Peacock Garden Cafe
2889 Mc Farlane Rd
Coconut Grove, FL 33133Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Peacock Garden Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.peacockspot.com/
- Phone: 3057743332x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 10:00am
Brunch : Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Oscar del Rivero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: Jazz on the Green Fridays and Saturdays 7-10:30pm - Take a break from the Miami scene and experience a live jazz band playing on our beautiful open garden while enjoying our three course prix fixe menu ($33 per person not including tax or gratuity) including mussels, tuna, calamari or lamb and paired with a glass of sparkling wine and our friendly staff ready to spoil you.
A word from Peacock Garden Cafe
Sometime about 1870, the Peacock family looked for the perfect spot to plant their roots. They discovered it in what came to be the village of Coconut Grove. Now, nearly 130 years later, we're planting a verdant tropical garden on this very ground. The Peacock Garden Cafe is our vision of the quintessential Coconut Grove restaurant. We're perfect for a delicious meal, a quick snack or maybe just an aperitif or glass of Proseco in our beautiful garden. And why not? Our chefs craft only the best and freshest ingredients, adjacent parking is abundant and inexpensive, and our environment is lush and lovely.Continued
The Peacock family thought so.
And you will too.
The Peacock family thought so.
And you will too.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Peacock Garden Cafe - Best Restaurants in Coconut Grove ›
Peacock Garden Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (40)neighborhood gem (28)romantic (25)great for brunch (21)great for lunch (17)special occasion (16)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (9)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)notable wine list (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- GREAT FOOD, AWFUL HOSTESS SERVICE!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2014It is always very difficult to get seated here, this is definitely not the first time! We always make a reservation and when we show up, they tell us it doesn’t matter that you make a reservation, “its first come, first serve.” The hostess was very rude and not friendly. Not ONCE have we been and I can actually say that the hostess was a pleasure. Once we were actually seated, everything was great! The server was great, the food was great, the ambiance was great! I will continue to go back, but I know I will continue to be displeased with the hostess service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too good to shareTouchofheavenDined on 5/31/2014I have come to this place for many years. I have yet to find a more beautiful and romantic place. We went Saturday evening and they had live jazz just music. And I thought this place couldn't get any betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!HussDined on 5/24/2014Last minute reservation turned into the best food of my vacation!Special Features:
- Date nightGregRDined on 5/17/2014Great spot for a date night...serene, yet lively outdoor dining, great little jazz duo, service was great, food was great. Had the salmon and the mahi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty charmOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2014In good weather, this is one of the nicest places in Miami--set in a lush garden. The food is always good, if not exceptional, and the service is always pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for outdoor diningFirstTimeVisitDined on 5/11/2014The restaurant is nice and cozy, the outdoor garden & mason jar lights make it feel comfortble & romantic. I ordered an Arnold Palmer which is a must, the lemonade tasted freshly squeezed & refreshing. The prices were a bit overpriced for the food but it was decent for the location of the restaurant. Seafood Appetizer: Calamari overcooked, the sauce was not flavorful. Ceviche=Delicious. Chicken, Potato & Veggies, exquisite, the veggies had just the right amount of seasoning & grilled to perfection. Chicken was tasty but undercooked, the center was raw which I was not happy about. The tuna was delicious, portion size was good and the steak was flavorful & cooked well.Special Features:
- Great Outdoor Dining!vogelapVIPDined on 5/11/2014Great food, great service, and great Florida "feel" to this nice little restaurant/garden. We had a lovely brunch and a dinner at the restaurant. The servers are helpful, the food fresh and delicious, and the environment very, very nice. This has become a "must-visit" restaurant during our frequent trips to Miami. Check it out -- you will be happy you did! (Don't forget to FourSquare check-in, too!)Special Features:
- Worth The Moneynemchkfan87Dined on 5/8/2014Made reservations for 11:30am on May 8, 2014. Took my mother for a early Mother's Day lunch. The place was pretty empty so we chose to eat inside. We both had the Macaroni & Cheese Deluxe, which was hot & delicious. For dessert, mom had the Guava Cheesecake Bread Pudding & I had the Key Lime Pie. I have to say that the Key Lime pie of one of the best I've ever had & I've tried many others. The restaurant started filling up fast with diners & a very large & loud party in the room behind us. I was impressed with not only the food & ambience but they way we were treated, everyone was so friendly & helpful. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placeromanticDined on 5/2/2014I proposed to my girl to be my girlfriend here. All the waiters helped me that everything would go well. I recommend this place to all people as food, attention and atmosphere are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ambience and serviceSoFLgrlDined on 4/17/2014I've been to PGC many times but the service we received during my last visit makes it on the top of my list!! We were a table of 8 and we never had to wait tonorder, get drink refills or anything. In the middle of dinner it began to pour! We were quickly given a new table inside and a round of free drinks! Our server, Kevin, was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rainy Night DiningMIMIDined on 3/29/2014We requested a seat by the open doors looking at the garden, due to forcasted rain, Service and foood were delightful & the wait staff very accomodating w/ birthday request. Lovely view of the garden, which I recommend if the weather is clear! Nice space for a large celebration, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014The Peacock Garden cafe is a gem in the middle of coconut grove. This quaint spot features music that feeds the soul and a variety of foods that feed the body. Phenomenal service and amazing ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for baby or bridal showerJcgirlVIPDined on 3/15/2014Beautiful place and great ambience. Brunch was delicious. Make sure you ask the waiter for separate bills from the beginning if you go in a large group.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thy should not accept reservationsRicardoDined on 3/14/2014We made a reservation for 8pm but when we got to the restaurant the Hostess said they could not Honor the reservation because they have too many people due to the Jazz band. They put us in waiting list with other parties that did not have reservation. After 40 min waiting we left. If they are not going to honor the reservations they should not accept them.
- Garden diningBobMDined on 3/14/2014located for beautiful outdoor dining. Ate on Friday and very good Jazz trio was playing. Food just ok. Limited wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spotty Food and ServiceBlecherjDined on 3/8/2014Looking forward to first time here. Disappointed. At 9 pm on a Sat, ran out of an app on prix fixe. Offered a salad instead ( not equal value), and wouldn't budge. Pasta entree cold and sent back. Chops cooked unevenly. Waiter not descriptive or helpful with menu options. Bus Boy was the best of the evening, if that says anything. Ambience very nice, jazz duo live. Perfect for SoFla winters and brunch. Tough to ruin that. Long time patron of Jaguar, which has fallen off, too. Sigh.Special Features:
- Such a special placekeylimegirl7296Dined on 3/2/2014Great ambiance, creative food, FABULOUS service (ask for Kevin - the best) and fair pricing. Not only for special occasions, but you feel special when you dine here.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodJenDDined on 3/2/2014Went to have brunch with my cousin and it was a really great experience. Good food and a really nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Coconut Grove gem!RickDined on 2/28/2014We have always loved the Peacock Garden Face and this time was no exception. The live jazz was amazing. If there was ANY fault is that it took a long time to get a table for 4 at 7:30pm. Other than that, NO complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!GreatVIPDined on 2/28/2014Brought an out-of-town family member to have dinner there. He is a vegan and his special requests on how the food was prepared were well taken care off. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Great experience Dining atBunkieDined on 2/17/2014Great experience Dining at the Peacock Garden after the Coconut Grove Art Festival was just the thing. The restaurant with its garden and warm homey décor made it a warm and pleasant experience. I have dairy and gluten allergies and the staff was very helpful in accommodating me. The waiter recommended the special which I probably would never have ordered and I am glad I listened to him. I had the best Osso buco I Have eve had. My friend had the seafood casserole which he found outstanding and my husband's steak was very good. the cordina fish my other friend order was the least acceptable. Over all the evening out was a success and the waiters were outstandingSpecial Features:
- Outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014We met our kids and their significant others for brunch and it was just superb! The lush outdoor seating was just beautiful and the food/drinks were fabulous. I was hesitant to order the eggs benedict because it isnt' made with holandaise sause but with a pepper sauce, but it too was just delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a very nice diner,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2014We had a very nice diner, with an excellent ambiance. The people were friendly but professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent placeGPinedaDined on 2/13/2014Don`t worry making a online reservation they don´t even look at itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite for brunchAryixDined on 2/8/2014I love coming here for brunch. The staff are friendly, and the food is great, with a good mix. The Very Berry Mimosas are spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Secret GardenSnowbirdDined on 2/6/2014Peacock Garden has a beautiful outdoor area for dining as well as a lovely dining room. Make sure you ask were the pictures are as they tell the story of Pan American Airlines and Dinner Key Marina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Reservations, "Priority Seating"RoEsDined on 1/26/2014Read carefully the tiny print when making a reservatio.It says that they do not make a reservation for you, they just give you "priority seating" that will take only a 5-10 min wait. NOT my case. I though a had a table reserved for Sunday brunch, when I arrived the place was full. Hostess told me the bad news:I did not read the fine print, so I had to wait. We waited for over 30 min (not 5-10,min like the disclosure said), when I complained that the brunch time was about to end at 2:30 pm the manager, a french guy not very courteou took my order for brunch and told me to wait. I was surprise to see that set the table on the waiting area where we were waiting (a small coffee table!!) they brought up the food an hour later... it was cold.Special Features:
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2014The food is excellent and the outdoor dining makes it a very enjoyable experience. Totally different menu from it's sister restaurants Jaguar and Talavera but the quality and service levels very similar. Must try the bread pudding.Special Features:
- A special occasion anytimeizimbraVIPDined on 1/26/2014The restaurant, with its garden setting, makes every day seem like a special occasion. The food is good, though maybe not great. The service can be woefully slow.Special Features:
- Lovely spot for breakfastShoregirlDined on 1/26/2014We had a lovely breakfast here. Nothing terribly fancy but food was well-prepared and presented. Fruit was fresh, eggs were good, potatoes were average. Love that the toast is served dry with unsalted butter on the side and the multi-grain bread was tasty. Our server seemed very busy but was still attentive to us. Refilled coffee and water as needed and checked in several times. A tiny bit pricey for what it was but worth it for the pretty garden space. I would go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terriblesommelier71VIPDined on 1/24/2014Terrible. Just terrible. Terrible food, terrible service. May be better for breakfast but dinner was awful.
- Dining in the GardenEat2liveDined on 1/24/2014Dined at Peacock Garden Friday night. We sat outside in the garden and it was very pleasant and romantic. We split a large house salad which was very fresh and the dressing was light and delicious. My husband had the Yellow Fin Tuna and I had the Salmon special. Both were prepared just right and the flavors were great. There was a jazz trio playing that made for a very pleasant and enjoyable evening,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Jazz!MichDined on 1/18/2014We had only been there for brunch before but decided to go for dinner. It was great! The Jazz ensemble was wonderful, the outdoor area was beautifully lit, the service was great and the food was delicious! You could not ask for more.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful, Freshakc4Dined on 1/12/2014The ambiance at Peacock Garden Cafe really can't be beat - outdoor seating in a garden shaded by trees, very cute boutique-y interior. The food was so good, we went back twice in the same day. For brunch, we loved the eggs benedict and smoked salmon, which came with a light fresh pepper puree instead of hollandaise. Dinner was great, we had the fresh catch corvina, salade nicoise, and risotto. The only negative was the service - the servers were pleasant but the wait was forever for things like water and order-taking, and our plates were cleared a little hastily. There's a large, cute room in the back of the interior which would be great for a party. The parking garage right next door is $1.50/hr, cash only.Special Features:
- We'll hidden neighborhoodSandiVIPDined on 1/11/2014We'll hidden neighborhood gem. Sat and Su brunch it's till 2:30pm! Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/10/2014Great place to done or brunch out. The garden is beautiful and the good is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for BrunchBarbieDined on 1/5/2014I've been here a few times for brunch, decided to invite my girlfriends who had not been there. We sat outside although the weather was a bit rainy we were accomodated under the roof and we had a great meal and drinks. Everyone enjoyed the afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurant!.goodPipiloDined on 1/4/2014Very nice restaurant!.good food,excellent service and the ambiance was great. We went for brunch with my husband, my daughters and my grandaughter and everybody was very happy with the food and the service. I will recommend this restaurant and we will definitely will go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was good exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/1/2014Everything was good except that I changed my reservations from 10am to 12pm and when I got there they didn't check for update in the system. They still had me down for 10am sitting so we had to wait a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/28/2013We had a mediocre breakfast on Sunday. Restaurant opened up at 8am, but total set up wasn't done until 9am. It took a long time to get our simple breakfast of eggs, bacon and toast. My 2 over easy eggs came out with 1 egg broken. My husband's omelet on the other hand was nicely done with a large amount of fresh vegetables. No real greeting when we entered, but the waitress we had was nice enough. Energy overall was dull.Special Features: