161 Second House Road
Montauk, NY 11954Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chelseahotels.com/
- Phone: 6316688249x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 11:30 pm
(Brunch: Sat/Sun: 10:30 am - 2:30 pm)
**Please note that every Tuesday Night is Burger Night, featuring Guest Chefs, Boozy Milkshakes, Live Music, and Delicious Burgers**
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Roy Wohlars
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Ruschmeyer's
At Ruschmeyer's, we focus on using the best local farm ingredients, with an emphasis on Montauk's freshest fish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Ruschmeyer's - Best Restaurants in Montauk ›
Ruschmeyer's reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (22)great for outdoor dining (21)vibrant bar scene (20)good for groups (19)fit for foodies (16)kid-friendly (12)special occasion (11)late-night find (10)romantic (8)neighborhood gem (7)scenic view (6)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- CrowdedlkinelskiVIPDined on 7/27/2013I really like the food at Ruschmeyer's and the overall ambience. The bar on Thursday nights (bingo!) is fabulous, and also pretty good if you go early on a Friday or Saturday. After 9pm on Saturday it is so crowded you cannot move, let alone order a drink. Ruschmeyer's shouldn't let in as many guests in order to preserve the experience of guests in the venue. What a shame!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good option among limited optionsCairotodublinDined on 7/25/2013Great ambiance, and the menu is pretty good compared to what else is available in MTK. The wait staff is your typical beach town lackadaisical quality, so be prepared, but that's part of game here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A poor dining value.JakeDined on 7/24/2013The menu at Ruschmeyers was limited and expensive. The charge for the Swordfish was $29 which was way out of line considering the tiny portion served. The children's menu was also expensive for what was offered. In general the food was mediocre. It's a fun place for the kids to run around, but they can do that just about anywhere.Special Features:
- unfortunately disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2013This restaurant was highly recommended by friends and online reviews; however, the dining experience did not live up to expectations. The outdoor rumshack was closed the night we dined. Drinks were very expensive. The service was horrible. And although the food had the potential for being very good and exotic, the execution was definitely lacking.
- Great MTK dinner...JemmDined on 7/18/2013I enjoyed a very good dinner at Ruschmeyers last week. Their striped bass special was a hit as well and the bacon wrapped fluke served over spinach. Great find in MTK!Special Features:
- Off night?KlegoVIPDined on 7/14/2013We tried Ruschmeyers on a Sunday night to avoid the hundreds of hipsters who frequent the place over the weekend. While the lobster Mac and cheese was off the chart good the rest of our meal as just ok. What staff was seen, seemed like they were still recovering from the weekend. By the time we left the hipsters were rolling in once again.Special Features:
- The food at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2013The food at this restaurant is much better than I thought it would be, considering Ruschmeyer's (the larger hotel, bar, etc.) complex is such a scene. We started with a few really nice local salads. My girlfriend had a coal oven pizza she was happy with. I had a fluke main wrapped in bacon, over spinach, and with spicy tomato sauce on the side it was exceptional. The service is not good here for two reasons. One, they are busy being a scene place in Montauk and could probably use an extra waiter/waitress or two. Second, they have clearly hired for looks not qualifications with their staff. Our waiter had a super chiseled jaw, but I felt like I was teaching him how to be a waiter during our dinner.Special Features:
- Yawn and blah22114Dined on 6/28/2013Almost fell asleep first waiting for our table (which we had reserved) then to order a drink and finally about 50 minutes to get our mediocre food. The volume of the place certainly kept us from falling asleep (and from hearing each other). In fairness, our waiter did offer up a sheepish apology and kept our water glasses nice and full, but at that point we were so hungry and annoyed we just ate what we could manage of our bland food. This time did give us the opportunity to observe the hipster chic pretentious crowd. Only positive is the wine was delightful - oh and the room is beautifully decorated. The outdoor staff was helpful, funny and charming. If only they could trade places with the folks indoors...Special Features:
- Bad Food, Big BillMrsTriderDined on 6/10/2013We ignored all the bad reviews since the people from The Smile had taken over the kitchen. Even though I've never eaten at The Smile, people in NYC love it. Bad move. Bad food. Big bill. After the second course, I felt I owed my husband an apology. The two best things about the evening 1. the ambiance - what a gorgeous space. 2. watching other diners recoil as they bit into their gross food.
- still packing 'em inFLvisitorDined on 6/1/2013Summer 2013 is here, and Ruchmeyers is back. Food still great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs workSandyVIPDined on 5/24/2013More Attention needed on food. Portion size versus price. Wine by glass choices were terrible. Menu limited. Nothing like Smile in NYC.Special Features:
- You pay for ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2013This hot spot is beautifully decorated and the male waiters look like they were taken out of an abercrombie catalog. Yet the food is not the best. And definitely not worth the price tag. Recommend eat elsewhere and come here after dinner for great music an party scene.Special Features:
- Hot spot in MontaukNP22Dined on 9/15/2012Popular spot for a fun evening out in Montauk. Fantastic space with rustic wood finishes with beautiful lighting and a lively atmosphere. Menu and wine list is limited with alot of menu options in the 'comfort food' category - burgers, pizza, etc. Bar area livens up after 11 pm for dancing - the DJ on a Saturday evening in September got the crowd going. Great spot for going out with a group of friends!Special Features:
- All hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2012Hit or miss food. Standoffish waitstaff that seem like they are waiting for some attitude from the trendy, sceney, out-of-place-in-Montauk-looking clientele. I can forgive most anything with incredible food but Ruschmeyer's couldn't deliver. Fresher food better prepared is available elsewhere in Montauk and often at lower prices.
- while they have a limitedjgnyDined on 8/26/2012while they have a limited menu and don't allow any substitutions-the food was fresh and very tasty. The decor is retro hipster fun; the staff young and friendly. Portions are smallish but more than satisfying. The tile fish was particularly great. They have a kids menu but several items on the regular menu are kid-friendly as well. Didn't eat outside but it looked like a nice space with picnic tables. The makeshift beach/bar area is also fun. Great atmosphere and overall a happy place.Special Features:
- The best find of the summerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2012Really was the best and most surprising finds of the summer. Been raving about it to everyone.Special Features:
- Great time, but very veryAlisonVIPDined on 8/25/2012Great time, but very very crowded late night with waits.Special Features:
- Decent, but more trendy than speciasamik83VIPDined on 8/24/2012It's a bit overpriced with a limited, not anything-to-write-home-about menu. The food we did order, the bacon-cheddar cheeseburger and the white clam pizza were very good, as were the margaritas and the service.Special Features:
- GreAt spot but food was onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2012GreAt spot but food was only so so . Service was crazy bad. Waited 45 minutes to b sested even though wehad a reservation. Table service was friendly but clueless. Seems like they have a bunch of untrained kids. Lots of potential but they really need to tighten upSpecial Features:
- Going the way of Surf Lodge...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/17/2012It was my second dining experience here that has prompted me to review. What is a limited yet inriguing menu (with a good vegetarian options and local ingredients) and energetic pre-night-out atmosphere was made almost entirely unpalpable by atrocious service (waiter opened with a statement of how exhausted he was from surfing as a full disclaimer...) rushed coursings and drinks that were far from the artisinal nature implied by the cocktail menu (sweet and sour mix in the "fresh marg" that were undrinkable & which the waiter made no apology or inquiry for when other drinks were ordered). With nothing on the menu I love, a waiter that made me entirely regret my reservation, the convenient location for the evening's itinerary is not enough!Special Features:
- The service at Ruschmeyer'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2012The service at Ruschmeyer's was horrible. We waited 20 minutes to even get water. Our entrees came out while we still has appetizer plates. The waitress's knowledge of food in general was lacking. She messed up our drink order, and couldn't fully remember our food order. The ambiance was nice, and the food was good but overpriced.Special Features:
- Would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2012Small portions high prices and poor service. I would not recommend. Many good restaurants in montauk to choose from
- Ruschmeyer's has great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2012Ruschmeyer's has great food, no doubt about it. Unfortunately, the service experience made my friends and I define this as the worst dining experience we ever had. Our waiter was rarely to be seen, the main course arrived less than two minutes after they cleared our appetizers, and when we stepped out to have a cigarett in the middle of dinner we came back to a cleared table. After the cleared table incident we asked several people to fetch our waiter to order dessert, but he never showed. Unfortunately, this seems to be the rule at Ruschmeyer's - other guests we talked to had similar experiences. Not OK for a place where the check sums up to around 100 bucks per person.
- Very cool looking place, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2012Very cool looking place, great atmosphere, retro bungalows, badmitton courts on premises, food was OK nothing great and very limited menu. Very expensive as well.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/29/2012Great setting; great vibe. Service leaves a lot to be desired. Only 2 dessert choices!?Special Features:
- Good choice in montaukReadyfordinnerVIPDined on 7/26/2012The restaurant had a fun relaxed atmosphere. The kale salad was great, fish was fresh, service was attentive. The menu prices seemed a bit high for the portion sizes.Special Features:
- it was good, except it reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2012it was good, except it really felt like the waiter was rushing us! It was a birthday dinner and we didn't want to eat and run!Special Features:
- Menu is small and innovative.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2012Menu is small and innovative. Fresh berries with coconut cream for dessert is a very light and refreshing (healthy too) choice. Started with seared tuna with watermelon and had the swordfish for the main dish. Really nice meal.
- Food has gone downhill sinceFLvisitorDined on 7/7/2012Food has gone downhill since May. But it's a hot spot, so we put up with itSpecial Features:
- I dont mind high prices forOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/29/2012I dont mind high prices for a great meal, but when coupled with poor service that pretty good entre becomes only so-so and the meal feels way overpriced.Special Features:
- Stretch Hummers and oversalted foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2012Oversalted food, very loud and obnoxious Meat Packing type of crowd. If you're looking for great food, there are some better choices in town. But if you're looking for a bar with overpriced drinks and some cute girls bused in from West Hampton, this is your place.Special Features:
- Quite pricey for Montauk butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2012Quite pricey for Montauk but the food was delicious. We went on a Friday and clearly that wasn't the best night for a crowd.Special Features:
- Soooo rude, never going back!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/9/2012We made a reservation on Opentable for 8 and we show up and the host says the reservation is for 5, so I show him the confirmation email on my blackberry that shows that the reservation is for 8, and he continues to insist that the reservation is for 5. No apology, nothing. All he says is we can sit outside on a picnic table or we can wait 2 hours for a table for 8 inside. Even after 5 more minutes of debating with him, and explaining that the error is clearly on the part of Ruschmeyers since we have proof in writing that the res was for 8, I ask him to simply acknowledge that they made an error and apologize to us, the customers, and he says he won't apologize because he did nothing wrong, and does not offer a solution. After speaking
- Awesome late-night place withRobertVIPDined on 6/8/2012Awesome late-night place with DJ, dance floor, and an outdoor space resembling summer camp.Special Features:
- Spacious dinning area goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2012Spacious dinning area good light with lots of raw wood. Good looking crowd. Kale ceaser salad and sword fish with corn relish was well prepared. Hip and friendly staff. Short but well chosen wine list.. liked!Special Features:
- nothing memorablePeterVIPDined on 9/17/2011Fun spot but at the toll charged cannot suggest this option. My wife ordered a lobster salad special at $34 and it was generous but as my grilled salmon arrived then too and the 1/2 inch wide slice of fish looked like it was a starter (not priced that way) and I couldn't eat slow enough to eat my sliver in more than half the time she took. Appetizer corn and crab is generous, too generous. One starter that could feed four but doesn't warn about that? Very uneven and nothing really was memorable.
- One of Hamptons BestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2011The food was outstanding. Everything we tried, the pizza , the steak the pasta , the kale and especially the deserts were all superb. We were a large group and had a great time. We'll probably be back next week as well.Special Features:
- We went for dinner at 7:00OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/4/2011We went for dinner at 7:00 LD weekend. Great energy and atmosphere, lots of groups, kids running around. Food was delicious - we particularly loved the crab succotash, steak, shrimp curry, burger and reese's sundae.Special Features:
- fun, campy montauk casualOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2011fun, campy montauk casual spot! had a great meal, engaging service and the best blueberry pie i have ever had in my life!Special Features:
- While the hostess was greatLuluDined on 8/21/2011While the hostess was great and very sweet, the waiter was sorley, he ignored us we needed to order, he never appeared, food was delivered very late, his excuse was ordered too many dishes at a time, really unnecessary info, however we really liked the food. Bad music and unnecessary for early diners, start music at 9am, people go early to talk, not to hear some bad sound equipment and a poor singer. Sorry...Special Features: