266 Miracle Mile
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.leprovencalrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3054488984x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4
:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Executive Chef: Chef Terrou
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call for assistance
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate parties up to 130 people. You can have a special menu if desired. An example of a group lunch and dinner menu can be viewed on our web site.
- Private Party Contact: France Guillou 3054488984x
A word from Le Provencal
Le Provencal Restaurant serving top quality French food in Coral Gables since 1975. We are conveniently located in the middle of Miracle Mile. With street parking, valet & City garages available. We will pay your parking, 1hr at lunch & 2hrs at dinner in the city garages. We have a full bar, large patio, vegetable meals, French TV, sports and news. Groups & private parties welcome.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Le Provencal - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Le Provencal reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (9)great for outdoor dining (7)romantic (7)special occasion (7)good for groups (5)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Birthday DinnerPeaJayDined on 5/22/2013We had a great birthday dinner with friends. The salmon and Bouillabaisse were especially excellent. The Grand Marnier and chocolate souflles were perfect for dessert. The service and ambience encouraged to enjoy our friends and we lingered at our table for almost three hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2013It feels like an evening in Provence, wonderful food and wine and great service. Quiet so one can have a conversation with dinner mates. Try the Coq au Vin it is wonderful!Special Features:
- French fixPleasedFoodieDined on 5/17/2013It was an enjoyable meal. Try the chocolate souffle!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy and Nice!AnaMoDined on 5/12/2013Our experience for Mother's Day was great. The food was wonderful and the service exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Food FanManuelDined on 5/12/2013Only place in own where I can get truly French Food." Love the ambiance". the service and the excellently prepared menu. Mme France runs the place efficiently and it's committed to quality of food and quality of service. Now that it'sopen on Sundays, I'll be patrnizing it more often Le Provencale? C'est si bon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience. add a niceGillesDined on 4/11/2013Good experience. add a nice business lunch. good food, service and wine listSpecial Features:
- Le Provencal is consistentMoniqueiciVIPDined on 3/30/2013Le Provencal is consistent and a very good value since it isn't totally a la carte - you actually get a potato and veggies - which are fabulous and a little green salad to begin.Special Features:
- Don't miss it!GoldyDined on 3/7/2013This was our first meal at Le Provencal, but it won't be our last! It came highly recommended by friends, who particularly raved about the duck. They were righ on. It was fabulous. While ordering, we were a little disappointed that they did not even offer a small salad, but it is included with all meals and was quite adequate. I also ordered Vichycoise as an appetizer. It was served in a large bowl and I've never had better. Fortunately, no one else ordered an appetizer, so every one shared it with me. One of the owners seated us and was very attentive throughout the evening. The wait staff was well trained. We had no room for dessert, but next time I will save room because the selection looked wonderful.Special Features:
- without a doubt one of theJulioVIPDined on 2/26/2013without a doubt one of the best french restaurant in south florida.Special Features:
- Waitress was very rude, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/17/2013Waitress was very rude, very expensive not worth the food or the price Will not go back and would not recommend to anybody I rated the service poor because there was no lower choice to choose from
- We go to this restaurant quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013We go to this restaurant quite frequently from Kendall. So well worth the ride. The Fish soup in the special menu was below par. Disappointed in the taste and the fact that there were no fish pieces. A bit surprising for a restaurant we really enjoy. Everything else was the usual great taste.Special Features:
- Worth A TryBhmiamiDined on 2/14/2013We were there for Valentines so it was crowded. The tables were close enough that we had a conversation with the couple next to us as though they were seated with us. The menu was a special menu for the occasion. The food was excellent but staff was a little stressed to keep up. We waited quite awhile for our dessert because they forgot we hadn't had ours. When it came it was worth the wait. We will definitely go again on a normal day. The ambiance was like a small cafe .Special Features:
- We found this restaurant byHAJAVIPDined on 1/26/2013We found this restaurant by accident and having lived in France for four years thought we would give it a try. The food, wine, and experience put us back in France for a short while. Sitting outside on the typical French furniture and enjoying a beautiful day and the boulevard were great. I recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:
- French delightEliasVIPDined on 1/13/2013Excellent French fare. Sizes are French. Escargot, frog leg, foi gras and desserts were fantastic. Extensive wine list. Excellent personal attention by the owner.Special Features:
- Excellent, excellent food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2013Excellent, excellent food. One of the best French restaurants I've been to in Miami.Special Features:
- The owner France is a greatJulioVIPDined on 1/5/2013The owner France is a great hostess, I have been going there for 25 years and the food and services are consistly very goodSpecial Features:
- Souflee heavenNYCfoodieVIPDined on 12/29/2012The rack of lamb and the veal chop were excellent, with wonderful sauces. The Grand Marnier souflee was outstanding, and of good size!Special Features:
- food is terrific and so theJulioVIPDined on 12/21/2012food is terrific and so the service, France the owner is a terrific person and their staff make you feel at homeSpecial Features:
- This is an excellent restaurant,connoisseur1VIPDined on 12/15/2012This is an excellent restaurant, which I highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic food and wonderfulDeniseVIPDined on 12/7/2012fantastic food and wonderful service! sitting outside on the sidewalk was like being at a cafe' in Paris!Special Features:
- Our dining experience wasTablehopperVIPDined on 11/24/2012Our dining experience was soured by having to wait 10 minutes or more for the waiter to come by to take our drink orders. They were out of the first bottle of wine we ordered (after another long wait). It was pleasant to sit outside. The menu has a nice variety of dishes. We tried three different soups to start and all were very good. Portions are large, and the food is rich. Our companions especially enjoyed the duck and sea scallops.Special Features:
- We had a problem with ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012We had a problem with our wine order for dinner. We ordered a $30.00 bottle, served a $75.00 bottle, which we did not know about until the bill came. The problem originated when the server verbally stated our wine order in to the owner, without pointing to the item on the wine list. She got the French chateau names wrong. The owner refused to make any discount, in spite of the server’s mistake. Moral of the story: Always keep the wine list in hand until your selected bottle is presented table side. Avoid what could become a colossal mistake and a mammoth bill.
- I appreciated the classicvogelapVIPDined on 10/14/2012I appreciated the classic French items on their menu. Food was okay. Well-prepared, but not high-quality ingredients. Ambiance was marred by the bar with televisions in the front of the restaurant.Special Features:
- My guest, who grew up in France,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2012My guest, who grew up in France, was impressed. The duck was superb - if you have never tried duck, La Provencal is the place for your first taste.Special Features:
- Le Provencal is perhaps theBruniVIPDined on 9/29/2012Le Provencal is perhaps the best French Restaurant in Miami. The food is always good, the service is professional, and the ambiance is as if one were at a restaurant in France. Excellent in every way!Special Features:
- I take my students who achievehistoryteachDined on 9/21/2012I take my students who achieve a 5 on the Advanced Placement U.S. History exam every year to an outstanding dinner. For several years I have chosen Le Provencal because of its wonderful food, location in the center of the Gables, and a casual atmosphere that does not intimidate teenagers. They accomodate my desire for a round table that makes conversation that much easier. The students love trying foods they have never had such as the escargot which they loved, the incredible filet mignon with bernaise sauce, the lobster ravioli, and desserts such as tarte tatin, chocolate mousse, and the bombe of ice cream and merengue. Everyone had an incredible evening and left very pleased with their experience.Special Features:
- I hvae been visiting thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012I hvae been visiting this restaurant for 25 years and last visited in 2008 not aware of their move in 2009. I still loved the new setting don't get me wrong but I miss the feling of being in someone's home...the old location had much more personal touches and charm. I kind of felt that the new location and restaurant became very commercialized. No complaints on the food or service, I also did not recognize any of the familiar faces from the staff from the old place. I fell in love with this place at age 15 still love it at 40. I will be back.Special Features:
- Great meal, will return for more!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2012Went for Miami Spice and had the gazpacho, Beef Wellington, and raspberry sorbet for my meal. We started with an amuse bouche of pork pate, which was delicious but heavy with peppercorn. The gazpacho was delicious, with a heavy tomato base rounded out with hints of citrus and onion. The Wellington was fabulous, it was cooked perfectly and the sauce brought the entree to a higher level. The sorbet was a nice ending to the meal. The ambiance was quaint and our table was intimate, but the restaurant started to get crowded around 8:30. I am interested in returning to order some of the other entrees featured on the regular menu.Special Features:
- overall the dine experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/19/2012overall the dine experience was fine. ihad the lamb which was excellent and my wife had the lobster ravioli, which was also excellent. the desserts could be better.Special Features:
- Great experience at Le ProvencalDopoDined on 8/14/2012Great experience at Le Provencal specially considering that my friend and I asked for the Miami Spice menu. Strange enough very few restaurants are worth going for Miami Spice. Usually you get only one choice of uninteresting appetizers and entrees. At Le Provencal you have three tempting choices in each category. Service is friendly and courteous. I look forward to visit this restaurant again, this time for a regular menu.Special Features:
- The pork osso bucco was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012The pork osso bucco was outstanding!!! Staff was so great!Special Features:
- Decided to try Miami SpiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2012Decided to try Miami Spice lunch because I've never been to this restaurant before. Food was good with large portions and arrived quickly. The trout terrine is not something you usually see- it appeared to have been plated ahead of time and sauced when served- the greens were a bit wilted and the tomato dried out but the sauce was quite tasty. Ribs were fall off the bone tender with a sweet sauce, and a mound of hot crisp fries. This is bistro fare, not Texas barbecue. The floating island meringues were tender but the creme anglaise was more like milk than custard- also appeared to have been made ahead and refrigerated for a while. The restaurant was not busy so the busboy refilled the glasses a little too often but was quick with the checkSpecial Features:
- We went for Bastille Day andMelB1384VIPDined on 7/14/2012We went for Bastille Day and they had an accordion and violin player. Food is great.Special Features:
- Great for Friday night afterOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/6/2012Great for Friday night after work if you don't want to be where there is a noisy bar scene: soft quiet music, great food, efficient attentive staff.
- Relaxing unintimidating greatADiscerningTravelerVIPDined on 7/6/2012Relaxing unintimidating great country food. The Escargot, the endive with walnuts and rocquefort cheese salad were delicious appetizersSpecial Features:
- We've been a customer forDaveDined on 6/30/2012We've been a customer for 25 years. Everything's good, consistent, reliable. Same owner, very nice. I had a veal chop on the special 3-course, $35 meal. My wife did, too, but she didn't like the sauce. She doesn't like very many sauces, prefers very little seasoning.
- A Gables restaurant whereOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/22/2012A Gables restaurant where one can have a private conversation and actually hear the other party.
- The food is excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012The food is excellent and the staff is very attentive, providing excellent and friendly service. I have tried may things on the menu and have enjoyed them all. The atmosphere is pleasant and many of the staff speak French. I would higly recommend Le Provencal.Special Features:
- mediocre food, good serviceshark321Dined on 6/16/2012food was small in portion and nothing to write home about for the price charged.
- It was ok. The service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012It was ok. The service was very good. The appetizer was very good and the dessert was amazing. However, I was disappointed in the duck which was my entree.