Storm Rhum Bar and Bistro
125 S Lexington Ave Suite 103
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Storm Rhum Bar and Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stormrhumbar.com/
- Phone: 8285058560x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Hours Full Menu:
Sun - Weds: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Thurs - Sat: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Late Night Dinner Menu:
Sun - Weds: 10:00pm - 1:00am
Thurs - Sat: 11:00pm - 1:00am
Sun - Sat: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Owen McGlynn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Weekly Specials:
Sunday: Industry Night --- Half off all well liquor, beer, and glasses of wine!
Monday: Beer and Burger Night --- One draft beer and burger for $10!
Tuesday: Half of Wine Night --- All bottles wine for half the price!
Thursday: Half off Starters Hour --- All snacks and small plates for half the price (excluding the charcuterie and cheese plates) from 5:00pm to 6:00pm !
- Cross Street: Hilliard Ave and Lexington Ave
- Public Transit: 6 minute walk from the ART Station.
From the ART Station head south on Coxe Ave towards Aston St.
Turn left on Aston St.
Turn Right onto S Lexington and follow to 125 S Lexington Ave!
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Free Parking in our private lot on Lexington Ave across from our patio, look for the star murals on the walls!
A word from Storm Rhum Bar and Bistro
Storm Rhum Bar & Bistro is a unique dining and bar experience offering an exciting approach to food and drink. Inspired by classic southern dishes, Chef Owen McGlynn sources from local farms to provide delicious New American fare. With one of the largest rum selections in NC, Storm has a flavor and style for everyone! We feature creative craft cocktails, pre-prohibition classics, local beers and delectable wines. At Storm, we believe that the most interesting places can inspire creativity, imagination and ideas. Places with an authentic style draw the most intriguing people, stimulate lively conversation and become a backdrop for the unexpected.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Storm Rhum Bar and Bistro - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Storm Rhum Bar and Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (43)neighborhood gem (36)great for outdoor dining (32)special occasion (23)good for groups (19)romantic (18)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (16)hot spot (11)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great meal!chubbydudeDined on 5/25/2014A friend once told me "always order the specials when dining at a good places so to get to eat what the chef is excited about and never be disappointed". This has been true every time I have eaten at Storm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Asheville RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014Always a great place to eat and have a hand crafted cocktail. Wish we could make it there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More, please!agoodeaterDined on 5/17/2014Our dinner at Storm far exceeded our expectations! Great service and imaginative but delicious food. Great decor. Want to come back to study the Storm pictures on the wall...Special Features:
- Great Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014The staff at Storm took great care of us for a 30th birthday dinner. We had a blast tasting different small plates and entrees. Thank you all for a great night! We enjoyed trying 2 different rum flights too.Special Features:
- Great spot for a party!AshevilleDinerDined on 5/10/2014I was at Storm on Saturday night with a group of 7 girls for a party. Our table was ready when we arrived, and our server was fantastic. The drink special was a hit, and everybody's food was excellent. It's a bit noisy inside the restaurant, but not too bad. The host and our server made space for us outside and sent someone out to light the exterior fireplace for us so we could continue to enjoy drinks after dinner. Overall an excellent experience for our group!Special Features:
- Great Night OutGregDined on 5/3/2014Great service and food, reasonably priced for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place.rvankoeDined on 5/2/2014Good food, great service and a nice decore. A verl pleasant experience.Special Features:
- One of the best in AshevilleLovegoodfoodDined on 5/2/2014This was our third time at Storm and we yet again absolutely loved it. We started with the mac and cheese and the soup of the day (O'henry sweet potato and onion) - both were delicious. The mac and cheese is the best I've ever had. For the entree I had the duck and my wife had the triggerfish. The duck was cooked perfectly and my wife thoroughly enjoyed the fish. For dessert we had the raspberry panna cotta - again, delicious. Overall Storm is one of our favorite spots in town and we would recommend it to anyone wanting a great meal cooked with spectacular and local ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerFoodieSNSDined on 4/25/2014Service was impeccable with Carter. We had a party of 6, the restaurant accommodated everyone. This is a wonderful spot to sample the Asheville food scene. Fresh, delicious, authentic.Special Features:
- OutstandingBuckleyDined on 4/25/2014Chose Strom Rhum Bar and Bistro from a long list of recommended restaurants in Asheville and we were glad we did. Every course was in credible. Bacon boiled peanuts were terrific. Ricotta stuffed gnocchi was unreal. And our main courses gulf red fish and petite filet were well portioned and delicious. We finished with a rhubarb panna cotta was icing on the cake so to speak. And all of this in a well decorated dining area with great service. Highly recommend for special occasions. And prices were reasonable. Have spent much more and gotten much less.Special Features:
- WonderfulLetseatVIPDined on 4/24/2014Another fabulous dinner. Always makes us smile. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent except for being rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014The food and atmosphere were phenomenal! Unfortunately, our server rushed us to order (while delivering our appetizers and after my boyfriend told her TWICE that we were in NO HURRY. It was not even 7pm and none of the four tables on either side of up were taken the entire time we were there! I read this same comment of others' experience. That definiately needs to be addressed!Special Features:
- FOOD SUBSTITUTIONAshevilleFoodieDined on 4/6/2014Ordered beef short ribs. Got dense piece of a roast cut to resemble a boneless short rib which was tough and tasteless. Had a cheese plate appetizer where one block of cheese was mostly hard rind. Didn't want to make a fuss as this dinner was a treat from a visiting elderly friend who doesn't handle conflict well. Been to restaurant a number of times but won't return. Will let all our foodie friends know of our experience.
- Great all-around!laurajeanrcDined on 4/2/2014Our group of four all had different tastes -- some more adventurous than others. The menu is creative enough to satisfy those looking for something new, yet not so intimidating that those who just wanted a delicious, well-prepared meal didn't also come away very pleased. We all commented how the tastes of the varied ingredients in our dishes really 'popped.' Although prices are on the high end of what we normally spend for a 'regular' night out, we will definitely return. Great food, service and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!JohnSDined on 3/27/2014Wonderfully creative cooking from snacks to starters to mains to desserts. Very appealing variety on menu. We'll be back!Special Features:
- service was impecible. butjoeyDined on 3/24/2014service was impecible. but there was a hair in my burger and the buns (all around our table) were stale. Too bad....Special Features:
- Just not me...I thinkZNativeDined on 3/20/2014Their food is...simple. I'm looking (at dinner) for dinner items. Not burgers and whatnot. The food doesn't fit the nice ambience and great service.
- Just okaycd123Dined on 3/16/2014Drinks are great here, but food is mediocre at best. Nice atmosphere, and good service, just lacking in the food department. Looks like they have a nice outdoor area, so would probably be a good spring/summer spot especially for drinks and before Orange Peel spot.Special Features:
- Special eveninglovetoeatDined on 3/15/2014This restaurant was perfect for our anniversary. I had flowers sent to the restaurant early from Gardeners Cottage in Biltmore Village, the hostess called ahead to confirm they had arrived and went through the tables available to ensure it was a perfect evening. We arrived, they welcomed us by name and told my wife happy anniversary. The flowers were at a great table tucked in a romantic corner. The server, Cocoa, was awesome. She knew the menu, recommended great appetizers and helped to make our evening perfect. The Manager stopped by to wish us a happy anniversary and gave us a dessert to celebrate. Thank you for a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another nice meal at Rhum BarRFWilsonDined on 3/7/2014As usual, a very good meal. Friend had scallops which she said were very good. I had lamb burger. All the burgers here are great! Very nice and reasonable glass of Tempranillo. Like many trendy places with hard wood floors and no wall coverings, it's not a very quiet place. We were seated near the kitchen door which, while better than the door to the outside (away from which I'd asked we be seated) nonetheless had substantial traffic. I will go back.(And the $10.00 Monday Burger and Beer special is a great deal.)Special Features:
- Customer orientedbisbobVIPDined on 3/5/2014Delivery of food was slow due to chef problems. We were in no hurry and did not complain at all. Still, waiter apologized and comped us a free dessert. Which was delivered by the manager. A nice gesture by acknowledging the service quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hits the right notesSalornaDined on 3/2/2014Vintage hints with soft filament lights and an antique mantel with a roaring fire, and muted colors coddle you for a pleasant evening. Service was excellent and the food quite good and competitive to the high standards of better Asheville restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Romantic!AnonDined on 2/27/2014This place has great food, amazing drinks, a wonderful staff, and a very romantic atmosphere! I proposed here, and they helped me out so much, and made that night so memorable I will never forget it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little disappointedABK1234Dined on 2/22/2014I was really excited to try this restaurant due to the good reviews but we didn't have the greatest experience unfortunately. Ordered the squid which came out undercooked and inedible. The manager was very nice about it and got us some shrimp instead which was overcooked. Ordered the duck to share which neither of us cared for. However, tasted my Aunt's lamb which was excellent. Also really enjoyed the sweet potato soup. Manager also mentioned they were training a new chef so we might have just hit it on the wrong day. Great ambiance.Special Features:
- Nice surprise in a foodie cityKayakgirlVIPDined on 2/16/2014We tried Storm for something new in Asheville - so many wonderful places to eat. What a nice surprise - although they are somewhat lower on the radar, the atmosphere was really nice, and the food and cocktails just fantastic. This won't be our last trip to Storm! Also great that they take reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trying to hardAshevilleMikeDined on 2/15/2014This is the third visit for me at Storm. I would not recommend the restaurant. The chefs or owners are pushing odd menus. My last visit I chose the beef short ribs. They were tough as a shoe. I decided to try it again on Saturday night. The menu consist of radish appetizers, charred octopus, and sweetbreads. I chose a charcuterie instead, playing it safe. I was served with pate made of chicken liver and lamb brains, a glob of rabbits, and other unidentifiable meats. I also ordered a hamburger with fry's. The meats was gross and odd. I could not eat it. My partner ordered chicken. I was not acceptable. If you want to there and drink with friends, good deal. Don't eat. Just enjoy the atmosphere. Its acceptable.
- date nightlunchforworkVIPDined on 2/15/2014This was a great restaurant. We enjoyed everything from the butternut squash soup which i think we could have ate the whole pot to the brownie with spice ice cream!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy!!TravelerVIPDined on 2/15/2014It was so loud, I couldn't hear my friend who was sitting opposite me. A couple at the next table agreed. We asked three times to be moved. We sat at the bar, which was much quieter. The food was good.Special Features:
- Great food, rum, but too loudCandace1963Dined on 2/15/2014We really enjoyed Storm--local food expertly crafted, knowledgable staff, great rum selection. Noise was almost unbearable. At first it was one large party, and we were told it would quiet down when they left. Which it did. Until the next large party arrived. It took us two hours (from the time we sat down) to get our entrees, which was also problematic. Perhaps the large party idea is not a good one for this space?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, little noisyChrisDined on 2/15/2014Overall our experience and Storm was excellent. It did get a little loud as the place filled up but the noise only came from a couple of large groups. The food was incredible and the service was great. Would definitely recommend and/or return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretentious Valentine's Price GougejgilesDined on 2/14/2014Over priced three course small plate meal (because its valentines day) Appetizers were the best but the wait till small plate entree was 30 minutes, need to fire that ticket faster chef. Dry sauceless duck, not med-rare like i want, salty scallops on lentils? come on, lol. Red velvet cheesecake was the size of a silver dollars, served with blueberries, thats it. It was funny to see our long entree wait and then after realizing we had been there for 1.5 hours, the manager rushed our dessert while we were eating entrees. Obviously they realized,, hey, we have another reservation behind this couple, lets hurry them out the door! I asked for a to go box for both our entrees and left them on the table, and walked out. Will never go back.Special Features:
- ExcellentAshevilleFoodieVIPDined on 1/27/2014Excellent food and service with a creative menu and nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2014A large party just seated slowed the kitchen down a bit, but with the atmosphere and friendly staff, this was not a problem. The rhum cocktails are amazing, and the appetizers were ample and delicious. Entrees were amazing as well. The amount of food was just right, leaving us pleasantly full. The presentation was beautiful, with a little edge. One complaint was that the pork shoulder dish could have used a bit more parsnip mash because it went so well with the dish overall. We were treated to champagne and enjoyed French press coffee with our desserts. Dessert was just OK--blueberry ice cream was great and butterscotch flan was light and tasty, but the rhum cake was just bad--dry and over done along the edges with too little rhum.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekgoodfoodDined on 1/23/2014Food was excellent except for the desserts. Our group tried all the choices and liked everything except the desserts. They were the only disappointing note to a wonderful dinner. I would go back. The rum drinks, appetizers, and entrees were delicious. Our server was knowledgeable and very attentive. The live music was a wonderful addition to our dinner.Special Features:
- Surprise stormAshevillenutDined on 1/22/2014I was happily surprised with the food at the rhum bar and bistro. I had been there only for a drink about a year ago and figured it was mostly about the bar. However when I went for dinner as part of my participation in restaurant week, I came to understand that the food prepared there is exceptionally good. The baby arugula salad was outstanding; the dressing was delicious and just the right amount had been applied to the salad. I enjoyed the sheepshead fish which came with oyster mushrooms and those items were over the best grits I have ever eaten (and I'm from the south). My friends both had steaks and both said it was the best steak they had ever had. We all enjoyed the brownie we ordered for dessert. Mushrooms were from Mushroom CentrlSpecial Features:
- Second visit in 5 weeks andavlfoodDined on 1/18/2014Second visit in 5 weeks and both have been exceptional-all around. Delicious food and lot of stuff local, which is a big thing in Asheville. It does get noisy but the food is so good you tend to put the noise aside. Decent wine list but exceptional drink list featuring very exciting rum drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific BurgersJMBMDined on 1/17/2014We ordered the beef burger and lamb burger. Both were cooked perfectly as were the fries. The bar is always a great place to hang out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great ambiancemurrayDined on 1/17/2014I love the candles and the fireplace setting. Food is excellent as well and the servers are friendly and most helpful. A favorite of ours in Asheville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but new menu is limitedMelfishDined on 1/10/2014I've been here many times and love it. They have cut back on their menu drastically since the last time I was here. They have very little vegetarian options available (salads mostly) which are unimpressive. To be fair the other menu items looked wonderful. As always. The cocktails and wine list are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesturk322Dined on 1/9/2014As Asheville's restaurant scene continues to get more crowded AND better, Storm remains one of our favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.