Arnold Palmer's Restaurant
78164 Avenue 52
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Arnold Palmer's Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arnoldpalmersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7607714653
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour in Arnie's Pub 4-6pm Daily
Dining Room and Patio Open Daily at 5:00pm
Live Entertainment Tuesday - Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Arnold Palmer's has private party space for groups of 20-200.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 7607714653x
- Entertainment: Various local artists perform nightly in Arnie's Pub.
A word from Arnold Palmer's Restaurant
Arnold Palmer's Restaurant features Progressive American cuisine, including fresh seafood, steaks, and some of Arnie's great comfort foods. This one-of-a-kind restaurant features an impressive wine room that houses 2,500 bottles of wine and an exclusive Chef’s Table for special events. A variety of live entertainment in the evening in Arnie’s Pub sets the atmosphere for guests to enjoy a unique dining experience. The extensive newly remodled patio offers stunning views of the Santa Rosa Mountains, a cozy outdoor fire pit for guests to gather and a putting green where visitors can work on their game. Be sure to check out Arnie's new outdoor sports lounge, with private bar, big screen TV's, and oversized patio furniture for your comfort.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Arnold Palmer's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in La Quinta ›
Arnold Palmer's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (15)great for outdoor dining (12)neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (7)notable wine list (6)fit for foodies (5)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- This is one of my favoritelovagreatsteakDined on 3/27/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in the Coachella Valley. The food was very good and the service excellant. The only thing that could have improved the evening would have been to meet Mr. Palmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect 44th Anniversary44thAnnivDined on 3/26/2014Arnold Palmer's was the perfect location for our 44th anniversary. Everyone from bar staff, to hostess to wait staff made the occasion mmemorable.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceDennyKVIPDined on 3/25/2014Excellent food and service in a unique setting. Always enjoy our dinning experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & AmbiencepbnelsonDined on 3/25/2014Portions large and delicious. Had Arnie's Meatloaf and a friend has the Prime Rib. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- able to talkmsmavenDined on 3/24/2014We were with visiting relatives and the restaurant was quiet enough for us to talk and enjoy ourselves. Food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was quiet,foodtodie4VIPDined on 3/24/2014The restaurant was quiet, service was excellent and the prime rib and rack of lamb cooked to perfection. I would recommend this restaurant for special occasions. I appreciated the server brought our split salad in separate plates. The quality and presentation of food was superb ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To their credit they didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/23/2014To their credit they didn't charge us for the one dinnerSpecial Features:
- very nice Sunday evening dinnerjwrocVIPDined on 3/23/2014we were in a very comfortable booth arrangement...most of the restaurant is regular tables...had reservation, they were ready for us...very good food and service at reasonable priceSpecial Features:
- Golfer's paradiseMrshDined on 3/22/2014To dine surrounded by memorabilia of one of golf's legends, enhances any evening experience. And, the food and service are outstanding. The bar scene is upbeat with live music and a good crowd. Arrive early before your reservation, which I highly recommend, and sit at the bar around the fireplace and enjoy the music and all the paintings and pictures of Arnold Palmer. There's a Leroy Neimann and the iconic green jacket framed in one of the dining rooms. If you want to dine outside, you need to call them directly in advance and let them know after you've made your reservation on Open Table. In two weeks, we ate here three times and always found something new and good to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceDesertsdinerDined on 3/21/2014We enjoyed expert service paired with top quality food. The atmosphere is very pleasant with outside dining. The staff is enthusiastic and engaging. We were 6 friends enjoying the competent wine list which enhanced our food choices that included scallops, meat loaf, and lamb. All diners complimented their meal choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A genuine disappointment, sadlyStormyoneDined on 3/20/2014From all the hype, and as much as I respect the great Arnold Palmer's golfing career I feel this restaurant is overrated. To view the great collection of his golf photos and memoirs is impossible,even if the dining area were not so dark. Our waiter and the service were good. Food gets a mixed review. Prime rib and the sole were fine; the lamb chops awful. They were ordered medium rare and came up medium to medium well--not even slightly pink. Even worse was the rest of a bunch of tasteless glop that could not be identified by anyone at our table. I don't mind in the least paying $38 for lamb but this dish--be ashamed. On this basis I cannot recommend The restaurant to others.
- Wonderful!MartyVIPDined on 3/18/2014We always have dinner here when visiting the area. We sat outside and it was wonderful. Food delicious and service good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think the outside area wouldcannotrecommendDined on 3/13/2014I think the outside area would have improved the ambience. We found the food to be OK. We found there are other restaurants in the area that provide better food and better ambience at the same or better cost.
- Golfer's ParadiseWheresdessertVIPDined on 3/12/2014The food was great, the service was amazing and my golfer husband loved all of the Arnie Palmer memorabilia. Great outdoor area off of the bar if you prefer to sit outside. The live music in the bar was great but ended at 9:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chilean sea bass was verySajamDined on 3/10/2014Chilean sea bass was very good as were the ribs. The Pork Chops (three people ordered) were very dry. order them medium rare if you go and they may come out medium. Good service but very loud.Special Features:
- Great for golfersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014If you are a fan of Arnold Palmer and golf memorabilia, then you will be interested in this restaurant. The food is nothing special especially considering the prices. The service was slow to begin with but improved over the evening.Special Features:
- Better than everEllieLVIPDined on 3/8/2014I have dined at Arnold Palmers restaurant many times. This was one of my best experiences. The food was incredible (sea bass). Best I ever had. Service was excellent. We refer to the restaurant as a "museum with great food.". it lived up to all expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service compunds poor steakUnhappydinerDined on 3/8/2014Not being informed that specials were available, my wife ordered a beef filet done medium rare, but charred on the outside. It was extremely dry.and tasteless, although it looked nice and pink. She sent it back, and when a new steak was presented, it also was dry and tasteless. When she asked to send this one back, the waiter indicated that although one should be able to char the steak without drying it out, the chef had argued with him that the reason for the first dry tasting steak was the charring. Why in the world the waiter did not warn us that the second steak would also likely come out dry is beyond me. So after having waited 15 minutes for the second steak, she declined a third attempt. Not even a complimentary desert was offered.
- Arnold Palmer's restaurantgchrisDined on 3/7/2014Arnold Palmer's restaurant in LaQuinta may be a long drive for many of my friends but well worth it. I had the pork chop and still can''t figure out how they cooked it so perfectly, medium rare, all the way through. It had to be 3" thick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fireside warmthfoodieDined on 3/6/2014My husband and I enjoyed a lovely meal here on our last night in Palm Desert. The ambience and service at this restaurant was lovely. We arrived early to have a drink and listen to the live music in the lounge area before per dinner . Staff were attentive and personable. We will return on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We made reservations at theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2014We made reservations at the last minute and got a great table outside. Our waiter was Pablo who was a knowledgeable and professional server. The dinner was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were a group of 8 and wereGoodFoodLoverVIPDined on 3/5/2014We were a group of 8 and were accommodated. Every meal was raved about and they varied from appies to beef stroganoff to sea bass. We had sat in the lounge for a drink waiting for our group to arrive and really enjoyed the 2 musicians - although they could have turned the columns down a couple of notches for the size of room.Special Features:
- Beautiful rooms filled withJaneDined on 3/5/2014Beautiful rooms filled with Arnies memorabilia. Great for special occasions or when you want a delicious meal with perfect service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but not exceptional.DavidDined on 3/5/2014Expensive but not exceptional. Service was great, food was not exceptional but pricey.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experience!frazier1Dined on 3/4/2014We sat outside and are we glad we did. So charming and romantic. I had the filet and it was done to perfection. My spouse had the lamb and said it was by far the best he had ever had. We visit the Palm Desert area every year and we will return to Arnie's place every time we are in town.Special Features:
- ImpressedHappy2dineDined on 3/4/2014This was my first time to the restaurant and I was impressed. The ambiance is fabulous. Loved the outdoor heaters. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the wines. Great to walk around and see all the memorabilia. My only complaint is...the servings are way to large and the food is too good to leave any on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureDeliciousDined on 2/28/2014We do not get to the area often, but when we are in Palm Springs we entertain at the restaurant and are never disappointed. We loved the food, atmosphere and service. Thank you for a pleasurable meal/experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drank Arnold Palmer wine andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2014Drank Arnold Palmer wine and enjoyed a great prime rib...one of the best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food and overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014Average food and overpriced. You would have to upgrade to make it in Chicago. People were very friendly and helpful but my steak was a disappointment. ArnoldPalmer was one of my hero's.
- Great Pork Chop!slfamilyVIPDined on 2/25/2014My husband had the pork chop at the recommendation of the waitress -- he claims it was the best pork chop he has ever had -- and he has had many! Sat inside, which was quieter than outside -- nice since it was "date night" for us. Our waitress knew the menu well and made good suggestions…I had the scallops, which were huge along with giant asparagus which were very tender. Homemade coconut cream pie is amazing. Also had a cocktail in the outside "pub" room -- which is tucked away and very few people know its there (I shouldn't even be telling anyone to keep it private) -- great service from the bartender!Special Features:
- Very crowded and quite loud.seattlefoodieDined on 2/22/2014Very crowded and quite loud. It really impacted our enjoyment of the evening. There is a lovely patio which was full- it would have been a much better place to eat than the inside dining area. Endless pictures of Arnold Palmer if you are a fan- otherwise...too much. Varied menu with high prices- the food was fine- not memorable.Special Features:
- Arnold did not disappoint us!ColesyDined on 2/19/2014We had a terrific dining experience at Arnold Palmer's Restaurant. The food, service and decor were just what we needed for a birthday celebration! Our waitress was very attentive and was on top of every request. We loved seeing all of the photos of Arnie and his green jacket. The food was excellent! Our friend ordered Arnie's meatloaf, another the chicken, and I had the sea bass. Great food, great cosmos, great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arnie's placeLuvtheterraceDined on 2/17/2014Warm sprawling restaurant chock-filled with photos and souvenirs of Arnold Palmer. Good menu, good food, a bit pricey. Nice staff. Should have booked earlier to get a table outside, but we had an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- A great experience!MlmsDined on 2/15/2014Enjoyed having the live entertainment in the bar area while we waited for our table. Interesting memorabilia on the walls. Our outside dining table was in a place where we couldn't hear other tables. Arnold Palmer was dining that evening-an added memory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is old fashioned and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014We got stuck in the same smaller room as we had the last time we visited...make sure you phone in your reservation and insist on outdoor sitting which looks very niceSpecial Features:
- Lovely Valentine's Day DiningELENADined on 2/14/2014Our group had a lovely Valentine's Day dinner at Arnold Palmer's, one of our favorite quiet restaurants. Two of us enjoyed the scallops served with risotto and asparagus spears - truly delicious and outstanding scallops! Another enjoyed lobster and filet mignon, another pot roast and the other lobster mac and cheese. Salads and french onion soup excellent. For dessert two of us had Arnold's favorite ice cream - three scoops of vanilla covered with fresh berries and chocolate liquor - delicious! One had the key lime pie which was - I am sad to report - the worst key lime pie ever. The filling was like a lime gelatin...The waitress took it off our bill. Overall, we enjoyed the food and evening and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Always a favoritecolohunterDined on 2/13/2014We come to the Palm Springs area every year and Arnold Palmer's is always on our list of restaurants to visit. They never disappoint. The food is great and the service is attentive and sincere. We have a few favorites restaurants that we hit every year and this year, Arnold's came out on top. Keep up the good work and we'll see you next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real TreatMarkDined on 2/13/2014My wife and I went to Arnold Palmers to celebrate my birthday. It was our first time there and hopefully will not be our last. The restaurant was very nice without being stuffy and pretentious. Our waitress Bianca was delightful and the food was off the chart. We eat out often - at our own club and at nicer restaurants at home - but don't remember the last time we enjoyed a meal like this. Our timing was slightly off since we missed Arnie by only an hour or two. Now that would have been a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected betterVal1942birDined on 2/13/2014Food was not hot when brought to table. Waiter seemed too busy to really pay much attention to our needs, although pleasant enough. Never got coffee that we requested.Special Features:
- The food was terrific, theLovetoeatDined on 2/12/2014The food was terrific, the ambiance wonderful and the chance encounter with Mr. Palmer himself was terrific and unforgettable! An all around memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.