elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1196 reviews are from the Maloney & Porcelli reviews archive.
- Wine dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/23/2014The wine dinner special was a great deal! It was a nice perk to be able to choose anything from the menu, the service was good, wines were good (and free flowing!), and we certainly were not rushed. I would definitely recommend it for a fun and reasonably priced night out at a steakhouse!Special Features:
- Nice business lunch spot!LeenDined on 5/19/2014The food was great, I had the Cesar salad with lump crab meat. There were a lot of business people, so it made it an appropraite place for a lunch meeting. It's a little upscale and pricey too.Special Features:
- Wine DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/15/2014We went here for the wine dinner and it was a great value. As long as you are eating after 8pm, for $75 you get to pick any appetizer and main course from the main menu. The food was excellent and unlimited wine was even better.. We will be going back.Special Features:
- Nice dinner placeBorntotravelVIPDined on 5/14/2014Went here after a business meeting. Great food and wine list. Reasonable prices and great service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DoshyDined on 5/13/2014GREAT - COULD DO WITH YOUR RESTAURANT IN LONDON !! DINNER WAS EXCELLENT ALONG WITH THE SERVICE. DID NOT ORDER THE PORK HOCK AS USUSAL, - SO HAD TO RETURN THE FOLLOWING LUNCHTIME !!Special Features:
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2014The food was great and had a fair amount of variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale but not pretentiousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Our show got out earlier than we expected so we arrived prior to our reservation time. The wait staff were very attentive and friendly, even after my domestic partner knocked his wine glass over. I'm from the Midwest; I ordered a steak to see what passes for beef on the East coast. I was very happy with the meal and will definitely go back next time we are in New York.
- Offbeat mother's dayDandKFoodiesDined on 5/11/2014We went for an early dinner for mother's day. My mom randomly said , "let's do steak". How can you say no? Appetizers were Seared diver scallops- delicious, perfectly cooked, very flavorful. Also had the wild ramp and morel pizza as an appetizer as an homage to my days in the plant biology department spent collecting these very items in the woods. Wonderful! We all tried different filet mignons and all were spot on although the Bronson Pinchot was the winner. Service was friendly and attentive. I've never seen a larger pepper grinder in my life- which must have been 4' tall (not kidding). In short: GO, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Classic high end steakhouseAloha808Dined on 5/8/2014Great service and incredibly huge servings. Be sure to fast for a day before coming or plan to share. The house applesauce and the pork shank was unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid restaurantaj2424Dined on 5/6/2014Good food and good service. Great for a business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice for business lunchFoodie45VIPDined on 5/6/2014Perfect noise level and ambience for business lunch. The Angry Shrimp Cobb was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine pairing dinnerfoodie29Dined on 5/5/2014$75 all you can drink wine and prosecco with your meal (app, entree, dessert)...the food was amazing but the service was even better. Our waiter, Caesar, was SO accommodating right from the minute we sat down. He gave us great recommendations off the menu, he was very patient, and not over-bearing. At the end of the meal, we paid with a gift card (i was treating my dad for his birthday) and when Caesar saw that the gift card had a birthday message on it, he immediately brought over the cutest little cake (on a pedestal) with a candle in it for my dad. I can't wait to go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- M&P . . . SHAME ON YOU!MarcVIPDined on 5/3/2014Having dined at M&P several times over the years I have always looked forward to their "Signature" dish, the Angry Lobster. Saturday night we drove into the city for the same, and the lobster did just that . . . it made me angry! I had more to eat with my lump crab appetizer than with my $50.00 main course. As a matter of fact, the only thing that was plentiful was the empty space on my huge platter. I told our waiter how disappointed I was as this was far from what I remembered, and told me I would have been better off ordering a 2 pounder and having it prepared "angry style" . . . after the fact, of course. If that was the case, why didn't he tell me that when I ordered it in the first place???
- A Little disappointedfoodtVIPDined on 5/2/2014Two of my friends were in town from California. I always talk about how Amazing Maloney and Porcelli's is and couldn't wait to have them enjoy a lovely dinner there. And of course, we did have a lovely dinner. However on a Friday at 8pm they were already out of two of the entrees that I had recommended and we wanted to order. The manager apologized and comped us a few extra free sides which was nice. The service was impeccable as usual and when we did find other food to order, the food was outstanding. I was a little annoyed with the lack of entrees we wanted but they consistently get everything else right. So I definitely will return. And also take the advice of the manager and call ahead to request a hold on special items.Special Features:
- EsserDined on 4/28/2014The pork shank is enormous and I have been to Oktoberfest and various other Munich institutions. It's also fantastic. Skip appetizers, order no sides, just the shank and some heavy red wine. Eat fast before your brain catches onto the (g)orgy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ADN1VIPDined on 4/27/2014The Fresh Grapefruit Martini's are to die for!! Try them with the Grapefruit infused salted rims!! For dinner do not miss the Pork Shank!!Special Features:
- Great for lunchopptbDined on 4/20/2014very nice food, excellent steaks try for a a wine from the extended wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outrageous!!!!!Kkzz3VIPDined on 4/20/2014Food, service, wine...all amazing!!!!! Would go again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Friendly service!AlyGDined on 4/19/2014We did the $79.00 you can drink wine special. It was AMAZING! The wine was great and you still had the option to select almost anything on the menu. All of the food was really tasty and the servers were really amazing.Special Features:
- great food and service at maloneysandyUKDined on 4/17/2014Had a great evening here with my wife. We're from the UK and this was our first restaurant visit in New York, it lived up to our expectations, the service,, food, wine and venue we brilliant. Would recommend 100%.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.