STK - NYC - Midtown
1114 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
STK - NYC - Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stkhouse.com/
- Phone: 6466242455x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 5:00PM-11:00PM
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00PM-12:00AM
Outdoor patio open weather permitting
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Liran Mezan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: DJ: Monday- Saturday
- Special Events: Please call 646-666-4510 or email email@example.com
A word from STK - NYC - Midtown
STK artfully blends two concepts into one—the modern steakhouse and a chic lounge. A large central lounge area is furnished with creamy leather banquettes and textured crocodile tiles, and is surrounded by an elevated dining room for more formal dining. Theatrical lights illuminate each table, while a DJ creates an energetic vibe throughout the entire space. STK Midtown is located in Midtown Manhattan, just steps from the bustling Theatre District. STK Midtown includes an outdoor patio and separate bar during summer months. As anticipated, steak is the main attraction. With a female-friendly mindset, STK offers small, medium and large cuts of meat, as well as naturally raised options and market fresh fish entrees. Aside from steak, signature items include Parmesan Truffle Fries; Lil’ BRGs; Shrimp Rice Krispies; Sweet Corn Pudding; and Jump Lump Crab Salad.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
STK - NYC - Midtown - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
STK - NYC - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
281 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (144)special occasion (132)vibrant bar scene (119)good for groups (118)fit for foodies (98)romantic (74)late-night find (53)great for lunch (46)notable wine list (37)great for outdoor dining (28)neighborhood gem (28)great for brunch (10)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Won't be back.RickniteVIPDined on 6/7/2012Very uncomfortable to have any conversation in this restaurant . Unbearably loud bar scene. Food is nothing extraordinary, service is rushing you out. Waiter did not bring the two desserts we ordered dbefore bringing the bill to push us out. Very expensive for food you can get in any other steakhouse with much more respectful service.Special Features:
- the noise level is RIDICULOUS!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/5/2012the noise level is RIDICULOUS!!!! could not hold a conversationSpecial Features:
- Not worth itNYCgalVIPDined on 6/4/2012The food was good, but the server was very pushy, constantly standing around trying to interrupt when we were having a business discussion. This is not a good place for a business dinner as the noise is very loud. Also, the wine list is not as depicted on-line. This is a drinks-only meat market place in my opinion.
- Best steak ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/2/2012Scrumptious!!!!!! Beware of the pricey lobster mac and cheese!!!
- Totally loved this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012Totally loved this place. The decor is fantastic and so was the DJ. I had a 3 course meal and I have to say that is was very tasty, plates were worth to take a pictures of because they looked amazing!Special Features:
- Food was unexpectably fantastic!EATSDined on 5/24/2012Food was unexpectably fantastic! Usually hot tendy places lack in the food dept. , STK was one of the best steaks I ever had!Special Features:
- Ambiance vs. FoodEricaDined on 5/18/2012The food wasn't great, especially the cream of spinach. The dessert menu lacks and needs to be revamped as soon as possible. The wine selection was great. I chose Reisling and it was a great choice. The ambiance was amazing, middle aged chic styled professionals and 80's type music, including Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston, played by a D.J. The Reisling wine I selected was really nice. The ambiance made up for the quality of food! With good wine and good music, I almost forgot about the food! If you want good food, skip it. If you want good ambiance, this is your home!Special Features:
- Would not recommend this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2012Would not recommend this place is all business people after hours. Way way too noisy. Waite 45 mins to be seated even with reservation. Waiter was not attentive never even got bread or water offered. Would not ever go back!! This place def needs to turn down the volume maybe they would pay better attention to their customers.
- Great wine list, though noOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/15/2012Great wine list, though no Cakebread reds :( Very energetic scene, this is a place to be seen.. Oh and excellent steaks!Special Features:
- Midtown location has a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2012Midtown location has a very generic/vanilla feel to it. Not nearly as much character as STK Meatpacking. Still, the food was exceptional.Special Features:
- Great dining experience.KristybizVIPDined on 5/11/2012Great dining experience. Very pricey, BUT worth it. The food was fantastic, atmosphere is great, decor is really nice etc.Special Features:
- As they say, this is definitlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2012As they say, this is definitly NOT your Daddy's steakhouse! It was a great meal with excellent service. The scene was lively and the music was great. Was there with parents who are 70 and they LOVED the vibe and the "UN-stuffiness" of the place!Special Features:
- Everything about the new STKTammyDined on 5/10/2012Everything about the new STK is fantastic. I was already a fan of the downtown hot spot but love the convenience of this new location. Great food and service.Special Features:
- Had a great meal at STK withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2012Had a great meal at STK with my boyfriend during our NYC visit. Firstly, the steak really is amazing. I also loved the Mac and Cheese, which was a great side dish. We had been pre warned that the portions were decent so didn't order appetisers. Cocktails were great and the staff were really attentive. The atmosphere in the bar was great - they were playing some proper cheesy music when we went (a Wednesday night) and the place was packed. Great vibe.Special Features:
- excellent prix fix value forOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/8/2012excellent prix fix value for lunch, attentive service, excellent prep. birthday cake for dessert is always a smile maker.Special Features:
- Too expensive for the amountChattemVIPDined on 5/5/2012Too expensive for the amount of food. Steak was great. Trendy spot. Over priced. Will not go back. Sparks is a million times better.Special Features:
- conversation was extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/30/2012conversation was extremely difficult, as the noise level is so loudSpecial Features:
- If you are looking for coolOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/28/2012If you are looking for cool ambiance, outstanding food, and top-notch service then this is the place to go - you will not be disappointed!!Special Features:
- Food was very good, but thecarolVIPDined on 4/28/2012Food was very good, but the wine service in particular needs work. Took approximately 30 minutes to be served the bottle of wine we ordered(after 1st bringing up an incorrect bottle).
- Overall very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2012Overall very good experience chic elegant and tasety foodSpecial Features:
- Beautiful place but the conciergeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/27/2012Beautiful place but the concierge was horrible and rude. It was my birthday and it took 20 min and multiple requests to be seat even with my reservation. Music was very dated not contemporary at all.Special Features:
- Had a great time here. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/27/2012Had a great time here. Food was excellent; highly recommend the parmesan, truffle fries. (Could have made a meal of those.) Agree with other comments on OpenTable; it is a bit pricey but we went for a special occasion and it felt worth it. The green intensity cocktail is outstanding if you like a mix of spicy and sweet.
- I was in the city with 2 girlfriendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2012I was in the city with 2 girlfriends for a girl's trip so we loved the vibe at STK. One bad comment, which I read in other reviews is your wait with a reservation can be very long. In our case we were not seated until one hour and ten minutes after our reservation. We weren't too upset about it, as the music (and it's very very loud) and the bar scene kept us entertained, but if you are on a schedule, this is not your place. Food was outstanding, and I'd come back. It's happening!Special Features:
- Great place for business lunch!FrankcVIPDined on 4/26/2012Had a great business lunch. The restaurant is airy, high ceilings, and the tables are not on top of each other. Prices are great for the quality of the food. I highly recommend this restauarant for business lunches.Special Features:
- Can't go wrong for lunch!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/23/2012Been here quite a few times with clients. Excellent decor, pretty good food, good service. Don't be surprised to see celebrities, sports figures or power brokers at the table across from you. Probably a good happy hour scene too.
- STK Is A Great SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012I Love STK And Have Been Here Before Because The Food And Atmosphere Are Great But Both Times The Server Messed Up On Our Order. The Waiter Handled It Great And Was Able To Accommodate Our Group.Special Features:
- My wife and I went early as111111Dined on 4/21/2012My wife and I went early as we had Ranger playoff tickets. We ordered a bone in filet and a regular filet and we had to send the steaks back as the temperature was not correct. Upon returning, the temperature still was not correct and by this time we only had 30 minutes to get to MSG so we didn't get a chance to eat our steaks. The few bites I had were very good but we were disappointed that STK couldn't get our steaks correct after 2 tries.
- Wonderful..Noisy..ExpensiveAndyMorseVIPDined on 4/20/2012STK is new to W. 43rd. St. It is an excellent restaurant..wonderfully managed and executed. Its steaks are wonderful and the sauces, vegetables, and desserts are superb. It is very expensive. While the food is great one is paying for the recently built out space in the Grace Building..whose "backside" has been recently refurbished. The large terrace area at the buildings rear sports STK's version of Shake Shack...and is just as good if not better. STK is worth the money for a special occasion. Unlike its competitors..tourists have yet to find it. Andy MorseSpecial Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/19/2012The food served at lunch was just ok at best. The beef in the STK salad was good, but the rest of the salad was neglected, cabbage was dry and lacking any flavor. The service staff seemed uninterested and not very friendly. It was unfortunate as the restaurant interior is very attractive. Disappointing experience.
- Great looking after-workOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/17/2012Great looking after-work or pre-theater place in Midtown. Food is very good and two bars makes waiting for your entire party to arrive tolerableSpecial Features:
- It would be a winner if theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/16/2012It would be a winner if the food lived up to the surroundings.Special Features:
- Excellent, we will be back.TerribleVIPDined on 4/14/2012Excellent, we will be back. Great food, service and unbelievable ambiance!!!Special Features:
- The atmosphere was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2012The atmosphere was really cool for this restaurant. I was disappointed however that my steak came out over cooked. You would think that a steak restaurant would be able to cook a filet to medium and not over cook it. Broccolini was delicious as well as the bread that came out before the meal.Special Features:
- Had Lunch with friends thejennsteakhouseDined on 4/13/2012Had Lunch with friends the place and service was awesome ...Special Features:
- Excellent food! Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2012Excellent food! Great service! A must go, especially in the upcoming summer months!Special Features:
- STK - Great Steaks!RGLASSVIPDined on 4/7/2012The food was absolutely delicious! The steak had an amazing flavor as well as the side dishes we ordered. Not inexpensive, but worth every bite. The fact that is close to the theater district was a plus as well. I would definitely give this restaurant a try.
- Great steak! A little toodpohVIPDined on 4/5/2012Great steak! A little too noisy for business lunch, especially with the mid-town location.Special Features:
- Great food and service. GetsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2012Great food and service. Gets loud with the dj but I liked that. If you're in a couple you'll be packed in rather close to other couples. Probably better for groups.Special Features:
- Overall STK was superb. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012Overall STK was superb. We had the shellfish platter, filet oscar, strip steak, halibut special and the duck. All the food was excellent. Our server and the supporting staff were also very attentive and wonderful.Special Features:
- You can count on STK- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/30/2012You can count on STK- great food, drinks and atmosphere!!!!Special Features: