Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca
409 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wolfgangssteakhouse.net/tribeca/
- Phone: 2129250350
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday starting at 12:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday ending at 10:30pm, Friday ending at 11:00pm; Dinner: Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Amiro Cruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call the restaurant for details.
A word from Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca
With 4 decades of experience, Wolfgang Zwiener didn't duplicate an exceptional steakhouse, he improved on it to make Wolfgang's Steakhouse exceptional. The porterhouse steak for one, two, four or more, is an outstanding choice. The atmosphere, expanded menu & professional service will appeal to even the most exacting diners. Wolfgang's is pleased to add this location in the heart of downtown TriBeCa.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
Wolfgang's Steakhouse - Tribeca reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)good for groups (45)notable wine list (29)fit for foodies (24)romantic (13)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good ,but not worth the moneyewolreb81Dined on 6/6/2014When I spend $200.00 plus per couple I expect to have steak served the way it was ordered and without grizzle which was unchewable All in all the meal was good but I expected better --The potatoes and creamed spinach were very goodSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/29/2014Yum! Ate everything on the menu. Friend from India was amazed.Special Features:
- great steaks, overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/28/2014The steaks are great, but the place if overpriced. Service wasn't as friendly as we were hoping and we felt a bit rushed. Had to ask for water several times too.Special Features:
- The BESTMEK5VIPDined on 5/24/2014Wolfgang's Tribeca is consistently the best steakhouse I've been to. I go there about one a month and it's always an outstanding experience. I haven't had the same experience at other Wolfgangs in the city, but the Tribeca location ALWAYS delivers.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/24/2014Remains consistently the best Steakhouse in Tribecca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about the steaksOMalleyDined on 5/22/2014I still think about that ribeye! I've been to a lot of steakhouses, it was something about the way they do it there that makes it just a little better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try!!!MeatloverDined on 5/22/2014I love this place. I've read a lot of reviews about this place about it's noise level--but I think it's part to it's charm! You can't have big slabs of meat and not talk like MEN! Lol I the Canadian bacon is a must try! They serve it freshly cooked from the grill straight to your plates. Yum! My boyfriend and I ordered steak for 2 cooked medium ---and it was perfect! Not to mention their creamed spinach and key line pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This used to be my go to spotDecim8rDined on 5/17/2014I totally understand that a restaurant can get busy at times, but this has to have been the fifth time where I had a reservation and the restaurant was not even close to having available seats even after an hour of waiting. The frustrating part was that the hostess was seating walk ins before us and never bothered to give us an update on how long the wait would be. I'm switching my new go to steak house to Benjamin's where they actually honor reservations, do not overbook and seat you promptly. I doubt a restaurant would honor your reservation if you show up an hour late, why is it acceptable for them to seat you over an hour after your reservation time?Special Features:
- WORST SERVICE EVER!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/17/2014Me and my husband frequent steak houses. I ordered the filet mignon medium well for $49.99. When the steak came it arrived butterflied ( I did not order it butterflied nor was I told it would be cooked this way). The steak was dry and tasteless. When I called over the waiter and told him that the steak didn't taste like anything, he rudely said thats bc its butterflied and it dries out the steak. I replied I didnt order it butterflied...he said, well in order to get it to cook that temperature in under an hour it has to be butterflied which dries it out and continued to give me a steak cooking lesson...that is good, being if I had asked it to be butterflied, or he informed me that it would be cooked that way previously. VERY RUDE!
- STEAK!!BosmomDined on 5/17/2014Capital letters are all I can use to describe the tastiness, tenderness, juciness, luciousness of the Porterhouse steak for 2 that 3 of us devoured (with a little trouble, I might add - it was so large!). Waitstaff was wonderful - informative, not at all pretentious as some reviews had noted. Creamed spinach was a little sweet; should have ordered the potatoes! Caesar salad was yummy - crisp and fresh! Pricey, but well worth it for a special occasion. You get what you pay for!!Special Features:
- Excellent SteakhouseZIODINOVIPDined on 5/16/2014Perfectly cooked steak done just as we wished. Attentive but not hovering service. Great for a business dinner or for a group. I go to steakhouses for business at least 8 times a year. This is my faveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunch with one sour noteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014Food was great. Sour note: we wanted to try the bacon appetizer and ordered one. Waiter said that's three slices, we said o.k since we were not familiar with the restaurant, thought it was a generous serving, weren't that wild about it and didn't finish. Turns out it was not generous, when we got the bill, we were charged for three orders, not one as we wanted, so we paid $12+ bucks extra! Lesson learned: ask questions to avoid unpleasant surprises!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steaktomiDined on 5/9/2014Das beste Steak das ich je gegessen habe und das waren schon einigeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodridetoeatDined on 5/9/2014Great food, greeting at door needs work and service when seated needs work when at least 6-8 waiters standing around talking with each other doing nothing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2014Great place for a biz lunch... Steak eaters will be happy here!Special Features:
- Great Birthday dinnerBirthdayDined on 5/2/2014Here to celebrate my steak loving boyfriend birthday. Greeted warmly and sat right down. Our waiter was fantastic. Personable and friendly. Steered us towards all the right things. I had crab salad which was beyond sweet and delicious. Boyfriend had bacon and steak. I had the biggest piece of salmon I ever had. Delicious grilled onions (enough for 4-5 people). Mashed potatoes rock. Had chocolate mousse cake with schlag and the waiters sang happy birthday. Wonderful meal all around. Would definitely recommend and return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Easter Sunday family lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014We had a large group of 19 adults and kids and we had a great time at Wolfgang's Tribeca. I was trying to get reservations at the Midtown branch but this one was relatively empty for lunch. That was to our benefit. We enjoyed the food and we had the time after to catch up with family stuff. I always enjoy the shared steak and this time was no different. The flavor and juiciness was just right. The salmon was great, too. We just had too much of the seafood appetizers since we went overboard on that order. We were adviced to reduce the number of the other orders, which is pretty good as we did not have any waste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect steak as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2014The go-to spot for steak. It's cooked perfectly and has that unforgettable flavor. Had a porterhouse for two and filet mignon. Both were perfectly cooked. Someone in the group got the Chilean sea bass and it was amazing. The sides and deserts were excellent as well. The only two complaints are the fact that for the beefsteak tomatoes with mozzarella they gave us 3 slices of tomatoes with only 2 slices of cheese. The other issue was a cocktail that didn't taste well. The drink issue was resolved promptly though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely nightKatmossDined on 4/18/2014I made a reservation just in time to watch the sun set over the Hudson River. I requested a window table and was taken directly to a lovely table by the window with river views. Dinner with wine and the sunset was wonderful. I would only recommend they find a hostess who is less snooty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What makes a great night out?WotashameDined on 4/13/2014Surely it's got to be the all round experience? The food at Wolfgang's is undoubtedly outstanding; it's a shame about the superior, condescending attitude of their waiting staff. The menu could do with having explanations of what each dish was. And beware of portions! The sides we had would have comfortably fed a family of four! Would I go back? Possibly, but only when my self esteem has recovered and I'm ready to battle for the food I really want to eat rather than what I'm told I (don't) need. Money is no object when you have had a great night but I truly begrudged every $ we spent.Special Features:
- Good for steakJerseyExplorerDined on 4/12/2014Great quality steaks that are perfectly prepared. Sides are pretty average and underwhelming. Impressive wine list. Wines are overpriced though. Professional service- very New YorkishSpecial Features:
- Good, not greatMg87Dined on 4/11/2014Filets were huge but quality and taste of meat was just ok. I would rather have a smaller cut with better quality. Meal was good but extremely expensive. Not worth the price.
- Unbelievable steakCubroDined on 4/7/2014Went with a friend. Had the steak for two, rare to medium rare. The most beautifully charred but tender steak I've ever had. Fantastic mushroom side. Shrimp cocktail a bit tough and overpriced IMO. Service excellent. Pricey but the steak was a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 複数でシェアがオススメYOKODined on 3/31/2014日本にも支店が出来て、話題のステーキ店。いくつかある中では、このトライベッカ店は空いているのかな？ Tボーンステーキは２人前からオーダー出来るのですが、とにかく量が多くて、最初に取り分けてくれた４、５切れでもう十分。 ４人くらいで２人前をシェアするのがいいかも、です。 でも、味はさすがに美味しくて大満足！！Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive and disappointing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014This was my boyfriends birthdaygift, we're from Germany and spent our vacation in NY. After I've seen something on tv about this Restaurant, and was really excited about that. I already made two weeks before we arrived the reservation,which didn't matter anyway. That didn't even check, they just gave us a table somewhere inbetween, next to the bar. The food was just disappoiting, the portions were really big, but the meet was burned and tasted like a normal burned Steak which you could get everywhere. The whloe mesl was just dropped on the plates and didn't even look nice. I paid for a dinner for two ,180 Dollars. I wish we would have spent it for Mc Donalds....
- Birthday CelebrationALFFEL58Dined on 3/22/2014I had to have a nice steak for my birthday and Wolfgang's did the trick. My wife, son and I enjoyed a Steak for four! Cooked perfectly. I will be back.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphereNYaffairVIPDined on 3/20/2014This was a last-minute find, and well worth the find!Special Features:
- As steakhouses go you willstueyVIPDined on 3/16/2014As steakhouses go you will not do better than Wolfgang's. The steak are top quality, done correctly. In dozens and dozens of meals there I have never had a bad one. The appetizers and sides are traditional steak house standards, but again all first rate. The waiters are knowledgeable and attentive. Be prepared for a big tab, but it's well worth it. Also a very good lunch bet. Same good quality and they have some items not on the dinner menu--lobster salad, burgers. It's a bit more modest in pricing and it's pretty quiet so you can have a serious conversation with your table mates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulpgspgsVIPDined on 3/15/2014The food was fantastic, just like our local Wolfgangs on Park Ave. South. The waiter was patient with our group of 4, who are all pretty hard of hearing and changed our minds a bit too much after the first drink. I most appreciate his patience and help. The food, as always, was delectable. The steak truly is like butter. Even so, the hot fudge sundae is still my favorite part of the meal. The only time I eat whipped cream is at Wolfgangs.Special Features:
- You Gotta Love It!JoannaDined on 3/9/2014If your paying top prices at a steakhouse restaurant, the food should be excellent not good. I'd rather go to Peter Luger's anytime.Special Features:
- Great Food, stupid pricesPapiMaxVIPDined on 3/6/2014Gone for me are the days when paying $125/person to eat dinner is acceptable. It's lost its magic. The food is excellent here but I have yet to eat a steak that is worth $50.
- The waiter was very helpfulNickDined on 2/28/2014The waiter was very helpful in preventing us from over ordering sides.Special Features:
- It was horrible. Our steakbenedictDined on 2/25/2014It was horrible. Our steak for two was heavily burnt and noch really tasty at all. Definitely the first and the last time.
- Excellent food!!MelBPCDined on 2/22/2014I ordered the steak for 2 and had leftovers! That's how big the steak is. The food was delicious and the steak is one of the best I've had in NYC. Service was very quick. Will definitely make this my steakhouse of choice!Special Features:
- Great SteaksJoeCDined on 2/18/2014A perfect place for business lunches with your valued customersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014I have naver had eaten like this ! it was very fantastic !Special Features:
- PerfectWillTravel4SeafoodDined on 2/9/2014Great cuts of meat and fish cooked to perfection and delivered by a professional cadre of servers. As usual, we were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhousecityslickerVIPDined on 2/8/2014Wolfgang's is always a solid choice. Definitely a better space than their midtown east location. Good bar scene, great service.Special Features:
- I've never had anything lessmarcusDined on 2/8/2014I've never had anything less than great service at an upscale steakhouse. Until now. It wasn't even busy but our waiter seemed to care less. Had to repeatedly ask fro drinks and he even brought us the wrong ones the last time. No apology just took them off the bill. Food was fine, nothing great.
- First TimerBlazzoDined on 2/8/2014All I have to say is that my dining experience Is one that I will NEVER forget!! Everything We ordered was DIVINE! I do not know how this Establishment can receive ANY bad reviews!! You will definitely be seeing me again!!! FANTASTIC!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.