75-188 Hwy 111
Indian Wells, CA 92210Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gotothenest.com/
- Phone: 7603462314
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Hours : Nightly 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: JC Valadez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We can do offsite catering. Please call Dodi Henry at (760)346-2314 to discuss details.
- Entertainment: Celebrities, local entertainers, sports stars, and just plain wonderful people fill our lounge nightly. There's a warm glow that you won't find anywhere else in the Palm Springs area valley - It's been that way since 1966. Tim Burleson has appeared nightly at the nest since 1993. His open-ended run at The Nest has been marked by critical acclaim, standing-room-only crowds, star-studded audiences and guest artists. Dancing too! Tim Burleson and/or Kevin Henry will entertain you 7 nights a week!
A word from The Nest
The Nest is Indian Wells' most famous restaurant and lounge. We've been serving fine guests, celebrities, golf and tennis legends since 1965. The reasons for our exceptional longevity and acceptance are delicious food, wonderful, warm atmosphere, great entertainment, and generous refreshments, along with the service you would like to receive all the time .... If you could just find it!Continued
We have it all. . . . . . At The Nest. Come on in, join us, and become part of our excitement and friendship!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Nest - Best Restaurants in Indian Wells ›
The Nest reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (48)neighborhood gem (36)hot spot (29)special occasion (24)late-night find (21)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (19)romantic (14)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Add Life to Your NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014Great way to combine fine dinning with infamous adjoining night club of the same name. The Nest not the first name that comes to mind for a dinning-only among the numerous dinning opportunities in the valley. But, if you're looking to add some festivity... it's "the" spot to mix, watch the mingling/dancing and enjoy unparalleled ramped up entertainment. No cover charge but drinks expensive. Always standing-room only at nightclub, a not-to-be-forgotten visitor experience regardless of how long into the night you stay. The high quality food and service were an unanticipated bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating Mom's Birthday!DesertRealtorDined on 2/8/2014I have nothing but good things to say about The Nest! I booked the reservation in hopes of getting a table at the bar so as to enjoy both the dining and dancing experience with my family and friends, which on a Saturday night is almost impossible to get...anyhow, the restaurant was able to accommodate my request and it could not have been a more perfect table. The food was wonderful! I had the Escargot appetizer and Ensalada Caprese salad and my guests had other items from the menu. Everyone enjoyed their meals. The only negative about the food was the cheese used in the salad was a bit softer than I normally prefer but the taste was delicious. Our waitress, Rosalee, was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThomasDined on 2/8/2014Fabulous Piano Bar--Tim is great! Really enjoy the warm atmosphere and good food there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nest is a great place forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/31/2014Nest is a great place for dinner then some dancing.......Special Features:
- Quite a party at this restaurant.JceatswellVIPDined on 1/31/2014Quite a party at this restaurant. lots of excitementSpecial Features:
- Always fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/27/2014Fun, fun, fun, and pretty good food. The bar scene is a hoot. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good music. Really good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/25/2014Good music. Really good food. They work hard to make sure u have a good timeSpecial Features:
- Love the restaurant. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/23/2014Love the restaurant. Very noisy but it is a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- Fabulous ServiceHerbDined on 1/18/2014We had a wonderful time. The sole was spectacular. The wedge salad was one of the best we have had. The service was spectacular as well. Thanks. Lorie and HerbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I had a greatOutOfTownerVIPDined on 1/15/2014My wife and I had a great evening. Delicious dinner, then dancing in the bar. Could not have been more fun.Special Features:
- great 1950 s foodrap13Dined on 1/14/2014Escargot. Sweet breads cabbage rolls mousseka(sp) all done perfectly. It doesn't get much better than that. Other than the noise level was highSpecial Features:
- Fun.placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/10/2014Outstanding attentive service by a knowledgeable team of servers. Good solid food if maybe not very innovative. Escargot best ever full of garlic and lemon. The real deal here though is the bar area, the great entertainment and dancing and people watching. A crowd you won't likely forget.Special Features:
- First time trying this restaurantDebbers55Dined on 1/10/2014After having heard so much about this restaurant/nightclub over the years, we finally ventured out to it and were not disappointed. We went on a Friday night and the whole place was very busy...The food was as good as any other comparable restaurant in the city and the service was excellent....we tried the lamb and it was cooked to order , tender and very well flavored. The house special was filet mignon goulash and also did not disappoint. After our meal we stopped for a few dances but the floor was packed at 9 and was looking like it was only getting busier so we left. All in all a great experience and will definitely go back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/8/2014It was our first time going for dinner there and we thought it was great! The food was excellent, steak was cooked perfectly. Service was excellent and the live music coming from the bar made for some nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Early bird dinersMereVIPDined on 1/3/2014The bar looks fun and exciting but we usually go to the Nest with my grandparents, so we are there for the early bird specials. The food and service are both great! There is always dancing and beautiful music when we're leaving, which looks fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a nice dinner and thenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/2/2014Had a nice dinner and then a very fun people watching experience on the dance floor! Very interesting and energetic place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must-do while in Palm SpringsScottDined on 12/28/2013The Nest is fantastic. Food is always fabulous, service is superb and we always have a wonderful time there. Everything we order has always been great. Highly recommend while staying or passing through the area. The bar scene and music on the side of the restaurant is also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinnerLuncherVIPDined on 12/28/2013We never miss a dinner @ the Nest when visiting the desert! Wonderful food, great service & terrific people watching!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fun experienceMikeTVIPDined on 12/24/2013You can count on an excellent meal and reliable, friendly service at The Nest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve 2013roadrunner19Dined on 12/24/2013Our visit to The Nest was one of our best Christmas Eve dining experiences ever. With a warm greeting at the front door by Dodi (she and her husband are the owners) she escorted us to a table for two and made sure we were happy with it's location before seating us. The dining room was very busy and noisy in a way that could only be described as festive and fun. The special Christmas Eve menu offered a choice of three main courses, plus a starter and a desert. We chose the Honey Baked Ham and the Salmon, both of which were very good. For starters we had the Porcini Ravioli, and the Bacon & Date Skewers, both excellent. The Cuban Flan and Smores Cheesecake were chosen as desserts. Our first visit to The Nest was a rare treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love The Nest.........KathyDined on 12/24/2013My favorite is the pork chop, always cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect combo...PortlandersDined on 12/13/2013Have dinner..then dance the nite away..fun people...great music :) ps salads tasty..pork chops were really juicy-very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Service, Great foodMGM3841Dined on 12/11/2013We discovered The Nest last year. Absolutely the warmest welcome and attentive service anywhere. Feeling like I wanted a home cooked meal I ordered cabbage rolls and the stuffed pepper. Delicious! My husband had sole piccata that he equally enjoyed. Great freshly baked rolls and always the offer of another basket. We had a nice red wine that was reasonably priced. For us, the bar and dance floor at the front of the restaurant is a great finish to a night out. We would certainly recommend The Nest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is greatMikeTVIPDined on 12/8/2013Uncharacteristic slow service on the night we were there. Usually everything about The Nest is excellent. The bar is always a lively fun place with terrific entertainment. We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ordered from your earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/2/2013We ordered from your early bird menu. The sole was very good. The portion of the stuffed cabbage was pitiful. Our guest finished his meal in four bites! The amount of berries on the vanilla ice cream were extremely stingy. Not the way to get return customers.
- Fun! Fun! Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/30/2013My husband and I spent the weekend in Palm Desert and after hearing about The Nest, we decided to check it out. We loved it! The service was great and we enjoyed our dinner. After dinner we went to the bar and listened to the band, they were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It took them to long to getOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/28/2013It took them to long to get us seated even though our reserved table was ready for us. The hostess was to busy chit chatting with friends to stay focused. The food was quite good and our waiter did a great job. I would recommend this spot as the atmosphere was great and energetic. Beware they automatically added a 20% tip which I am never in favor of. I have no problem tipping 20% if the food and service warrants it's, but I don't that to be decided for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is obvious that the ownersGourmetKidVIPDined on 11/28/2013It is obvious that the owners care as you see them working their bunns off to make sure .everyone is taken care of. The food was great, the service was good, the prices are fair, and the ambiance ???. Noisy, but tolerable. It is certainly worth dining hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best resturantsMARYDined on 11/20/2013One of the best resturants in the Desert without questionSpecial Features:
- We modified our reservationBunkeroneDined on 11/16/2013We modified our reservation 3 days before the event to add 2 people. They did not have the change when we arrived. Extremely crowded, lines out the door all with reservations. The bar was "jammed" and we couldn't sit anywhere near the music. They are a victim of their own success. I would not return.Special Features:
- Girls night out!GirlsnightoutDined on 11/16/2013Super fun, great atmosphere, the BEST people watching, and pretty darn good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Nestpmarti50Dined on 11/16/2013As always the food and service were excellent. We were planning in going into the lounge area after an early dinner. At 7:00pm the lounge was already standing room only. Very popular place on Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to it's reputation!DianaOCVIPDined on 11/9/2013I have been hearing about this restaurant/bar for some time, and decided to check it out. I had a very nice dinner with my boyfriend before the place became a bar/dance venue later in the evening. What a fun night of dining, people watching and music enjoyment. We will definitely return and have referred friends already. Fun place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food really poortennisdr99VIPDined on 11/5/2013This place has a lively bar scene, but the food is so not so good if you enjoy better dining, Heavy sauces, heavy creams and butter. Had to wipe the cream sauce my "healthy" grilled salmon.Special Features:
- Considering it was the restaurantsHungerVIPDined on 11/4/2013Considering it was the restaurants anniversary they did great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverbookedDickDined on 11/4/2013We had a 6:30 dinner reservation and did not get seated until 7:00 due to overbooking. Once we were seated we were attended to promptly by a very good waiter. We ordered wine, an appetizer and our main entree all at the same time. The wine and appetizer were served in a reasonable amount of time, We were then served our salads, also in a reasonable amount of time. Now comes the wait for the entrees. My wife and I both ordered grilled salmon. It took at least an hour for that to be served. Then as we started to eat, my wife noticed that hers was not fully cooked. Mine on the other hand was slightly overcooked. We sent my wife's meal back and had to wait another 20 minutes for it to be returned. Very crowded bar with live music.Special Features:
- Great variety of dinner options.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2013Great variety of dinner options. Very flavorful dishes. The half off on bottled wine Sunday and Mondays is an added incentive. Nicely decorated, friendly servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great 20 years later...PatriciafromtheBayVIPDined on 11/3/2013I first ate at The Nest approximately 20 years ago. When visiting the desert, we decided to give it a try and it was amazing. Still great - keep up the good work. We'll be visiting every year from here on out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimezabuzsazsaDined on 11/2/2013We always take first time guests to the desert to The Nest. It's an institution. We asked for our favorite table. The place was jumping on a Saturday night. Our visitors from Laguna Beach loved it - and want to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early birdNewbieDined on 10/26/2013A group of five for early bird dinner. Met in the bar at 5:30, drinks were VERY weak - not sure if it was because it was happy hour or Halloween weekend? Food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.