21900 Willamette Dr #201
West Linn, OR 97068Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurant503.com/
- Phone: 5036070960
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Graham Fresn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Wine dinners and live music are offered every Saturday night throughout the summer months. www.restaurant503.com/events.html
A word from Restaurant Five-0-Three
(five-0-three) offers casual, fine dining with a focus on local, sustainable ingredients. Our menu changes frequently to take advantage of the short growing seasons in the Northwest. We feature an international wine list with a clear focus on boutique wineries found in the Northwest to compliment the locally sourced food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Restaurant Five-0-Three - Best Restaurants in West Linn ›
Restaurant Five-0-Three reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (14)neighborhood gem (10)notable wine list (8)romantic (4)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- A New Find!BKMdogVIPDined on 6/23/2013Having just moved to the area, our meal was spot on! My wife can't eat with onions or garlic, which was not as prevalent as other current menus elsewhere! A new regular for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local diningOut2dinnerVIPDined on 6/22/2013We love 503 and dine there regularly. Food is good, outdoor dining are nice, service excellent and weekend bands a real treat. Lovely little spot close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was alright. Crab cakesOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/24/2013Food was alright. Crab cakes were small and lacked proper texture. They fell apart very easily. Fish and chips had were mostly beer-batter and no fish. If you are looking for a s more substantial meal for the price I would stay away from these items. The vegetable risotto was very good. Salads also had nice flavor. Some improvement can be made. Took a while to prepare the food too. Saw their burger go by and it looked great. If I return, I will probably try that.Special Features:
- Neighborhood secretHugoBossDined on 5/17/2013We were meeting a friend for dinner who lives in West Linn. Having never been there, we found it easy to get to, just off the 205, even in rush hour time. We started with cocktails, appetizers.mthe truffle fries were excellent , great selection of cocktails. He good selection was varied, but everything on the table looked and tasted great. We all shared bites...but I was partial to the Paella I ordered. While it is no our neck of the woods, I would certainly go back again.Special Features:
- Ok, but wouldnt go again...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2013The service was not consistent from the bartender even though there were hardly any people in the establishment. There were three gentlemen staff and a female server talking at the end of the bar rather than asking their customers if they would like anything else or if they wish to settle their tab before moving to their table. The mac and cheese as well as the cheese and fruit plate were flavor-full. The stuffed pork was extremely dry and the risotto needed salt (and I never salt food). Overall for the cost I have had much better service, food and ambiance at other higher end restaurants. Sadly though I live close by, I would probably not come back nor recommend this restaurant to friends.
- We really enjoyed everythingLaurieDined on 3/15/2013We really enjoyed everything about Five-O-Three! The food was very good and the service was great! Every person on the wait staff was friendly and kind. I had a knee immobilizer on my left leg due to a fractured knee cap and the gal seated us where I was able to easily keep it straight as ordered by the doc. We will go back again!!Special Features:
- Whenever we are travelingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2013Whenever we are traveling north from McMinnville to West Lynn we thorughly enjoy dining at 503. Great and friendly service, food is always good.Special Features:
- We live in the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/8/2013We live in the restaurant wasteland known as Oregon City. This little spot is just across the bridge in West Linn, and has become one of our favorite spots for dinner. Friendly, helpful wait staff, a creative menu with lots of options.Special Features:
- My girlfriend and I thuroughlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013My girlfriend and I thuroughly enjoyed our experience at Five-O-Three. The food was awesome.... the drinks were awesome.... the ambiance was awesome too! The pricing was a little on the high side.... but... only a little. I would recommend to all of my friends simply based on the food. My compliments to the Chef(s)!!Special Features:
- A great meal as always...everyoneeyewolfVIPDined on 1/4/2013A great meal as always...everyone in our party enjoyed their dinner. Love how the menu always changes and the chef's combinations are right-on!Special Features:
- Very pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012Very pleasantly surprised at this West Linn restaurant and its contemporary Northwest cuisine. Very good food and a great bottle of local wine for a reasonable price.Special Features:
- My wife had the salmon, thedinerVIPDined on 12/8/2012My wife had the salmon, the fish for the day, which was wxcellent with a sizeable portion. The soup of the day was great as was the salad I had. I had the small plate crab cakes which were very good and we both indulged on tasty desserts. Good food.Special Features:
- As always a wonderful mealfinickyfoodieDined on 11/30/2012As always a wonderful meal and probably the most comfortable booths I've ever had the pleasure to sit on. Our food was cooked to perfection and the drinks were terrific. We really had a terrific time.Special Features:
- We have always had very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2012We have always had very good service and food and great wine finds. I never hesitate to recommend this restaurant to friends and love not having to drive to PDX for great food and wine.Special Features:
- We have gone to Five-o-ThreedeedleDined on 10/19/2012We have gone to Five-o-Three several times for a glass of wine and small plates. It is a nice place and ambiance is pleasant for friends to get together in the West Linn area.Special Features:
- john was knowledgeable onOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2012john was knowledgeable on wines and a warm and friendly waiter. Food was tasty and creative. Small plates are fun to share.
- Excellent food, beginningretiredinpdxVIPDined on 9/21/2012Excellent food, beginning to end. The only gripe, and a small one, was the overall noise level - it was pretty loud, even when it wasn't nearly full. But we will definitely be back for the food.Special Features:
- Weekend music outside hasSteveVIPDined on 9/14/2012Weekend music outside has been great all summer. Food & service both excellentSpecial Features:
- Our server was excellent andla2917Dined on 9/8/2012Our server was excellent and did her best to minimize the impact of it taking 20 min for our drinks to arrive and over an hour between appetizer and dinner. Dining in a leisurely way is lovely, but when the live music is so loud that it seems like you're in a music venue (you can barely hear your companion talk), an overall time of 2 hours (for 2 drinks, 1 appetizer, and 2 main courses) is just not acceptable. We had the scallops and paella which were both tasty, but I'm not sure we'll be back.
- As always, the food and servicevandyVIPDined on 8/26/2012As always, the food and service was very pleasing. We will always return! I think it has done a better job with cuisine lately. They are striving towards higher excellence!Special Features:
- This is one of the top 6 restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2012This is one of the top 6 restaurants in the Portland suburbs.Special Features:
- The menu has been dumbed downOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012The menu has been dumbed down to attract a wider patronage, but that's not why it used to be such a good restaurant. Also, it's very noisy so hard to hear your dining guests.
- I have never had a meal thatcherylDined on 8/18/2012I have never had a meal that wasn't perfectly done and delicious. I love all the special touches such as homemade ketchup, pickles, ice cream and french fries.Special Features:
- The food quality is very goodvandyVIPDined on 7/22/2012The food quality is very good and prepared in clever ways. It is priced properly. This is a great go-to restaurant for a fresh, simple, tasty meal. We continue to return and always find delicious specials featuring seasonal foods.Special Features:
- Waiter w/o PassionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2012Terrible service. First time for 2 foodies used to traveling into PDX for great dinners. Only one other couple at 6:00 on a Thursday, waiter took our order and never visited us voluntarily again, even after dropping off steak (ordered medium rare, was almost raw in middle). Had to flag down to get steak recooked and again to request desert menu (waiter never returned to ask if we wanted desert or another cocktail)again to request salt. Food here is well prepared but pricely so I expect to be waited on and this was a dissappointmen; we will not return
- Not as good as I hoped itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/8/2012Not as good as I hoped it would be. Ordered Salt and Pepper Calamari and couldn't find either the salt or the pepper. Other menu items ordered...hit and miss. Also, hot evening and the air conditioning, if they had it, did not keep the room comfortable.
- Meet you thereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2012Enjoyable, reasonable, casual place to meet and eat.Special Features:
- The food and ambience wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012The food and ambience were inviting and well worth the price. The Muy Caliente Margarita was a bit too spicy for my taste, but the wait staff quickly replaced with a regular margarita within minutes.Special Features:
- We're new to the West LinnFit4foodieVIPDined on 6/14/2012We're new to the West Linn neighborhood, but the 503 has become our "Go To" standard for dependable and reliable quality of service and food. This visit was to celebrate a birthday. Our group of 8 was disjointed in arrival times, but the staff acted smoothly and expeditiously to get everyone comfortably settled as they arrived. The knowledgable service staff helped with wine pairings, and there was no fuss over the group's sharing appetizers and entrees "a la family style." Although no one was informed this was a special occasion, attentive wait staff had overheard the conversation, and ended the evening with a pleasant birthday wish and surprise dessert treat. A memorable evening with family and friends which we have all reminisced over!Special Features:
- Used to have a better menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012Used to have a better menu. It seems to have been dumbed down somewhat.
- We went on a Sunday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2012We went on a Sunday night for our first time ever at 5-0-3. It was bustling but not crowded, we were seated right away, the cocktails were creatively mixed and reasonably priced, and the food was exceptionally good. I requested vegan food when I made the reservation, and we were told the soup of the day was a vegan curry-carrot, which was amazing. A very nice accommodation for a restaurant that doesn't really have anything vegan on the menu but is willing to provide good options.Special Features:
- Quick attentive service andFit4foodieVIPDined on 4/24/2012Quick attentive service and tasty appetizers and entrees were the hallmarks of our first visit to 5-0-3. They have made a reasonable attempt to partition themselves off from the rest of the strip mall they are located in by a row of potted trees which marks entry to their outdoor tables and chairs. Portion size on appetizers were reasonable for prices. A nice overall first visit.Special Features:
- Not very many beer selections.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/31/2012Not very many beer selections. The good was good. The service was good. I liked it.
- Still love the service andJBirdieVIPDined on 3/23/2012Still love the service and the menu. Great spot to wind down after a week of work. Fish tacos and Mac/Cheese a hit!Special Features:
- Their small plate menu wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2012Their small plate menu was very accurate - took a lot of food to feel satisfied. Prices on the higher side for what you get. Called to change my open table reservation and they said they didn't have it but would look for it. When we arrived they said they didn't have a reservation for Alex McCoy. You may want to check to make sure the open table reservation system actually works.Special Features:
- 5-0-3 is known for excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/20125-0-3 is known for excellent food. The Tuna special was prepared perfectly and the reliable standby Linguini and Clams was as good as ever. The homemade chicken soup was oustanding.Special Features:
- 503 is a great neighborhoodkathi37Dined on 2/8/2012503 is a great neighborhood spot, but the quality is generally up to downtown Portland standards. The staff always strive to give the best dining experience possible.Special Features:
- Small plates really great.JBirdieVIPDined on 12/30/2011Small plates really great. Smoked Tuna Tacos were a highlight as was the Mac and Cheese. Definitely will go back!Special Features:
- The new small plate menu waseyewolfVIPDined on 12/21/2011The new small plate menu was very fun. Everything we ordered was good. Owner was very personable, waiter was a little confused at times but a nice evening.Special Features:
- Nice place, really surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/17/2011Nice place, really surprised with the quality preparation and presentation of the food. A definitely welcome addition to the rather sparse West Linn dining options. I will definitely go again.Special Features: