Popi's Italian Restaurant
3120 South 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19145Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Popi's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.popisrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2157557180
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm- 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer banquet rooms with banquet menus for up to 150 people. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Gina Rucci 2157557180
- Entertainment: Saturday evenings: Live Singing (new & old standards)
- Special Events: Please join us for the Holidays.
A word from Popi's Italian Restaurant
Popi's is a family restaurant serving lunch and dinner. We are family owned and operated and offer private parking, ambience, great food and service. There is a separate entrance for banquets. For your use at Popi's Restaurant Free WiFi is now accessible! Ask your server for password.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Popi's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (22)special occasion (22)fit for foodies (17)romantic (11)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Nothing exceptional aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2009Nothing exceptional about the food, especially for the price. The noise level was so poor that you could barely hear the person next to you and the restaurant wasn't even full. It would be deafening otherwise.
- Always great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/27/2009Always great food and service. Good place for special occasion or groups.Special Features:
- We've had lunch here a numberJerseyGirl1205Dined on 5/20/2009We've had lunch here a number of times over the past few years. We were very disappointed with the amount of food at this last visit. Three members of my party order the crab cake. Although the taste was good, it was rather small. They each received about 6 small French fries on their plates with a tiny serving of cole slaw. The serving of gnochi was very small as well. I realise that Americans generally eat portions that are too large, but this was a big change from what we had experienced in past visits. I ordered chicken marsala which was tasty, but lukewarm, at best.
- Our dinner was spectacular!southphillygirlVIPDined on 5/10/2009Our dinner was spectacular! Our waitress was fantastic and the the service was top-notch. A wonderful Mother's Day meal (crabcakes to die for).Special Features:
- Good food, moderate noise,BabaluDined on 5/2/2009Good food, moderate noise, service was good. Pleasant experience
- Always enjoy coming here.OpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 4/4/2009Always enjoy coming here. They should label menu items that are spicy, my wife's chicken dish had a real bite to it and we had to send it back.Special Features:
- Popi's is a gem. EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2009Popi's is a gem. Everything was superb. I will definetly return and recommend to others.Special Features:
- Everything about Popi's wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/19/2009Everything about Popi's was top notch. Excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/26/2009Great food great service. Our waiter Louie was professional and attentive.Ask for himSpecial Features:
- We had a wonderful Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2009We had a wonderful Valentine's Day dinner. The portions were big and the prices were fair. The atmoshpere was nice too. Gabriel--Special Features:
- We've been to Popi's twice,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2009We've been to Popi's twice, both for Valentine's day. The first time was really nice and the food and service were very good. We had a window table and it wasn't really crowded because we went during the week on Valentine's day. The second time we were seated in their hall. Still at a small table, but it totally lost the romantic ambiance. The food was good but not as good as the first time. Still recommend them, don't go on a holiday.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful ValentinesGourmetEaterDined on 2/14/2009Had a wonderful Valentines Day dinner with my wife after watching an afternoon Flyers game at the Wachovia Center. Food, service and location plus parking were great.Special Features:
- We went at 12:00 pm and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/30/2009We went at 12:00 pm and food was great, parking was included and food came out in a timely manner.I'd go back again but would like to try it in the evening.Special Features:
- Read all my reviews of Popi'sJB22VIPDined on 1/25/2009Read all my reviews of Popi's - they all glow with praise. Know this ... LISTEN TO THE SPECIALS first, then decide. Truly a great, Italian restaurant and one of our favorite family stops when we eat out together. Service is top notch, and they know the difference between a Stiletto and a God Father. A+++Special Features:
- OUR WAITRESS WAS VERY SWEETOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/3/2009OUR WAITRESS WAS VERY SWEET AND HELPFUL.THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT AND THE SETTING WAS WONDERFUL. OVERALL IT WAS AN EXCELLENT DINNER.LOOKING FORWARD TO COMING BACK.Special Features:
- The food was ok. They didOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/13/2008The food was ok. They did not have any extras to make you feel like you had a valued esperience. But the noice level was horrifying. There was a singer with a good voice who had his mic up at concert level. We were not able to talk to each other because we could not hear. We asked the waiter to have him decrease his volume. Did not happen. It ruined the whole reason for getting together. Other diners just became louder to compensate.
- my boss recommended the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/24/2008my boss recommended the restaurant and he was right it was great cant wait to go again
- Been to Popi's many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/12/2008Been to Popi's many times since its major rennovation and have never been disappointed. Our waitress (I think Angelina) was the best.Special Features:
- The food was decent (but expensive!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/9/2008The food was decent (but expensive!), and not warm. The service was terrible. It was a busy night (pre-football game) so the management should have had extra wait staff on duty. If they did, it was NOT enough. We waited an hour for our food. No one checked on us. When they finally did bring the food, they set the tray next to the table and didn't even serve us. We had to put the plates on the table ourselves. It was really an unpleasant experience and I would hesitate to go there again, even under more favorable circumstances.
- Great place to dine beforeDaveVIPDined on 10/27/2008Great place to dine before or after a Phillies,Eagles,Flyers,Sixers game.Special Features:
- Standard South Philly neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/18/2008Standard South Philly neighborhood Italian restaurant, except that it is more spacious than most. Its in the heart of the sports complexes so its not in the social hotspots. Menu has standard grilled meats and seafood, pastas, chicken dishes. Efficient service, food is descent, what I'd expect for a Philly style Italian restaurant. Dinner for 4 with a couple of glasses of wine and dessert was under 200 with tip.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2008This was our first visit to Popi's and I must tell you I am so upset we didn't find it sooner. This restaurant was absolutely fantastic and the staff was very friendly and prompt. I haven;t had food that good in years. Try the crab cakes and the Chicken Nicole(FANTASTIC)!!!!Special Features:
- Food was good and prices fair.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/14/2008Food was good and prices fair. No rush and service was goodSpecial Features:
- We brought our 5 month oldOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/7/2008We brought our 5 month old baby, and the staff were very friendly and welcoming even with our stroller and baby (who was quiet until the end, but then got a little vocal!). The waiter did a great job of going over the specials and making recommendations based on our tastes. Wines by the glass were reasonably priced, and the selection was good. So glad we tried it - worth the drive to South Philly!Special Features:
- Excellent food mixed withjerseygirl70Dined on 9/5/2008Excellent food mixed with beautiful ambiance. Nice choice of wines to compliment dishes. Willing to prepare dishes not on the menu.Special Features:
- One of the worst places I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2008One of the worst places I've been sevice was lousy they put us all the way in the rear with a wobbly table I had to request coffee more than once I will not be dining there again I thought it was nicer when I buried my mom back in 2001 must of been different owners.
- A old South Philly favorite.AndreaLeeDined on 7/19/2008A old South Philly favorite. Ample Parking in their lot or on the street easy access to 76, 95. Great for dinner before an event at the Stadiums. Reecntly redecorated, delicious italian food offering bith traditional and innovative Italian dishes s=using quality ingredents. Can be a bit loud on a Friday or Sat. night. They had a singer the night we dined and you'd have sworn he was Frank himself. Everyone I have ver recommended this place to goes back time and again.Special Features:
- Time spent between coursesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/23/2008Time spent between courses was long but it seemed intentional. Good place for a date or when you want to enjoy your company as much as the food.Special Features:
- Other than the poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/22/2008Other than the poor service (had to ask for bread 3 times, check so late, we finally got up and paid at the bar...we were late for our show which started at 7, we got there at 4:30) , with an empty dining room, they sat 4 women next to a family with 4 very small unhappy children.Special Features:
- Excellent. Always is. MenuJB22VIPDined on 6/15/2008Excellent. Always is. Menu choices this night wandered from the sublime to the supreme as my daughter ordered the dependable crab cakes, my son the veal da mare, my wife the chicken sicilian and me the veal saltimbucca. The appetizers were equally good (clams are always done right) and you'll hate to part with your dipping broth with that great bread.Special Features:
- They stayed open a littleOMGFoodDined on 6/13/2008They stayed open a little later for us which was greatly appreciated. The food was absolutely delicious and we look forward to adding Popi's to our rotation of preferred restaurants.Special Features:
- I have always enjoyed thisbilldDined on 6/6/2008I have always enjoyed this restaurant. It's food is authentic and very enjoyable; it's service is very attentive.
- The food was great and theGlobalTravelerNDinerVIPDined on 5/22/2008The food was great and the service was just excellent! It was a rare gem in a quiet neighborhood in south Philadelphia. I wanted something to eat before I started driving down to Washington D.C. after I had picked up my rental car nearby (it's near the Philadelphia International Airport). It was really worth the stop for this delicious meal and the counteous and exemplary service of my waitress and her assistant. I will definitely go back there if I return to Philadelphia. Thank you.Special Features:
- Over a dozen different visitsJB22VIPDined on 5/13/2008Over a dozen different visits to Popi's ... it never disappoints. From lunch with co-workers, dinner before the game with family and friends, or smoozing a client before heading out on the town - Popi's offers great food served by friendly and knowledgeable wait staff. Best of all Popi's is fair priced, with even their specials - priced at an acceptable range. Warning - all salads - are built for sharing ... if you order a salad, plan on it as a meal or make sure you plan to share.Special Features:
- We had a great time!! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2008We had a great time!! The food and service (John) was excellent!! We will definitely go back for a "Girls Night" out as well as the "Romantic Dinner for Two"!!Special Features:
- Oldy but goody. Only disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/14/2008Oldy but goody. Only disappointing thing was the crab imperial on the menu, should be real!Special Features:
- favorite Italian restaurant.....friHankyVIPDined on 2/10/2008favorite Italian restaurant.....friendly service...like familySpecial Features: