Timberline Grill - Ameristar Casino Black Hawk
111 Richman St.
Black Hawk, CO 80422Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Timberline Grill - Ameristar Casino Black Hawk
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ameristar.com/Black_Hawk_Dining_Timberline_Grill.aspx
- Phone: 7209484082
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm -9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Eddie Allen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Timberline Grill - Ameristar Casino Black Hawk
With its walls of reclaimed timber, intricately carved wooden bar and solid cherry wood furnishings, the Timberline Grill pays homage to the best Colorado craftsmanship. And its cuisine is equally impeccable. When you’re savoring one of our signature dishes, such as cedar plank salmon or roasted prime rib, in front of a roaring fire, it's easy to imagine that you're high up in the Rockies, experiencing the deep peace that can only be found in an isolated cabin. One that serves Chocolate Avalanche Cake, that is.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Timberline Grill - Ameristar Casino Black Hawk - Best Restaurants in Black Hawk ›
Timberline Grill - Ameristar Casino Black Hawk reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (34)good for groups (22)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (13)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Make reservations!JamesBDined on 1/18/2014Good food, it beats the buffet line, make reservations because the place fills up quick! Prices are in line with the nicer restaurants around Denver.I would recommend this to a friend.
- food & ServiceBarbDined on 1/3/2014the food was extremely salty and the fried food was very heavily fried the rolls were dry the bar service was very slow and the food was also at first.
- Aniversary DinnerKellDined on 1/3/2014We very much enjoyed our anniversary dinner. The waitress was very attentive. The food was excellent. My wife had the salmon and I had the sirloin. Can offer no suggestions to improve either of those. Provided a free dessert to help us celebrate. Nice surprise. Really enjoyed the iced tea. The ice cubes are made of frozen tea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!ShannonDined on 1/1/2014We always dine here when in Black Hawk. Never disappointed!!! Food, service and atmosphere are always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend Before New Year's Eve 2013MaryEllenDined on 12/29/2013Great food, great service and very accomodating! A large party with several babies and small children walked in on a Sunday evening just before us and the restaurant honored our request NOT to sit near any kids! We love kids, just don't want to sit near them when we're spending $200+ at a nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usual!carrickthreeDined on 12/27/2013Have dined there many times. The food is consistantly very good as well as the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seatingssaay4652Dined on 12/25/2013we had a reservation, we asked for a booth and was told that they were all taken. no one came and used any booth while we were there. other than that it was very nice. thank-you.Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2013Went here for Christmas Eve dinner! The crab-cakes and short ribs were delicious. The wait staff was friendly. A very quiet atmosphere and they have a nice room for larger groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceSdonaldsDined on 12/24/2013We all enjoyed our meals and the waitstaff was really good.
- Very nice rustic atmosphereSloanDined on 12/24/2013Very nice rustic atmosphere with fireplaces. The menu is extensive. I have eaten in the Timberline Grill at least 20 times and have never been disappointed (and I do not eat red meat). My husband, family and friends all feel the same as myself. Never pass on the dessert. It is all wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service, from the staffMikeDined on 12/21/2013The service, from the staff has always been excellent. The food has always been fresh and hot. We have always been served in a timely manner. The management team is very accommodating. It's always been a very quiet and very clean environment. The over all experience we have had at the Timberline has kept us coming back again and again.Special Features:
- We were pleasantly pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013We were pleasantly pleased with the food and service; caesar salad had poor quality lettuce and our server did not pack it up as we requested; the prime rib was delicious and so was the seafood pasta. It was a good experience and better than we have experienced in the past...very expensive, thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this restaurant .OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/12/2013We love this restaurant . The food and service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine here at least once aKarenDDined on 12/12/2013Dine here at least once a month, the food and service are always greatSpecial Features:
- used to be betterkidatheartDined on 11/29/2013I usually love going to Timberline Grill, but lately the have taken some of my favorite foods off of the menu. Super disappointed!! Now, not sure if we will eat there as often as we used to. It's expensive, and when you can't get what you've come to love, not sure if it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have eaten at this restaurantjustmyopinionDined on 11/28/2013We have eaten at this restaurant many times and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent, the service is great, and the environment is very relaxing. If you plan to go to Blackhawk and are looking for an excellent place to eat, I highly recommend checking out the Timberline Grill at Ameristar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining in BlackhawkRockyMtnHiDined on 11/21/2013When you first walk in you have the feel of a great mountain lodge. Tables, booths, some private booths. The menu has a variety of choices from trout to ribeyes and rack of lamb. We have never had a bad meal here. The ribeyes were perfectly cooked and very tender. Baby Back Ribs are tender and flavorful. Our favorite side dish is the Au Gratin Potatoes. Creamy with a hint of pablano pepper. Service is great. Try the onion soup if you want a smaller meal. Attire is casual to dressy. They are closed Monday & Tuesday. Price is $$$$ but you can do it for less if you have appetizers or soup/salad. Casino Point Comps work too. We plan our hotel reservations around when TG is open. Recommend reservations on Open Table/Ameristar website.Special Features:
- Good but not greatMegDaveDineOutDined on 11/17/2013Came to BH and this restaurant to celebrate a birthday. The food was good but not great for the price, Capitol grill is similar price wise and has better food. The wine list was surprisingly limited for a steak house. Also no birthday dessert was offered which was a bit disappointing and the waitress didn't even mention it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blackhawk GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2013Best restaurant in Blackhawk and Mariola is the best server anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service but a bit tooGarryOwenDined on 11/15/2013Great service but a bit too much food on the plate, a little less would be better. The food was good and well prepared but nothing spectacular. In a casino this is the best place to be-quite any away from everything which allow you to relax.Special Features:
- Well...JWHCDined on 11/9/2013Great food, we have been here several times before and made the reservation based on those previous experiences. Menu has changed, very good in all respects. Server was overwhelmed, she didn't have time or inclination/motivation to keep water glasses full, take orders when ready, offer wine selection, dessert unless we asked for it...and then made short "hmmph" when we did ask about our favorite dessert. She had to re-do the bill to add that on. Gee, sorry we didn't want to bother you...Maybe she had a bad night, or maybe she needed help. Not as good as we have come to expect, but everyone has a bad day, I guess. Disappointed that it was my wife's birthday when our server had hers...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal and 5 Star ServiceSkillyDined on 11/1/2013We had a great meal all around and the outstanding service made a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steak house in the rockies.libanoDined on 11/1/2013the food was great. the service was superb. our reservation was right on time. the restaurant was full, but we never felt rushed. we will be back.Special Features:
- We celebrated our 40th weddingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2013We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary, everything was great. Our table was ready on schedule,the wine the waitress recomended was perfect, ceasar salad was delicious, best ever, food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the MarkMDenverDined on 10/26/2013Yes, it was a Saturday night at the nice restaurant in a casino... so we didn't have the highest hopes. The food was fine. But it was too loud to converse, our entrees were delivered more than 30 minutes after we finished our appetizer, we continually had empty water glasses and they didn't even wish my husband a happy birthday although I put a note on the reservation. Plus there was a problem putting the tab on our hotel room, and that took several minutes to resolve. Not worth a return visit for us. We'll eat elsewhere in Black Hawk.
- Our dinner was very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2013Our dinner was very enjoyable evening. Our waiter Chad is great really friendly and helpful with food selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceEdEdDined on 10/25/2013We return again and again, knowing we will have one of the best meals in Colorado. And, very reasonably priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a great steak, goodNickDined on 10/16/2013always a great steak, good wedge salad, and great side dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatest birthday everPattySuesPartyDined on 10/12/2013That is the rating my wife gave to our experience at the Timberline Grill and the Ameristar Hotel in Blackhawk. I asked for a quiet area of the restaurant for our party of six. We not only got quiet we got a private room! The food was execellent...I had the full rack of ribs and they literally fell off the bone. My wife had the trout and loved it. All of the family liked the food. The wine list is high quality but affordable. Our server, Mariola, was efficient and , after we gave her some time, very friendly too. I would highly recommend the Timberline.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere ... but theandyEDined on 10/4/2013Nice atmosphere ... but the food was village inn quality ... at much higher prices. Would not recommend this restaurant.
- SuperbShatzie2Dined on 9/29/2013We ate here for our anniversary and we loved it. The atmosphere was very nice. Our server could have given us a little better service but he was nice and the food was wonderful. I think it was the best filet I've ever had. Prices are comparable to other steak restaurants. We will definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ribeye in TownSurfcat567Dined on 9/21/2013The timberline Grill has the best bone in ribeye around. It's a nice restaurant with plenty of great food, fantastic sides and a nice atmosphere. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timberline Grill-Excellent!JoanTDined on 9/21/2013Always good food, attentive, friendly service staff, and a nice setting. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced for the qualityJulieDined on 9/11/2013overpriced for the quality of food - prime rib was tough
- Horrible experienceKayakmomDined on 9/5/2013I have never been so disappointed with a restaurant before. We went out for a special occasion and our food was overcooked, our waitress took a very long time on our drinks and when we spoke with a manager and told him this he responded with little concern and said "sorry about that, thanks for your input". I would never recommend or say anything good about my experience here and was very upset.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2013For dinner they had a wide choice of different plates. We had there Prime Rib and it was excellent. The next morning we had breakfast there and they had many choices to choose from. My wife took a long time to pick because of the very many items to choose from. She has never done that before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marginal - At BestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2013The food was alright, not wonderful. The atmosphere was nothing to write home about - strictly marginal. We expected much more.
- MummmmTrixyDined on 8/31/2013Me and my husband did a date night there. The food was great the service was great !!!! Will defenitly go again. Very relaxingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum,YumbaummerDined on 8/31/2013The service was great. The food was well done and the menue was friendly to all. Everyone in my group had great things to say about their dinner. Whome ever made the cake WOW!!!!!! Thx blackhawk colo we will see you again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2013Our dining experience at Timberline Grill was very disappointing, from the awkward wait outside for 10 minutes (after the hostess asked us to follow her and then turned around and told us to wait), to the arrangements of tables in the place, to the overly salty main course, to the side of "Heirloom Tomatoes" that were very so unripened that they crunched. Even the vodka martinis were so watered down that all we tasted was olive juice. The Timberline Grill did not live up to expectations and I would pass and go to Wendy's if I were you! Better value for your dollar!