Palm Court Grill at The Davenport Hotel
10 S Post Street, Suite B
Spokane, WA 99201Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Palm Court Grill at The Davenport Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thedavenporthotel.com/dining/palmcourt
- Phone: 5097896848
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 11:00am; Weekend a la Carte Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 6:00am - 12:00pm
A la Carte Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Saturday and Sunday 12noon to 2pm
Bar service daily from 11 am to close.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Bob Aldred
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is available in both the Palm Court and adjoining Peacock Room. Palm Court can accommodate up to 30 guests in a private room complete with a built in flat screen LCD TV monitor. The Peacock Room can accommodate up to 20 guests in a private setting complete with a fireplace and flat screen LCD TV monitor. Reservations required.
- Private Party Contact: Joe Owens 5097896824
- Cross Street: 1st Avenue
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet parking for all guests of the Palm Court Grill restaurant with a minimum purchase required of $10. (not applicable to overnight guests of the hotel). Additional parking options around the Davenport Hotel include metered street parking and a self-park garage accross the street.
A word from Palm Court Grill at The Davenport Hotel
The Palm Court Grill continues to serve the highest-quality food at a price that makes fine dining accessible to everyone. Its menu features choice cuts of USDA prime beef and freshly caught fish along with the region's finest wines and select ingredients that sample the bounty of the Northwest.The restaurant's private dining rooms have provided the graceful setting for wedding rehearsal dinners, birthdays, luncheons, and get-togethers for generations of guests. For smaller groups and people watchers, the tables in the historic lobby next to the hearth offer a mix of coziness and palatial grandeur. Meals for every appetite are served throughout the day. The Palm Court Grill also continues to uphold another estimable tradition: the Crab Louis salad, created and made famous nearly a century ago by Chef Edward Mathieu and loaded with tender Dungeness crab, is still served according to the original recipe — with, of course, a dash of contemporary spice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Palm Court Grill at The Davenport Hotel - Best Restaurants in Spokane ›
Palm Court Grill at The Davenport Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)romantic (16)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (11)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (7)good for groups (6)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Annual traditions...spovegasboyDined on 12/25/2013Going to this great historic hotel for any special occasion is a perfect choice. We have our family Christmas dinner here every year on the 25th. I want to thank all the great staff that take time from their families to work on this holiday. Do know that you provide a great memory every year. We appreciate you and value your dedication to service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great Christas experience.dpguyDined on 12/25/2013Food was great, but service was not. Very inattentive waiter. It wasn't even very busy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and service was great.choisiDined on 12/25/2013Dinner and service was great. We left our table to take a picture by the Christmas tree left our coats and purse and drinks. Came back to our table and our drinks were gone.. I did go to the hostess to let her know but she was not willing to replace our drinks. Very disappointing as we were not ready to end our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Brunchback2theDavDined on 12/25/2013We brought Mom to brunch for Christmas; she has been there over the years and for her it was about the memories too. We are very pleased how beautiful the lobby was decorated and the staff made us feel welcome from the moment we drove up to valet to the moment we drove away. Thank you for helping us recreate a memory with our mother!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodDOLEDined on 12/25/2013Second time I hate at the Davenport in less than a month. Lunch (had the turkey sandwich) was so so nothing outstanding and a salad. I would of ordered soup but it's the typical Tomato Basil. I booked us for breakfast Christmas morning had Eggs Benny the English muffin tough to cut through and the ham awful. My husband had the typical eggs and sausage in which they brought him bacon instead. So service ... need to open the bar early so we could of purchased a bloody mary. I would suggest the Chef to up his quality and change the menu. I've had better meals at the Chalet in Chewelah.Special Features:
- Our NightEvilDave888Dined on 12/24/2013Overall the experience was wonderful. We were not rushed and had a enjoyable dinner experience of good wine, great food, and a lovely dessert. Going to the Palm Court Grill during the holiday is a family tradition and gets our two adult children to spend time with the wife and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a special occasionSteveDined on 12/23/2013This was a special occasion dinner. If they took their service to the level of the pricing they food itself was quite good but our waiter was either overwhelmed or too busy to be attentive to our table. For the price we paid for a dinner for four it was pretty frustrating and disappointing.Special Features:
- DiningNjoyDined on 12/20/2013The Davenport Hotel is one of our favorite places to go for special celebrations. The Palm Court is the restaurant available there. Our lunch experience couldn't have been improved. It was wonderful. Our breakfast experience left us wanting a bit. We waited for over 30 min. while tables were being cleared when it was supposed to only take 15 min. Several other couples decided to go elseware. Decaf coffee was cold, the waiter was preoccupied, cream never showed up, raw sugar never came, many apologies. Perhaps behind the scenes problems (staff shortage?). Lunch, like I explained, was everything we expected a high end dinning experience to include.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Evening with FriendsDonaldDined on 12/19/2013We had a super evening from beginning to end with Spokane friends. Cannot recommend it more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Delight!BESTDined on 12/17/2013The Davenport at Christmas is a spectacular venue for dining and just enjoying the fine ambience of the hotel. I feel so fortunate to be able to dine in your expansive main lobby restaurant with best friends each and every holiday season. Thanks for ensuring such a lovely experience for my guest and me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, though slightlyLrsMksDined on 12/13/2013Very good, though slightly noisy. Good NW wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clam choweryachismomDined on 12/13/2013The clam chowder we had for lunch was the best I can remember ever having. It was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grand Holiday Experience!Spo324Dined on 12/13/2013Beautiful holiday setting for friends to enjoy a nice meal. Loved the crab Louis and others thought the prawns were wonderful. The orange sauce was a treat. Has become a tradition for us to celebrate the season at The Davenport Hotel Palm Court Grill.Special Features:
- lunch at Palm Court DavenportGeeSDined on 12/13/2013the server was Don - he needs a raise - he was fantastic It was very busy and we had excellent service and food the Chef needs a raise too !! My best friend and I went there for Christmas Lunch to see the Christmas Trees = Everything was fabulous Gee SutherlinSpecial Features:
- Food was disappointingFlyingpigletDined on 12/13/2013The Davenport is the diamond of Spokane and its restaurant should live up to this reputation. On 12/13/13 for my sister's 70th birthday we dined at the Palm Court. We each ordered the coconut shrimp lunch and we were served three medium shrimp (24 ct/p.lb size), a tablespoon of slaw, a tablespoon of rice and three small green beans for $15.50. The Davenport needs to bring back the lunch buffet that was served in the Peacock lounge for $9.95 and was wonderful food, ample selection and great price. Just a hint!Special Features:
- It was great to be able toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/10/2013It was great to be able to make a reservation. Last year my daughter and I missed out on lunch because we didn't have a reservation during the busy week of the Christmas Tree fund raiser/raffle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJamiDined on 12/6/2013Beautiful hotel. Excellent server. Good food. Only complaint would be the noise level. Difficult to hear each other during dinner due to a very loud group gathered next to our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Packed houseodeentDined on 12/5/2013Made reservations two weeks in advance and got a table next to the kitchen. Not what I expected - disappointed with that. Food was good. My wife liked her steak. My salmon was good; it was dry, but taste was excellent. This was during the holiday season and it was a packed house. I was hoping for seats within view of the main lobby where all the Christmas stuff is and that is why I made early reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service from ourLittleBummedDined on 12/4/2013Excellent service from our waiter. I took my family (spouse, adult child and older teen) expecting a nice somewhat quiet atmosphere and view of the inside of the hotel, but we were seated in the farthest table in the back near windows and a large group. It was so loud we couldn't hear ourselves, and a draft from the windows made it very cold. I would still recommend, but wouldn't sit in the back...I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchBevTDined on 12/4/2013We had hoped to sit in the lobby. This was the reason we chose the Davenport. We ended up sitting in the dining room. Might as well gone to Denny's. The server was. Requested salad instead of fries. When order came it had fries. He took it back and simply scraped the fries off so presentation was poor. Bread was soggy so had to eat my sandwich with a fork. Over all, very disappointing time. Was looking for special,and got everyday. Sorry.
- DisappointedREADNWEEPDined on 11/28/2013We went there for Thanksgiving. The Roast Turkey entree was terrible, a lump of turkey breast, vegetables, dressing and mashed potatoes covered with gravy that had the consistency of library paste. Our table service was excellent but it took 25 minutes to get a drink at a table in the bar that was not busy. We were just ignored by the three staff members stationed there..We checked in 15 minutes early for our reservation and indicated we would (still) be in the bar. Our reservation time came but no one came to seat us. We returned to the desk and went thru the check in process again while the three desk staffers glared at us.
- Planning mtg for eventKarenDined on 11/26/2013Six of us met for dinner at the Palm Court as we planned our company's Christmas Party. We all had the early bird special and it was wonderful. The valet parking was great as were all of the employees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful afternoongroovychickDined on 11/18/2013My friends and I were celebrating a birthday and had an amazing time at this restaurant! The service was outstanding, the food was delicious and all was very enjoyable. We are looking forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If not for after-work crowdNimimiDined on 11/7/2013The meal and service were outstanding! However, large groups of the noisy after-work crowd made the experience less than outstanding.Special Features:
- This dinner was a meet andPJ01Dined on 11/1/2013This dinner was a meet and greet for the company. The ambience was warm and the food was, as always, great. A wonderful first impression of Spokane.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodprwestDined on 10/27/2013Enjoyed the food and services, Gluten free menu as little limited but very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedlocaldinerDined on 10/26/2013The Davenport is supposed to be THE place to dine in Spokane. The hotel and dining area is beautiful so I think we paid the price for ambience. My partner said the prime rib "was mediocre at best." I had oven-baked prawns which were just good. Both dinners were lukewarm when brought to the table by a server who seemed frazzled. For the upper-end price we paid, we expected a much better dining experience. I suggest dinner at the Safari Room in the Davenport Tower, then walk across the street to the hotel and be impressed with the beautiful renovation and look at the historical pictures decorating the walls.Special Features:
- Birthday dream night.PauthosDined on 10/12/2013I took my wife to the Palm Court Grill at The Davenport for her birthday, and it was the most magical evening I could have wished for. The service was excellent, our server Katie was wonderful. The food was incredible, and timing was perfect. It was a very quiet and beautiful place with breathtaking interiors and architecture. On top of all that, they furnished a complementary long stem rose and desert for my wife's birthday. We are already planing to spend our anniversary at the Davenport and taking in all its amenities. If you want an evening to remember, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place to GoMonaDined on 9/17/2013We went for a birthday...ordered one starter, 2 plates of food, one dessert, and one drink....$97 bucks. Food was really great, small portions but enough. The staff was very fast, friendly, and efficent. Great place to go for the special occasions. I would not take my children there for dinner. Was quiet and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was WonderfulChelsHDined on 9/15/2013Everything we ordered was just wonderful! We wish their had been a fridge in our room so that left overs wouldn't have had to go to waste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Each of the four differentTJSOLFDined on 9/15/2013Each of the four different entrees were excellent in preparation and arrived in a timely manner by an attentive and concerned waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExpierenceSawmanDined on 9/3/2013We went to the Palm Court for our 2nd Anniversary. Once the server found out it was our anniversary and that we had dined there there for our 1st anniversary as well. She brought a long stemed rose for my wife and also put rose petals on our table for a more romantic expierence. We have dined at the Safari Room before and found that it was more of a bar ambience and that is not what we want. Our server made it special for us and we will dine there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Wedding Anniversary Setting29thWeddingAnniversaryDined on 8/16/2013Dinner was the best. Staff was thoroughly professional. Attentio to details was unmatched. Even downtown Spokane, shopping, the river walk, it is absolutely a fantastic setting. THANKS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Office GoodbyeLucyDined on 8/14/2013Had a going away breakfast for a colleague at Palm Court and had a wonderful time. The service was superb. Friendly staff, attention to detail and fast service. A great high end location for special occasions that feels comfortable and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serverJoeyVIPDined on 7/13/2013I wrote a comment card at the restaurant. Nathan was an outstanding accommodating server with a great, upbeat personality.Special Features:
- Wonderful Hotel. Food wasJohnDined on 7/4/2013Wonderful Hotel. Food was good, not outstanding. Preferred breakfast to dinner. Bartender did make a very good drink.
- Romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2013This restaurant was wonderful! I have read other reviews complaining of price, but I think it was someone not used to fine dining. Everything was reasonably priced and tasted incredible. The wine list is only moderate, but good variety to choose from. The service was good, the waitress a little young an inexperienced, but very helpful and friendly. I was able to make substitutions to my meal, and the chef made it scrumptious! We did not have dessert, but instead we each had a nice class of port, then took a walking "self-tour" of the hotel, in which we were staying. Not sure if this would be a destination restaurant without staying at the hotel, as I am not familiar with other Spokane restaurants, but definitely a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurant withTimBDined on 6/15/2013Very nice restaurant with immpeccable service. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2013The Palm Court Grill was top notch, but you wouldn't expect anything different considering the hotel it is in! I had the Alaskan Salmon with a raspberry champagne sauce and it was fabulous! The chef presents the dish well and it tastes even better. Service was excellent! Our waiter was very attentive, but without overdoing it. Next time we are in the Spokane area, we will definitely be dining here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While visiting the area andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2013While visiting the area and staying at the Davenport, my family and I had our first meal in Spokane at the Davenport's main restaurant, the Palm Court Grill, on a Friday evening. The restaurant was practically empty at 7pm. The food and service were OK but otherwise not memorable in the slightest and certainly not worth the prices -- that is to say, exactly what one would expect from a hotel restaurant. Other than the Davenport's Sunday brunch (seemed popular, good food, so-so service), we chose to eat elsewhere for our other meals before leaving for our next destination mid-day Monday. We probably would not have eaten at the Palm Court Grill or at the Sunday brunch if our hotel package had not included a substantial dining credit.