A La Turca
1848 Harrison Street
Hollywood, FL 33020Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
A La Turca
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.myalaturca.com/
- Phone: 9549255900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:30pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Ugur Unal
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Wine
A word from A La Turca
We offer the finest Mediterranean culinary experience Hollywood has to offer. Join us as our guest and be prepared for flavors that will send your tasted buds on a whirlwind through Europe and the Middle East. We use the freshest ingredients to ensure that every dish is of a quality that’s fit for a king.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
A La Turca - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
A La Turca reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (17)special occasion (13)romantic (12)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Cooking meat needs improvementJeryfromozDined on 3/1/2014On a Saturday evening I ordered their special lamb shish kebob. Dish came very presentable. First piece of meat out of 5 was cooked properly, it was tender and tasted very good. The rest of the pieces were not only under-cooked (meedium well was ordered) but they were tough to cut even with a steak knife. Server (Maria) was very understanding as I showed her trying to cut the meat. She asked if I wish to get another dish and she would take the meat to the chef. I asked for a few kofte only. Was brought 3 koftes and only one of them was cooked properly. The rest were undercooked and grisely. As a good customer relations we were given complimentary 4 pieces of burma. Improperly cooked meat can ruin any dish.
- Good stuffDimitriDined on 2/14/2014I we t for valentines day and it was a good place, not the fanciest but it was good, we had a good time and the food was better the what we stepted. I recomend this place...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never found it!!Lexi2goDined on 2/14/2014Open Table never borhered to chsnge the address!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/8/2014A La Turca is a wonderful Turkish restaurant. The selection is varied and the food is well-seasoned and very tasty. The Pastirma, Iskendor Kabab, Adana Kabab and Hellumi were all wonderful. Service was prompt and accommodating. This is a really good restaurant and reasonably (as restaurants go these days) priced. Highly recommended. But they've moved, and Open Table listed the former address. They're now on Harrison St.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've only tried the chickenKay22Dined on 1/29/2014I've only tried the chicken shish and the hummus so far, but it was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!laudydiVIPDined on 10/19/2013Our party of four shared a platter of tabbouleh, roasted peppers, hummous, spicy tomatoes as well as Greek salad to start. Everything was so yummy. Our main courses were a mixture of fish (grouper), lamb kebobs and a shrimp dish and everyone was absolutely impressed- everything was cooked to perfection and seasoned deliciously. A winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute for a low key dinnerLoveFoodVIPDined on 10/9/2013I went with some coworkers to this place. Some had never had Turkish food and they all loved it. Great atmosphere good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turca SpicydrhdhomeVIPDined on 8/25/2013Good food, but too spicy (expensive). The mezze is barely a sampler and $23 is a bit too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itkarinachkaVIPDined on 8/17/2013Ive eaten food like this many times before and can honestly say that they had the best lamb chops i have ever had! The meat was prepared perfectly and was perfectly portioned. The servers were super nice and the presentation they give when you are ordering (they actually show you all the appitizers they have) is really cute. The place is small and quant and i really enjoyed myself. Both me and my boyfriend called our moms, who love turkish food, and told them to bring our fathers there asap! Thanks for an awesome experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish diningLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/16/2013I went to this restaurant last Friday night with my girlfriend and her friend. The dinner we had was shrimp with Parmesan cheese and it was very good. Her friend had some filet of fish in garlic, I think it was white fish the waiter said. It's a nice quaint little place to eat and the staff was very friendly. The only thing wrong was the air condition wasn't working that well. We were warm inside while we ate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Place to Go for Turkish FoodKershaspDined on 8/12/2013We have now been there twice, and both times the food was excellent, and the desserts even better. The staff is helpful and always smiling, and service attentive. When the weather is cool, sitting outside can be very pleasant.Special Features:
- We believed we found a true gemnanorascalDined on 8/3/2013The food was fresh, tasty and authentic. Service was spot on. Maybe they could change the rock music and the Spanish TV on the flat screen was odd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mediteraneum in South FLOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2013Excellent Food!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful Service!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great recommendations, we ended up ordering family style and were able to share many different foods. Go with the appetizer sampler platter, a couple of entrees and a couple of salads and you'll have had a great amount of different foods. We shared amongst 4 hearty eaters. Even shared a couple of desserts. The Baklava was the BEST EVER!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great food!denaDined on 7/7/2013Great service and great food! Would recommend highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting Mideastern FoodTheStewardVIPDined on 4/30/2013Lots of traditional mideastern food with an emphasis on Turkish. We eat lot of mideastern and this was good.
- We had friends in from outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2013We had friends in from out of town and were looking for a restaurant that had great food and would not rush us out the door. Saw the reviews for this restaurant and thought we'd give it a try. Boy were those guys right ! We were seated right on time for our reservation. Our servers greeted us and (in true spirit of upselling) suggested appetizers and wine. We ordered 4 appetizers which were small in portion and a bottle of Italian wine. My entree of braised lamb shank was outstanding. My companions loved their shish kebabs. Entrees do not come with salads or sides and must be ordered separately. We dined leisurely with the wait staff coming by on occasion to see if we needed. Desserts were very small portions for the price.Special Features:
- Best meal of the trip!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/17/2013This was by far the best meal of our trip! We were looking for a reasonably priced restaurant with good food for the last night of our vacation to Florida. So happy that we found A La Turca! The food was delicious from start to finish, with some of the best lamb I have ever tasted. Every dish was thoughtfully prepared, like it had been prepared for their own family. Our waiter was very attentive as well and made us feel welcome and appreciated as customers. Everyone in our family loved this place and it will definitely be a staple for our future trips to Florida!Special Features:
- Hollywood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013Presentation, attention, desire to please, ardency in pleasing the customer and the food were excellent. When you first walk in you might wonder why it received such a high star rating. It's not appointed like the Ritz in Paris, but in a flash, you will not be happy your chose to have your meal where you are sitting.Special Features:
- Food took a little long toRestaurantReconVIPDined on 12/15/2012Food took a little long to arrive but it was most definitley worth the wait. Very savory and tasty. We all had lamb dishes. Even the bread was scrumptuous. The service was impeccable. You must try this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantadhcaneVIPDined on 10/26/2012Great neighborhood restaurant in Hollywood, Fla.. A surprise find. Excellent service. Surprised to see it so empty on a Friday night. This is a hidden gem.Special Features:
- The food is delicious, theyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2012The food is delicious, they have a good selection of food and wine, and the prices are reasonable. The owner and staff are very nice and made us feel like valued guests. We definitely are going back and would recommend it to our friends.Special Features:
- Liked it enough to make aeatsitupDined on 3/11/2012Liked it enough to make a second visit in our short 6-day vacation! Delicious food, lots of menu choices and very attentive service. Baclava was the best we have ever tasted!!Special Features:
- We have a very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012We have a very good experience in the Turkish and Caucasian cuisine, there have been many times in such restaurants in Turkey and Europe, including Turkey in the best hotels. The quality of cooking amazing, especially the lamb dishes. The prices are very reasonable and the service. Wines from Turkey are also good in quality. We will be regular visitorsSpecial Features:
- Extremely poor service. WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Extremely poor service. Waitress never came over unless we called for her. Two couples seated ahead of us even though we had reservations and they were walkins. Waitress attempted to sest us at table which was being used by.an employee for computer use. We had to request a private table (on valentines day). Service was horrible, food was amazing.
- Outstanding and AuthenticIdaluciaVIPDined on 2/7/2012This was an authentic Turkish dining experience. The staff, especially Burak our waiter and server was attentive, knowledgeable and very helpful in ordering our food. I'm sorry that I don't remember the names of all the goodies we had, but the appetizers included an eggplant salad, fire roasted red peppers, home made yogurt with walnuts, cigars (feta rolled in philo pastry dough), and hummus, all unbelievably delicious. I had a lamb dish for a main course that was stuffed into a sort of light noodle and baked covered with yogurt and fresh tomatoes. We ended the meal with authentic Turkish coffee and the most delicious baklava I've ever had.Special Features:
- Good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/4/2012We went on a weekday night and the restaurant was empty. However the food was excellent. Will definitely go back for the food.Special Features:
- for those interested in authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/12/2011for those interested in authentic middle eastern its fine with veruy inexpensive fare
- We have tried this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2011We have tried this restaurant on three occasions, once for lunch and twice for dinner. One dinner experience was for ten people, the other for two. Regardless of time of day or size of party the food remains perfectly prepared and presented by knowledgable Turkish wait staff whose wine suggestions were wonderful. We've all sampled food from the region. At la Turka. tje seasoning is subtle and balanced. each dish complements another and there is a broad selection from which to choose. Don't forget desert and coffee.Special Features:
- Food and service were excellant.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2011Food and service were excellant. Would highly recommend that everyone should give it a try for something a little differant.Special Features: