Tap House Seattle
1506 Sixth Ave
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tap House Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.taphousegrill.com/
- Phone: 2068163314
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm. Dinner: Monday - Thursday. Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Fernando Buitron
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Located in the heart of the downtown Seattle, Tap House Grill is surrounded by the best hotels, shopping destinations, and tourist attractions. Let us make your next gathering a celebration to remember. The Tap House Grill is a full service event facility. Choose from one of our private event spaces or reserve the entire restaurant. We accommodate groups ranging from 15 to 680 guests and feature the region's largest selection of draft beers. Our progressive urban cuisine complements the complex flavors of the local, national, and imported beers we feature daily. Private Events: All that is required for private events is the selection of a menu and bar choice to satisfy the food and beverage minimum. There is no rental or hidden fees. We have many menu options from multiple buffet choices to a la carte plated menus, as well as our famous Brewer's Dinner where we pair each course with one of our 160 beers on tap!
- Private Party Contact: Lindsay Helling 2068163314
- Entertainment: Billiards are available at our Seattle location.
- Cross Street: Sixth and Pike
- Public Transit: Tap House Grill is located on Sixth Avenue between Pike & Pine Streets, a short walking distance from Seattle's Metro tunnel.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is available as well as private garage parking on Pike between Sixth and Seventh Avenue.
A word from Tap House Seattle
Tap House Grill offers the largest selection of draft beers in the Northwest with 160 Beers on tap. We serve daily lunch, dinner, happy hour, late night dining, full service catering, and banquet space for parties up to 680 guests. Our Seattle Tap House Grill restaurant is conveniently located in downtown Seattle with great access to all the shopping, attractions, and convention facilities the great city of Seattle has to offer. Tap House Grill Seattle also offers a billiards room with regulation size tables at hourly rates. Both of our Tap House Grill restaurant locations feature an extensive beer collection as well as Northwest influenced cuisine. Enjoy a leisurely meal and brew, or book a private event or catered banquet space to host your own unique event. We look forward to seeing you soon at the Seattle Tap House!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Tap House Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Tap House Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (18)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (12)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (7)special occasion (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Fun place with friendsSafegalDined on 9/18/2013Went here w colleagues while visiting Seattle. Food was pretty good. Atmosphere was fun. I had salad w chicken which was ok. The ingredients were delicious; the flavored they used were off to me. Appetizers - calamari, shrimp, wings- were very good. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer list (160 beersdingfodDined on 9/14/2013Great beer list (160 beers on tap), not too noisy for table conversation, and good wait staff. Food was meh, though. I ordered the Crab Macaroni & Cheese - it was too salty. My mates had a Caesar salad and Spicy Shrimp Pasta. They each said it was just so-so: Palatable, but not great. The beers were very good, though. I tried one that I didn't like and the server cheerfully replaced it with an alternate.Special Features:
- We had a good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2013The wheelchair-accessible entrance is via the parking garage elevators, entrance on 6th between Pine & Pike. Food was good and plentiful, from French dip to halibut to beef stew. Only complaint I heard was shrimp pasta: tiny shrimp. Cheerful, patient service for our group of 9.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All that beer on tap...KatsVIPDined on 8/26/2013We had a great time! The beverages were lovely and the food was some of the best "bar" food I had ever had. Must return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBeckyDined on 8/24/2013Excellent service for my group of 15. We were waited on and served right away and the food came out fast. Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a million beersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2013Had a reservation. Seated immediately at reservation time. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightfully guilty as charged!starvalleyguyDined on 8/10/2013As with all things in life, the criticisms of this restaurant must be taken in context. Yes, it's loud, dark, subterranean, and and not well-suited for a quiet, romantic conversation. If you want great food, attentive service, and the best on-tap beer selection in Seattle, this is your place. Likewise, if you like a busy, animated atmosphere in a packed restaurant with lots of happy people, you've arrived. At first glance, it doesn't strike you as a place reservations would be accepted, but they do so gladly, and accommodate your arrival immediately. The food selection is varied and eclectic, with everything from burgers to seasonal halibut prepared perfectly. For us it was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress horribleNewtoseattleDined on 8/3/2013We had a fabulous dining experience at the Tap House: the sampler beers were great, the food came out very quickly, and it was plentiful and delicious! Our server, however, was a different story. After a long wait, she finally came over. We basically only saw her again when she took our food order and gave us the bill. We did not tip very generously, which is unfortunate, because everything but her service was fabulous. We will go again, but hope that we see better table service next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group loved itSusieQDined on 8/3/2013Ten of us met at Tap House Grill for a pre-cruise dinner. Food was great, service was excellent. We all agreed to try this restaurant againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SelectionPoopapapaDined on 7/19/2013Great selection of beer and food! Highly recommended for a night on the town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet with a friendMikeyDined on 7/15/2013First time, but not the last. Met my best friend from high school, in town on business, for beer and we stayed through appetizers, burgers, beer and a glass of Oban. No room for dessert, too full! The waitress was perfect and the food delicious. Bacon-wrapped jalapeno was a bit crunchy, but the burgers were great. Beers on tap were cold and went so nicely with the meal. Ambience was perfect, my bud and I had a wonderful time. Thanks Taphouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best burger everhilocoupleDined on 7/9/2013Not one to go out to eat burgers a lot, but had the Morning After Burger and was very pleasantly surprised. It was really great tasting, a bit messy, but worth all the mess. The first beer I had was OK, but the temperature was on the warm side; not appetizing. The second beer was much better. Beer selection was overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceFamilyDinnerDined on 7/8/2013Great place to get dinner. Good food, good drinks. A little loud for something formal such as an intimate dinner or a business dinner.Special Features:
- Great time on U-Dub Grad eveRoDDDined on 6/14/2013My wife and I were looking for a casual place to take our UW grad before grad ceramony - Tap House was perfect....over 160 beers on tap for us to slurp down, good food, friendly and fun service.....and I could wear casual clothing to fity in with the younger crowd. Thanks Tap House! We had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is better than ambientevisitor2alexDined on 6/14/2013Enjoyed the Food and the marvellous Choice of Beer But very loud and People from the Bar Standing Talking Too close to the table...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful ultra modern pubOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/12/2013A wonderful ultra modern pub resturant with a huge on tap beer selection. The food is tasty but not aimed at the foody. It has party rooms, pool tables and really is a lot of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2013Food was amazing!!!! Server could have paid more attention to us. Worst service I've ever had. That being said, I recommend food to any fellow foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a late lunch withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2013This was a late lunch with a friend I don't often get to see. The restaurant was near empty when we arrived, but completely packed when we left 2.5 hours later. At no point did the wait staff become brusk or try to rush us out to turn over the table. The food was good and they even made iced coffee for us (which wasn't on the menu). The restaurant is located in the basement of a building. If you have mobility issues, there is actually an elevator, but we found that out too late and ended up taking the long staircase down. I do wish they had signage upstairs that led to the elevators.Special Features:
- Beer selection, good food - noisyJavarahDined on 6/7/2013We came specifically for the largest beer selection in town - and Tap House delivered that plus well-made, tasty, better-than average versions of standard pub food. The place was extremely noisy, with many blank walls making it feel like we'd been thrown in a pit with all these other hungry people. Overall, the atmosphere didn't match the food quality. I plan to try the Tap House in Bellevue, which should have all the good Seattle has and a better atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service staff was very efficientCharlotteDined on 6/1/2013Service staff was very efficient and offered excellent choices in beer and food.Special Features:
- Hidden gem!Dee0365Dined on 5/11/2013It's a "must go to" restaurant when visiting Seattle! The food is absolutely fantastic. If you like beer it's the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tap House in Seattle is oneMJH1Dined on 5/9/2013Tap House in Seattle is one of our go-to places before going to the 5th Avenue or ACT Theater. The menu selection has enough variety to meet most moods. We have always had good service. When we mention we are going to the theater, we have been served promptly without feeling rushed.On our last visit traffic getting to Seattle from the Eastside was horrible. We called to say we were running late, and a friendly voice said they would hold our table. We had our cocktails and meal served in under an hour, yet the meal felt leisurely- a good decompression before the show after fighting traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timebradDined on 5/5/2013plank salmon was terrific. and a flight /tasting of beers (or more) was just the ticket of introduction. and you could have a converstation across the table (low/controlled noise). highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.HeathetDined on 5/3/2013Great food and great beer selection!! Food was delicious!! I will definitely come here again if I come back to SeattleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a bite beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/28/2013Great spot for a bite before th show! Happy hour all day on Sunday is the best!
- We had one bad oyster in awineguyDined on 4/27/2013We had one bad oyster in a batch of 2 dozen. The waitress apologized and a fresh oyster was there pronto. One fish dish was under done and again it has handled quickly. The remaining dishes were very good as well as the wine. Waitress was very good and helpful. We would go back on our next visit.Special Features:
- Meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2013Standard food - not exceptional but not awful, very run-of-the-mill. It was very warm down there in the bowels of the earth (it's a subterranean space), and very loud. The overall experience was like that of an Applebee's, but without the kitsch and with a zillion beers on tap. Our server was excellent - a real joy. He was definitely the highlight of our visit. I wouldn't personally choose to visit again, but if I were invited to a birthday party there or something I'd go.
- Fast service, delightful food,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/20/2013Fast service, delightful food, lots of beer choices!Special Features:
- We have eaten at the Tap HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013We have eaten at the Tap House before several of our shows at the 5th Avenue. We have never had a bad experience, or even a slow experience there. Every person involved with the restaurant seems to check on our table each time they go by, and this time, we had 4 different people drop something off for us. It feels like every person there is trying to make sure that you have a great time. We have tried more than 1/3 of the entire menu, and don't have a bad thing to say about any of it. And, with 160 beers on tap, how could that be bad.
- There is no category for VERYRickDined on 4/20/2013There is no category for VERY LOUD so I had to go with energetic. The food was good but I was not overwhelmed with the quantity. It would have been nice to get my second glass of wine before I was finished with my dinner.
- it was a really good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2013it was a really good place to eat. We went Friday evening so it was very busy, but expected since it was Friday night. The host was trying to accommodate as best as she could since we had more people come than reservation, but we decided to squeeze into a booth and they didn't mind.Special Features:
- Beer is king hereSlowyeagDined on 4/14/2013BEER! With 160beers on tap this is a beer afficianado's dream. 2 down, only 158 to go.Special Features:
- Too noisy for the entire groupOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013Too noisy for the entire group I was with. We could barely hear ourselves talk.
- The Taphouse is usually myOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013The Taphouse is usually my go-to spot for a great happy hour. The staff is very competent, the happy hour menu is solid--that are very decent vegetarian options, and there is a fantastic beer selection. I recently organized an after-work gathering for my colleagues and it was a very pleasant experience over all.Special Features:
- Met a group of female colleagues;OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013Met a group of female colleagues; we had a large corner booth. It is a bit noisy but no more than would be expected at this type of restaraunt. Everyone enjoyed their meal! And that says a lot for a group of women. The cocktails were great as well as a wonderful selection of beers. The waiter got our orders straight and all food came out together. He was VERY accomodating of our request for seperate checks as we were on expense accounts.Special Features:
- Food was average, not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013Food was average, not great. Amazing beer menu and really good service.
- Nice dinner - great selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2013Nice dinner - great selection of craft beers, good food, and very nice wait staff! Fit the bill for a quick dinner out in Seattle
- I love this place; Tap HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/2/2013I love this place; Tap House combines excellent quality food and top notch service with a casual high energy sports bar scene. My son and I have dined here 5 times in the last 6 months; enjoying great food while watching several Seahawk games and more recently college basketball games. Believe me - we've tried many "sports grills" all with plenty of TV's but just okay food and sometimes spotty service. Our experience at Tap House has been consistently top notch (despite packed house during most visits). Keep it up Tap House!Special Features:
- Everything was great! FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Everything was great! Food was great beer was awesome never had an empty glass.Special Features:
- Was able to accomodate a largeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013Was able to accomodate a large group during an extremely crowded time in that area of the city (Emerald City Comicon). Affordable, good service and great atmosphere.Special Features: