L'Enfant Cafe & Bar
2000 18th ST NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
L'Enfant Cafe & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lenfantcafe.com/
- Phone: 2023191800x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm– 12:00am, Friday: 12:00pm – 1:00am, Saturday: 6:00pm - 1:00am. Sunday: 10:00am - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday: 10:00am – 1:30pm, 2:00pm – 5:30pm (La Boum brunch), Sunday: 10:00am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch
A word from L'Enfant Cafe & Bar
At L'Enfant café-bar, you'll feel more like you are on holiday in Paris, than in Washington DC. This casual and pleasant cafe-bar, with a lovely interior and a beautiful sidewalk garden patio is one of the city’s happiest places to visit. Our menu features a large selection of delicious starters, a menu of Main Plates (like Beef Bourguignon, Roast Chicken and a sinful 3-Cheese, White Truffle Macaroni and Cheese), delicious savory crepes, the best and biggest French Dip sandwich in town, a cheesy French Onion Soup and our signature Croque Monsieur that will whisk you to the Left Bank with every mouth-watering bite. And no visit would be complete without a sampling of our menu of sweet crepes, where Nutella is king. Our candle-lit bar is cozy and friendly with a large selection of Belgium beers, fine French wines and champagnes, top shelf liquors and DC's most delicious cappuccinos, lattes and mochas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
L'Enfant Cafe & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (22)great for outdoor dining (19)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (17)special occasion (16)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (16)fit for foodies (11)romantic (10)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)great for lunch (4)Show More
- Local Taste of BelgiumOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2013Like most DC restaurants, the place is expensive featuring modest "French-style" portions and ambiance of a typical European restaurant. A friend and I enjoyed savory crepes, delicious sides, and a bountiful beer/wine list. Service was attentive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of everything on BastillejpjpjpVIPDined on 7/14/2013Out of everything on Bastille Day with only 1 server for the entire restaurant. May have well as closed for the day.
- AWESOME!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/4/2013Craziest, funnest, drunkest brunch experience I've ever been too. It's not your typical brunch and although the food was REALLY good, you come for the drinks and the party. The bottles rack up on your tab, so watch your bill, but it was definitely something to experience!Special Features:
- La BoumOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/29/2013Might have been the most insane time I've had in an afternoon in DC. Will definitely have to come back again soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!NinaGDined on 6/28/2013Great food, great service! Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine atmostphere but bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/26/2013We ordered leek entree and the steak entree and both were really really disappointing. My father ate the steak, but I had one bit of the leeks and decided to just eat french fries for dinner.
- Sadly not as good as hoped...out2dinnerDined on 6/22/2013I booked for a group at L'Enfant last weekend. I"ve dined there before and enjoyed it, though friends I was with had not. This went wrong from the point of arrival, where the hostess told me I was rude when I pointed out that the policy on the website about making outdoor table bookings was not the same as what she told me at the door (hence, we missed out on a table outside, which was the primary reason for choosing L'Enfant and I had specifically requested an outside table) Our server was delightful, and those of us that had burgers were pretty happy with them. However the other meals were less than stellar, and I don't think I'll be returning.
- Normally Great...EMDCVIPDined on 6/15/2013Normally, L'Enfant is great. This time, however, the food was mediocre. The burgers were dry and not medium-rare as ordered. Two people ordered steaks medium-rare and one came out medium-rare to rare and the other was very dry. Despite one bad experience, I generally think highly of the restaurant and will go back and hope this was a one time fluke.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as I wished forOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/14/2013Take the location out, it is a waist if money. You may get over the under/over cooked, but service is disastrous. The location is great though, and sitting outdoors when the weather is nice may pay backSpecial Features:
- La Boum Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/27/2013This place's La Boum brunch was fantastic! I didn't know what to expect, but I knew it would be a party. Shots all around, champagne, wine, a "party" hat that was passed around, people taking their tops off, a stripper dancing; it was absolutely crazy. The food was "ok", but I would pay for it all over again just to go to this party! You have to book months in advance, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner @ patioartjamacVIPDined on 5/1/2013perfect sunny day for dinner outside. My partner & I were in mood to eat at outdoor patio. Perfect to enjoy the weather. We like pomme frites - shoestring fried potatoes. yum. I had salmon crepes - which is okay. My partner had side salad & french onion soup. She likes the salad, but the soup is okay. She had better french onion soup in another restaurant. She said it's the soup base issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2013I came to the restaurant because I really wanted to support Dining Out for Life night and they were donating one of the higher percentages. I also had walked passed it before and thought I'd keep it as a good Belgian fries and beer back up. Not the case. I feel good about giving my money for AIDs research, but the food was tiny portions. We had ordered 2 appetizers, 1 side, and one entree between two people. The waiter said that would be enough. It wasn't. We ended up ordering the fries which were bland with boring dipping sauces (mustard, mayo, ketchup). The stuffed mushrooms were the best thing on the menu. The scallops were decent but overpriced for two small guys. All in all, I'm not going back.Special Features:
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/4/2013Helpful, funny staff. The food was fresh and flavorful. I tried a special mushroom and Brie soup that was divine.Special Features:
- Late night dinner on a SaturdaysvanderzylVIPDined on 3/29/2013Late night dinner on a Saturday night was pefect. Wow! Every item ordered was delicious and those items at other tables looked great too. Get a dessert crepe, (I devoured the nutella and bananna) for a perfect ending do your meal.Special Features:
- My girlfriend and I had wentNYEatBsDined on 3/29/2013My girlfriend and I had went here for the first time and it was very nice. Though I've always heard great things about their brunch, we went for dinner on a Friday night. We sat inside in the tight, but cozy dining room. The patio is great for a nice weather day/evening. For food, I had a chicken and eggplant crepe (not bad), and she had an entree salad (very good). We both had the french onion soup which was steaming hot, but good. Our server was very pleasant and prompt. I definitely want to return again for brunch and sit outside, but would come here again for dinner or late glass of wine.Special Features:
- good for brunch, not for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/25/2013We've been to L'enfant numerous times for brunch and loved it. We've been twice for dinner and each time they have been out of significant portions of the menu. In addition, the two food items i've had (shrimp and grits and the burger) have been average at best. We'll give them one more try for dinner and continue going for brunch. But, it has nothing on Bistro du Coin...I would recommend this to a friend.
- very friendly service, smallSusanVIPDined on 3/25/2013very friendly service, small dining room but great food, enjoyed the crepes, husband had a very good steak.Special Features:
- A piece of Paris in Adam's MorganAMNYVIPDined on 3/22/2013My husband and I returned from Paris just a few weeks ago and the phyical location brought us back to one of the bistrot's we dined at in Paris and the food was just authentic and delicious - the restaurant's location is wonderful but on a Friday night one the street parking is non-existant so don't bother, park down from the restaurant across from the Mint gym and just go and enjoy a small piece of Paris in Adam's Morgan!Special Features:
- Food Was Meh!rtesmerVIPDined on 3/21/2013It was only OK. There is nothing more depressing than ordering a soda and the server brings it to the table and promptly tells you "they just told me that starting tonight no free refills". Given the prices of the food (high medium), this was very surprising. Come on guys, soda is not a huge expense. Dinner continued downhill from there. A French Bistro not serving bread to its guests? No bread with the mussels, that is a must have to sop up the sauce! The beef stew, just how old was it? It certainly did not taste fresh at all, and reminded me of the really old Wendy's commercial - wheres the beef? Finally desert - amaretto crepe. Jeesh did they use the cheapest amaretto they could find? It tasted like they did.
- just great and in such a lovleyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2013just great and in such a lovley neighborhood!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Fantastic dinner. Wine wasJTNUGENTVIPDined on 3/14/2013Fantastic dinner. Wine was very good and not expensive. Although it was our server's first day, he was very attentive and courteous. The goat cheese stuffed mushroom appetizer was amazing and the entrees, scallops and prosciutto wrapped Tuna steak, were also very good.Special Features:
- We ordered a goat cheese crepe,TomboVIPDined on 3/4/2013We ordered a goat cheese crepe, asparagus, cheese plate, pommes frites, and soup dujour. It was all delicious. A bit pricey, but we had a groupon which brought that down a bit. I definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Great restaurant! We've livedMaxlovestodineVIPDined on 3/1/2013Great restaurant! We've lived in Adams Morgan for a while, but never got the chance to go to L'Enfant until now. The menu had some great choices. We really enjoyed the beef stew and the mussels were delicious and perfectly cooked. The inside space is very cozy which we really enjoyed, but if you're the type of diner that wants a little more privacy this might not be the place for you. We'll definitely be back to try more of the menu!Special Features:
- Stick with the crepesHankDined on 2/28/2013Two of us ate dinner on a recent evening in this intimate cafe. Service was very good. Food was "mixed." The mussels and fish entrees we ordered were excellent, as were the desert crepes. The onion soup, however, could have come out of a can and the fries out of a frozen package. [Note: This was the first restaurant in which I have ordered mussels as an entree that did not come automatically with fries, which had to be ordered as a separate item.] I will be glad to return but will probably stick with the entree and dessert crepes (and perhaps the mussels as an appetizer)for which this restaurant is noted.Special Features:
- My girlfriends and I cameOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013My girlfriends and I came here for La Boum Brunch and it was amazing!! Lots of drinking, great food and tons of dancing! We met so many awesome people and it truly was one of the best afternoons we have ever had!! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- TOTES AMAZORBLADES!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2013We went for the LaBoum brunch. OH. EM. GEE!!! THAT WAS FUN FUN FUN!!! (quite expensive thanks to all the booze we guzzled - $600+ for 4 people!!, but so TOTALLY worth it!!). If you want to forget your troubles for a few hours and completely cut loose then LaBoum brunch is the place for you. There is a set seating and the place is filled at once. Reservations are hard to come by and must be booked months in advance. The prix fix brunch was very tasty and once guests are finished dining plates are cleared, shades drawn, front door locked and the real party begins! DJ Matt Bailer is awesoome and spun great tunes whilst we all danced on our chairs and the bar! I mean it really is TONS of fun. A complete blast! I highly recommend goingSpecial Features:
- The tables are to close toOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/14/2013The tables are to close to each other so the seating is cramped and your conversation will be interupted by the conversation at the table next to you.Special Features:
- My party of four decided toMissMaryDined on 1/24/2013My party of four decided to meet up for dinner before attending a concert, so I suggested L'Enfant Cafe & Bar since 1.) I hadn't yet been to this Adams Morgan restaurant 2.) I had a LivingSocial deal and 3.) it was only half a mile from the concert venue. The lighting of the restaurant made for a romantic ambiance. My salad was good, but my other friends really enjoyed their respective meals (especially the one who ordered steak)!Special Features:
- le Boum is the best!restaurantreviewer4VIPDined on 1/12/2013le Boum is amazing! I've been there now 3 times and each time it gets better! Thank you for exceptional service and such a fun time.Special Features:
- I went to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013I went to this restaurant for the first time with a few of my girlfriends to have a low-key birthday dinner and it was such a good choice. The food was absolutely delicious and the atmosphere was a perfect blend of fun and energetic but not too overwhelming. We also had a chance to interact with the owner who was so friendly and outgoing which definitely added to the experience. I can't stop raving about this place to my friends and saying we need to go back ASAP! Definitely a new favorite.Special Features:
- La Boum is SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/5/2013This review is for the La Boum Brunch. If you are looking for a nice quiet brunch spot to catch up with your girls/guys this.....IS NOT IT. IF you are looking for an amazing, dance your shirt off brunch this is most definitely for you. La Boum takes the "day party" to an entirely new level, I felt like I was transported to the most crucial house party. I couldn't think of a better way to spend my first Saturday of 2013. Word of caution...plan to spend more than you thought you would and do not make plans for after...you will pretty much be done for the day.Special Features:
- La Boum was the most expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2013La Boum was the most expensive and wonderful time of my life!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- This review is for the L'EnfantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/29/2012This review is for the L'Enfant Cafe brunch party called La Boum: La Boum is the most amazing brunch experience ever! Definitely recommend for big groups who enjoy champagne showers, dancing on chairs, and a fun and loud atmosphere. I see why this place is such a hit- I can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- I booked a table for 4 forAnne22310Dined on 12/29/2012I booked a table for 4 for the La Boum brunch for my daughter's 23rd birthday. She and three friends went and said that they had the time of their lives!! It was loud, crazy and completely fun!! They plan on celebrating all of their birthdays at L'Enfant's party brunch!! Wish I was young again so that I could join them!Special Features:
- For brunch, not dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012L'Enfant is my favorite place for brunch. The eggs Benedict is amazing, but this was my first time going for dinner and was so disappointed. I was expecting the same caliber as brunch but instead I got dry duck and and my boyfriends meal was just bland. Our server while very nice was not on the ball at all.Special Features:
- The Sunday night Speak EasyJinoncVIPDined on 12/9/2012The Sunday night Speak Easy cabaret featuring Joey Arias is always a treat. At first we were concerned with the limited menu (salad, 2 entree choices, dessert), but the food was great. L'Enfant is good at any time - but it's lots of fun on Speak Easy nights.Special Features:
- mediocre food great hostingBrunchDined on 12/9/2012Show was great, service and hosting was really good, you really feel welcome. Alas the food, a fixed price menu for the show was really disappointing, no choice, such as for the dessert, a very bad chocolate pecan tart, not everybody likes chocolate, and impossible to trade for something else!
- Great food. Service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Great food. Service was excellent and the servers are very friendly. Great place to go on a dateSpecial Features:
- We had a seat by the windowpapersackDined on 12/7/2012We had a seat by the window and the first thing I noticed is that the windows looked like they had not been cleaned for years--maybe never. The food was okay and the service was excellent, but the appearance of those windows affected the entire evening.Special Features:
- La Boom brunch is the bestKazuVIPDined on 12/1/2012La Boom brunch is the best in DC. The music, the sparklers in the champagne, it is the most fun thing I've done in DC.Special Features: