140A Lighthouse Lane
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cqsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8436712779
- Hours of Operation:
Open Seven Days, 5:30pm - 10:00pm
June - November:
Open Seven Days, 5:30pm - 10:00pm
December - February:
Open Seven Days, 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Eric Thompson 8436712779
A word from CQ's
Nestled amidst the ancient, moss draped oaks in Harbour Town, CQ's combines great fun, fine dining and a touch of Hilton Head Island history. CQ's has the feeling of an old, cozy, and comfortable inn. Heart-of-pine floors, wooden mantle pieces, stained glass, and the photographs and memorabilia of the Lowcountry culture all contribute to the charm that has made CQ's the place to dine since 1973. Inspired by the abundant varieties of fresh seafood, beef and game available. Our chef creates dishes that are best described as contemporary American with classic influences. Recognized for having the most extensive wine list on Hilton Head Island, CQ's offers more than 400 wine selections with over 70 poured by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
CQ's reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (51)special occasion (50)fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (42)notable wine list (24)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- We visit several times a yearOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2014CQ's is located in a private area in Harbor Town on Hilton Head Island. We visit 4-5 times a year and it is always exceptional for both the menu and the ambianceSpecial Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseQueenieDined on 2/10/2014An older restaurant situated in the oaks in Harbour Town in Sea Pines proved to be well worth the trip. We had a reservation and were seated immediately. The server didn't arrive quite as quickly but was pleasant and attentive when not taking care of a group at the next table. The food and drinks arrived in good order and the food was outstanding. We will definitely return to dine here on our next trip to Hilton Head.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceBridge1Dined on 2/9/2014We've visited CQ's before and always have enjoyed our meals there. The service was good as always. The NY strip steak was good as were the salmon, pork chop and chowder. My husband got the swordfish and liked it (a bit dry though) but not as much as he liked the tuna which he has ordered on previous visits. However, he really liked the wedge salad. The garden salad was enhanced by a very good dressing. We'll go to CQ's again when we next visit Hilton Head!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Reward for a Marathon RunChapelHillFoodieDined on 2/8/2014We have eaten CQ's many times before, usually in the summer when we are staying at Sea Pines in Harbour Town. It has never disappointed. We were at Hilton Head so I could run the inaugural Hilton Head Marathon. This time, however, we were staying outside of Sea Pines and there are many choices that beckon outside the gate of Sea Pines. We chose to drive to Harbour Town to catch the sunset and then a "rewarding" meal at CQ's. As is typical, it lived up to our previous experiences. Our server was great, the food outstanding. We had the Chowder, the Chef's Special (an encrusted flounder) and took our bread pudding dessert with us for later. When we are in Hilton Head for a week we always make it a point to eat at CQ's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasantly surprisedNealVIPDined on 1/29/2014Having been visiting Hilton Head for over 20 years and never stopped by this hidden gem. We decided to try this week and were pleasantly surprised by the ambience, service and quality of food. This is now going to be one of our favorite places. Can't wait to visit during heritage week to sit outside and enjoy a great meal/drinks with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.TonyDined on 1/26/2014Excellent food and service. Love the atmosphere and leisurely pace. Food was fresh and enjoyed every course!Special Features:
- Always the best!UpscaleDinerVIPDined on 1/25/2014Being restaurant week in Hilton Head, there were so many restaurants to chose from, but we went to our old standby CQ's. We had the most enjoyable evening! The restaurant week menu was fabulous, as was the food. The duck mousse pate and brie appetizer was to die for. There was a very nice selection of entree's, I had the Flat Iron Steak and my wife had the whole fried Flounder - both exceptional flavor as well, except the flat iron steak was just a hair chewy - hence the 4 star rating on the food. Lastly we had the dessert - the bread pudding and the crème brule - both excellent as well. Don't miss an opportunity to enjoy this fine restaurant during restaurant week at the very least - but any other time you wouldn't be disappointed either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceMadisonDined on 1/10/2014The food was excellent, especially the salmon. Bernie's service was impeccable. Great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner spotRonaldVIPDined on 1/6/2014Our dining experience, as usual, was very good. Food and service was excellent. We always enjoy dining at CQ's. It's relaxed and cozy with friendly service and very good food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very enjoyabledannyDined on 1/4/2014My mom took me here for the first time and the food was very good and the setting was very unique i just felt it was a little darkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable dinnerItzybitzyDined on 1/3/2014Good food, good service and pleasant atmosphere. All was wonderful except for the cat in the front porch. I am not a fan of cats, and don't appreciate having one greet me when I go out to eat.Special Features:
- Always top rateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/1/2014CQ's continues its reputation as one of the best Hilton Head restaurants. From the interesting building to the great food and service, this restaurant is a treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd VisitCindyVIPDined on 1/1/2014We dined on New Year's Day arriving at 5:30, and were offered the early bird menu along with the regular dinner menu. We decided to take advantage of the 3 course special menu but also shared the Sweet Red Beet and Arugula Salad and the Lamb Lollipop starters which we had enjoyed on our previous visit. The early bird menu was a good way to sample some of the regular menu items at a greatly reduced price. Appetizers were good but the entrees were obviously set up banquet style so did not do justice to the dishes. Desserts offered were the bread pudding of the day (Pumpkin/White Chocalate), house made sorbet (strawberry or pear), or house made peppermint icecream. The pear sorbet and icecream were excellent.
- What a great surprise!SimoneVIPDined on 12/25/2013We were not waiting for such a great restaurant in Hilton Head Island! CQ's was one of the best dinners in our entire trip. I highly recommend the duck and the bread pudding. Delicious! The service was perfect, and the location of the restaurant is awesome, close to the lighthouse, in the middle of a high-class residential area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2013not many restaurants were open for Christmas dinner, so we made reservations here. What a wonderful find! service was excellent and food was fabulous. we definitely will recommend and return if we are back in Hilton Head.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family ChristmasMurphkenDined on 12/25/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. The food was fantastic. Four of us got fish and all were very fresh, paired well with seasonings, and vegetable offerings. We loved our Christmas dinner this year!Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013CQ's has great good and ambiance. This restaurant is quaint and the food is unique and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Hilton Heads finestFoodieDined on 12/24/2013We have been going to CQs for many years when we're in Hilton Head. The food remains excellent and the service fantastic. A very intimate place to eat. We had a wonderful experience againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodHHHappyDined on 12/17/2013CQ's is always good. The food is great. Service is friendly and efficient. We love to dine at CQ's.Special Features:
- Romantic eveningRonaldVIPDined on 12/11/2013Very nice restaurant with great food and view. We have dined here many times and the food and service has always been first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a huge menu-but goodSheareeVIPDined on 12/9/2013When we arrived a couple was asking for a non-existent table in the bar. She said 1 moment and took us to our seat. The specials -Turdunken soup. Flash fried whole flounder with a sauce with rice & veggies. Me-I jumped on the flounder. he-Cedar plank salmon with sweet potato risotto. The menu is not huge, but the items listed are really good and provide enough options. The flounder was really good but required me to put on my reading glasses to consume due to the numerous bones & there not being great lighting. He was finished with his meal while I was still picking thru mine. If u r bad with bones & want to be dignified while eating, don't pick this entrée. The desert was a plain cheesecake--it was okey. But not xtraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will travel for good food :)FoodieDined on 11/29/2013Ate here a few years ago on the recommendation of my brother-in-law. Wow! My wife and I even liked some things we didn't think we would. At the time one dessert choice was Peanut Butter and Jelly Bread Pudding. Are you kidding? But we like to try new things, so . . . we got the sampler, which included two other desserts. My wife wished she had just gotten the bread pudding. Everything we had was amazing. We couldn't wait to get back. Nothing has changed, which is to say another wonderful experience. Great food. Spent some time at the bar this visit before dinner, that was also enjoyable. If you visit Sea Pines and don't eat here, you've made a big mistake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Hilton HeadCuzdaveDined on 11/21/2013My wife and I love this place. Not a spot for the kids but rather a quiet couples restaurant with awesome food. You will love it!Special Features:
- perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2013Beautiful night.Perfect service and perfect food...CQs, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as it gets!FancyfreebobDined on 11/2/2013Lovely restaurant - fine food, fabulous menu choices, terrific service close to Harbourtown Yacht Basin. Wife enjoyed a fine, rare tuna, and I had a perfectly grilled pork chop. Delightful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dinner......OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/1/2013We were in Hilton Head on vacation and were looking for an OT restaurant close to us. Found CQ's, read the reviews, and decided to give it a try. No complaints at all. Service was attentive, cocktails had a good pour, and food excellent. We started with the caesar salads which were fresh with just the right amount of dressing. For the entrée we had the short ribs and the shrimp and grits. A very generous portion of the short ribs were served with mashed potatoes and vegetables. Shrimp were plentiful in the shrimp and grits, though the serving size of the grits was a little less than what I have received elsewhere. However, flavors were wonderful. Peanut butter pie and a bourbon-chocolate-pecan tart topped off the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CQ's keeps on keeping onJohnVIPDined on 10/31/2013Another pleasant meal - the kind that has continued to bring us back over the years. Server added to the experience. Food was outstanding - cauliflower soup, mussels, duck breast, wolf fish - all well prepared, well-presented. We continue to enjoy CQ's and will again.Special Features:
- oldavocatVIPDined on 10/30/2013Old food not worth the difficulty getting there Ok olds but seriously not noteworthySpecial Features:
- Just never fails to deliver ...bluemoonbobVIPDined on 10/29/2013Every time we visit we marvel of how they keep the absence as well as the menu and food just first rate … A restaurant that delivers on the the total experience .. from the bar to the booths and tables … and desert …Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!!suz39Dined on 10/26/2013When in Hilton Head this is the first restaurant we choose. consistently excellent food, great ambiance, Service is timely. During our month long stay in Oct we went here twice. All this and reasonable prices as well.Special Features:
- Consistantly Great!BK24VIPDined on 10/19/2013This was my third time having a meal at CQ's since July 2013 and I have to say it has never let me me down. The bartender is one of the best ever and the short ribs are a perfect dish. The wait staff is enganging while the desserts may be the best on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great experiencepeterDined on 10/6/2013Since moving to Sea Pines Hilton Head 1.5 years ago we have enjoyed this unique place (looks like and I think was a house at one time) several times. For good reason it has been around a long time. This last visit included the octopus appetizer, the double filet Mignon was split for free and the Swordfish was tasty. Will return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll try the restaurant again.HabortownregularVIPDined on 10/2/2013We'll try the restaurant again. The ambience (repurposed old home) was marvelous and the service outstanding. But the food was at best average. fish was overcooked, asparagus doesn't need a tempura preparation (which detracted from its simple good flavor), steak was OK (but nothing special) and short ribs didn't live up to expectation. We own property in Harbor Town so the restaurant is convenient and we had heard good reviews.We own property in Harbor Town so the restaurant is convenient and we had heard good reviews. But compared to other Harbor Town offerings, CQ's disappointed this time, which was our first time there.Special Features:
- Very loud group at table in4goodfoodVIPDined on 10/1/2013Very loud group at table in our area. Hard to hear the waitress or converse, but still enjoyed the dinner.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSteveDined on 9/21/2013Went to CQ's birthday with wife. Excellent service, food and ambience! We've been to CQ's sister restaurant "The Old Fort Pub" several times and really like them both. If your looking for a view, I would recommend The Old Fort Pub, but CQ's has special ambience as well.Special Features:
- We've dined here several timesJimSVIPDined on 9/18/2013We've dined here several times on our trips to Hilton Head over the years. We love the setting. On this visit the service was very good, but the food was inconsistent. My wife had one of the specials which was very good. My daughter's and my meals very fair at best.
- CQ's makes our anniversary specialGailDined on 9/17/2013What a special place! We arrived early so we could enjoy a cocktail at the bar. My Cosmo was perfect. We told the hostess it was our wedding anniversary so we were given a cozy booth. We shared an caprese salad appetizer which was just ok but the fillet medallions and chocolate pecan dessert we're amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendous food, exceptionalGTCAMDined on 9/15/2013Tremendous food, exceptional service and an ambiance unique on Hilton Head Island. Highly recommend CQ's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great but weOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2013Everything was great but we had to pay $5 just to get in Sea Pines to eat at the restuarant. They should give restaurant guest passes.Special Features:
- Very Good, AgainHHHappyDined on 8/22/2013We have visited CQ's many times. This visit was for the early dining menu. All members of our party of four enjoyed the meals and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.