253 Hanover St., 2nd Flr.
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arianorthend.com/
- Phone: 6177421276x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jason Tucker and Clayton Goncalves
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Aria Trattoria is happy to provide catering options upon request.
- Private Party Facilities: Aria Trattoria is the perfect destination for your party, whether it may be a small intimate affair or a gathering of up to 46.
Aria's intimate and charming second floor dining room which boasts views of bustling Hanover Street, an open kitchen and a fireplace.
Whatever your private party needs, we are here to accommodate you with the warm hospitality and delicious cuisine you have come to expect from us.
- Private Party Contact: Massimo Tiberi 6177421276x
- Special Events: Fare un Viaggio
Let us take u on a delectable voyage through italy. Indulge your adventurous side with a three course meal designed by our talented culinary team. Each table will get appetizers, a touch of pasta for the table and a different entree for all, Bon Viaggio!!!!
$55 per person, exclusive of beverage, tax and gratuity
wine flight to match $30 per person
A word from Aria Trattoria
Located in Boston's historic North End, Aria Trattoria features a mix of modern and old world Italian cuisine while paying homage to Massimo family roots from abruzzi influences. The menu is built on a foundation of simple, fresh pastas and antipasti, as well as a healthy dose of grilled meats, fish, and poultry dishes. Well-loved favorites like limoncello marinated shrimp, Cavetelli con Agnello, and massimo's grandmother's PorchettaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Aria Trattoria - Best Restaurants in North End ›
Aria Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (64)fit for foodies (61)romantic (53)special occasion (47)notable wine list (38)scenic view (16)hot spot (10)good for groups (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Tour of ItalysofarsogoodVIPDined on 3/1/2014We were seated right away, service was great. we opted to have the Tour of Italy letting the chef prepare our 3 course mael. The Meatballs and shrimp apps were great, then the pasta exceptional, the our meal. mine was scallops and my hubby got rib eye. both were exceptional. the wait staff was very good and we really enjoyed our mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerobsDined on 3/1/2014Decided to try Aria before heading to the Saturday night Celtics' game. Couldn't have had a better pre-game experience - food was delicious, service was great. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/28/2014We were looking for a new place to try in the North End and gave this recent opening a chance. The food was mediocre at best, and definitely not good value for what they are charging. Also, we came on a Friday evening and the space got uncomfortably loud. We will not be coming here again. Too many other choices in the North End at this price point with much more pleasant ambiance and better food.Special Features:
- North End GemJoeMVIPDined on 2/22/2014Frequent Boston and been to many restaurants. This one is by far one of the best. From the greeting at the door to the lemoncello, this was a dining experience. The food and wait staff were excellent.Special Features:
- NicccceeeeCoolDined on 2/22/2014This was a great restaurant and the service was impeccable. Great view and excellent seafood. Pasta a little too aldente?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingBillpDined on 2/21/2014The Shrimp appetizer was amazing, everything else was just ok. Definitely not worth the prices. I got a pasta bolognese & my girlfriend got raviolis, both dishes were over $20 which is way to high for a bowl of pasta. I would go back to sit at the bar and have some shrimp and a drink but that's about it.Special Features:
- Exceptional diningDonGVIPDined on 2/19/2014Massimo and his team do an outstanding job and the food variety and preparation was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!dmaryDined on 2/16/2014First visit to Aria Trattoria and we were not disappointed. Definitely in the charm of the North End. Smaller, intimate dinning with care. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING GEM!EmmaVIPDined on 2/15/2014Aria is an amazing gem in the North End. The food is delicious, well priced and just plain delicious. Try the pineapple martinis!Special Features:
- Valentines DineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014It was my first time dining in the North End and had decided to go out on a limb and take my girlfriend out for Valentines Dinner. The restaurant was small and cozy. The food was excellent, we left feeling satisfied. Along with our dessert course they gave us complimentary champagne. Our waiter was also very knowledgeable and aided us in choosing a wine. Overall We are very pleased with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DinnerTXGirlVIPDined on 2/14/2014We had the price fixe menu for Valentine's Day this past Friday and we had a great experience. The food really was impeccable, although I felt the portion sizes were a bit large for a four course dinner. I felt bad because I wasn't able to eat everything, even thought it was all very good. They wine list has a variety of options, some at reasonable prices. Service was great. We chose this spot because it was reviewed as the "most romantic place in Boston." I do have to disagree here. The inside is very nice, but as most north end restaurants, it was cramped and loud. Otherwise I had a fantastic time.Special Features:
- V-Day DinnertonydDined on 2/14/2014Valentine's Day is always difficult for these small North End restaurants, but Aria did a good job overall. Wait staff was attentive and friendly. The special menu was very good, and though I liked pasta course, I felt it was a little too al dente for most people. Food was good....not a standout amongst this hub of Italian restaurants, but good just the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try their version of a 3 coursedinesoutalotVIPDined on 2/10/2014Try their version of a 3 course tasting menu fabulousSpecial Features:
- Great new place on the Northend...JPTierneyDined on 2/8/2014We had a very good meal and wonderful experience at Aria Trattoria last weekend. Owner and staff provided excellent service, and the tasting menu provided a wide variety of fabulous choices. A little more space than some of the other Northend spots, a little quieter, and an option that I will go back to soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Placeil2eVIPDined on 2/8/2014I loved this place. It is kind of hidden because it is on a second floor, but it is worth it. Food is good, great service. I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice option in the North EndAesculusDined on 1/29/2014We had dinner for two on a very quiet Wednesday night. Unusually quiet, I thought. Food was creative and delicious. Waiter was very friendly. As we were leaving, the owner came in and made a point to ask how everything was. Kind of crazy how many wonderful restaurants are in such a small area. We will be back to try some of the other wonderful dishes on the menu!Special Features:
- Love it!floridagirlVIPDined on 1/25/2014We were seated immediately & the server was friendly and helpful. Food was delicious and had a great variety of Italian dishes on the menu. Then owner checked in on us and was super friendly. Atmosphere was energetic and while it is a small restaurant and full of energy, it wasn't overwhelming. Will definitely be back on our next trip to Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fare un Viaggio a three courseDTMJRVIPDined on 1/25/2014Fare un Viaggio a three course meal designed by the chef was a wonderful dining experience. Looking forward to my next visit and another dining voyage through Italy!! You will not find a better dining experience than this in the North End. Bon Appetite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take the "tour of Italy"JaxandroroDined on 1/24/2014The owners presence really elevates the quality of your dining experience. He takes the time to personably ensure you are enjoying everything. The tour of Itally is when you let them decide what to bring you for apps, pasta, and a main course. It was wonderful! The food was great and it came out at a nice speed. Not so fast that you feel rushed, but not too slow that you get bored between courses. Not know what's coming out next adds to the excitement of a great dining experience. The portions were also quite generous. I will likely be back with some more foodie friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperiencedmwilkinsonDined on 1/24/2014My Wife and I were looking for a somewhat romantic getaway in Boston and found Aria online. The staff is amazing, authentic and the food experience was untouchable in the North End. Highly recommend this new hot spot in the North End. A must visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Aria Trattoria is small and intimate on the second floor in Boston's North End. Fabulous food and wine, including my favorite; Vino Noble di Montipulciano. The owner greeted us at the door and made sure everything was to our liking. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodevyrexDined on 12/31/2013This was a romantic spot to dine on New Year's Eve. The service was great and the food also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the tasting menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/29/2013The tasting menu was wonderful. Our waiter suggested that the four of us "put the menus down" and let him choose for us, the way they do in Italy. Everything was great, but we especially enjoyed the caprese salad with roasted tomatoes, the shrimp limoncello appetizer, and the osso bucco style pork entree. They even accommodated our friend's gluten free diet wherever possible within the same tasting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2013we enjoyed our Sunday night overlooking the street watching the world go by. Great food - we had the calamari, pasta with clams bolonga and chicken. Very good - we felt was better than Top of the Hub and on par with Four Seasons and #9 Park.Special Features:
- Amazinglove2Dined on 12/14/2013This was our second visit to Aria and I couldn't be happier. The staff is amazing and made us feel like family. We will make it a point to visit on our next visit to Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet SpotCMBHDined on 12/14/2013North End gem of a place. Small and warm in atmosphere. We were welcomed and waited on with genuine care. Menu was carefully prepared with seasonal and local foods, all done to perfection. Our dinners included tasty crafted italian favorites (polenta, broccoli rage, fresh pastas). We were a group of 6 on a weekend night and never felt like we were being rushed despite the busy time. Owner came and introduced himself, we sat near the fireplace, ate and drank to our hearts content and wandered back out into the busy streets of the north end, happy and smiling (the limoncello helped too)!Special Features:
- Unexpected delightLisamikeDined on 12/13/2013Aperol Spritzers a must, the waiter came over and suggested the 3 course meal they pick for you I was like no I not adventurous with my food but my husband said sure lets do it and we trusted them. They did not disappoint the meatballs were amazing, the shrimp dish phenomenal and a caprese salad with the freshest mozzarella and basil very yummy, then came an pasta with pork I loved it. Now for dinner a chicken dish with grilled artichokes and potatoes the chicken melted in my mouth, a pork dish that was fabulous and scallops with spinach it was to die for the food was amazing.I had no room but the men had tiramisu and didn't leave a bite it was great. We will be back not sure if we will tell friends may want to keep this a secret.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Little Gemadvjdv43Dined on 12/7/2013This restaurant was small but very nice. They ingeniously used all the space they had. And the closeness of the tables made for fun and interesting dining. The food was absolutely outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everthing was amazing!! BestdsalDined on 12/7/2013Everthing was amazing!! Best Calamari I've ever had. Will be back for sure..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBezoJrDined on 12/7/2013We tried Aria at the advice of a friend who spends time in the neighborhood. He called it perfectly. We were greeted at the entrance by the proprietor, who took our coats and showed us to the bar. We had a nice glass of wine with a fantastic bartender. There is an item on the menu that allows the staff to choose your meal. It was fantastic, and the only thing that out shined the food was the service. While the place is small and cozy, we never felt rushed or hurried and even lingered for a little after dinner. I can not wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nifty North End DiningDCFoodieDined on 12/6/2013A small and very very crowded set of tables in an unpretentious setting above a pizza place need not stop you from dining at Aria. The space reminds me of small establishments in the West Village of NYC. The owner greeted us as we entered. Lots of folks knew one another . But beware-- this is not a place for casual or intimate conversation . The noise level on the Friday night we dined was off the charts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aria wonderful food and serviceMelemgDined on 12/6/2013We had a most memorable experience at Aria. My husband and I have been wanting to go to Aria for some time and it did not disappoint. We had a great appetizer and meal. Very attentive staff and the owner Massimo is great. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!BostongalVIPDined on 11/30/2013The food is always outstanding! There is a nice variety of items, including vegetarian options. This is fun for going out with friends, nice for special occasions and very romantic for dates.Special Features:
- Excellent all around...bconn61Dined on 11/16/2013Outstanding overall experience. Very friendly and attentive staff. Food was off the charts. They sent us a complimentary dessert because we waited just a few minutes for our reservation which was unnecessary but a very nice touch. Definitely going on our list of 'regulars'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabJD27VIPDined on 11/16/2013Food was superb and matched totally by the service that ran with an outstanding customer service mindset. Everyone worked together as a team to deliver an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a wonderful dining experience!Hospitality1stDined on 11/15/2013WOW! We were greeted by the owner, Massimo, like we were old friends. Our server Tiago was the consummate professional. The truffle pasta was dreamy - the truffles were flown in that day from Umbria! So decadent-we ordered it again. The clams casino are shucked to order and baked to perfection with panko herb breadcrumbs. The seared sea scallops, with white beans and sauteed spinach were perfect. Swordfish was the fish special and served with cauliflower puree, haricots verts, and asparagus. The wine list is reasonable with a wonderful selection. A simple, yet perfect chocolate cake. Our server offered to go to Modern Pastry for us if we wished for cannoli. From start to finish, this was a delicious and perfect dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite in the North EndKlalibDined on 11/10/2013We had friends visiting from Iceland who love the North End experience. We gave this one a try and it was fantastic. It was small, quaint and very personal. The waiter suggested the meatball appetizer which was fantastic. Our server was very nice and made suggestions. The owner Massamo was lovely, introduced himself to each table during the evening. He has been around a while and has taken all his experience from the North End and Italy and brought it to this lovely place. The food was delicious, fresh and beautifully prepared, and I imagine everything on the menu is wonderful. The risotto was the best that I have ever had. We had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2013I was recommended this restaurant by a friend and I couldn't be more pleased. The owner stopped by and personally introduced himself and was extremely friendly. The meat ball appetizers were amazing. Overall and amazing restaurant in the North End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very very good. OwnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2013Food was very very good. Owner was attentive to customers. Wait staff friendly and accomodating. It is a small dining area, seats only around 40 people. When at capacity, it is rather loud.Special Features:
- Lived up to expectation withSquidVIPDined on 10/19/2013Lived up to expectation with food and wine. Hope it is air conditioned in summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.