La Fontana Coast
5000 Landis Avenue
Sea Isle City, NJ 08234Neighborhood:
Sea Isle City
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Fontana Coast
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lafontanacoast.com/
- Phone: 6094866088
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily for Dinner 4 pm to 10 pm; Friday and Saturday until 11 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Bujar Daku
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: 10 to 100 people
- Entertainment: Opera Nights. Call for information.
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner; Valentine's Day Dinner; Polar Bear Plunge Weekend. Reopen March 22, 2012.
A word from La Fontana Coast
La Fontana Coast brings fine dining to the shore. Beautifully located a block from the beach in Sea Isle City, New Jersey, La Fontana Coast brings a wonderfully breathtaking Mediterranean style ambiance to the Jersey shore, complete with an elegantly infectious Southern Italian seaside villa decor with an amazing view of the ocean. La Fontana Coast prepares deliciously authentic and classic Italian cuisine served with charm and smile, where guests can let their hair down, relax and take a vacation from their vacation. Bring your favorite bottle of wine and an appetite for classic fine Italian food and homemade desserts and get swept away al La Fontana Coast.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
La Fontana Coast - Best Restaurants in Sea Isle City ›
La Fontana Coast reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (76)great for outdoor dining (70)fit for foodies (55)good for groups (51)special occasion (35)romantic (20)hot spot (20)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great new restaurant for usOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2012Great new restaurant for us to visit when we visit our beach house! Sea Isle needed this restaurant.Special Features:
- Had a 7:30 reservation, butAmy86Dined on 3/3/2012Had a 7:30 reservation, but didn't eat dinner until 9:30. Noise level was deafening, could not conduct a conversation.
- We had a wonderful time andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/19/2012We had a wonderful time and some of the best sauces we have had in a long time. I couldn't wait to have the leftovers for lunch.Special Features:
- Noisy and pricey but good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/18/2012I had read the reviews that this is a noisy restaurant and can agree. It just seemed like everyone was speaking louder than normal conversational tone. My boyfriend and I went for his birthday and had a nice table by the window although I'm not sure why this restaurant claims to have nice views - we looked out on the 7Eleven across the road. The mussels were very good but the antipasto was disappointing at about $10 for 4 slices of salami, 4 pieces of mozzarella and some tomatoes, artichokes and olives. It turned out that our main courses had exactly the same sauce (marinara with capers and crabmeat). The food was good but definitely overpriced (especially the sea bass special at $31). The service was excellent, very attentive.
- Bye til 2012KandKVIPDined on 11/25/2011had our final dinner of 2011 at La Fontana tonight in Sea Isle. They are closing until the Spring - everything was great!Special Features:
- The Food was very good atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2011The Food was very good at La Fontana Coast. The tables are very close and it was very noisy.Special Features:
- Everything was great and ILuv2gooutDined on 10/1/2011Everything was great and I would highly recommend it...my only complaint is that they need to do something about the noise level..that will not deter me from returning...Special Features:
- The food was wonderful andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/1/2011The food was wonderful and we had very nice service. The restaurant is noisy and the tables are very tightly placed together so service personnel and patrons are always being bumped and service personnel are bumping into tables. We had to move our table backward to accommodate a large party and then again forward to accommodate another large party. We are glad the restaurant is busy and doing well we just wish we did not have to move our table so much.Special Features:
- Dinner reservations for 8DoyleGMDVIPDined on 9/17/2011Dinner reservations for 8 people, 4 of which had never had dinner here before. As always, new and old guests loved everything! Nick was our waiter (AGAIN Yeah!) and was wonderful. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening!Special Features:
- Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2011La Fontana is one of our favorite places to get great Italian food. You know no matter what you get it is going to be fresh and authentic. We have been to La Fontana della Citta, La Fontana de Mare and now the Coast. All have a similar feel to their restaurants but the menu is always consistent with the three locations.Special Features:
- Wonderful Southern ItalianRSVPVIPDined on 9/16/2011Wonderful Southern Italian offerings. Service was super, the food delicious. We will definitely be back and are looking forward to trying the Rittenhouse Square location.Special Features:
- Enjoyable food but..RedWineLoverVIPDined on 9/10/2011There is always a wait at this new BYOB in Sea Isle, and now I know why. Food was very good (we all ordered the specials) and the waiter was prompt and efficient. Be sure to eat INSIDE. The one MAJOR downside was the mosquitoes. Didnt see a mosquito at the beach all year and this place was swarming with them - to the point where half of our party inhaled their food and left. They really need to do something as it takes away from the entire experience.Special Features:
- Gravy or sauce was very blandOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2011Gravy or sauce was very bland almost like it was out of a can and then on theplate?
- Always has great food, servedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2011Always has great food, served hot.Everyone seems to be having a good time.Parking can be a problem but well worth the effort.Very pleasant staff.Special Features:
- Food and Service are veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011Food and Service are very good, although the noise level inside when the place is crowded makes conversation very difficult, and both times I've been there, it's been crowded. Need to consider some noise suppression measures during the winter.
- We found it very noisy,ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2011We found it very noisy,our meal was rushed as if they wanted us in and out. The best was the bread,appertizers and the Tiramisi.We were very disappointed in our meals,portions were large but not as good as other Italian restaurants we have been to.
- Always Good!KandKVIPDined on 8/29/2011Very is always good, as is service. You can count on a great dinner and when the restaurant is crowded (which it usually is) it's noisy.Special Features:
- Even though I did not getDoyleGMDVIPDined on 8/27/2011Even though I did not get to eat here because of HURRICANE IRENE! I am still giving it a great review because of my past dining experiences.
- This Restaurant is awesome,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2011This Restaurant is awesome, great food and good times!
- as usual the food and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2011as usual the food and the service was great. we had guest in from poland and they throughly enjoyed their meal. boshar and his staff do a fantastic job.
- The food was very good andantldistefDined on 8/17/2011The food was very good and the staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- So happy to finally have aJerseyDined on 8/16/2011So happy to finally have a great restaurant in this location. Food is amazing and the service has been great. Each time we have gone everyone had a great entree and the apps are amazing,Special Features:
- Good selection of ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2011Good selection of Italian dishes and specials. Service was poor and food took a very long time to be prepared.Special Features:
- I have been to your otherFlowerDined on 8/6/2011I have been to your other location on various times; food was much better. I had the same dish that I have had many times at La Fonta Del Mar; their's was much better. Also, if fire marshall came in you would get fined, I'm sure. Too many people on top of one another - VERY LOUD! Thankfully you had carpet on the floor, it would have been even worse if you had tile. Need to take out some tables!
- great againOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/6/20112nd time we have been here and it once again was excellent! Very fresh food all homemade and BYOB makes it perfect for the shore.Special Features:
- Newer place. Can tell theyjk23VIPDined on 8/1/2011Newer place. Can tell they are still working out kinks but staff was very attentive. Very noisy and busy inside so try to eat outside if you can even though view is of street, the chairs and al fresco dining is much nicer.Special Features:
- Great food, great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/23/2011Great food, great service. The only negative, we had 8:45 reservations and we were seated at 9:15. The owner was aware and sent us appetizers as we were seated.Special Features:
- Good service, the one waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/21/2011Good service, the one waitress was working the money angle too hard! Taking advantage of this old desperate dude, because he had big bucks! Unproffessional! It's not a strip club!
- Food was very good. NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2011Food was very good. Noise level was very high. We could barely carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- This restaurant was extremely2941VIPDined on 7/17/2011This restaurant was extremely loud and you could not talk to the person across the table from you. The service was extremely poor. The food was good but not worth loosing your hearing or bad service.
- Save your moneyPlannerDined on 7/17/2011Where do I begin? This was the first time we had to ask for our menu's. The noise level was painful, my wife had neck surgery which affected her vocal chords, she has to speak just a little above a whisper, I had to get close to hear her. I cook so I have an idia what most dishes should taste like, what we had was below standard for the price range. For an alla carte menu you should expect better service and better fair.
- Great food ! Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2011Great food ! Wonderful experience !! Will definately be back for additional visits.
- Food was only fair. I rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/15/2011Food was only fair. I remember the old location as having better.
- we enjoyed a very pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2011we enjoyed a very pleasant dinner at la fontana coast. thefood was great and so was the service. we had a very sweet waitress and the restof the staff was very friendly. please go and enjoy boshar's hospitality.Special Features:
- Was at LaFontana Coast inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2011Was at LaFontana Coast in June and loves the octopus appetizer. Went back in July and the octopus appetizer was half the size with two stips of onions. I was craving the octopus and was disappointed by the size and contents which were very different from the first time. Funny, how restaurants change at the shore from June to July.
- Really enjoyed the food andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/8/2011Really enjoyed the food and service but the noise level is ridiculously loud. The tables are very close together and there is not a waiting area therefore we were standing right next to tables that were eating dinner. It was awkward.Special Features:
- The service was a little onJohnVIPDined on 7/8/2011The service was a little on the slow side and the waiter was not attentive. The description of the establishment touted an ocean view. The only view I had was of a 7 Eleven across the street.Special Features:
- Have eaten at La Fontana dellaBeachgirlVIPDined on 7/6/2011Have eaten at La Fontana della ciita and La Fontana del Mar many times. Food at La Fontana Coast was just as delicious, The renovations done from the previous establishment were beautiful! Bujar and his wonderful staff took good care of us. We will return.Special Features:
- This place is beyond exceptional.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2011This place is beyond exceptional. The food is out of this world.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Food was great and it seemedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2011Food was great and it seemed like everyone working there was family. Met the chef and had some home made Lemoncello. Overall a good meal. Server was nice just too busy.