Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca
409 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wolfgangssteakhouse.net/tribeca/
- Phone: 2129250350
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday starting at 12:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday ending at 10:30pm, Friday ending at 11:00pm; Dinner: Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Amiro Cruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call the restaurant for details.
A word from Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca
With 4 decades of experience, Wolfgang Zwiener didn't duplicate an exceptional steakhouse, he improved on it to make Wolfgang's Steakhouse exceptional. The porterhouse steak for one, two, four or more, is an outstanding choice. The atmosphere, expanded menu & professional service will appeal to even the most exacting diners. Wolfgang's is pleased to add this location in the heart of downtown TriBeCa.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)good for groups (45)notable wine list (30)fit for foodies (24)romantic (16)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Short DiningElvisDined on 1/1/2014The restaurant was nice. The porterhouse steak was very delicious but with only a little pice of filet. The mixed salad and the spinout were good. The time for dinner was short and that was unfortunately for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic steak, but ...BigGermanDined on 12/31/2013STeak and the rest of the food were fantastic, but the service at the beginning was more than poor. We booked a table at 9:30 pm and had to wait half an hour. This is normally not ok and for such a great restaurant not fitly. I just want to know what would Wolfgang say if he knows about such an organisation.... ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific experiencePatrickDined on 12/31/2013I've dined here on several occasions, most recently on NYE. It is a fantastic restaurant, food, wine, service, decor. etc. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- New Year's Eve dinnerAussieDined on 12/31/2013Upon arriving, we were greeted with a rather rude waitress/front desk girl. We were then seated with 2 different waiters who were both eager to get our orders as soon as we were seated without giving us a chance to view the menu. After ordering, the food appeared to come out extremely quick, making us think they had been sitting/prepared a lot earlier. The food was nice but the service was very poor. All night we felt as though we were being rushed out of the restaurant, when we just wanted to take our time and enjoy a night out. Upon leaving we asked the front desk girl to order us a taxi and she told us to hail one from the street corner in -3 degree Celsius weather. Overall not a good experience here. Would not recommend.
- SteakEddieMillerDined on 12/29/2013The best steak I have ever had. Hands down. We had the porterhouse for two. It's enough to feed four. There was no special sauce involved, just the natural juice. Best steak I have ever tasted. Ever. I will be visiting Wolfgang Steakhouse Beverly Hills immediately when I get home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A proper steakJohno9Dined on 12/28/2013My wife and I were told of a great steakhouse by a local bar man who was very enthusiastic about it. When we arrived, we were greeted and seated quickly and the staff were friendly. We ordered the steak for two, thinking we'd be able to finish it without any trouble. The steak was absolutely huge! We both agreed that it was the best steak that we've ever had but just couldn't eat it all. We're back in the UK now but have already recommended Wolfgang's to our friends and family if they happen to find themselves over in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday dinner at Wolfgang'sMichaellovesNYCDined on 12/28/2013Fantastic service and the steaks were to die for. What more could you want? Oh, great wine! Thank you Wolfgang's for an excellent evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best Steakhouse's in NYCpmnyVIPDined on 12/28/2013The food and services are excellent at Wolfgang's. Wine list is great, offering a very nice and broad selection of vino. You can not go wrong with this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With a smell of tourist-trappJedagDined on 12/27/2013Went to Wolfgangs Steakhouse to experince a good New York-steak. The meat was OK but not great. The sideorder was tasteless and dull. The restaurant was very hot, the personal was quite ignorant and the prices to high according to quality. My kids ordered a Ceasar-sallad and ask for some chicken to it. No problem the waiter said. When they was served there was no chicken. When we told the waiter he said that "they only served chicken to it at lunchtime". And he denied that he promised them so. And to take almost 10 USD for bottled water. And they had preprintet 20% tip on the check. Shame on You.
- Best Porterhouse in the world!virghDined on 12/21/2013We always try to make a stop at Wolfgang's, if we are traveling to the US. The best Porterhouse in the world! Wolfgang's know how to cook, how to serve and how to enjoy! It is so convenient, everything fits, Fries and the creamy Spinach, the Wine, everything!Special Features:
- Exceeded my expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/18/2013I was trying to get a last minute reservation to Peter Luger and unfortunately, they were booked solid. I remembered that a friend of mine recommended Wolfgang's to me, saying that they used the same recipes. I was skeptical, but I made the reservation. I ordered exactly what I would've ordered from Peter Luger... two strips of bacon, a porterhouse for two (medium), creamed spinach, and german potatoes. The bacon was beautiful and absolutely delicious. The creamed spinach was wonderful. The steak was perfection. Peter Luger will always have the #1 spot in my heart, but it doesn't take anything away from Wolfgang's. I definitely recommend. If you've never tried Peter Luger, this will be the best meal you've ever had.Special Features:
- Lots of meatArturo105Dined on 12/14/2013Great for steak lovers and good for rowdy groups as it tends to be pretty noisy. Downtown location a bit out of the way but is the better location for wolf gangs from a quality of food perspective.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food - unfriendly waitersRobSDined on 12/13/2013I went here with a friend of mien nd we were very happy with the food. It was some of the best we've both ever had. However, out waiter was rushing us to order fast. She was not finished eating her appetizers and they started clearing the plates from the table. I really liked the food here - it was great but I was not impressed by the staff. Another thing is that we were waiting 30 minutes even though we made a reservation. I don't understand how the wait can be that long after a reservation has been made.Special Features:
- Our food was fabulous. SomeAnnieDined on 12/12/2013Our food was fabulous. Some of our party had steak and others seafood, and everyone loved what they ordered. The sides were great as well. We went on a Thursday night, two weeks before Christmas, so we were expecting a full house, and possible less-than-attentive service. The restaurant was full of very lively patrons, but we were seated right away, and our waiter was great. Our water and drink glasses were never empty long. We didn't have to call him over -- he appeared whenever we needed him. It was a great experience, and we'll definitely re-visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak of my life!GeeelleceeDined on 12/10/2013We travelled from Australia mainly for this steak! Amazing, and don't even get me started on the bacon and creamed spinach sides YUM! The only thing to keep in mind here is that even if you book for say 7pm, you'll be shown to the bar and your table won't be ready til say 8pm. This didn't bother us, but I would avoid coming here if I have a late booking like a play or similar. But come the next night! Amazing wine list which is reasonably priced for some divine wines. We are here 3 weeks and I'd say we'd return. THE BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Their sauce tastes like Luger'sdeanonycVIPDined on 12/10/2013In the pack of luger offspring.... Wolfgang's is by far the favorite child, and has made a mark of its own. Building off everything loved by the masses and leaving out all the hassles of a trip to Williamsburg, any of their locations have made a name for themselves. The fleeting charm of the bitter, impatient, geriatric waiters, the privilege of overpaying, and other annoyances of the old school is gone. The renaissance of steakhouses in the past few years has been led by Wolfgang's, and they've set the bar for what a good steak should be.Special Features:
- Great but too much foodSingaporebgoDined on 12/9/2013Was a good dinner but suggestions are to get some more affordable winesin ythe menu and to offer some smaller portion options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak; great serviceHmmmmVIPDined on 12/7/2013Planned a small family birthday dinner for my wife here. Very attentive service; waiter made spot-on recommendations for appetizers, main course & dessert. I had the ribeye, which appeared to be in the neighborhood of 20+ ounces. Cooked perfectly. Steak for 2 for another couple looked outstanding - and judging by the fact that it was gone very quickly, it was good, too. Sides of creamed spinach, potatoes and sautéed mushrooms were good, but didn't quite match the quality of the steaks. Desserts - creme brûlée, pecan pie, hot fudge sundae - again, were good, but not superb. If it's a nice enough night, I'd skip the dessert here and walk off some of the steak & potatoes by going to Little Italy for some cannolis...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could of been better!NYCGIRLZDined on 12/7/2013The hostesses were standoffish, no smiles . First impression of the place was not good. I did not feel welcomed. The service was not what I expected. I would have been better off spending $300 for dinner for two elsewhere. I was celebrating my 30th anniversarry. Would not visit again. Too pretentious. Drinks were excellent! The crab cake was delicious, steak was good.Special Features:
- An off night?CdelouiseDined on 12/5/2013We used to live around the corner from Wolfgangs and it was our local steakhouse. We would sit at the bar for dinner, as we preferred that setting to the dining room. Ralf the bartender is amazing; anticipates your needs, friendly and efficient. Took a client this time - sat in dining room and it was loud! On top of that, we couldn't cut the steak with our knives. Troubling. So. I love Wolfgangs, and I will return, but this time it was disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak, superb serviceLizlonDined on 11/29/2013Not sure if there needs to be much more said! Limited menu selection as this place knows what it does best - steak. We went for the steak plate for three and you know it is good steak when you forget to eat the fries...Special Features:
- food is still great..but..Room2907Dined on 11/29/2013if you go there make sure you get a table in the main room, otherwise it is super quiet and boring. overall food is still great (was my third time there within 2 y), but somehow i was a bit disappointed by the "steak for two". dont get me wrong, it was still good, but just not great or awesome as it was on my prev. visits. service was a bit strange this time, too. took him very long to bring to bring drinks, forgot some drinks (had to order them twice).Special Features:
- Best Steaks all over the WorldSunny2000Dined on 11/28/2013You can't go wring by choosing a Steak for 2. Presentation and taste is unbeatable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak everSteakDined on 11/28/2013I am a big steak fan. The Steaks at Wolfgang's are the best. You Don't Need sides or others, you should just order Steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak everUli23MKDined on 11/26/2013The dry aged medium rare steak is simply delicious! Almost never ate meat that is so to the point. Sharp flamed and such a beautiful taste!! Choice of wine excellent, too - we will come again!! Lot's of business diner weekdays, so not the most romantic place. We were in group of 4 and it was great fun!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overrateddinner2Dined on 11/26/2013Wolfgangs is overrated. We went, because everyone said, if we wanted a REALLY good Steak, we should go. The food was okay, but not nearly as good as we expected. And VERY expensive! It was nice to know whateverybody talked about, but we wouldn't go again.Special Features:
- Good FoodFahquDined on 11/23/2013Food was great, service was good. I would dine here again. I like all the steakhouses and have been to many. This place is solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a specialgaryDined on 11/22/2013Great place for a special occasion with a large group - Nice big round tables and very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place for a fantasticWinnieVIPDined on 11/21/2013Excellent place for a fantastic steak. Although the place was very busy the food and service were very good.Special Features:
- Steak - YUMOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2013Wolfgang's Steakhouse is pretty damn good. When you go, just order the porterhouse for however many people you have. It's really damn good. The german potatoes are amazing - how do they do it?! I'm a big fan of asparagus, but these were bland and just not good. The sauteed spinach was much better than I had expected - sauteed with pinenuts I believe, so why can't they make their brocoli the same way? It was steamed and wasn't appetizing (even for a healthy person like myself). The waiters are attentive, but cold. I guess that's typical of a streakhouse. If you don't want to travel to Brooklyn for Lugar's Steakhouse, then this is a great alternative. Get the german potatoes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingvanzoDined on 11/17/2013It should be the highlight of our NYC-Trip, but it was disappointing. Steaks: tasted burned, even medium-rare. so meat is very tender, but i dont think i would retry do go to Wolfgangs in future. Service: wine waiter ok, active; for other waiters i was expecting more class (we went to nobu the day before and it was very different)
- Wolfgang's in TriBeCa is consistentNicknameVIPDined on 11/17/2013Wolfgang's in TriBeCa is consistently the best steakhouse I've dined in anywhere in the world -- including Peter Luger's.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stafflamb40Dined on 11/16/2013Staff went out of their way to ensure we had a grea t night.Special Features:
- for meat loversfif8VIPDined on 11/7/2013Excellent meat. Portions are big, you might want to share a steak for two for three peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around as usualNYCRestDined on 11/6/2013Once again another great meal for our group. We have our yearly dinner with approx.20 people and they do just a great job all around!!!! Thanks again to all for doing a great job.Special Features:
- An excellent place for a lunchSteveDined on 11/6/2013An excellent place for a lunch or dinner meeting with a big client.Special Features:
- Food Exceptional, Service GoodwaveDined on 11/3/2013Recently dinned with two family members and had an outstanding steak, vegy and, potato experience. Fun spot. Manager very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!LollliiipopzzzzDined on 11/1/2013The portions are large, the steak was fantastic, the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2013The quality of the steak is beyond all questions. But our waiter gave us the feeling of EAT, PAY, GO! Actually I had a better service in any fast food restaurant... So next time a different steak house.
- One of the best Steakhouse's in NYCpmnyVIPDined on 10/30/2013Service and food are always tops at Wolfgang's. This is an old school steakhouse with a modern feel. Love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.