Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Orlando
9101 International Drive Ste 1200
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/
- Phone: 3212815888
- Hours of Operation:
Island Time Happy Hour 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: John Leichty
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Crystal Carr, Sales Manager for any catering requests, Crystal.Carr@tommybahama.com
- Entertainment: Please contact us for a schedule of our Live Island Music
- Special Events: Join us for Island Time Happy Hour in the bar Everyday 4pm-6pm, We feature great deals on signature small plate appetizers and our fantastic tropical libations.
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Orlando
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (37)special occasion (36)fit for foodies (32)romantic (22)great for outdoor dining (19)great for lunch (18)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (13)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- A terrific restaurant thatOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/14/2009A terrific restaurant that captures the essense of the Tommy Bahama image. The service staff is outstanding - a place to go in Orlando if you want a memorable experienice.Special Features:
- The atmosphere was great butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009The atmosphere was great but we felt very rushed. We specifically asked that our appetizers be ordered and when they arrived to then order our entrees. It didn't happen that way. As soon as we finished our soup the entrees were served. We were out of the restaurant within an hour. The food was ok. Definitely not worth the price. Probably will not return.
- We have been wanting to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2009We have been wanting to dine here for a very long time. The atmosphere, service and food quality were excellent. Well worth the wait. Definitely make a reservation as they told us we were lucky that we had one. They were completely booked.Special Features:
- My second time to TBTC wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2009My second time to TBTC was as good as the first (Scottsdale was my first) - and was happy with my selection to surprise our family. This appears to be a dependable chain that will not let you down. The food was great. The service was exceptional with a great balance of attention without being overwhelming. I was disappointed that we arrived to a semi empty restaurant but were left with only a 4:45 dining time through Open Table. I did speak with the manager and suggested that perhaps they should release more seats when they can not fill them (if this is possible).Special Features:
- We loved our food and theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009We loved our food and the ambiance was perfect! I loved the booths as well! The pillows in the booths definitely made it comfortable and feel special.Special Features:
- I like the tropical feel ofOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/7/2009I like the tropical feel of Tommy Bahamas and was a returning customer. This visit felt different though -- the waiter seemed pompous, and almost offended when we asked for bread that we saw was being delivered unsolicited to nearby tables. Also we went with my 4 yr. old daughter and her food was brought out last. That's usually a recipe for disaster.
- We were a group of 6 diners.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/6/2009We were a group of 6 diners. It was a family reunion. We did find as soon as we were seated that the noise level was unbearable. We could not hear each other. So they quickly moved us to a quieter room thankgoodness. The ambiance was amazing no doubt. The service and attention was excellent. The food was expensive with add on's etc...which I feel was a way of asking for more $$ and quite lame. Nevertheless the portions were huge. This "hugeness" is a turn off. We all agreed we would rather have quality of food rather that quantity. I ordered the ribs which were done very well. My husband ordered the pork which was too much to eat. Pasta was excellent ordered by my cousin. Chicken stuffed too large. Dessert was the ultimate.
- I feel that if you spend $350OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/6/2009I feel that if you spend $350 + for a party of 3 adults and 2 kids without a bottle of wine, the service should be superior. The service was more like an Olive Garden experience at a Ruth's Chris price. Eneryone enjoyed the food despite the slow service, cold coffee with grounds in it, and lack of attention to the table. The server was nice, but somewhat unprofessional and unattentive. The decor was bland in the corner that we were sat in with nothing on the walls. I had the pan seared tuna dish and it had a wonderful flavor.
- Very good food and atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 2/5/2009Very good food and atmosphere. Friendly and efficient staff and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- The food was delicious, theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/15/2009The food was delicious, the service was prompt but I wouldn't call the noise level energetic. It was loud. I don't consider noise to be energetic when I'm trying to eat. It was just loud. The open diningroom and parquet floors leave nothing to absorb the noise. Also, Open Table has a different standard for "moderate" prices than I do. Tommy Bahamas was supposed to be moderate but I found it to be pricey.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/14/2009Excellent food and service! Staff is very friendly and "on it".Special Features:
- It was okay. Service was off,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/9/2009It was okay. Service was off, didn't get bread till a minute before our meal. Got wine glass with food stuck on it. Thought the dishes were overpriced. Even a bottle of sparkling water was ridiculous. We asked for a quiet table away from kids (no offense but we always get next to the newborns) and they sat two tables of kids right next to us. The place was empty when we were there so we thought this was ridiculous. It was just okay.
- Cool place with good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 1/4/2009Cool place with good food. Not a place that will impress you with their food selection, but they serve quality food.
- Food was not as good as inOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/3/2008Food was not as good as in The Woodlands, Tx facility; however, it was pleasant outdoor dining.Special Features:
- Our food was very tasty. TheySosoDined on 11/30/2008Our food was very tasty. They give you very large portions however. We had to take home leftovers. Did not look at wine menu. Tropical menu.
- Outstanding. Dinner was excellentLocalDined on 10/3/2008Outstanding. Dinner was excellent and service was superb.Special Features:
- The entire dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/8/2008The entire dining experience was interrupted by a family with out of control children sitting next to us. Considering the food was very pricey this had us a bit distressed. We did not complain but would suggest that this is not the place for young children. However the food was delicious and the server and manager/host were very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- This restaurant is beautiful.CruiseboysVIPDined on 7/27/2008This restaurant is beautiful. Food ain't bad either! Great place for a quiet lunch or early dinner.Special Features:
- The impeccably-cooked AmericanOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/10/2008The impeccably-cooked American food with Caribbean flare was delicious and served in a very timely manner. We ate outside, where there was a relaxing water fountain and a keyboardist playing tropical songs. The macadamia nut encrusted goat cheese appetizer and cherry chutney pork loin were out of this world!Special Features:
- The service was outstanding!FoodieDined on 6/26/2008The service was outstanding! We were celebrating our anniversary, and our server as well as the manager both made great efforts to ensure a memorable and special dining experience! We will definitely return again!Special Features:
- Excellent meal: Sanibel StuffedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/25/2008Excellent meal: Sanibel Stuffed Chicken was out of this world! Extremely tender. The Blackbeard's Butterscotch was amazing. Our server, Sara, was extremely positive, helpful, and very attentive. I will be back!Special Features:
- Very helpful hostess, we changedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2008Very helpful hostess, we changed seats and she was very accommodating. Fun helpful server. Great steel pan music. Food good, perhaps a little oversalted but proper preeration and matched description. overall a good vibe. Drinks and desert were very good as well.Special Features:
- Good service. Promt seating.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2008Good service. Promt seating. Good meal - would go again.Special Features:
- Food, service & cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/2/2008Food, service & cocktails are excellent. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- often take clients there forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/28/2008often take clients there for lunch. a little pricier than other area restaurants and the service is often slow. nice atmosphere!Special Features:
- Delightful experience, absolutelyPDorlandoDined on 5/24/2008Delightful experience, absolutely delicious food, and friendly & great service! A must if you have never tried it!!! New Year's Eve there is special too!Special Features:
- My husband had the TOMMY'OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2008My husband had the TOMMY' S GREAT BIG CRISPY FISH SANDWICH and the seasoning in the breading was very strong so he had to remove the breading before eating the fish. Also, I ordered the CHICKEN SALAD JUNKANOO and, while it was a wonderful blend, it was served VERY chilled.... like it had JUST come out of the 40 degree refrigeration (which I'm assuming it had). I feel that it would have been more enjoyable if it wouldn't have been served quite so chilled. I found myself eating the fruit first just to let the salad warm up a bit before eating it.Special Features:
- There were 3 Moms celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008There were 3 Moms celebrating Mother's Day during our visit. I expected something totally different than what it actually turned out to be. When seated, we were not given enough menus, so I had to sit for a while without a menu. The floor under our chairs and table was filthy. We could not get rid of the very pesky flies and knats. For the prices on the menu, I don't think there should be bugs. I wasn't dining down in Mexico. 2.95 for a child's Sprite! How ridiculous. Again, not what I expected, especially for the prices charged.
- Everyone enjoyed their meal,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/10/2008Everyone enjoyed their meal, the food was fantastic!Special Features:
- Resturant is convenient toOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/6/2008Resturant is convenient to the convention center, is loud, & has an unfortunate "corporate-controlled" mojo. Staff is overly concerned with their nightly "sales"; not focused on dining pleasure of the guests. Reservations don't matter, the process to get your table involves a mosh pit waiting area. Bartenders have nothing to say or converse about other than processing the credit card--too bad as the environment/furniture/ambience is cool but the service staff is controlled by the corpotate "man" and act as such. Don't go here, it is like eating at the Post Office (with dark wood) as all the staff are "scared" of some thing or somebody--WIERD!!!Special Features:
- My son had a delicous steakOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2008My son had a delicous steak - very flavorful sirloin. My husband and daughter enjoyed their ribs too! Delicious.Special Features:
- We have dined at the "Tommy's"OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/2/2008We have dined at the "Tommy's" in California a couple of times. My husband really liked the ribs, so we both had them on this occasion but unfortunately they were not to our liking this time around. The meat had to be "chewed off" the bone and the coleslaw was not to my liking. However, the restaurant was very nice and we were seated promptly, after being 15 minutes late. We will no doubt come back again, but maybe in California!! Thank-you.Special Features:
- It was a nice restaurant --OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/30/2008It was a nice restaurant -- the waitress was more interestred in what "else" we were going to buy -- versus what we wanted -- like selling us alcohol -- and when one of the gals in our party ordered the tenderloin "medium rare" she didnt bother asking if we were ordering the steak or the pork -- WHo orders pork tenderloing medium rare ? Anyway -- I do like OPEN table though!Special Features:
- waiter was very knowledgeableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/16/2008waiter was very knowledgeable about the wine list and suggested a great wine for our dinner.Special Features:
- Our server did not do a goodBigomanVIPDined on 4/13/2008Our server did not do a good job of telling us that they were out of the side dish that came with the special (one of the reasons we ordered it); it was disappointing to have our entree arrive and then have to order a different accompaniment. However, the manager did step up and give us free dessert to cover for it. This is a restaurant to which I frequently bring out of towners because there aren't many of them nationally and they do have excellent food--this was my first negative experience here, but I will come back because of how the manager handled it.Special Features:
- Our service was great andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2008Our service was great and the entrees were excellent, but the brownie/coconut dessert was very disappointing. It was way too crispy. One bite, I thought I may have chipped a tooth, it was so hard. The waiter did replace it for us, but the other piece was just as hard. We should have went with the coconut cake. That looked moist and good. Also, we chose this restaurant specifically because they had live music but they had the musician "hiding" in a corner. We didn't even realize there was live music until we were leaving. I was disappointed with this as well.Special Features:
- always a great place to treatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2008always a great place to treat ourselves...the cuisine is light and delicious. we enjoy both the outdoor patio and steel drum music, and when it is cool outside, we have also enjoyed a nice booth inside....great interior design. Service has always been impeccable, with our every need being met with sincere courtesy.Special Features:
- The food was excellent althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2008The food was excellent although more expensive then what we are used to. This would be a special occasion restaurant for us. 1 Entree, 2 appetizers (eaten as main meal ), 1 side and 2 desserts was 83.00. We loved the tropical decor and thought the pillows on the seats were a relaxing touch. Parking is very tough in this area. The restaurant WILL validate parking in the parking garage which is approx a 10 minute walk. Overall a great experience and would love to go back.Special Features:
- This was one of the best allOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2008This was one of the best all around dining experiences. When traveling I always look for the best restaurant, either Zagat rated or through the hotel. The food at Tommy Bahama's was exceptional and the sweet potatoe side dish was out of this world--a must get. I would love to find the recipe!Special Features:
- It was fabulous. We alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/27/2008It was fabulous. We always enjoy eating there when we are in town and we will continue to do so.Special Features: