253 Hanover St., 2nd Flr.
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arianorthend.com/
- Phone: 6177421276x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jason Tucker and Clayton Goncalves
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Aria Trattoria is happy to provide catering options upon request.
- Private Party Facilities: Aria Trattoria is the perfect destination for your party, whether it may be a small intimate affair or a gathering of up to 46.
Aria's intimate and charming second floor dining room which boasts views of bustling Hanover Street, an open kitchen and a fireplace.
Whatever your private party needs, we are here to accommodate you with the warm hospitality and delicious cuisine you have come to expect from us.
- Private Party Contact: Massimo Tiberi 6177421276x
- Special Events: Fare un Viaggio
Let us take u on a delectable voyage through italy. Indulge your adventurous side with a three course meal designed by our talented culinary team. Each table will get appetizers, a touch of pasta for the table and a different entree for all, Bon Viaggio!!!!
$55 per person, exclusive of beverage, tax and gratuity
wine flight to match $30 per person
A word from Aria Trattoria
Located in Boston's historic North End, Aria Trattoria features a mix of modern and old world Italian cuisine while paying homage to Massimo family roots from abruzzi influences. The menu is built on a foundation of simple, fresh pastas and antipasti, as well as a healthy dose of grilled meats, fish, and poultry dishes. Well-loved favorites like limoncello marinated shrimp, Cavetelli con Agnello, and massimo's grandmother's PorchettaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Aria Trattoria - Best Restaurants in North End ›
Aria Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (65)fit for foodies (59)romantic (58)special occasion (49)notable wine list (33)scenic view (14)hot spot (12)late-night find (7)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Worth the visitTleaceDined on 4/9/2014A place to dine at when visiting Boston. If one lives in Boston then you should go often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurantKathrynWVIPDined on 4/5/2014I have been here twice and I don't know that I can say enough good things about this restaurant. The space is adorable, the service is excellent, the staff is friendly, and the food is excellent! The first time we went, we had the 3 course chef selection. The Lemoncello Shrimp is simply one of the best things I have ever eaten. The pasta was fresh and delicious, and the scallops and prime rib was amazing. This time we all enjoyed a pasta dish...and it was excellent. If you are looking for a special night out, I would suggest you go here! Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014The food was excellent, great wine selection and recommendation, and it was very quiet and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nonna Rosalie’s meatballs-the bestsanibelboundVIPDined on 3/28/2014When we arrived we thought what a nice cozy little space. In minutes the place filled up and it was like dining at a Who concert. It was so loud we took our deserts home. Normal conversation is impossible. LOUD isn't a strong enough word. Here it is the next day and I still have a headache. The breakdown: Nonna Rosalie’s meatballs were very good. The Insalata Caprese with local "hairloom tomaotes" (that's how it appeared on the menu) was also very good. The swordfish was terrific. The Rigatoni Bolognese was undercooked and uninspiring. The Torta al Cioccolato and Tiramisu were very good. I wish I had read the reviews before making this reservation. We will not be going back to Aria.Special Features:
- Tried this gem during restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2014Tried this gem during restaurant week and cant wait to return. Service and food were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningMJIFDined on 3/21/2014We live in JP and don't make it to the North End very often. Aria was very much worth the trip. Such a lovely location on the second floor overlooking Hanover Street, The service was impeccable and the food and wine were awesome. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Charming restaurant with great mealNew2townDined on 3/21/2014It was restaurant week in boston and we are new to town. Saw this restaurant on the list and it had wonderful reviews. It did not disappoint. It's a small place so best for no more than 6 maybe 8 . Waiter was attentive and helpful. I had the swordfish special which was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMegTVIPDined on 3/20/2014I tried Aria for the first time with a friend for restaurant week and it was amazing! I live in the northend and have been wanting to try it. We had an amazing meal and bottle of wine. My friend had the lemoncello shrimp, bolognese and tiramisu. I am gluten free and ordered the caprese salad, swordfish and they even substituted a gluten free dessert for me. The service was great & the owner was very attentive and welcoming. Such a great night! I'll definetly be coming back with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FINDFishManDined on 3/16/2014We were in Boston for the international seafood show and wanted to have a nice night with a good quality meal. two of my freinds that live in the area gave us a resturant to try. it was almost above Modern pastry on the second floor. We picked the chef's choice with the wine flight. It was one outstanding, one course after another and each wine choice went perfect with it. They never rushed us and the seating at the front wiindow next to the fireplace toped the night off. I will go back each time I return to Boston. I am in the wholesale seafood business and the fish course was done perfect as well as the rest even the desert. I have been to many resturants on the North End, This is the tops. Perfect Night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but room to improveSdr2VIPDined on 3/15/2014Nice small restaurant (a dozen tables) with some very good menu items. Some items could improve. We ordered the truffle French fries that were saturated with oil, for example. The veal chop was very good. The service was friendly.Special Features:
- DinnerDianeVIPDined on 3/15/2014Did the tasting menu. Choices were excellent but some of the food was not hot
- It was perfect!RoseDined on 3/15/2014This was our first time and it was amazing! First let's start with everyone who was working there. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly. We love to dine when it's a family run experience. Our server Tiago was wonderful. We had the best table in the window and the food was delicious! My husband ordered the veal chop and said it was the best he ever had. Everything we ordered was very delicious. The restaurant is very cozy, great service and excellent food. We cannot wait to go back. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Neighborhood SpotMeggieDined on 3/8/2014We did the Fare un Viaggio and it was awesome - especially for our group of 4. We had a great mix of food to share and enjoyed all of it! My fiance has been dying to try that for months now and we were really happy with what we had.Special Features:
- Great food, warm welcomeanonymousVIPDined on 3/8/2014We both had the three-course tasting menu -- we requested a vegetarian version and that was no problem. I expected that we would each get the same dishes, but for two out of three courses, they were different. This was a pleasant surprise, as it meant we got to try more dishes -- each quite good. First course was pizza for one and Caprese salad for the other, second was a tasty salad with grilled artichokes for both, and last was a simple spaghetti with tomato sauce for one and their mushroom ravioli for the other. We arrived early (around 6:30) on a Saturday night and the noise level was fine for most of our meal, but it was pretty loud when we left. I'd definitely go again, and would go early when it's quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingTaraDined on 3/7/2014Walking into Aria was a pleasant surprise. Friendly faces, impeccable service, and the best meal I have had in a very long time. Not only will I be raving about my experience to friends but I plan on revisiting myself very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely North End romantic gemSCinBostonDined on 3/7/2014Love this 2nd floor restaurant - great ambience, amazing food, and wonderful service. Hi quality ingredients and care in cooking provide a great high end experience. Sadly my veal chop was overcooked this time, hence the 4/5 starts, but everything else was divine. I think it was just a mistake in cooking this once. Love the calamari; the caprese salad with roasted tomatoes was perfect, and their bolognese signature dish is to die for. Certainly pricey, but definitely worth every penny to support this family business.Special Features:
- Delicious food, fantasticgoldenrenDined on 3/3/2014Delicious food, fantastic servicel Both of us ordered the three course tasting, and each course was wonderful. The pasta, with a delicious meat sauce, was superb; the main course included the best pork dish I've eaten, and very good scallops. The server was extremely attentive, helpful in wine suggestions, and very well-paced. We will definitely return next time in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EstablishmentGregBostonDined on 3/1/2014I've been to Aria many times now. It never falls short. Amazing service, amazing food, amazing everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant but the noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/1/2014Great restaurant but the noise level was over the top. We could not even have a conversation with out shouting over the people who were shouting to talk to each other. Pasta was spectacular though!Special Features:
- Tour of ItalysofarsogoodVIPDined on 3/1/2014We were seated right away, service was great. we opted to have the Tour of Italy letting the chef prepare our 3 course mael. The Meatballs and shrimp apps were great, then the pasta exceptional, the our meal. mine was scallops and my hubby got rib eye. both were exceptional. the wait staff was very good and we really enjoyed our mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerobsDined on 3/1/2014Decided to try Aria before heading to the Saturday night Celtics' game. Couldn't have had a better pre-game experience - food was delicious, service was great. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/28/2014We were looking for a new place to try in the North End and gave this recent opening a chance. The food was mediocre at best, and definitely not good value for what they are charging. Also, we came on a Friday evening and the space got uncomfortably loud. We will not be coming here again. Too many other choices in the North End at this price point with much more pleasant ambiance and better food.Special Features:
- North End GemJoeMVIPDined on 2/22/2014Frequent Boston and been to many restaurants. This one is by far one of the best. From the greeting at the door to the lemoncello, this was a dining experience. The food and wait staff were excellent.Special Features:
- NicccceeeeCoolDined on 2/22/2014This was a great restaurant and the service was impeccable. Great view and excellent seafood. Pasta a little too aldente?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingBillpDined on 2/21/2014The Shrimp appetizer was amazing, everything else was just ok. Definitely not worth the prices. I got a pasta bolognese & my girlfriend got raviolis, both dishes were over $20 which is way to high for a bowl of pasta. I would go back to sit at the bar and have some shrimp and a drink but that's about it.Special Features:
- Exceptional diningDonGVIPDined on 2/19/2014Massimo and his team do an outstanding job and the food variety and preparation was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!dmaryDined on 2/16/2014First visit to Aria Trattoria and we were not disappointed. Definitely in the charm of the North End. Smaller, intimate dinning with care. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING GEM!EmmaVIPDined on 2/15/2014Aria is an amazing gem in the North End. The food is delicious, well priced and just plain delicious. Try the pineapple martinis!Special Features:
- Valentines DineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014It was my first time dining in the North End and had decided to go out on a limb and take my girlfriend out for Valentines Dinner. The restaurant was small and cozy. The food was excellent, we left feeling satisfied. Along with our dessert course they gave us complimentary champagne. Our waiter was also very knowledgeable and aided us in choosing a wine. Overall We are very pleased with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DinnerTXGirlVIPDined on 2/14/2014We had the price fixe menu for Valentine's Day this past Friday and we had a great experience. The food really was impeccable, although I felt the portion sizes were a bit large for a four course dinner. I felt bad because I wasn't able to eat everything, even thought it was all very good. They wine list has a variety of options, some at reasonable prices. Service was great. We chose this spot because it was reviewed as the "most romantic place in Boston." I do have to disagree here. The inside is very nice, but as most north end restaurants, it was cramped and loud. Otherwise I had a fantastic time.Special Features:
- V-Day DinnertonydDined on 2/14/2014Valentine's Day is always difficult for these small North End restaurants, but Aria did a good job overall. Wait staff was attentive and friendly. The special menu was very good, and though I liked pasta course, I felt it was a little too al dente for most people. Food was good....not a standout amongst this hub of Italian restaurants, but good just the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try their version of a 3 coursedinesoutalotVIPDined on 2/10/2014Try their version of a 3 course tasting menu fabulousSpecial Features:
- Great new place on the Northend...JPTierneyDined on 2/8/2014We had a very good meal and wonderful experience at Aria Trattoria last weekend. Owner and staff provided excellent service, and the tasting menu provided a wide variety of fabulous choices. A little more space than some of the other Northend spots, a little quieter, and an option that I will go back to soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Placeil2eVIPDined on 2/8/2014I loved this place. It is kind of hidden because it is on a second floor, but it is worth it. Food is good, great service. I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice option in the North EndAesculusDined on 1/29/2014We had dinner for two on a very quiet Wednesday night. Unusually quiet, I thought. Food was creative and delicious. Waiter was very friendly. As we were leaving, the owner came in and made a point to ask how everything was. Kind of crazy how many wonderful restaurants are in such a small area. We will be back to try some of the other wonderful dishes on the menu!Special Features:
- Love it!floridagirlVIPDined on 1/25/2014We were seated immediately & the server was friendly and helpful. Food was delicious and had a great variety of Italian dishes on the menu. Then owner checked in on us and was super friendly. Atmosphere was energetic and while it is a small restaurant and full of energy, it wasn't overwhelming. Will definitely be back on our next trip to Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fare un Viaggio a three courseDTMJRVIPDined on 1/25/2014Fare un Viaggio a three course meal designed by the chef was a wonderful dining experience. Looking forward to my next visit and another dining voyage through Italy!! You will not find a better dining experience than this in the North End. Bon Appetite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take the "tour of Italy"JaxandroroDined on 1/24/2014The owners presence really elevates the quality of your dining experience. He takes the time to personably ensure you are enjoying everything. The tour of Itally is when you let them decide what to bring you for apps, pasta, and a main course. It was wonderful! The food was great and it came out at a nice speed. Not so fast that you feel rushed, but not too slow that you get bored between courses. Not know what's coming out next adds to the excitement of a great dining experience. The portions were also quite generous. I will likely be back with some more foodie friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperiencedmwilkinsonDined on 1/24/2014My Wife and I were looking for a somewhat romantic getaway in Boston and found Aria online. The staff is amazing, authentic and the food experience was untouchable in the North End. Highly recommend this new hot spot in the North End. A must visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Aria Trattoria is small and intimate on the second floor in Boston's North End. Fabulous food and wine, including my favorite; Vino Noble di Montipulciano. The owner greeted us at the door and made sure everything was to our liking. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.