Peacock Garden Cafe
2889 Mc Farlane Rd
Coconut Grove, FL 33133Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Peacock Garden Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.peacockspot.com/
- Phone: 3057743332x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 10:00am
Brunch : Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Oscar del Rivero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: Jazz on the Green Fridays and Saturdays 7-10:30pm - Take a break from the Miami scene and experience a live jazz band playing on our beautiful open garden while enjoying our three course prix fixe menu ($33 per person not including tax or gratuity) including mussels, tuna, calamari or lamb and paired with a glass of sparkling wine and our friendly staff ready to spoil you.
A word from Peacock Garden Cafe
Sometime about 1870, the Peacock family looked for the perfect spot to plant their roots. They discovered it in what came to be the village of Coconut Grove. Now, nearly 130 years later, we're planting a verdant tropical garden on this very ground. The Peacock Garden Cafe is our vision of the quintessential Coconut Grove restaurant. We're perfect for a delicious meal, a quick snack or maybe just an aperitif or glass of Proseco in our beautiful garden. And why not? Our chefs craft only the best and freshest ingredients, adjacent parking is abundant and inexpensive, and our environment is lush and lovely.Continued
The Peacock family thought so.
And you will too.
The Peacock family thought so.
And you will too.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Peacock Garden Cafe - Best Restaurants in Coconut Grove ›
Peacock Garden Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (40)neighborhood gem (28)romantic (24)great for brunch (21)great for lunch (18)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (9)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Not the best place in Coconut GroveNathalieDined on 11/24/2013The waiter was correct but not nice or did not seem to want us to have the best brunch experience.Special Features:
- Great OutdoorsLovetoeatDined on 11/17/2013With the weather change, this is a wonderful place to have breakfast or lunch outside with tropical plants. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Nice Food, Lacking in ServicemiaminativeVIPDined on 11/11/2013The garden setting ambiance and reasonably priced food makes you want to come back here, but each time we come there is an issue with the service that downgrades the experience. From no one to greet you upon arrival, to some staff members totally lacking in English communication skills and not willing to find someone who does, to wait staff who seem to go AWOL--- these are issues that make us only go occasionally and not on a weekend. On the other hand, the menu has something for everyone and whatever we ordered has always been fine.Special Features:
- second time there, not impressed,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2013second time there, not impressed, of four entrees ordered, three were wrong, service is hard to get a hold ofSpecial Features:
- Dinner perfectfoodloverVIPDined on 11/8/2013With my husband we went on Friday which was Jazz night. As always everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatdmariepDined on 10/26/2013Enjoyed the Peacock Garden Cafe during a recent visit to Miami. It was recommended by a friend. Food was very good, both diners had the filet mignon, which was very tender. I had the lobster bisque which was also very good.Special Features:
- Outstanding dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2013Great service, food and ambience. The smooth jazz on Fridays and Saturdays adds to the relax, romantic atmosphere. Our server Kevin provided excellent recommendations. Veronica's homemade pecan pie is the best I have ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!StarryeyezDined on 10/26/2013What a beautiful place and thanks open table for suggesting that in my area. We had a great night! The food was spectacular, I had the Skirt steak on the pear and blue cheese salad, my husband had the tuna with the peppercorn crust and potato and crab salad. We had a couple of the pomegranate martinis and loved everything. Really great service, the drinks were a little slow in arriving but other than that everything was wonderful.Special Features:
- Service problems but goodPJMiamiDined on 10/13/2013Busy brunch, service could not manage it. A shame because nice food and placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialMiamifoodiecutieDined on 10/13/2013Went for breakfast. Although it's a cute setting, food wasn't great for the price.
- Dinner Great---Entertainment NotLMT0312Dined on 10/12/2013Peacock Garden Cafe is one of our favorite restaurants. So. we were excited to introduce another couple to the restaurant. To our dismay, that evening the Cafe had a very loud jazz band playing outside. Sitting outside is what we love the most so we took a table as far as we could from the band. Unfortunately, the piercing Saxaphone persisted throughout our meal really ruining the atmosphere and making it impossible to carry on a conversation. We asked the waiter and the manager if they could tone it down. They apparently requested that but it really did not help. I'm sure we were not the only ones complaining. It turned what we thought we be a lovely evening into a very unpleasant experience. Food and service were good, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeGaryDined on 10/5/2013This was our first time at Peacock Garden Cafe and all four of us enjoyed the evening. We will diffently be back for future meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm in love with this restaurantsailors2niteDined on 10/5/2013I'm in love with this restaurant ,your service your food and everything at peacock is excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami Spice 2013essensia12345Dined on 9/29/2013We were seated right away, the food came out fast, and it was incredibly delicious. Best part of the night was our waiter, who was incredibly good humored and patient with us, even though it was the end of the night and we had already had a little too much to drink :) Only thing I would change was the elevator music they were playing inside. Also the vintage wall décor sign on the outside had an unnecessary apostrophe, which really bothered me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out with the girlsfoodloverVIPDined on 9/26/2013I went with a couple of my girl friends and we all loved it. Its such a cute spot! Its a very girly restaurant! The food is amazing, and its not very pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DishonorableJackieDined on 9/22/2013They did not honor the priority seating reservation. The attendant stated that we would be seated in 5 minutes that they were clearing an inside table. 25 minutes later we were seated outside & they gave the table to people that had arrived after us The food was cold & lacking flavor. I will say that the place is beautiful & it is a shame that the service does not meet up to the ambiance. I do not recommend the restaurant & I will not returnSpecial Features:
- Secret GardenNelcyDined on 9/20/2013Always a pleasurable experience to dine at the Peacock. There is a lovely ambiance, food is delicious and service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peaceful OasisGroveNativeVIPDined on 9/19/2013The Peacock Garden Cafe is a beautiful place for lunch. It is operated by the same group that runs the very successful Jaguar restaurant down the street. For some reason, my wife doesn't like PGC, so I don't get there as often as I'd like, but a friend invited me for a business lunch recently. I had a delicious soup and salad. The service was excellent. The food was great. The setting is magnificent. The only complaint that I have is that the chairs, though pretty, are not as comfortable as I wish they were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not serviceEnmscDined on 9/8/2013We were six, four who ordered from the Miami Spice menu. Waiter distracted or oblivious. Muddled wine served to the wrong guest and coffee ordered at the beginning of the meal arrived with dessert; appetizer missing in action; salad finally arrived, but with the ingredients (beets, cheese, dressing) that the guest specifically asked be excluded. She sent it back because the entrees were being served, but it still showed up on the bill. My husband paid the bill and didn't realize that one of the Miami Spice deals was actually charged out separately; as appetizer, entree, and dessert! Buyer Beware on that one! Sangria was included in the $33 Miami Spice price; we didn't want it, but the waiter insisted! On the upside, the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleambergDined on 9/7/2013This was an amazing find. We have lived in Miami for over 10 years and didn't know about this spot in Coconut Grove. Everything about this restaurant was AMAZING. The staff, food, service were all incedible. When we left we were even greeted by the manager to ask how the experience was. A real gem and the food was INCREDIBLE. Thank you Peacock for an incedible evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceJcgirlVIPDined on 9/7/2013The atmosphere is warm, cozy, beautiful and feminine. I was there for brunch and had the eggs Benedict (good). Mimosas were horrible. I loved the atmosphere. Their bread before the meal (European pastries) were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secret GardenMmmFoodieDined on 9/5/2013This is miami's secret restaurant. Get away from the south beach scene and truly unwind. Tucked away in a garden setting with such a great staff!! The food delish!! Do yourself a favor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was lovely buttheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2013Everything was lovely butthe server was distracted and we had to ask for ice (for our water,) for more water, for black napkins for members of our party who were wearing black and once we asked for the black napkins we had toremind the server to actually bring them. As a vegetarian, I found the menu to be extremely vegeterian unfriendly and uncreative. Considering that more and more people are turning vegetarians, it would be nice to have at least 3 different entree choices (substituting portabello mushrooms for meat, chicken or seafood.) The vegetarian sandwich on the lunch menu should be offered at dinner as well (as well as other sandwiches and salads.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- miami spice great dealfoodenjoyerDined on 8/31/2013They had an additional deal for only five dollars in addition to thirty three basic cost, you could upgrade the skirt steak to strip steak plus delicious mashed potatoes. Food was great. Only problem was a baby shower nearby that had some very noisy girls but I think some were heading impaired so they probably did not realize how loud they were. It was really nice when they used sign language. I plan to go back when it is cooler and eat outdoors, probably Sunday brunch. Public parking is right next door at one fifty an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Hideaway !!luvpekDined on 8/25/2013Absolutely loved everything !! Hidden treasure and a great escape from the busy world around us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer Service needs workJoannmVIPDined on 8/25/2013Cute place for brunch and I am sure really cute if not pouring out. They don't take actual reservations so we had our name on a waiting list. Sat in a cute little bar and ordered 2 mimosas and 2 coffees - almost $50 for that! We ended up being seated on the patio and our seat pads were still damp. Waitress didn't ask if we wanted more drinks when ours ran out. We placed our orders and waited for the food. Before it came a diner next table lit a cigarette (we were not told that smoking was allowed on the patio). So we asked to move to a table inside (there was one in full view), she had to "ask her manager". The food was good but not outstanding. 2 orders were wrong. The new waiter was better than the first. But not sure I would return.
- heaven in the groovesailors2niteDined on 8/24/2013Went for brunch had a berry mimosa in a mason jar uuaaaaooohhh!!! superb , had egg benedicts great sauce, beautiful garden and great service attention to detail from the manager to the busser will definitely comeback, thank you for making me feel at home!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnexpectedDatenightersVIPDined on 8/21/2013Took my wife and daughter for dinner on Weds night. Food was poor, not even warm, server was uninterested in our table. Patio was nice but a table arrived with smokers that ruined it for us. Definitely not a place I would try again.Special Features:
- Food great Mistakes with order GardJIGVVIPDined on 8/21/2013Food great Mistakes with order Garden nice but could be nicer with a little TLCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunchbbb1957VIPDined on 8/18/2013Very nice brunch with patio area. Usually Miami in the summer is too hot to eat outside, due to shading and fans was very pleasant the Sunday morning we ate.a little expensive for every day, but a nice special occasion breakfast place.Special Features:
- I love bringing out of townOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2013I love bringing out of town guests here; they soon love it as much as I do.Special Features:
- Great date night in the grovefsu2ceoDined on 8/13/2013I did Miami Spice here for a date night in Coconut Grove. The Miami Spice menu was great! I liked the scenery a lot and our server was very good. I will definitely be going back here to try out more items on their full/normal menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute, Charming Date SpotgothamlawyerDined on 8/12/2013The outside dining area is romantically lit and lush with greenery. It is a great spot to take your significant other for a great meal. Try to the Mushrooms Fettucine. It is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ambient and nice food!RiccardoVIPDined on 8/10/2013Great food and Service. The ambience and location of this place is very nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely placehappyme1Dined on 8/9/2013The place and service was amazing... Lamp chops were great. Really recommend anyone this place.Special Features:
- Love it!!!YummyDined on 8/9/2013I absolutely love this ambiance. Perfect for a girls day out in the garden. Service was great, staff was friendly and food tasted great with nice portion size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peacock Garden Reviewpdp10550VIPDined on 8/6/2013The food was delicious with great choices for Miami Spice. It was a good value and a good time. The ambiance was very nice and romantic as well. We ate outside so it was a little hot. They could have used a few more fans. Overall, it was an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely BreakfastEnmscDined on 8/4/2013A friend and I met here for breakfast. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The food was delicious! We shared a BLT & Egg sandwich with potatoes and the pecan waffle with fruit. We sat outside to enjoy the gorgeous surroundings. There is a private room available for functions. I cannot wait to bring my husband next time!Special Features:
- Best Salad I've Ever HadAnnaChristieDined on 7/28/2013I was a bit annoyed when I first arrived because even though I'd used Open Table to get priority seating, I still had to wait 30 minutes for a table. However, the restaurant redeemed itself when I got my food, a Greek salad with grilled chicken. They used real Greek olives and added a couple of falafels. I ate the whole thing even though it was a huge plate. I will definitely go again, but never at one o'clock on a Sunday.Special Features:
- Always enjoyableCrayonDined on 7/28/2013This popular spot never disappoints! The food is great, the ambiance is delightful and you never feel rushed even though it is busy. Be sure to make reservations though because you never know if it will be busy or not.Special Features: