Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale
15205 N Kierland Blvd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/
- Phone: 4805053668
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Island Time Happy Hour 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kouri Killmeier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We host parties from 20 people to 200 people on premises. The perfect setting for Birthdays, Rehearsal Dinners and Business Mixers.
- Entertainment: Please contact us for a schedule of our Live Island Music
- Special Events: Join us for Island Time, Tommy's version of Happy Hour with reduced prices on drinks and appetizers. EVERYDAY 3-6pm
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (57)special occasion (41)fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (34)romantic (30)scenic view (29)great for lunch (26)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (16)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (11)notable wine list (10)Show More
- mixedJoeTDined on 4/20/2014my compliments to the manager for striving to make our situation better, though I would not allow it. I take customer service seriously anywhere we go for we worked hard for our dollars and do not give it lightly. the first person one meets is always the face of a company and they need to understand this. when a request is made and denied then five minutes later the same is given to another who just walked in has a way of leaving a very bad feeling in ones gut regardless of the excuse one comes up with, regardless. time heals all wounds though for all. again, my compliments to the manager for striving to make the situation correct.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EastergatheringDined on 4/20/2014Table was ready early, waiter was friendly, attentive. Food was perfect.Special Features:
- Nice & RelaxingOnlyYumanDined on 4/19/2014Our Pre-Easter lunch at the Tommy Bahama's in Scottsdale was terrific. There was some confusion at the bottom courtyard as to if we had a reservation but once that confusion was resolved, we were seated in a nice area with ample room for our large party. The food was very good and the service was exceptional. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Good Food, Great Service!emilypDined on 4/18/2014Our party of three enjoyed lunch recently at Tommy Bahamas, (Kierland location). We sat upstairs, and were waited on by "Dave". His menu recomendations and attentions to our every need were superb. The presentation of our food was beautiful, and dessert was devine!!! It was quite busy at lunchtime (12:30 - 1:30), so I recommend using a reservation format to make sure you don't have to wait!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always awesomeCherDined on 4/18/2014This restaurant never let's me down. Ahi Kale Salad amazing. Tried fried yucca fries. Wow! I'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a business lunchTommyFanDined on 4/18/2014We asked for a quiet table for a business lunch and they aced it. The food is very good and the service outstanding. Because the size of the place is large they can accommodate both the tourists on the patio and upper level over looking the hotel and quiet areas in the back. This is my go-to place when I'm in north SD.Special Features:
- A Great Bahama Lunch!Critic4gfoodVIPDined on 4/14/2014My guests and I had a delicious lunch. I enjoyed the Caesar salad w/blackened salmon; my husband had the BBQ pork sandwich, and the other two guests had the burger special with crumbled blue cheese and bacon….yum yum! All in all, the lunch was great!Special Features:
- Disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014A favorite restaurant where the food is great. However for the 2nd time in a row on a weekend, very slow service and no apology this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed as always the greatJoeTDined on 4/11/2014We enjoyed as always the great ambiance that only Tommys seems to pull off. Our meals were unique and tasty and the desserts to die for. We were celebrating a birthday and the staff was very accommodating. We will be back!!Special Features:
- The only thing that made thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2014The only thing that made this experience less than gratifying was what happend with the wine selection. The other gentleman at the table order a $49 bottle of Cohn Silver Label Cabernet. When the waiter came with the wine he came to me rather than the other guy to taste the wine. He showed me the wine before opening to get my approval. I did not look closely at the label and approved the wine. Well the waiter had brought out a $119 bottle of Silver Oak cabernet. We ordered a second bottle. Well when we got the bill we were surprised to say the least. We asked to talk to the manager. He said you approved the wine. He said that is why we show you the bottle. We had to admit that we had seen the bottle and had approved but were disappoineted.Special Features:
- We had a great meal. The foodDaveDined on 4/9/2014We had a great meal. The food was very good and the service matched. We will come back the next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014GREAT PLACE TO BRING FRIENDS AND FAMILY. A THOUGHTFUL GIFT CARD INTRODUCED ME TO THIS PLACE, AND I HAVE BEEN BACK NUMEROUS TIMES TO ENJOY THE WONDERFUL FOOD, ATMOSPHERE, AND GOOD SERVICE. THE FOOD IS OUTSTANDING, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED, I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO EVERYONE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the second story viewsOpenTableBDFVIPDined on 4/6/2014As there are not too many two or three story buildings in Scottsdale, the open porch like feeling looking out on some palm trees and sunset was very nice. I absolutely loved my scallop sliders and my husband said the burger was good. We will be back.Special Features:
- Consistently greatFrequentDinerVIPDined on 4/6/2014I dine at Tommy Bahama's at least once a month. They are consistently excellent. Service always as great as the food. Clearly they are doing something right. I've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodTerry9116Dined on 4/3/2014Our first time at the Tommy Bahamas in Scottsdale but were not disappointed. Excellent happy hour menu with fish tacos a favorite. Dinner service was outstanding. We'd definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as previous visits...VikingGirlVIPDined on 3/31/2014We returned due to terrific ambiance and overall resort-like feel. Previous visits were marked by truly outstanding service matched by the food. This time both were only adequate: Server seemed to disappear leaving our table full of plates throughout the meal. The coconut shrimp remains remarkable, but not so the fish tacos, soup, etc. I called the restaurant to request a table upstairs near the open-wall area, and checked again prior to arriving. When we were seated, there was a table right where we wanted to sit but we were told a "very special party" had requested it. Several other guests also inquired about it, and it was never occupied throughout our 90-min meal. Very disappointing overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in ScottsdaleDaveDined on 3/30/2014We were vacationing in Scottsdale and this restaurant was recommended by the Westin. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here, we were seated upstairs in a porch like setting (that is over the store.) Our server was wonderful, he made some great recommendations. The food was very good, and we enjoyed the complimentary shrimp cerviche. We enjoyed the dinner so much we came back later in the week and had another good experience seated in the outdoor bar area.Special Features:
- Great foodOuttoeatDined on 3/29/2014Ordered lots of different food in our party of nine. Everyone was pleased with their choices,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT (with one small complaint)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2014My friend and I are 75 and 73 years old. I wish all restaurants would listen to this complaint. We KNOW we are not "girls" anymore. I know it's meant to be friendly, just like when a service person calls my husband "young man". It makes us feel patronized and it is condescending. We know it isn't meant to be, but it is. And one small complaint about "Rate your dining experience - Noise Level" How about adding one that says "Too Noisy-I won't be back" What? Nothing between "Energetic" and "Do Not Recall"? All other three categories have a "Poor" rating which probably wouldn't apply in the Noise Level category. Thanks for listening!!!!! Old people get cranky sometimes!Special Features:
- Not recommendedLavelyVIPDined on 3/27/2014Food was good but not great (actually, plantains were great!), their "specialty" coconut shrimp was very average. Service was terribly slow. I think our waitress had too many tables. Will not be going back. Funny side note - they called me one day after I dined there. Asked how was my experience? I told them it was OK and the service was very slow. They ignored the comment and asked if I would like to make another reservation. Very strange. They took the time to call, yet didn't offer any "sorry about that" or free appetizer or something - completely lost any benefit from making the call.
- Another great lunch!DenWPVIPDined on 3/26/2014We had a very nice lunch in an idyllic environment that reminded us of Hawaii. The service was very good, too.Special Features:
- Will be back!Coach4TravelDined on 3/25/20143 of us went here for dinner on a recommendation and the restaurant was a big surprise! Everyone working here was Great and went out of their way to make our experience wonderful. I had a filet and it was cooked to perfection, my wife had the swordfish and said it was the best she ever had. If you have not been here give them a try, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT FOOD ! GREAT AMBIENCE.HUNTERDined on 3/25/2014A GREAT FEELING OF BEING IN THE TROPIC WITH THEIR PATIO DINING. MUSIC IS GREAT AND OVERALL THE FOOD AND SERVICE WERE OUTSTANDING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS FOOD/ EXCELLENT SERVICEdecksitterVIPDined on 3/25/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Tommy Bahama's in Kierland Commons. Brenda, our server, was very helpful in suggesting meal options and a delicious Arizona wine. The coconut shrimp as an appetizer was awesome! Brena was attentive throughout our meal of coffee rubbed rib-eye steak which my husband said was delicious and I found my blackened fish tacos tasty yet light enough that I didn't feel stuffed. We will definitely return on our next trip to Arizona in 2015.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was veryCOdinerDined on 3/22/2014Food and service was very good. Very loud and not in a good way.
- Good central location. BestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2014Good central location. Best seating is second floor by the railing. Seafood very good; shrimp tacos and the Thai shrimp & scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphere!DenWPVIPDined on 3/21/2014I always want to dine here if it is convenient when I am visiting a city with a TB restaurant. The atmosphere is so fun & I feel like I am in Hawaii, at least for an hour. The small plates & wine were all good, as was the side of grilled asparagus, but our waitress was testy and clearly too busy. I felt sorry for her, but it still took away from our dining experience.Special Features:
- Jewel in the DesertMDA1Dined on 3/21/2014Always a good experience at this Tommy's. Relaxed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- island retreatkat5Dined on 3/18/2014I try something new each time I come here and everything had been outstanding! Delightful open air upstairs with beautiful sunset views. Impeccable service. We love our local "island retreat".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomejoshDined on 3/15/2014My wife and I were on our honeymoon. I just have to say the customer service was outstanding. The food was too die for and the desert was heaven. The pina colada cake was the highlight of the night. Emily our server was amazing and was such a delight for our evening. Can't say enough about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tommy needs noise reductionDennisSVIPDined on 3/13/2014Despite the good food and service, the noise level upstairs was too much to take.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island in the sunlarryDined on 3/13/2014The cheerful staff,decor, music and surroundings accentuated by the setting sun bring on a Caribbean feel to the the entire dining experience.Special Features:
- Great choiceSmileDalDrDined on 3/12/2014Our first time at TB's , enjoyed every part of dinner . Only had a few days in Az ( we are from Chicago) - glad we chose this place . The pineapple creme brûlée is to die for - I would make a trip back Just to have this desert again ! It was our waitress's second day on the job . She made a couple mistakes , but corrected them immediately . She was very attentive and her enthusiasm more then made up for her lack of experience. ! I chose the pork tenderloin , my date had the ribs . We actually contemplated licking our plates - So delicious ! Still thinking about desert - if only I could have it shipped to Chicago :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingartkVIPDined on 3/10/2014I had the pasta special. Pappardelle with lobster and a poached egg on top. The lobster was chewy and the poached egg was hard boiled. The server did a good job.
- Great place!floatingdocDined on 3/9/2014Shrimp tacos and crab bisque are fantastic! Solid restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Packed Patio Seating - Nice WeatherLive4FoodVIPDined on 3/9/2014Be prepared to wait...at noon they are slammed. We reserved a table for 4 for noon using OpenTable and I asked in the notes for a patio table. When we got there, they placed was packed and we were told it would be 25 min even though she saw my note. Apparently using OpenTable for outdoor seating meant nothing. We actually waited 1 hr for our table, they got drinks out of us in the bar and my other friends were none too happy. I went down to check on status at least 4 times. The last time I went down all the tables were empty and they were slowly working to clear them. Not very happy with this experience but at least the food was good. Service was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!CarolEPVIPDined on 3/6/2014Even though they had a huge event going with Willie Mays (back in March), our table in our part of the restaurant didn't miss a beat. I love the unique menu options with a tropical twist (just like the decor of course), while some friends still like the steak (Expresso dusted, I believe). Servers always well-trained and attentive. Desserts are worth staying for too! We stop by whenever we're in town. I always enjoy a bit of shopping in their downstairs store on the way in or out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just wanted dinnerTouristaDined on 3/5/2014We were hungry from a long day of golf so the waitress's "overview" of the menu was a bit much; we could read it (especially since all the things she pointed out contained shellfish and I am very allergic to shellfish). She said she would get us some bread but it did not show up until the appetizer course. My husband enjoyed his chicken dish much more than I enjoyed the salmon. I thought the fish portion was very small and there was an overwhelming amount of broccoli rabe on both dishes. There was something crunchy in my couscous, perhaps the bacon?, that made for an odd texture. I asked for a quiet table and they did give us a booth--- unfortunately, it probably had most of the traffic to the whole second floor going by.
- Relaxing TimeAndiVIPDined on 2/28/2014I love the setting of this restaurant. The space is outside/inside and we were on the second floor which is optimum. They serve the best coconut shrimp of any place we've been. The desserts are wonderful as well. We always look forward to dining here when we come to Arizona.Special Features:
- Fun Times!ParkersDined on 2/25/2014We love Tommy Bahamas and look forward to both eating and shopping there. This visit neither my husband or myself weren't very hungry so he had the scallop sliders from the appetizer list which he thoroughly enjoyed. I had the Bungalow Salad which was delicious. Our server was awesome and took great care of us. We were both a little tired after our busy day so the noise was a little bothersome but we still enjoyed our visit. Following our meal, a walk through Kierland Commons was the perfect ending to a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.