253 Hanover St., 2nd Flr.
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arianorthend.com/
- Phone: 6177421276x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jason Tucker and Clayton Goncalves
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Aria Trattoria is happy to provide catering options upon request.
- Private Party Facilities: Aria Trattoria is the perfect destination for your party, whether it may be a small intimate affair or a gathering of up to 46.
Aria's intimate and charming second floor dining room which boasts views of bustling Hanover Street, an open kitchen and a fireplace.
Whatever your private party needs, we are here to accommodate you with the warm hospitality and delicious cuisine you have come to expect from us.
- Private Party Contact: Massimo Tiberi 6177421276x
- Special Events: Fare un Viaggio
Let us take u on a delectable voyage through italy. Indulge your adventurous side with a three course meal designed by our talented culinary team. Each table will get appetizers, a touch of pasta for the table and a different entree for all, Bon Viaggio!!!!
$55 per person, exclusive of beverage, tax and gratuity
wine flight to match $30 per person
A word from Aria Trattoria
Located in Boston's historic North End, Aria Trattoria features a mix of modern and old world Italian cuisine while paying homage to Massimo family roots from abruzzi influences. The menu is built on a foundation of simple, fresh pastas and antipasti, as well as a healthy dose of grilled meats, fish, and poultry dishes. Well-loved favorites like limoncello marinated shrimp, Cavetelli con Agnello, and massimo's grandmother's PorchettaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Aria Trattoria - Best Restaurants in North End ›
Aria Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)fit for foodies (55)romantic (53)special occasion (45)notable wine list (30)scenic view (13)hot spot (10)late-night find (6)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Superb food and even betterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/11/2008Superb food and even better service - tiny spot- need reservations - loved itSpecial Features:
- The Tagliatelle BologneseOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/7/2008The Tagliatelle Bolognese is out of this world. I would consider flying to Boston from LA just to have it. Saltimbocca made with guinea hen was also a nice surprise.Special Features:
- Not as good as I had hopedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2008Not as good as I had hoped for- small portions w/ not much in the way of side dishes; I guess you need to order them separately, which is not the case in most North End &/or Italian restaurants. But what we did get was very good. Noise level very high, almost to the point of intolerable.Special Features:
- food not as good this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/6/2008food not as good this time around. Thought the veal was over salted and the hen was a bit too rare for me.Special Features:
- We had 2 different kinds ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2008We had 2 different kinds of risottos and both were dry and lacking in taste. Also the mushroowm ragu that came with the Bistecca tasted a little burnt. Everything else were very good.Special Features:
- NOT a genuine Italian restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2008NOT a genuine Italian restaurant, from the over-complicated food to the waiters who can't pronounce the pastas to the misspellings on the menu. The room was nice but the food, what we came for after all, was mediocre and not genuinely Roman, as advertised. To top it off, the wine list was grossly overpriced, even in comparison to SF, where I'm from. I mean $120 for an average Brunello and $85 for an average Nebbiolo? C'mon!
- Seating was cramped at ourOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/28/2008Seating was cramped at our table. We were seated next to a work-related group that was quite noisy. After they departed, the noise level was more moderate.
- We were looking forward toCarolSDined on 5/24/2008We were looking forward to eating at Marco and traveled from Metro West. All four of us were disappointed. Of our two appetizers, only one was delicious. Of our four entrees, not one could be considered gourmet: (fish was dry/bland, veal (scallopini)was fatty and chewy; we were all amazed that not one main course came with either a vegetable nor pasta. Even at 6 p.m. the noise level within the restaurant was bothersome. We won't be back.
- The 32-ounce Biftecca allaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2008The 32-ounce Biftecca alla Fiorentina was decadent and truly a rare find this side of the Atlantic.Special Features:
- I thought the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/15/2008I thought the service was not that great. I would have liked the server to explain the menu a bit more. We were handed the menu and that was about it for service.Special Features:
- After quickly being seatedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2008After quickly being seated we ordered the recommended ricotta and mozzarella fritters which were unfortunately bland and a little heavy for our taste. For entrée’s I ordered the prime sirloin, with mushroom ragu, the mushroom ragu was great, but the sirloin was a little tough. I had also ordered a small portion and they mistakenly brought and charged me for the large. My husband ordered the veal shank, but due to a mistake in the kitchen his dinner arrived 20 minutes after mine. His veal shank was also too tough for our liking. Both entrée’s were quite large but we would have preferred less food with more attention paid to the details. After watched each other eat we were ready to end our dining experience.Special Features:
- Table and menus were dirty.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2008Table and menus were dirty. Artichoke appetizer left spikes on artichoke which cut our mouths. Loud restaurant. Presentation of dishes lacking and minimal. Disappointed that I chose to bring my Mom here for Mother's Day based on the high Zagat rating.Special Features:
- very accommodating with excellentJackVIPDined on 5/10/2008very accommodating with excellent food. large portions and a very interesting wine list with some very affordable wines.
- Our first visit, and we lovedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/9/2008Our first visit, and we loved it! Great service, delicious food, and we loved the sangria! Thanks so much for everything.Special Features:
- While the server was attentive,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2008While the server was attentive, she was too chatty and interrupted our conversation constantly. The wine list was expensive so we asked the server for a suggestion and it was clear she did not have a good understanding of the wines. So we got a very young, wine for an expensive price and it was just ok. The food was very good, but not sure I would rush back.Special Features:
- Great food. A little hardPompanoDined on 5/4/2008Great food. A little hard to find even if you have been there before, but worth the trouble!Special Features:
- Great find. Completely differentOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/4/2008Great find. Completely different vibe than Pigalle, but equally amazing food. And they ain't kidding when they say family-style. Not "Maggiano's" family-style, but real Italian. Everything was great AND, bonus round, we had some pretty amazing doggy bags to bring home! Great service, too. I love it when a waiter says "You can have this or that really expensive wine, but these two also are cheaper and great with just about anything."Special Features:
- This restaurant is wildlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/3/2008This restaurant is wildly overrated. They basically had nothing on the menu that you couldn't get at 50 other restaurants. Try somewhere else next time.
- Although it was noisy, theTravelFoodieVIPDined on 5/2/2008Although it was noisy, the food and service made you forget about it.Special Features:
- Don't think any of above categoriesPattyVIPDined on 5/2/2008Don't think any of above categories apply. Service was pleasant and professional. Home made pasta dish was excellent. Fish and poultry were good. However, food is pricey for quality, ingredients and portion size. Profile should be 3 $ not 2. Dining area is cozy. Unfortunately, there was a graduation party of 12 that was loud and exuberant which dominated the tiny dining room and made conversing difficult for the other diners. Glad we tried it but would not return any time soon.
- I enjoyed my visit. My companionOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/29/2008I enjoyed my visit. My companion found his meal 'fair' and certainly nothing special. Overpriced in his view for the quality of the food.Special Features:
- The food was just wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2008The food was just wonderful. They brought out several platters from the kitchen of meats and cheeses , compliments of the chef. Service was excellent. I recommend going 'family style' on the menu, which is served every Sunday. It is really wonderful. And not very expensive either.Special Features:
- Overall a lovely experienceGourmetAlbaVIPDined on 4/26/2008Overall a lovely experience in the North End, as usual. The menu is still excellent but we were disappointed that the bolognese, previously such a feature, has disappeared (apparently due to a new chef/management). We will return!Special Features:
- Service was attentive in theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/20/2008Service was attentive in the beginning with good explanations by the waiter and food came out well spaced. In the 2nd half, it was difficult to get a waiter or to get a check and this did not appear to be a function of the business of the restaurant since it was less busy during the 2nd half. So for the 1st half of the meal, the rating was very good, but was a fair for the 2nd half.Special Features:
- Thank you for making my carboOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/20/2008Thank you for making my carbo loading before the marathon a very special and memorable event. The chef's special accomodations for me were truly appreciated. I will always remember and be sure to refer friends to Marco's! Keep up the outstanding work!! Mari PetersenSpecial Features:
- Marco is always fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/18/2008Marco is always fantastic. I go there at least twice a month and always have a great experience. The prices are great and the food is wonderful. I'd highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Very attentive staff, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/16/2008Very attentive staff, friendly , knowledgeable. Modified main course to make it gluten free.Special Features:
- There was one large, loudOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/15/2008There was one large, loud table. It's a very nice and intimate room, and the low ceiling and brick walls probably made the noise worse.Special Features:
- Unexpected peaceful placeRobiesloveVIPDined on 4/13/2008Unexpected peaceful place in the Nothe end with great food and service, MargaritaSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and generallyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/12/2008Excellent food and generally attentive staff made for a wonderful dinner. The staff was concientious about my fiancee's nut allergy, and were very informative about the dishes. The space is tight, but that's the North End for you. Also, it would have been nice if we could have been seated further away from the door/bar. But overall, an excellent visit to a North End favorite of ours.Special Features:
- Really first rate preparationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/8/2008Really first rate preparation and execution. A cut above the typical North End Italian experience.Special Features:
- My girlfriend and I alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2008My girlfriend and I always come here for special occasions, and its great every time!Special Features:
- I thought the food was solidOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/29/2008I thought the food was solid but was disappointed that, in light of the way the restaurant described itself, the pasta not fresh. My meal, the carbonara was good but did not taste authentic. On the other hand I thought the spot was great and the service was excellent.
- My reservation was for 9:00.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/21/2008My reservation was for 9:00. I phoned that we might be late. We made better time than expected & arrived @ 9:10. We were not seated until 9:45. It's clear no one was seated ahead of us because we were 10 minutes late. Rather Marco's predicted time between meals was obviously off. We were given a complimentary amuse bouche but that still did not compensate for being told "we'd be seated in a few minutes" when "a few" = 45 minutes. The meal was ok, nothing to get excited about. Noise was to a degree that I wish we had asked to be seated in the "no shouting" section. The espresso took so long to arriveI suspected they were picking the beans. Then I felt like shooting up a signal flare to get our waiter's attention to get the check.
- This is a wonderful secondJBirdVIPDined on 2/28/2008This is a wonderful second floor place in North Boston with outstanding food and service. Everything was wonderful. Setting was nice an quite on the second floor, but still able to see the activity below.Special Features:
- We went on Christmas Eve,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/24/2007We went on Christmas Eve, not a typical dining out night, but a tradition in my family. It's often hard to even find an open restaurant on this date. They had a special traditional Italian XMas eve menu. Very nice. Waitress was helpful and friendly. Very low-key.Special Features:
- Yummy, romantic, rich, delectable,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/11/2007Yummy, romantic, rich, delectable, enough to make me weep - thank youSpecial Features: