Tap House Seattle
1506 Sixth Ave
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tap House Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.taphousegrill.com/
- Phone: 2068163314
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm. Dinner: Monday - Thursday. Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Fernando Buitron
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Located in the heart of the downtown Seattle, Tap House Grill is surrounded by the best hotels, shopping destinations, and tourist attractions. Let us make your next gathering a celebration to remember. The Tap House Grill is a full service event facility. Choose from one of our private event spaces or reserve the entire restaurant. We accommodate groups ranging from 15 to 680 guests and feature the region's largest selection of draft beers. Our progressive urban cuisine complements the complex flavors of the local, national, and imported beers we feature daily. Private Events: All that is required for private events is the selection of a menu and bar choice to satisfy the food and beverage minimum. There is no rental or hidden fees. We have many menu options from multiple buffet choices to a la carte plated menus, as well as our famous Brewer's Dinner where we pair each course with one of our 160 beers on tap!
- Private Party Contact: Lindsay Helling 2068163314
- Entertainment: Billiards are available at our Seattle location.
- Cross Street: Sixth and Pike
- Public Transit: Tap House Grill is located on Sixth Avenue between Pike & Pine Streets, a short walking distance from Seattle's Metro tunnel.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is available as well as private garage parking on Pike between Sixth and Seventh Avenue.
A word from Tap House Seattle
Tap House Grill offers the largest selection of draft beers in the Northwest with 160 Beers on tap. We serve daily lunch, dinner, happy hour, late night dining, full service catering, and banquet space for parties up to 680 guests. Our Seattle Tap House Grill restaurant is conveniently located in downtown Seattle with great access to all the shopping, attractions, and convention facilities the great city of Seattle has to offer. Tap House Grill Seattle also offers a billiards room with regulation size tables at hourly rates. Both of our Tap House Grill restaurant locations feature an extensive beer collection as well as Northwest influenced cuisine. Enjoy a leisurely meal and brew, or book a private event or catered banquet space to host your own unique event. We look forward to seeing you soon at the Seattle Tap House!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Tap House Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Tap House Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (16)great for lunch (12)late-night find (11)hot spot (9)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (5)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (2)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Service, good food, low priceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2012We were delayed because of road construction right outside the Tap House, I called to let them know and they held our table for us and made sure we had our food quickly since we needed to make show at the Paramount. Not a large menu for the food but a lot of unique dishes and the price was very reasonable. If you love beer this is a must stop.Special Features:
- It took 20 minutes to getOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012It took 20 minutes to get our dessert, so they comped it. The food is excellent!!!Special Features:
- We went for the beer and thankfullyopentablevipVIPDined on 3/9/2012We went for the beer and thankfully that was the highlight because the food is unremarkable. Be prepared for A LOT of noise and rowdiness.
- I loved everything about TapOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012I loved everything about Tap House! If you like beer, get the beer sampler. It was so much fun creating your own and getting to try 4 different kinds instead of just one. Also the food was so delicious!! I wish it lasted forever.Will be back very soon!
- Fish tacos my wife had wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/3/2012Fish tacos my wife had were quite good. Halibut I had was tasteless, heavily breaded and smothered in a bland white sauce. We were stuck in a side table in the back room next to a group of about twenty young people even though there appeared to be tables open in the main room. My wife isn't a big eater, so I ate one of her fish tacos and not most of my dinner. Service was good and I ended up getting comped for the halibut without asking. Next time will reserve earlier to get in at Purple Cafe or some other place with better food and ambiance.
- Beer--terrific, food--meh...DinerDined on 2/29/2012I was traveling on business with colleagues and we were looking for a good restaurant with great food and a wide choice of local brews. Tap House definitely had the beer selection. The food was very average though. Certainly wasn't offended however. I'd just rate it pretty average. With the choices in downtown Seattle, I'm not sure I'd return to this one unless I was seeking a casual evening.Special Features:
- Twice in one night!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2012Had a great dinner with my wife and we both liked it so much we went back for happy hour the same night. Highly recommend happy hour and the drinks are good. Only place I have seen 160 beers on tap.Special Features:
- Their name is the Taphouse,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012Their name is the Taphouse, and it is not a tap dancing bar, so you should already know what it is before you get there. 160 beers on tap. Nuff said. I can't ever remember being treated as nicely anywhere. This staff was friendly and helpful from the second we walked in. Even at 6pm on a Saturday. Food portions were bigger than expected, and prices were very good.Special Features:
- Taphouse Seattle was the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2012Taphouse Seattle was the first food/bar experience we had in Seattle and it was awesome! Although it was fairly busy, our group of 7 was able to carry on a decent conversation without shouting, given the cleverly designed layout of the restaurant. The food was delicious, the service was awesome and the beer selection was extensive! Wins all around!Special Features:
- A comfortable, homey retreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/23/2012Tell your server what beer you normally like, and he/she can serve you a sampler of four 6-ounce glasses of tastes in the same family from small or local breweries. They pour something like 170 different beers, the list always in flux. Food is good, prices moderate, service outstanding. It's a cavernous place, hidden below street level, separate nooks and crannies for pool tables, lots of sports on TV everywhere. We will return.Special Features:
- Had a reservation at 9pm,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012Had a reservation at 9pm, showed up 10 min early watched plenty of people of people get seated before us. We finally sat down at 9:20 and ordered drinks. At 9:30 we asked what was taking so long. Waitress said a large group that had just walked in was distracting the bartender. Stupid girl, come up with a better excuse!!!! Food was ok but overpriced and just wasn't impressed.
- Very nice waiter but he didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/15/2012Very nice waiter but he didn't understand that because we had theater tickets we had to leave at a certain time.
- Usually a nice place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Usually a nice place to eat but was disappointed with this particular visit.Special Features:
- Its a happen place, a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2012Its a happen place, a bit noisy but caters to a variety of folks it appears. Very similar to the Fox Sports Grill in the same block, but not as good!Special Features:
- overall great food and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/10/2012overall great food and our waiter was great, the only complaint i have is that i had a reservation at 7pm showed up and they were quite busy, we got a pager from the hostest and 20 min later had to ask them what the issue was they go on to tell me they lost our pager number. they made up for it by comping our appetizer.Special Features:
- Good and EfficientOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2012Much better food than the name would suggest. Most "taprooms" don't have sushi. And theirs was good. Great selection of beverages, especially beer but also wine and cocktails. Food was fresh, well prepared and delivered promptly to the table. Service was well timed.Special Features:
- Fun atmosphere, great food & bevOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2012We had a wonderful time here. The beer selection was very extensive, and they even had hard alcohol & wine too. We were seated promptly at a great big table for 20. Our server, came over fairly quickly to get our drink order and drinks came out fast as well as re-fills throughout the night. She seemed very knowledgable about the beer and food menu, however many of us were taken back by her negative attitude. I'm a server too, and would have completely understood if something happened that was out of her control, but rolling her eyes when I ask for a re-fill of soda is not okay (and others told me similar examples). Overall it was great, just wish our server had left her attitude at the door and put a smile on instead.Special Features:
- This was a perfect meetupJill425Dined on 1/30/2012This was a perfect meetup spot for our group who was getting together after a conference at the convention center. The service was outstanding. And the restaurant was extremely accommodating..Special Features:
- Good food, but don't try toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012Good food, but don't try to make a reservation! I made one for 8:15pm for my husband's 30th birthday, and we were sat until almost 9pm. More than half our party was there at the reservation time, but it was not blocked off.Special Features:
- Good atmosphere and conceptOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/14/2012Good atmosphere and concept with a great contemporary design. Service was great, awesome beer selection, food was hit or miss (average calamari, bland - and overpriced - Mahi Mahi, but wonderful Tequila Chicken Salad!!!).Special Features:
- Nice place and good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/12/2011Nice place and good service. No pitchers of beer which I thought was surprising for a taphouse. A little expensive but also very classy. Thanks for taking good care of our group.Special Features:
- The food and service wereChomanDined on 12/10/2011The food and service were excellent. We will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent service with a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/6/2011Excellent service with a very large group. Beer selection was amazing. Truly one of the best large group dining experiences I have ever had. The food was solid but tended to be more bar-fair and as a "foody" it left me wanting a bit more. However, the desserts were uniformly FANTASTIC.Special Features:
- Excellent food, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/4/2011Excellent food, excellent selection of beverages, and wonderful service. The Tap House was perfect for my Sunday night adventure. Usually it is much busier, and on a Friday or Saturday night making reservations is a must.Special Features:
- We were sat an hour afterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/3/2011We were sat an hour after our reservation time and the service was horrible
- Great selection of beer andSelkiSkinVIPDined on 11/26/2011Great selection of beer and good food. Our server was a bit hard to pin down, but he was knowledgeable about the beers which we appreciated.
- Reservation with OpenTable a jokeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2011We booked a 6:30pm reservation for 14 people with OpenTable, we got there early (6pm)and let them know we were all here, and they said no problem. But - they actually could not accomodate 14 and made us wait until after 7pm before we were seated because they didnt have any tables avaliable together. I dont know why they let us book a reservation for that many people if they could not honor it! We would have been better off going to a "no reservations" restaurant and putting our name on a list.
- ummmmmmmmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2011very good vibe, nice interior but could use some updates to compete with next door fox sports bar and grillSpecial Features:
- Always a good visit when downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2011Always a good visit when downtown Seattle as they have a great beer selection and knowledgable wait staff. Food is good and reasonably priced. Can be a bit noisy at times when crowded.Special Features:
- The food was great, but twoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2011The food was great, but two of our orders got messed up so the food arrived about 20 minutes after the rest of the group received their food.Special Features:
- GREAT BEER, MEDIOCRE FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2011My buddy wanted to go here due to the very large selection of local beers on tap. It goes without saying but their establishment is aptly named. All of the beer we had was EXCELLENT but, unfortunately, we both were rather disappointed with our orders. The "BEEF AND GUINNESS STEW" had a savory sauce and tender veggies but the large chunks of lean beef were rather dry and tough to chew. (I will have you know that "tough to chew" is a hard verdict (no pun intended) for this life-long beef eater). Perhaps it was an off-night? Perhaps not. Without stealing by buddies critique he was NOT satisfied with his order either. Did I mention they had great beer?Special Features:
- I had reservatons for a surpriseKenaiDined on 10/8/2011I had reservatons for a surprise birthday party and the staff was great. Very well organized and kept everything moving smoothly.Special Features:
- Been to the Tap House a fewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011Been to the Tap House a few times now and it's always a great time with excellent food! LOVE the beer selection too!Special Features:
- Notable beer list! GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2011Notable beer list! Great for anyone who wants an exotic, local, or previously known pint or schooner.
- so so, not good for watching sportsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2011This place touts many beers on tap, which they have and many are very tasty. A couple things that you don't really get informed on however is how much the prices vary from beer to beer or if you order a specific kind it comes in a smaller glass. All things that the waiter or waitress should run through when they ask you if you want a beer as you are seated. Our group had 5 different selections from the menue that weren't availble. Waitress finally brought a list of kegs they were out of which was over 20, and then a updated list of the rotator taps, funny thing was is that there were beers on both the "out of" list and the "current" list. One of the groups ordered their burger well and it came raw, outside of that the food is ok.
- The food is fine, but you'recmckelveyDined on 9/10/2011The food is fine, but you're really here for the 160+ beers they have on tap. My husband and I both tried a sampler and had a great time trying a lot of different beers.Special Features:
- The Tap House Seattle was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2011Location is great, very central, the decor is intriguing, and the staff were all very attentive and cheerful. We had a great meal and celebrated my daughter's 21st birthday in style.Special Features:
- What a wonderful hidden gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011What a wonderful hidden gem. The food was as expected for a bar, but the service was impeccable. Most notable was the massive amount of selection for beer on draft (hence the name). Definately recommend to all beer enthusiasts.Special Features:
- We arrived early for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2011We arrived early for dinner before the theater and were wonderfully surprised at the great selection of Happy Hour menu items. We had good salads, great soup and some wonderful sushi, popcorn shrimp, tequila chicken skewers and spinach/artichoke dip and chips. Great service, great food and a great place to hang out with friends. The pool table area looked awesome - next time!Special Features:
- The BankRoll sushi was veryStrangerToTheGroundDined on 8/12/2011The BankRoll sushi was very nice, the crisp tempura a just-right contrast to the soft rice and avocado textures and nicely presented; the rest of the meal, enjoyable. The menu is standard high end pub fare, if not quite up to the standards set by competitors nearby, but they can't match the handle count (160). Note to establishment: I asked a question and the wait person said she would ask the barkeeper. Instead of a recommendation she brought me a beer---that was presumptuous! Even though it was well matched to the question, it was a beer I was already familiar with. Inexperience? I hope so.Special Features: