La Fontana Coast
5000 Landis Avenue
Sea Isle City, NJ 08234Neighborhood:
Sea Isle City
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Fontana Coast
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lafontanacoast.com/
- Phone: 6094866088
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily for Dinner 4 pm to 10 pm; Friday and Saturday until 11 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Bujar Daku
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: 10 to 100 people
- Entertainment: Opera Nights. Call for information.
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner; Valentine's Day Dinner; Polar Bear Plunge Weekend. Reopen March 22, 2012.
A word from La Fontana Coast
La Fontana Coast brings fine dining to the shore. Beautifully located a block from the beach in Sea Isle City, New Jersey, La Fontana Coast brings a wonderfully breathtaking Mediterranean style ambiance to the Jersey shore, complete with an elegantly infectious Southern Italian seaside villa decor with an amazing view of the ocean. La Fontana Coast prepares deliciously authentic and classic Italian cuisine served with charm and smile, where guests can let their hair down, relax and take a vacation from their vacation. Bring your favorite bottle of wine and an appetite for classic fine Italian food and homemade desserts and get swept away al La Fontana Coast.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
La Fontana Coast - Best Restaurants in Sea Isle City ›
La Fontana Coast reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (77)great for outdoor dining (70)fit for foodies (56)good for groups (51)special occasion (35)romantic (20)hot spot (20)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Food as really really great, BUTTIPPINGDined on 7/1/2014I have a real issue with servers adding the gratuity on to the check. First of all, its offensive. Extrememly. Yes I am offended. And in most cases, the server shoots themselves in the foot cause Im a good tipper and they wind up getting less of a tip. To me, the service is never as good because they know they are getting 20%. Happens every time and this was no different. The server was pleasant enough, however, messed up quite a few times (forgot my drink refill, brought the parm cheese we requested half way through the meal). I guess thats why he added gratuity, cause he wanted to make sure he got his 20%, 20 % he most certainly DID NOT deserve. The food was very very good, espec the Chicken Fran, best Ive had in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amateur Service- Rude ownerRoeblingfoodieVIPDined on 7/1/2014Very poor staff whtrained pat definitely trained by the nasty owner- customers are obviously not very important to them apparently. Long wait times for any service at all. Multiple requests were required for simple basics like water, bread, ice bucket... 45 minutes after ordering, we were informed one of the dishes were no longer available, then they forgot one of the other dishes completely! Owner came out to see if everything was ok, ten started refuting our claims that we had to had multiple times for the above items, and basically started yelling and arguing with us as we were trying to eat our meal. Would never go back or even consider subjecting somone else to this type of treatment.
- Another very good mealKevinOMalley1VIPDined on 6/28/2014I'm regular to LaFC, consistency is in the fabric of this restaurant. Food is always great, service the same and the staff very friendly. While vacationing in SIC, this is a must go too restaurant!Special Features:
- Everything we hoped forSpitdocVIPDined on 6/28/2014we had an enjoyable surprisingly good albeit pricey food our first night on vacation. They accommodated our request for outside dining and our waitress who was a Northeastern student was pleasant and efficient Esp since we had a 3 yr old and 11 week old . However announcing specials without the price is a major dining faux paux. We 'd return for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solidmac1VIPDined on 6/27/2014very good italian food at reasonable cost. great service . really cannot go wrongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has gone downhillSeaIslefoodieDined on 6/24/2014Was terrific at first, but this past dining experience was poor. Restaurant was empty and they put our party of 3 people in the back corner area right next to a table with 4 loud kids. Waitress was hard to be found. My sister and I wanted to split one of the pasta dishes and they told us as they delivered the plate, it would be a $9 charge for that! We were offended they ultimately did not charge us, but the $9 fee was ridiculous! Not planning on going back soon!Special Features:
- Food is very goodStanVIPDined on 6/21/2014Food is very good and atmosphere is very appealing .We enjoy very much going there and also that we can bring your own wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great ... nothing elsegem57Dined on 6/18/2014We dined at La Fontana for our anniversary. The food never fails to impress -- interesting, perfectly prepared. Unfortunately that's where it ends. The tables are on top of each other, so there is no such thing as a private conversation. The noise level also can get loud when there are large tables seated. The service is ok. The restaurant looks out on an abandoned-looking building, so you don't go here for the view. What you do go to La Fontane for is the FOOD, which is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeyDined on 6/17/2014My husband and I love this restaurant. The food is great and the servers are very friendly and pleasant. Can be noisy inside when crowded so we mainly enjoy the outside dining in the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2014Our reservation was waiting! Dinner and service were great! We will be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekJag3VIPDined on 6/6/2014We visited on a Friday evening of restaurant week. They were pretty busy but service was good. We both chose to order from the special menu and were pleased with our choices. The red sauce on the mussels was garlicky and was great for dipping with bread. The eggplant appetizer was also good. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/5/2014Have eaten here before, but reservations never met. Tonight, my reservations were honored and food was delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2014The food was great as was the wait staff. They have made substantial improvements in the noise level since they opened a couple of years ago. It is a little cramped in terms of the tables locations for inside dinning. It was restaurant week for we had the four course fixed price meal which had just the right portion size.
- loveitalianfoodDined on 6/2/2014Our dinner was wonderful...food was delicious and the service was great. The menu has a wide variety of offerings to choose from. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La FontanaPerchesDined on 6/1/2014A gem! Great place! I've been there several times in the past few weeks and the food has been consistently good. The owners walk around and make sure all the customers are happy and pitch in cleaning up tables. Love it!!Special Features:
- First time dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014Very nice server. Food quality was great. Staff was overly attentive. Felt a bit rushed. I will definitely go back again, but want to try it on a weeknight, not weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!LisaDined on 5/31/2014We enjoyed their restaurant week price fix special. It was wonderful! Even though it was very busy staff was pleasant and efficient. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great byobluvgoodfoodDined on 5/26/2014homemade pasta and their veal are just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as usualRedWineLoverVIPDined on 5/26/2014This is our Go-to BYOB in Sea Isle City. The fresh, house made mozzarella is outstanding. Whether its the risotto, the seafood pasta specials, or the house Veal Parm, we've never had a bad meal here. Only downside is there are so many tables, its difficult at times to have a conversation since its so loud.Special Features:
- EnjoyableMaryVIPDined on 5/25/2014Dinner was good. Our waiter was new and it should. I do suggest that you ask the price of the specials because they were notably more expensive then the items on the menu. We were a bit sticker shocked at the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 191 reviews are from the La Fontana Coast reviews archive.
- Wonderful MealKathmanduDined on 5/10/2014Great Northern Italian Food BYOB. Several in our party had a stuffed flounder special that was out of this world. The shrimp risotto was also very tasty. Highly recommend. We had an early reservation so noise level was not an issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!MariannVIPDined on 5/1/2014The food was fantastic as was the service. And the best part is it's a BYOB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and byobBubbly1VIPDined on 4/26/2014A little too noisy. Hard to converse with your own table. But food and service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food- adequate serviceaimlessDined on 4/12/2014great food- adequate service -very noisy! but would go again.................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014Everything was fresh. The portions were perfect size. We shared an appetizer of veggies, meat and cheese, highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience, foodbeachcultureDined on 4/5/2014Great dining experience, food was excellent. Like the BYOBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Weekend SICgwynneDined on 4/4/2014It was girls weekend in SIC . There was a very nice price fixed menu with many options. Food was great loved the antipasta salad the bread and the crab meat angelhair pasta was great and a very large portion. Can't wait to be able to sit outside and enjoy there awesome foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the CitykegenhofferDined on 3/29/2014Always a winner at La Fontana Coast, you can expect a lively crowd, great food and specials for this BYOB!Special Features:
- always great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/22/2014usually have a wait even with a reservation but the food is always worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went with special flat breadJohnDined on 3/8/2014Went with special flat bread topped with mozzarella arugula and more appetizer, and then the fabulous flounder francaise on angel hair with capers, cherry tomatoes, and crab meat. Truly delightful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentkegenDined on 2/15/2014Always Love La Fontana Coast for consistency and great Italian Food! BYOB is great too for you to bring your favorite bottle to your meal! I am a local and locals know the best places to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Great Dinner for Valentines Day. BYOB and great food. Tables were close together but the service was outstanding. Food came very quickly and tasted awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian food in Sea IslwBIGALfromPHILLYDined on 2/14/2014Great food and service. Veal and pasta dishes are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fabulous ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2014Food was fabulous Service likewise . We've eaten there several times and in Buja'rs other restaurants and the quality is consistently high . We would highly, highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great food!AnnieVIPDined on 12/28/2013We have been to La Fontana Coast in Sea Isle many times. Their food is always delicious and their service is excellent. Nice outside seating in the summer, too. Gets packed in the summer so be sure to make a reservation. Was pretty crowded the other night, too, even though it was the off season at the shore (Dec 28th). It seemed less loud this time, too, even though they were crowded. It looked like they put up sound dampening panels on the ceilings and walls which really seemed to help.
- Great SpotJerseygirlDined on 12/24/2013Great local restaurant. Food was wonderful. Service was great. Had a terrific time. My mother who has been to Italy said that the Gnooci was better here than any she had ever had.Special Features:
- Nice place for Christmas Eve DinnerbeachfamDined on 12/24/2013Not a lot was available to us for Christmas Eve at the shore, but we found that La Fontana Coast was open and just a short drive from our home (Stone Harbor). Food was very good, wait staff attentive. Appetizers were excellent, entrée portions were a bit large, but yummy. We were not aware that it was BYOB, but they offered us house wine, which was very nice. Would definitely go back, although I am sure in the summer, it must get very crowded!Special Features:
- Consistently excellentEaglesFanDined on 12/21/2013We always look forward to dining at La Fontana Coast as the food is always excellent, the service splendid and the total ambiance makes for a fun dining experience. La Fontana has made 5oth street the place to eat in Sea Isle.Special Features:
- Romantic Evening for TwoBella22Dined on 12/7/2013My boyfriend took me to La Fontana Coast for dinner. The food was absolutely delicious and the portions were generous! The ambience was beautiful and elegant as it was decorated for the holidays. The staff was top-notch and very friendly. We were given complimentary homemade Limoncello with our desserts which we enjoyed very much! La Fontana Coast was an excellent choice my boyfriend made for our romantic evening! We will definitely be coming back here to dine and also recommend this restaurant to our family and friends!!Special Features:
- Consistently Superb!njBeachYOGADined on 11/22/2013This BYOB has become our favorite restaurant in the Cape May/Atlantic County area. The only negative is that it will be closed in January. The staff is attentive and cheerful, food fresh and delicately flavored, the seats are far enough apart that you can hear each other speak and the complimenatary homemade Lemoncello is the icing on the meal. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.