755 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.forumboston.com/
- Phone: 8579911831x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner offered daily from 5pm to 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Our Private Room accomodates up to 25 guests and features a 110" high definition projection screen with Ipad control and multimedia input.
- Special Events: For private events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Open Table Private Dining feature on opentable.com.
A word from Forum
Located in the heart of the Back Bay, FORUM Bar & Restaurant boasts two distinct floors, two bars, a cafe space with outdoor patio, and a 1300 bottle wine cellar. On the first floor, guests are invited to socialize around front bar, featuring a selection of seasonal signature cocktails, house infused vodkas, glycol-cooled beer drafts and our exquisite selection of bar bites. Our seasonal patio offer alfresco dining in a casual setting. Upstairs, our intimate martini bar provides a private ambiance. Our dining room is elegantly appointed, designed to provide a romantic atmosphere. The dining room offers unobstructed views of glitzy Boylston Street and provides several options for private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Forum reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (17)great for outdoor dining (16)special occasion (15)vibrant bar scene (12)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (10)romantic (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (6)late-night find (6)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- "Meh" at bestMichaelDined on 3/8/2014I have been to this restaurant in the past and loved it. Went back after a while and the food was INCREDIBLY bland. The waiter came over and saw that both of our plates were practically full still and didn't ask if everything was alright, nor did he ask if we wanted it boxed up. Granted, we didn't want it boxed up because it was just so "blah" but still... For the money, I was beyond disappointed and will never go back.
- Outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2014We were a group of six and each of us had an exceptional meal. Good attentive non-intrusive service. We will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth Checking Outsml779VIPDined on 3/1/2014I've been wanting to check this place out since they reopened. The food was really good. The service and ambiance weren't for me.Special Features:
- Overall ExperienceTrapisa9Dined on 3/1/2014We were most impressed with the welcoming atmosphere created by the hostess, waitstaff and bartender. The hostess recognzed that our dining would be more comfortable upstairs, away from the bar, and was gracious in assisting my wife with the stairs (an elevator is available, but she preferred to walk). We were seated in the front windows overlooking Boylston, and the contrasting comfort and quiet of our table, overlooking the bustling street scene, was remarkable. We appreciated the fact that the menu is not expansive; our decisions were easier and all were pleased. Our steaks and short ribs were excellent. My wife waited at the bar while I retrieved our car, and received a similar welcome. In all, a thoroughly enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Pleased as PunchPleasedAsPunchDined on 3/1/2014We went here for a Saturday brunch and enjoyed the experience very much. We each ordered something different on the menu and all 4 of us were extremely happy with our choices. You can't go wrong at this restaurant. The service was spectacular. We were waited on by multiple staff and had their attention any time we needed it. They were very attentive and professional. I definitely want to go back here for a nice dinner or date night. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place on BoylstonL02118VIPDined on 2/27/2014I've been wanting to come to Forum since their re-open after the Marathon. It was a solid "Good". We had the fish tacos, duck wontons and haddock. All good. We had wine, though I had intended to get a cocktails. None of them appealed to me as much. They do have several good wines by the glass. With all the great places on Boylston, however, I don't think I would come back here to eat. Maybe for drinks.Special Features:
- GoodStephieDined on 2/16/2014I've been here for brunch once before and I went back last week. It was really good! Service, ambience and food is amazing. The only thing is they didn't have everything on the menu. That was the knlyk downside! Besides that it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambiencebostonbostonDined on 2/15/2014Enjoyed our experience there, food is great, and drinks are outstanding. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Saturday BrunchLindaVIPDined on 2/15/2014I went with a few of my friends to brunch on a snowy Saturday. The service was friendly and efficient. The portion were huge and the food was good. Given the location, the prices were a real value. There were television sets on throughout the place, but the noise was not bad at all. We were able to enjoy a very relaxing brunch. I would definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't know about the PrixOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Didn't know about the Prix fixe menu. be sure to make that clear to future patrons
- Sunday BrunchBostonNellyVIPDined on 2/9/2014Went to The Forum for brunch on a Sunday. Service was excellent and attentive. I ordered the Chicken and Waffles and although there was a lot of food for myself (3 Belgium Style Waffles and a large chicken breast), everything was delicious. Brunch style drinks were great as well. Defiantly will come back here again for brunch or after-work drinks!Special Features:
- Restaurant seemed "off"LoriMiltonDined on 2/8/2014Great space upstairs for dining. Professional and friendly service. But the food was just ok. I had the scallops and the broth they were in was very salty. Others said the same about their meals. Also took so long for our dinners (it wasn't that crowded) that someone came out from the kitchen to apologize (which was nice) and they gave us a complimentary dessert (one, to share among the 5 of us). I felt that everyone there had good intentions but that our experience missed the mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodsassDined on 12/28/2013Food was fantastic, drink list plentiful. We started with the white bean hummus, which was delicious. I ordered an appetizer with ahi tuna as an entree, along with the arugula salad. Everything was fresh and wonderful, but my fiance's pork chops win for the standout food of the night. Easily the best pork chops I've ever had in my life-- and they're served with mac and cheese! I'll be ordering that on my next visit for sure. My only minor issue was that the table we were seated at was tiny, and got a little tricky balancing the multiple plates, drinks, and water. We had asked for a larger table, but were told they were reserved for larger groups, although a couple was later seated at a booth and several others were left empty.Special Features:
- Great food and great service!rhd3Dined on 12/27/2013We went to the Forum on a Friday night during our last stay in Boston. We hadn't been there since its reopening and it's just as good as it was before. Te food was exquisitely prepared and there was a broad selection of entrees. The wine list is very good and everyone should be able to find something they enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good serviceBigJoeNHDined on 12/21/2013Reservations at Forum were treated with an odd level of appreciation as my 1+ week in advance booking had my wife and I sitting next to the kitchen door. But quickly after asking for a better table we were brought upstairs to a much nicer location. It took a while (10 minutes?) for anyone but the water boy to visit our table. But again once I asked "will a waiter be by soon?" a very nice waitress appeared. After that our waitress and other staff were very attentive. The food was great and the prices were reasonable for downtown Boston. It was a very warm December 21st evening (60+ F) which perhaps is the reason the heat upstairs was nearing the high 70's. Otherwise the atmosphere was quite pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would have been great but . . .luvholidaysDined on 12/21/2013Our dinner would have been perfect but for one problem. Three out the six main course dinners we ordered were over done (specially the short ribs, scallops and burger). The appetizers and three other dinners were delicious and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely be back!ShannonDined on 12/5/2013The food here was excellent. The menu isn't too large, which I liked, and they have a touch of everything. We had a beautiful view of Boylston Street, the service was exceptional.Special Features:
- better than expecteddaniDined on 11/30/2013upstairs was quiet and cozy. food was quite good . service good. centrally located restaurant. parking cost in boston is outrageous though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, nice upstairs diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/22/2013I was a little concerned about Forum for a business meal after seeing the bar and the tv's - but upstairs was a totally different atmosphere. Quiet - with a great view of boylston street. We had a wonderful dinner - the halibut with Lobster chorizo risotta was exquisite. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very limited lunch menu butmaryDined on 11/2/2013Very limited lunch menu but perhaps only due to the busy day of the Red Sox Parade! The options on the lunch were simple and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RenewedMurcuriiDined on 11/1/2013I have been to Forum before the bombing and afterwards. I really like the new design design. It is a lot more active and fun environment. The food is tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, very slow servicebhpandaVIPDined on 10/19/2013Nice menu, great food - try the crab fritters! However, we waited more than 45 minutes for our appetizers and the mains were slow to follow. Not sure what the issue was -- the bar didn't seem that busy. Given how good the food was we will definitely try Forum again, with the hope that it was just an off day with respect to service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forum Review - ConferencerobustninjaDined on 10/3/2013I had the New York Strip and it was cooked perfectly Medium Rare. My companions had the Filet and the Halibut respectively but both went on and on about how good it was. We also had the mussels as an appetizer and they were amazing as well. Will definitely go back if in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad that they're back!MarkDined on 10/2/2013I have always been a fan of the Forum and so I was eagerly anticipating my first trip back since they've reopened. We went for my birthday this week and they put us at a high top table right up front on the street, but not on the sidewalk. It was actually a great spot. You could enjoy the hustle and bustle of the street without people walking by right next to you staring down at your meal. The food and ambiance were great and one of the reasons I always love going there. However, the service this time around was pretty bad. Service was slow and at one point we were sure they forgot about us. But, I'm not going to let that stop me from coming back again! I'm sure it was just a one time thing!Special Features:
- great time!ladiesnightDined on 9/28/2013My girlfriends and I went out for a night on the town. Had yummy appetizers and drinks. Will definitely go back the next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and chickelsh22VIPDined on 9/28/2013We enjoyed our dinner at Forum. We were seated upstairs at the window looking out onto the street. The decor was contemporary and elegant. Our service was great and food was excellent. My husband had the short ribs, my son the pork chop, and i had the halibut. all were delicious. We will go back to Forum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodMikeDined on 9/28/2013This was the second time I've been to Forum. The service and food were excellent both times. I like the location and the big doors that open to outside. The prices are a bit higher than I would except however. That seems to be the only downfall, otherwise, it's a great spot. I just wouldn't go often because of the prices.Special Features:
- StunningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2013I couldn't be happier that Forum re-opened. They are such an amazing group of people for all that they did for their customers and continue to do for their customers. The renovation turned out beautiful and it was great to see a number of staff members who stuck through everything. The bar staff were friendly and helpful with drink recommendations(I love a great classic cocktail--done perfectly and very tasty). We actually ate at the bar and the food was awesome. We shared the mussels and had the NY Strip and Tuna. All the food was seasoned and cooked to perfection. It was a perfect evening from being greeted by a smiling hostess and manager, to the great bar staff, to the wonderful food. We love ForumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itMinikinDined on 9/24/2013Not much of a reviewer but have to give Forum their much earned props: Food: Crab Fritters were great(put Old Bay on it and I will come), Pork Chop was cooked perfect and had tons of flavor and the Brick Chicken hit the spot Service: Best part of Forum-- staff were gratious and knowledgable, greeted warmly by the hostess and seated promptly per our reservation Ambience: One star for this one folks....weird techno clubby vibe and speakers going in and out was strange with all the renovationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forum was disappointing onCuisinartVIPDined on 9/15/2013Forum was disappointing on a recent Sunday night visit. The was a noticeable and frustrating delay between each course. It started with dinner rolls too hard to break into and finished with a 30 minute wait for desert. It was not crowded, perhaps they under staff on Sunday evenings. The food was fine, nothing memorable.
- The food was delicious butLiveToDineOutVIPDined on 9/5/2013The food was delicious but the service was fair at best. We hope the service issue is due to The Forum's recent opening and not the standard they strive for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caesar votes blahNicole66VIPDined on 9/1/2013The food was just okay. It was noisy and the lady who filled your water did not even acknowledge your "thank-you." There are just too many great places to eat in Boston to settle on this one.
- God bless all who was injuredladydine13Dined on 4/20/2013God bless all who was injured that terrible day. Forum was closed due to the bombing.Special Features:
- Diner's Delight2DinersDeliteDined on 4/6/2013What a great find! Food was delicious- the duck confit cavatelli was to die for, as was the lobster gnocchi and the giant meatball/pasta dish. We will definitely be back for more. Portion size more than filled us, as we didn't leave room for dessert. Next time.....Special Features:
- Forgettable food, decent drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2013Forgettable food, decent drinks but the service wasn't great so I don't think I have any reason to go back.Special Features:
- We have visited the forumGretchenDined on 3/31/2013We have visited the forum for lunch and brunch. Easy time was a delight. The food is delicious. The service is attentive but not rushed. Would definitely recommend and return.Special Features:
- Had a nice time. I liked theBlakeMVIPDined on 3/30/2013Had a nice time. I liked the design and decor. Went during restaurant week. Had a great meal for a great price. Was a little disappointed i couldn't order a la cart - they had a pre fixed 3 course meal but it was all delicious. Can't say for sure I would go back soon. Had a nice time but I wasnt amazed.
- Ignored at the bar but good food.LygaDined on 3/29/2013Quirky place. Bar man completely ignored us for over 10 minutes. Food was very good though and our waiter was top notch. Overall experience was enjoyable.
- Fan of ForumOut4LunchVIPDined on 3/29/2013Tried Forum on a whim during Boston's Restaurant Week - sure to be back to check out the great bar/lounge downstairs and taste some more of the fabulous starters. Only disappointment: dessert came too quickly.Special Features:
- The table was ready when weOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013The table was ready when we got there, and it was presented by friendly hosts. When selecting our dishes, the waiter explained each one in case we misunderstood any of the names of the dishes. The food was great, cooked to the way we asked. It was nice to sit back and not worry about being asked to leave cause of full capacity. Overall, good experience!