STK - NYC - Midtown
1114 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
STK - NYC - Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stkhouse.com/
- Phone: 6466242455x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 5:00PM-11:00PM
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00PM-12:00AM
Outdoor patio open weather permitting
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Liran Mezan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: DJ: Monday- Saturday
- Special Events: Please call 646-666-4510 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from STK - NYC - Midtown
STK artfully blends two concepts into one—the modern steakhouse and a chic lounge. A large central lounge area is furnished with creamy leather banquettes and textured crocodile tiles, and is surrounded by an elevated dining room for more formal dining. Theatrical lights illuminate each table, while a DJ creates an energetic vibe throughout the entire space. STK Midtown is located in Midtown Manhattan, just steps from the bustling Theatre District. STK Midtown includes an outdoor patio and separate bar during summer months. As anticipated, steak is the main attraction. With a female-friendly mindset, STK offers small, medium and large cuts of meat, as well as naturally raised options and market fresh fish entrees. Aside from steak, signature items include Parmesan Truffle Fries; Lil’ BRGs; Shrimp Rice Krispies; Sweet Corn Pudding; and Jump Lump Crab Salad.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
STK - NYC - Midtown - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
STK - NYC - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
281 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (132)special occasion (122)vibrant bar scene (109)good for groups (100)fit for foodies (82)romantic (76)great for lunch (51)late-night find (51)great for outdoor dining (34)neighborhood gem (30)notable wine list (28)great for brunch (13)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- outstandingfelela1Dined on 6/21/2014Then food, drinks and service were impeccable. I was apprehensive about going on a Saturday night but although the dinning area was pretty full we were seated right away. The filet was perfectly cooked and that passion forward was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice place!TheFoodDictatorDined on 6/20/2014Happy Wife! Happy Life. Would recommend this restaurant to my friends and family. The music was over powering, and the service was very professional. We haven't been to a restaurant with a live fireplace, that really made the night special. Look forward to returning in the future, if our economy holds up.Special Features:
- Too loud!LivetoeatVIPDined on 6/19/2014I chose this restaurant based on the OpenTable feedback on the food and ambience. What a mistake!! The food was just OK for the high prices. The noise level was intolerable. The music itself was great but WAY too loud to enjoy the dinner with my business associates. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Good nightsteppinoutVIPDined on 6/19/2014I go to stk regularly and it's always a great time. Megan, the maitre d always takes care of me and Soy, the manager is the best. I especially loved it when the sommelier came to the table and suggested the exact wine I was looking for. (I think his name was Jay.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatsChancePinkMohawkVIPDined on 6/17/2014Great ambiance, Great food, Live DJ and super service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Very good steak house. They have a DJ playing which can be a little loud when trying to have a conversation at your table. Food was very good and the service was great.
- chocolatinaDined on 6/15/2014The ambience was very nice. The waiter Lenny had excellent mannerism and was very friendly. However, the steak was bland. A bone in rib eye should be full of flavor. The creamed spinach was very salty. The food was overpriced and not that great.
- linnieVIPDined on 6/15/2014not distinctive...adequate, overpriced and just not special.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Absolutely loved it here! Food & service was great & the place looks beautiful! Definitely recommended to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foor, high price.notdarkDined on 6/14/2014Steak was excellent. 2 people, one glass of wine each, no appetizer, dessert, or coffee - $200. Entire evening they played 80's music - a bit odd for such a stylish place. Nice staff, timely service.Special Features:
- Great Business VenueKimberlyDined on 6/13/2014"woman friendly steakhouse" I read in a review and they are right. I took a group of women clients and the portions were great for lunch. The atmosphere is modern, expansive and visual pleasing. Service was great.Special Features:
- Business in a Buoyant AtmosphereTonyZonyVIPDined on 6/12/2014I have become a regular at STK for one reason: general manager, Soy Chiever. I have dined at STK with clients 3 out of the last 4 weeks. Her and her staff make you feel like you are a top executive, welcoming and greeting my clients and me every time. The energy and charisma permeates the whole restaurant and comes top down from Soy to the whole staff. Service and steak are always on point. Foie gras and the oysters make me happy while I conduct business in this very energetic atmosphere. There are many places that I can spend my T&E budget. STK midtown has become my go to spot for closing deals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014Turn the music down so people can hear when they're talking at their table...very hard to hearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remove steaks off the menuCulinaryAmbassador1004Dined on 6/9/2014Very disappointing. Enjoyed meatpacking location yet this one in midtown just ripped off (brought dishes that we didn't order) and most of all food quality disgusted. Spent $1,000 to treat special guests but I realized that I had picked the wrong place.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2014If I'm spending $250, I'm leaving full. Food was RIDICULOUSLY overpriced. In my opinion, not worth the money. Waiter was excellent.Special Features:
- AMAZINGLovefood2muchVIPDined on 6/7/2014The food was delicious, the service was outstanding, and the ambience was phenomenal. Went for dinner and I loved it! I can't wait to go back! Compliments to Rachel, our awesome waitress, and to the people who manage this restaurant: GREAT JOB AND KEEP IT UP!Special Features:
- Tasty Food, Great DecorFoodFan14Dined on 6/7/2014I think everything on the menu is delicious at STK. I come to STK when I want to enjoy a fun atmosphere, delicious food, and great service. I mainly visit for afterwork drinks or special occasions. They never disappoint!Special Features:
- Stellar steakFrugalFoodieDined on 6/6/2014Very pleased with my experience here. Great food, great crowd and I love the location. The donuts are outstanding and the drinks are really good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 10 in NYOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014This has become one of my favourite restaurants; I've been to the one in Las Vegas and loved it but this one in NY is definitely the best!!! Great architecture the best service, OMG the food is extremely delicious! worth every cent!!!!! Is a must visit if you're in NY!!! You get to experience all in one! Best bar best music best food best people best ambiance BEST EXPERIENCE!!!! loooooved it!!!Special Features:
- noon62Dined on 6/6/2014Not a great evening, tables on top of each other, starter poor, overall experience for price not good.
- Just don't goKingdinerDined on 6/6/2014In a word, awful. Food was cold, mediocre and absurdly overpriced. If you like silly tourist places that pretend to be upscale restaurants, you will love it. Otherwise, go to Milo's.
- STK IS "GRT!"FinelDinerDined on 6/1/2014I really enjoyed myself at this restaurant. The inside is beautiful and we had a great server. He was patient while I let mountains of food digest before deciding on our dessert. I love a waiter that is also a good conversationalist. He chatted with us but was not overwhelming about it. The food was so yummy! Our waiter suggested the corn pudding for our second side. I was sure about truffle fries but not so much about the pudding. Surprisingly, as yummy as the fries were, I liked the pudding so much MORE! You MUST try it! Also, food presentation was very nice. Great colors on simple, shapely plates, I felt like a grownup. :) The cocktail list looked inventive, but I have to say, I didn't love mine...something red with tequila? :'(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STK reviewjoyceDined on 5/31/2014Where shall I start? Most importantly our server Rachel was impeccable and attentive. Couldn't ask for more. The food? Perhaps it was an error on my part to think that in 2014 even a steak house should be able to add variety for a vegetarian. Silly me. My husband loved his ribs. I, as a vegetarian was limited in variety to the usual salad/ side order/ slash heavy pasta like meal...risotto. Trying to be objective and not sour. The salad selection is great but my risotto and cream spinach was over salted. I had to throw down more water to temper the salt. The restaurant is beautifully decorated. The music? If you like retro 80's then it may suit your fancy. It wasn't a bad experience but could have been a lot better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better impossibleJP2014VIPDined on 5/30/2014Great food and services, nice outdoor dinning. Food tasted like heaven and came in fast. Ambience was good for taking some time off the hectic vibe of NYCSpecial Features:
- 40th birthdayfamilyswedesDined on 5/28/2014Was probably the best steak i´ve ever eaten. Kids also loved it but for them the musiclevel was a bit high. will definetely recommend this to anyone having the possibility to go to STK.Special Features:
- Great BurgerFoodLoverDined on 5/27/2014The Burger here was delicious! The interiors of this place is pretty awesome and it's great tthat there's also an outdoor dining option.Special Features:
- Trendy expensive restoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014The medium sized sirloin steak was average in quality compared with other steakhouses and more than double the price. Every side dish was extra and the quality was not at par with the price. Overall, a very expensive trendy steakhouse with trendy being more the focus than a superb meal. Expresso was amazing. Service was very good, staff extremely professional with a touch of friendliness.Special Features:
- great atmosphere and food/servicelvsmallrestaurantsDined on 5/25/2014The only down side was the place was cold, a/c needs to be better controlled...beautiful restaurant, amazing food and the waitress was perfect. highly recommend restaurant. Seafood platter was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect mealilvostroDined on 5/25/2014I brought my soon-to-be-fiancee here for Sunday night dinner, and although I had researched several restaurants online and read several great reviews, I was absolutely blown away by this place. She is a huge 80s music fan and Pat Benetar was playing when we walked in - I couldn't have planned it any better. The drinks were incredible, the food was incredible (she swears she will never eat another steak unless it's here), both the bartender and waitress were pleasant and happy to answer all of our questions. For my first time in New York and first New York steakhouse, STK set the bar unfairly high. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but expensiveConnDined on 5/24/2014Very nice place and food is good but really expensive. $100+ for a steak? $42 for a small piece of Sea Bass??? Really?Special Features:
- Best dining experience!!GreatfoodDined on 5/24/2014From the moment that I walked in, I was greeted with a professional staff. I was impressed with the knowledge of wine from the bartender. He knew which wines to recommend and was the most pleasant bartender, I've ever met. My waitress was Racheal; she was amazing, she was pleasant and everything that she recommended was fantastic. Overall great experience, the food was delicious, the entire staff was professional and the ambience is romantic and elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first timeShauny522Dined on 5/23/2014It was beautiful ! The staff was great the food was great the music was great there drinks were great I loved it here I'm definitely coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection at STK MidtownTorontonianDined on 5/23/2014My husband and I enjoyed a perfect dinner at STK Midtown. It has a great vibe, compliments of a chic DJ and the service and dinner was truly remarkable. We will return on our next visit to the Big Apple!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 777 reviews are from the STK - NYC - Midtown reviews archive.
- not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2014Chose this for a quick casual business lunch mainly on the location as it was close to the client. The service was good not as good as other top NYC steak joints - we all ordered their burgers and the chief complaint was that they looked fine but when you picked them up the entire bun underneath was soaking wet with juice and just fell apart making it almost impossible to eat with your hands and arms and shirt not getting covered with grease and juice. we were one of the first guests so it was not that the restaurant was crowded their was no excuse
- Great Hybrid FindTHEBRAKINGDined on 5/21/2014Been to many steakhouses in NYC, but usually find that they tend to cater more to men....which being one always appealed to me. So when my wife decided she wanted a good steak i had to think hard as to which spot she would enjoy the most. I chose STK. She was not disappointed! The best(and maybe the only) steak spot where you can get a great steak(and tuna tartar!), superior service all within an atmosphere that is somewhat club-like...but toned down enough to enjoy your meal. It's a hybrid of a multitude of enjoyable hot spots all wrapped up in one.Special Features:
- Poor serviceNikkiDined on 5/19/2014After sitting down, we had to wait quite a while for a server to come take our drink order. My husband ordered his steak medium and it came back well, the manager offered us warm sides once the steak came back. However, it took way too long to cook a medium steak. The rest of the table had already finished their food. We appreciated the free dessert, but by that time, we were a bit tired and ready to go home.Special Features:
- Good food, pushy serviceSauceManDined on 5/17/2014The food was amazing! However the service was very pushy. The biggest disappointment was the steak sauce, it comes out on a little dish enough for a few bites. I've been to many high end steak houses in my life and never have been charged to have extra sauce, in fact, I've never had to ask for sauce because the give you plenty everywhere else. The sauce is suppose to complement the steak why no let the customer enjoy their meal how they like it, especially when the bill runs to $700.00 I mean come on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerLucyannDined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed our STK experience. The food and service was outstanding. We will definitely go back and recommend to others!Special Features:
- STKgonzoDined on 5/15/2014Awesome food, even better service (Ryan was not only attentive and knowledgable, but he was adorable as well!!) Was there on a Thursday evening. Only drawback was the noise level. Between the din of people talking at the bar and the music, it was very difficult to carry on a conversation with my friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ambience too energyticsteakloverDined on 5/15/2014The service is great and the food is above average but the noise is so loud that we have yell to talk!Special Features: