344 West 52nd Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bamboo52nyc.com/
- Phone: 2123152777
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Monday - Sunday: 4:00 pm - 2:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: John Greco III
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full menu online on our web site. www.bamboo52nyc.com
- Entertainment: Live DJ Tuesday through Saturday.
Bar open till 4AM
- Special Events: Sushi Saki Tastin menu on Mondays. Pre Theater dinner on Saturdays.
Happy hour from opening till 9pm and Sunday ALL DAY LONG
A word from Bamboo 52
Bamboo52 Sushi Bar and Lounge has the longest Happy Hour in Hell's Kitchen. Fresh Sushi, Sashimi and Maki rolls are served from 11 am till 2 AM during the week and 4pm till 2 AM Saturday and Sunday. Come relax and "Just Escape" in our garden or dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bamboo 52 reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (9)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (5)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- It wasn't the best sushi I'veJessieVIPDined on 11/10/2012It wasn't the best sushi I've had, but well priced and not too far from Times Square and the Theater District. Solid edamame and miso soup.
- The sushi rolls are good (OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/4/2012The sushi rolls are good ( a lot of substances with thin rice wrap)! However, it took long time for the food to come even there were not that many customers when we were there. Hope they can improve the service next time.Special Features:
- Food and service were great,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012Food and service were great, but it was very quiet on a Sat eve before the shows.
- Primarily a sushi restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2012Primarily a sushi restaurant. Best to order the rolls. Some of the main dishes are more appetizer portions.Special Features:
- Great sushi rolls, fast service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/25/2012Great sushi rolls, fast service, low noise level , so great for conversations!Special Features:
- We enjoyed the outdoor dining.HilNYCVIPDined on 9/22/2012We enjoyed the outdoor dining. Even when it started to drizzle we were safe under the big umbrellas. It was like a little nook all to ourselves since the restaurant was quite empty. The host came back to check on us and he was extremely friendly. The sushi was rather standard fare but it was a nice meal.Special Features:
- Stumbled in on ladies nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2012Stumbled in on ladies night - 2 for 1 signature cocktails, $5 prosecco. Great sushi...Special Features:
- Way overpriced for edible sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/11/2012The food here is basically edible, nothing special. Please have a reason to go here if you do. The ambiance is pretty good but nothing special, there are people in the neighborhood who really like it I'm sure but don't come here just to eat dinner, it's a horrible value. Service was terrible. There is a definitely a reason why they offer the 1000 points, and I fell for it.
- Great food. Horrible service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2012The food was great! We loved their selection of sushi and rolls. Unfortunately the service was horrible. We were ignored the entire time by our inattentive server. ALSO, when there was a discrepancy on our bill regarding a bottle of sake we had ordered, we were told that the price on our bill was correct, but they just haven't had time to update their menu. She was completely rude and completely ruined the whole experience for us. We will not be going back to Bamboo 52 and definitely do not recommend it.
- Great Happy HourTantiNYCVIPDined on 7/19/2012Bamboo 52 is my go-to place for an afterwork happy hour. The 2 for 1 drinks are amazing and the ambiance is perfect.Special Features:
- Loved this place, love everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2012Loved this place, love everything about it. one of the best spots by times square. great happy hour,which happens to be ALL DAY. Vlad, the manager, was extremely nice. my girlfriend and i had a flyer that was given to us and we decided to try it!! i am so glad we went!!! we definitely will be coming back again.Special Features:
- Very friendly staff. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2012Very friendly staff. The sushi was well executed and presented. We had a great time!Special Features:
- Don't miss your time.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2012Old fish served. Don't go! Bad japanese restaurant.
- The menu is quite limitedlesbrealDined on 5/26/2012The menu is quite limited unless you like sushi. The sushi was fair to good. Noisy, younger crowd.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2012The decoration is not outstanding and the place was a little bit noisy. But I have to say that the food was really good: The Hell’s Kitchen Chirashi Special Love Boat was delicious and the bagel roll was just incredibly tasty. Service was well time and friendly. I will definitely return to this place to try more of the special rolls.
- The sushi is always good,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2012The sushi is always good, service is friendly and efficient. It is in a great location by all the theatersSpecial Features:
- They didn't have half of theOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/4/2012They didn't have half of the menu available, not even basic vegetable rolls.Special Features:
- Fabulous service and deliciousEaggyDined on 5/1/2012Fabulous service and delicious sushi! Ottoman like seating and high tables are not for the height challenged or those with back issues!Special Features:
- Great restauarant with lots of enerLilyflowrzVIPDined on 4/7/2012I went to this restaurant with 8 other girls. We had the most amazing service. The sushi is really good, especially the Lovely Roll! Will definitely visit when I am in NYC again.Special Features:
- this is my third time to thekim2nycVIPDined on 4/4/2012this is my third time to the restaurant. nice happy hour, nice service. Food is not fulfilling enough, a little pricey but service is friendly and attentive. Good spot for a dozen drinks!Special Features:
- Good restaurant, althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2012Good restaurant, although the sushi is a bit over priced and it is very noisy here.
- I was looking for a lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2012I was looking for a lunch place in the dining program that was convenient between my morning and afternoon meetings. I saw the Create Your Own Rolls lunch special, which I thought was a good deal. The server was nice and polite, but he had very limited knowledge of sushi in general, the menu, and other listed specials. When he went to ask the sushi chef, the chef seemed annoyed and somewhat confused by his questions. Overall my food was good, but the tempura chicken in my second roll was dry.Special Features:
- Great Sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/20/2012The sushi is always tasty and fresh. Great drink specials for happySpecial Features:
- Happy Hour at Bamboo 52...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/15/2012Went here for points on account and Happy Hour, that is it!
- I've eaten at Bamboo 52 twiceJessBDined on 3/2/2012I've eaten at Bamboo 52 twice or 3 times now, every time the food has been great. Its VERY VERY loud and the music is club-like. Our servers were great every time we've been.Special Features:
- Excellent server but way tooOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2012Excellent server but way too loud and raucous for my taste.Special Features:
- Neighborhood sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2012The sushi boat was great for two, we ordered one additional roll which was plenty for 2 people. Overall a great neighborhood sushi restaurant.Special Features:
- The restaurant has a largeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/10/2012The restaurant has a large back room, perfect for accomodating large groups. The waiter was great working with our large group and kept the food and drinks coming. The food quality and beverages were good and the price was affordable. Will definitely use the restaurant again, especially when meeting a group of friends. Also, restaurant is close to Broadway, so a great meeting point before going to a show.Special Features:
- The place was pretty coolYummyVIPDined on 2/8/2012The place was pretty cool and I liked the vibe, but the food was not something I'd return for.Special Features:
- Just really average. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/6/2012Just really average. Food was marginal. Service was average at best. Cheap, but overpriced for what they serve.
- Nice outdoor dining. LivingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/3/2012Nice outdoor dining. Living room style dining area. you can be so relaxing by seating on the couch and watch TV. Great for groups as well. 6 or more ppl can share 3 couches and enjoying the food. Great restaurant!Special Features:
- I have been here many times.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2012I have been here many times. Very reliable food and service. Friendly service, reasonable prices.Special Features:
- I had a reservation for 7OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/27/2012I had a reservation for 7 people. But was given seating only for 6 people. Instead of the staff pulling over a second table--my party was forced to sit tightly together which was a little uncomfortable. I believe the hostess wanted to keep the nearby table free for a walk-in. Our waitress was attentive and our drinks were delicious. The music selection was great! However, my yellow tail and jalapeño was soggy. All in all, my friends and I had a good time.
- Teeny tiny sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/21/2012The food portions were ridiculously small. We order a sushi boat which was meant for 4-6 people for $39.99 but me an my bf weren't half full after eating that! Sushi and rolls were average but the portions of it just makes it poor. The rolls were tiny, the sashimi was thin and even the rice (for god sake!) was so small. Service was ok. Live DJ was cool. Definitely would not recommend.
- Avoid at all costs!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/17/2012TERRIBLE! The restaurant was out of 1/2 of the things we tried to order, the one thing we did order which wasnt on the menu they charged us 2x the regular price for, and when we asked the Manager about how they can charge so much the response was ("That's just what we feel like charging you for it"). We had a bill of approximately $175, and asked for him to reduce the items in question by $4, and he refused and said he was going to call the police. Stick to Nobu or Blue Ribbon, this place has poor food quality, and even worse HORRIBLE management.
- Yummy and delicious, rightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/14/2012Yummy and delicious, right in the heart of NYC. Will go to again!Special Features:
- Really loud place with a seriousMeatEaterVIPDined on 1/13/2012Really loud place with a serious "scene". The food is just OK and the service was pretty awful. I wouldn't go back since there are other places around with better sushi and where you can have a conversation.Special Features:
- It was a nice sushi place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/13/2012It was a nice sushi place. The tables were a bit small so my boyfriend and I were a bit crammed up eating our sushi boat. But the food is excellent if you love sushi, which I do.Special Features:
- They were great but YOU GUYSrnormfotoDined on 1/7/2012They were great but YOU GUYS cancelled our 30% reservation "offer" without explanation right before we arrived, rather embarasssing me with the group i was taking there. . They were nice enough to still honor it as they we equally puzzled. Sadly, open Table was never able to sufficiently answer the question as to WHY this occurred...Special Features:
- Food was wonderful, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/7/2012Food was wonderful, but the service was spotty - drinks (including water) were not refilled, one member of our party did not get her entree. Part of the problem may have been the combination of noise and language barrier; I'm not sure the waitress could always hear/understand what we were telling her, and vice versa! Nice decor, comfy seating.