755 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.forumboston.com/
- Phone: 8579911831x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner offered daily from 5pm to 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Our Private Room accomodates up to 25 guests and features a 110" high definition projection screen with Ipad control and multimedia input.
- Special Events: For private events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Open Table Private Dining feature on opentable.com.
A word from Forum
Located in the heart of the Back Bay, FORUM Bar & Restaurant boasts two distinct floors, two bars, a cafe space with outdoor patio, and a 1300 bottle wine cellar. On the first floor, guests are invited to socialize around front bar, featuring a selection of seasonal signature cocktails, house infused vodkas, glycol-cooled beer drafts and our exquisite selection of bar bites. Our seasonal patio offer alfresco dining in a casual setting. Upstairs, our intimate martini bar provides a private ambiance. Our dining room is elegantly appointed, designed to provide a romantic atmosphere. The dining room offers unobstructed views of glitzy Boylston Street and provides several options for private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Forum reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (17)great for outdoor dining (16)special occasion (15)vibrant bar scene (12)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (10)romantic (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (6)late-night find (6)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- My entree was over cooked.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2013My entree was over cooked. But the service was excellent. Very friendly wait staff. The restaurant has a cool atmosphere.Special Features:
- Even though we had reservationsTheStewardVIPDined on 3/24/2013Even though we had reservations they kept us waiting about 15 min. in lobby. Restaurant was empty when we went upstairs. Not sure why they did that. Appetizers and entrees where good, dessert were not great.
- Had a great table for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/24/2013Had a great table for our group of 9 with a strangely textured, polygonal surface ( not sure how to describe it) screen behind the table. We were able to hear people across the whole table. Food was good although limited menu for restaurant week and dessert was a bit stodgy.Special Features:
- Food is very good. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/23/2013Food is very good. Service is slow...could do better.Special Features:
- We had a great dinner at Forum.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2013We had a great dinner at Forum. The short rib dumplings were delicious . Great fun atmosphere, service, and food. I will definitely recommend it to friends.
- Wonderful experience! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Wonderful experience! The staff went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and accommodate our dietary restrictions. We showed up for a restaurant week reservation but the RW menu was not available when we arrived so the manager offered us the brunch menu at half price. We received delicious complimentary pastries with our meal and our server was friendly and attentive. The food was also hot and delicious. Overall a great place for brunch or lunch. I'm eager to go back at night and try their dinner menu.Special Features:
- I have never been to thisDaniDined on 3/22/2013I have never been to this restaurant before and ended up making reservation in what turned out to be the Boston restaurant week. The selection was surprising, the food was great as was the service. We had a really great time.
- Food was great, but the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/20/2013Food was great, but the service was terrible. We sat at the bar for half an hour unable to order because there was only one bartender, trying to deal with dozens of people. We then moved to a table upstairs, and it took almost 2 hours start to finish for a 3-course restaurant week meal. I realize that Wednesday is an "off" night, but this wasn't worth that amount of time.Special Features:
- The food was disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2013The food was disappointing. Not bad but not nearly as good as would be expected from this type of resturant and prices. Otherwise the dining experience was fantastic.Special Features:
- We booked our reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/10/2013We booked our reservation through Open Table for a party of 8 and they had our table set and ready to go when we got there. They serve little warm croissants while you wait for your food and they were AMAZING! $4 for cup of coffee was a little steep, but overall a great meal!Special Features:
- Went to Forum with a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Went to Forum with a group of four, I had the filet mingnon and it was cooked perfectly and very very tasty. We stayed for three hours, really great atmosphere for getting together with old friends.Special Features:
- Forever a customerBster9183Dined on 2/16/2013Forum is a great venue for any social situation. Whether you want to have drinks after work, group dinner or a romantic evening, it sets a great ambiance for everything. A modern contemporary feel, Forum provides large tables with booths for a large dinner party or smaller tables with substantial room between another is what makes Forum a versatile restaurant. The menu has a tremendous array of selections from surf to turf, casual to formal and a great drink menu that might force you to have more than "just one" drink. The service is prompt, caring and knowledgable of all of the menus and is accurate in their recommendations. Lastly, aside from the experience, you cannot beat the location a hot spot such as Back Bay. Definitely going back!Special Features:
- Ideal for a younger, collegeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2013Ideal for a younger, college student or recent grad date night. The menu had everything you could have desired and it was reasonably priced. Unfortunately, the food was just very average. We had an appetizer, two entrees, and desert, none of which was very flavorful and left us wishing we had tried something else. There are so many restaurants in Boston that are better so it was disappointing. The service was very slow and I think they forgot about us, which was ok since we were looking to have a nice slow night out, but hey made up for it by bringing us free desert. The friendly gestures was greatly appreciated even and it kept me from writing a terrible review for the place.Special Features:
- Forum was excellent. I wentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Forum was excellent. I went there on a date with my girlfriend and we had an excellent time. The atmosphere was trendy but romantic and I felt very comfortable in there. The food was delicious and the drinks were served quickly with little interruption from the staff. Overall, we had a very nice night.Special Features:
- Never in my life wrote a review.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Never in my life wrote a review. I am just too busy or lazy, but FORUM deserves a great review. I have been to all restaurants in boston and forum is by far my favorite. The food is awesome!!!!!!!!!! The people are great !!! Everything was wonderful
- I went here for ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I went here for Valentines day price fix. For $100/couple, we each got an appetizer and entree and split a dessert. It also included a half-bottle of champagne. I don't go out for nice meals much so I didn't know what a tuna tartare was. I ordered it as an appetizer thinking it would be something else. I wasn't crazy about it, but it looked really nice and the fish seemed fresh. I should have asked more about it before committing. I was surprised to see that their price-fixed menu had so many good options. It was much cheaper than some other places in the area that aren't even as nice (in my opinion). It had a good atmosphere and the service was fantastic. Overall, it was great and I'd recommend it. Park somewhere else though. Valet was $16Special Features:
- Great drinks, service andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Great drinks, service and ambiance. Food was slightly below expectations (my gf and I were here for the prix fix Valentine's day menu) but I would certainly return to try more options.
- The restaurant is very prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013The restaurant is very pretty but the food lacks luster. There were five of us and our meals were "ho hum"!
- mmmmm, lobster chowder!JeninSanJoseDined on 2/13/2013I very much enjoyed dinner last weejk at Forum, which is right on Boylston Street beside Atlantic Fish and close to Abe & Louie's. I was with a group of colleagues and chose this restaurant for our party of eight because the reviews were pretty positive, the menu offered a lot of variety and there were 'meal-like' appetizers as well entree options at reasonable prices - important since several in our group were traveling on tight budgets. Having never been there before I was a little nervous about telling a group of eight opinionated folks (at least half 'foodies') that was where we going, but start to finish it was a great experience. The food was good, the service was attentive, and the staff handled the timing very well.Special Features:
- Great food, ambiance, and location!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013I've been to Forum twice now, and it was a great experience both times. The atmosphere upstairs is really cool and modern with tasteful decorating, and definitely has the feel of a trendy late-night gem that's still waiting to be discovered. The real highlight here is the food though. They don't have a huge menu, but they seem to have taken the time to perfect all of the items that they currently offer. Meals range from roughly $15-$30 or a little more, very reasonable for the quality and portion size. My $13 steak sandwich that I ordered last time was probably the cheapest entree on the menu, but it was phenomenal and came with plenty of food for anyone. Forum also offers an extensive wine list. I would definitely it!Special Features:
- Hostess was extremely confusedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013Hostess was extremely confused by us showing up 30 minute early. We really were not treated the best during our bar service not during the beginning of our meal. As the meal progressed, service increased. Unfortunately the server couldn't recommend anything an overall it just wasn't a place that I'd return to. I also mentioned about a special occasion on my reservation and that was never acknowledged during my entire meal...sort of disappointing.
- The food was so so for theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013The food was so so for the price. The server was very nice. But it did take a long time for my guests to receive their drinks who came in later than us. Also the food took awhile to arrive. We complained a bit to the server, and we got free desert for my birthday.
- A nice place to gather with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013Nice place good food. We went here for my wife's birthday celebration. They have a really nice section in the back on the bottom floor with a nice long table for groups. Menu - A little pricey ($18-28 for dinner) for what many would probably consider a "bar". I got a hamburger for $12 and it was really good. My wife got the Margarita Pizza ($11), which she didn't care for but I thought was really good (it was different as it used halved tomatoes vs diced, and the pesto sauce was drizzled on versus spread below the cheese). Drinks - Nice drink list with reasonable prices. Staff was also great.Special Features:
- Drinks and appsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/2/2013Good for drinks and some apps downstairs. Upstairs is a bit meh. Service is good.
- Great Menu, but flavors don't matchIndustryBuffs1Dined on 1/20/2013Great Brunch Menu, however the food didn't stand up to their descriptions. Buttermilk pancakes where pasty, not light and fluffy, however the orange butter was simply amazing. Caprese sandwich looked great, but the flavor fell flat, some of the spring mix of wilted and bad in the side salad. Bluebery waffles again looked amazing, but the tastes wasn't there, just blueberry but no flavor from the actual waffleSpecial Features:
- Mixed feelings about Forum.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013Mixed feelings about Forum. The chicken Marsala was very very dry & was not good. The arancini was not good. Most people did not like the duck cavatelli. But the pork tenderloin was good. Grilled cheese & tomato soup was good. We had 13 guests in our party & 7 were happy & 6 were not. Atmosphere & large table was nice. But the time between the appetizers & dinner was way too long. It took forever for dinner to come out. Our waiter was nice.
- Great flavors. Great atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/17/2013Great flavors. Great atmosphere. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Really fantastic restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/13/2013Really fantastic restaurant. Their brunch menu, though seemed smaller than most, was absolutely delicious. Everything was fresh, even down to the fresh squeezed orange juice. Great modern atmosphere and ambiance. I definitely recommend going to Forum!Special Features:
- The food was fantastic. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/13/2013The food was fantastic. We went for brunch on Sunday. They have either just opened up or renovated the upstairs. It has fantastic views of Boylston street and is decorated very nicely. I live downtown and did not know about the upstairs or how nice it was. I drew my conclusions from looking at the downstairs through the windows. Do not let this form your opinion of the restaurant. Go in and have a meal. I will be back for dinner. I found a new gem and favorite dining place less than 5 minutes from my house.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/6/2013Food was excellent. Waiter was excellent. We were with 3 children and there was not a child's menu. Go with only adults too costly for children.Special Features:
- Great Brunch - the staff wasKittyDined on 1/6/2013Great Brunch - the staff was very very attentive, the food yummy!!!!! The drinks were INCREDIBLE - thank you had a great brunch and would return againSpecial Features:
- Service was amazing...foodMichaelDined on 1/5/2013Service was amazing...food was terrific...not much more you can ask for!Special Features:
- Food was excellent. SwordfishOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/4/2013Food was excellent. Swordfish cut was very thick and cooked perfgectly. Shortribs were also very good. Also recommend the fish tacos and stuffed mozzarella appetizers.Special Features:
- Everything was excellent!KarenDined on 1/4/2013Forum was a great experience! They have a bar/lounge area when you walk in or a very nice dining area upstairs where it is much quieter for date nights. We had dinner upstairs in the dining area. Our server was fantastic, very nice, answered any questions we had, refilled glasses very promptly (before either of us even noticed we would need a refill soon). We were sat right in front of the windows that look out onto Boylston. Food was excellent & wine was great (good variety as well). Very reasonably priced for great tasting food. Would definitely recommend & will be back again!Special Features:
- This was our 3rd time at ForumAndreaDined on 12/29/2012This was our 3rd time at Forum and we were disappointed this time. Hog Wings tasted like nothing but vinegar, swordfish had so many competing flavors that it ruined the fish, chicken in the chicken club was extremely overcooked, kitchen brought out of food and and we never saw our waiter until some time later, waiter screwed up a dessert order, bus boy was inefficient and could have cared less about being there. He actually packed up the things were were going to take home all in the same to-go container. I assume they had their best chef on since it was Saturday night. I wonder if they changed chefs since the last time we were there. I might give it another chance because we like the atmosphere and overlooking Boylston Street.Special Features:
- Maybe I went on an off weekAnnaDined on 12/23/2012Maybe I went on an off week but there was almost no one there which surprised me. The brunch menu is nice and you can get salads and sandwiches for brunch too. The breakfast plates were generously sized. Servers replenished water and coffee regularly. I'd go back.Special Features:
- The furnishing were just beautifulPLKEDined on 12/22/2012The furnishing were just beautiful The design of the entire restaurant was outstanding. Great service and very good food.Special Features:
- I didn't realize this wasMimsicleDined on 12/15/2012I didn't realize this was the old Vox on Boylaton Street. Update is beautiful. Food was delicious.Special Features:
- We went for lunch to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2012We went for lunch to celebrate a birthday. The food at Forum is excellent. They take simple familiar sandwiches and make them into gormet delights. The lobster chowder was especially good.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012Excellent service. The staff was extreamly friendly and we got our drinks and food in a timely manner. Our table was set up perfect for our party. The experience was wonderful and we will come back soon! The food was also delicious!Special Features: