75-188 Hwy 111
Indian Wells, CA 92210Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gotothenest.com/
- Phone: 7603462314
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Hours : Nightly 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: JC Valadez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We can do offsite catering. Please call Dodi Henry at (760)346-2314 to discuss details.
- Entertainment: Celebrities, local entertainers, sports stars, and just plain wonderful people fill our lounge nightly. There's a warm glow that you won't find anywhere else in the Palm Springs area valley - It's been that way since 1966. Tim Burleson has appeared nightly at the nest since 1993. His open-ended run at The Nest has been marked by critical acclaim, standing-room-only crowds, star-studded audiences and guest artists. Dancing too! Tim Burleson and/or Kevin Henry will entertain you 7 nights a week!
A word from The Nest
The Nest is Indian Wells' most famous restaurant and lounge. We've been serving fine guests, celebrities, golf and tennis legends since 1965. The reasons for our exceptional longevity and acceptance are delicious food, wonderful, warm atmosphere, great entertainment, and generous refreshments, along with the service you would like to receive all the time .... If you could just find it!Continued
We have it all. . . . . . At The Nest. Come on in, join us, and become part of our excitement and friendship!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Nest - Best Restaurants in Indian Wells ›
The Nest reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (49)neighborhood gem (39)hot spot (30)special occasion (27)late-night find (26)good for groups (19)fit for foodies (17)romantic (14)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- 2nd chance disappoints againNonresDined on 4/5/2014We were at the nest diring a christmas visit 2013/14 and were very disappointed by our meal and service. We felt somewhat neglected for the local "crowd" and we also received pieces of the bowl inside of our artichoke diip appetizer. my husband and daughter both hurt their mouths when trying to eat this. At the tine we were not charged for the dip as compensation wow thats great. We returned to the nest recently to give it a second chance. We were given three different servers only one seemed remotely interested in our meal. The service was very slow over an hour to get our food and the food itself was very blah yet expensive. Did not feel good after we ate our meal there So thats it we are done with the nest!
- Who doesn't love The Nest??beachyDined on 4/4/2014This fun people watching, party place is always great but we were surprised how good the food was as well. The staff was very welcoming and put us away from the bar noise for dinner . We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Old Gem in the Desert Deliverskbspr1Dined on 3/31/2014After trying to go have a drink at The Nest a few months ago, after dinner elsewhere, and seeing a line....that really piqued our interest. Decided to go back and have dinner there on our recent trip. This restaurant has been delighting Desert dwellers for decades, including my friend's parents who were frequent diners. After being revamped by former hostess Dodi -- it really feels like an updated, fine dining establishment. There are some oldies but goodies on the menu like a wedge salad (had to explain that one to my 16 year old) and escargot. I personally enjoyed the veal marsala and my friend had the veal canneloni. Both were excellent. Would definitely go back. If you want a somewhat quiet dinner, go on the early side before 7.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the NestAngelDined on 3/30/2014My mother & I loved the Nest. The service was excellent! The food was wonderful. The band played fun dance music. The crowd was lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining and dancingNonicorVIPDined on 3/29/2014We love going here. Vibrant, alive, delicious, fun. Very noisy but a scene not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the musicbcImhappyDined on 3/29/2014The music was great - the performers interact with the audience. The food was excellent! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot SpotChowHoundVIPDined on 3/28/2014No doubt the bar is a hot spot and always packed, but the restaurant food is just so so. We've tried it a few times and always leave with the same impression. The service is always good though. And it's pricey for what you get. But I would definitely recommend going to the bar to go dancing.Special Features:
- Good service and foodDrDeeVIPDined on 3/22/2014Very noisy, with a 1960's supper club vibe. Sea Bass was good, other entree's also good
- CONSISTENTPrincessDined on 3/21/2014Always a good meal. Never a disappointing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful and historicRovertjs3Dined on 3/20/2014A great place to dine if you're a local or visiting the desert. Unique and delicious traditional dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best time in years.rwvadocVIPDined on 3/19/2014We ate at the restaurant half of the nest which was quite nice and to food was very good. We then ventured next door to the bar side with the live band. What an entertaining evening. Fortunately we found seats because we didn't want to leave. This was the most fun my wife and I had in several years with dancing and great music. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedbobdDined on 3/16/2014The Nest has gone downhill since I last visited 2 years ago. The wedge salad was overly drenched with a high calorie salad dressing. I had the stuffed cabbage rolls that lacked flavor and were served cold. The bread was stale and uneventful. Very disappointed.
- strong armed by club bouncer.Rudeman41Dined on 3/15/2014During dinner my wife excused herself and went to the restroom which is located where the bar and dance floor are located. As she made her way to the restroom she noticed a friend seated near the bar area and began making her way over to say hello when she was confronted by a bouncer who wanted to know what she was doing. My wife explained that she was on her way to the restroom but was going to say hello to our friend first. The bouncer then warned her that he would be watching her to make sure that she didn't remain in the bar dance floor area after she said hello to her friend. My wife explained that she was having dinner at the restaurant and had no intentions of remaining in that area. My wife returned to our dinning table in disbeliefSpecial Features:
- Great service and atmosphereAwesomeVIPDined on 3/15/2014Our server Heidi was excellent. The place is happening and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Specialcacti1VIPDined on 3/10/2014Mousaka was average--somewhat dry. Veal piccata was a little tough. Room was very noisy but that's what happens when you get a roomful of seniors together!!!Service was prompt and efficient. No restaurant should run out of bottled water! Too many good restaurants in the valley to warrant a return visit.
- not my thinglakeyDined on 3/8/2014I go to restaurants to eat a good meal I cannot prepare at home. This restaurant didn't meet either of those requirements. The food was overcooked, poorly presented and uninteresting. The Nest is more of a Cougar bar with and older (70's plus) crowd who comes for dancing. The food, it seems, is just a convenience so you can eat first before dancing to your favorite pop songs from the 60's, 70's and early 80's. If Barry Manilow and the Village People is your music you will love this place. I was just hoping for a nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old school desert diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2014Quite the place. Classic Indian Wells food and watering hole. Staff from ownership down bus staff is very accommodating. Our group ordered ahi, sole, Mom's platter (various Med. dishes) & 8oz filet. A couple orders of escargot to start. Very good. Dined early but bar was already cranking up at 6:30. Older crowd that enjoys valet service for the Bentley, Jag, etc. A place a person can go and potentially have an experience they can tell others about for years. (Hang around the piano bar with Harpo the clown, anybody?)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surpriseStbartsladyDined on 3/7/2014This was our first time at the restaurant. The food was great with a good variety on the menu. Our server, Sara, was terrific. There is a bar menu for happy hour, 4-7, with $6 small plates. It is only available in the bar which has music every night. We would definitely return. It is very loud when full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute RSVP worked outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/6/2014We came here pretty last minute for dinner and were generally pleased with the choice. The salads and breads were delicious. My husband was pleased with his fish but my father and I were less than wowed by the pasta. Friendly service, nice atmosphere, and decent parking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchagathaDined on 3/6/2014Food outstanding as well as superb, attentive service in an upscale atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just good foodThesmittysDined on 3/4/2014We appreciated the courtesy of your owner, as well as the staff. We appreciated being seated as our reservations were timed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First and only visittpfsdsDined on 3/1/2014The restaurant was packed, despite reservations, no table was available as large groups were expected. After being seated, was moved to another table to accommodate a large group that wanted to all sit together and needed our table. Was offered a drink to lessen the inconvenience; however, the service was slow and inattentive to our table, but the larger table received immediate, recurring attention, obviously looking for a better tip. The food was fair at best, and all entries came with mashed potatoes and a seasoned vegetable only. In addition, the place was so crowded, that a trip to the restroom took several minutes just to get to the restroom door through the overcrowded bar.Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2014Not only is this the Local Hot Spot for music, but the food is fantastic! You should try it for yourself you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Had to experience it for myself...WebantjeDined on 2/28/2014My wife had been to The Nest with different groups of her lady friends several times in the last couple of years; based on the exuberance of her recap of the excitement of the lounge, we had to travel the three-hundred plus miles for a weekend stay in the area just to try the dining. There was but a brief wait in the perfect booth in the packed 7:00 Friday night bar scene. I felt welcome and at ease in spite of the packed dining room. I had the small filet/prawns combo, Antje the veal picatta. Both were excellent! We raise our own beef ( grass fed, four year old, 30 day dry aged steaks are our life), but I can honestly say The Nest served me one of the best flavored, tenderest cuts of meat I have ever enjoyed! We will be back...soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Nest is an old favoriteDotandTGVIPDined on 2/28/2014We have been coming to the The Nest for a number of years. It is a very popular meeting place, so if you want quiet, this is not for you. The food is very good, however the prices have crept up over the past few years. In the bar area there is a lovely piano player and he is very entertaining. Quite often a guest signer will belt out a tune. It is a fun place to dine and a landmark for Indian Wells.Special Features:
- Great placecathyDined on 2/26/2014Great place, our favorite for fish and early bird special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot spot in the desertiowawomanDined on 2/22/2014A very energetic and large dining scene. The restaurant is huge but always full so reservations are recommended. There is always live music in the bar, but if you wan a seat go early. The bar is extremely busy with limited seating but most definitely the THE place to be.Special Features:
- Recommended by a friendBoltaficianadoDined on 2/22/2014We were visiting from San Diego for the weekend , and a friend recommended we try The Nest. Glad we did, had very nice dinner and dessert. Bar was hoppin' and the place had a very cool vibe. Will definitely go again when we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious!Blessed5xDined on 2/20/2014The Nest is always a fun night out for us! Yummy food, great service and a beautiful restaurant....what a perfect combination! We will keep coming back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- never to return!!!love2dineoutDined on 2/17/2014Restaurant is old and kind of dingy and dirty - Noise level - loud!!! Service- Slow,slow,slow! Food Preparation- Tasteless, cold and unattractive. The veal dish was of poor quality meat and the sauce was tasteless. The beef goulash was tasteless also. When asked how the food was we mentioned that the beef goulash was rather tasteless and the owner said "Well, it didn't turn out good today!" I thought WHY PUT IT ON THE MENU!! This restaurant was really bad and expensive to boot!!!
- waiter was not attentive.666oscDined on 2/15/2014waiter was not attentive. did'nt ask if we wanted wine. had to ask food runner twice for wine. waiter did'nt ever come over to ask how our dinner was or to ask if we needed anything, nor did he ofer dessert .had to ask for check, and had to wait 20 minutes for him to pick it up. very bad service.waiter was too busy with bigger tables .will not dine here again.Special Features:
- Our server Kristina was awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014Our server Kristina was awesome! Sadly our cocktails were weak and over priced. Great people watching atmosphere.
- Fun place to dineGourmetDivaVIPDined on 2/14/2014The Nest has always been a hot spot in the desert. It still claims that title. Food is good, atmosphere is very energetic. Can't go wrong for a fun night and overall good food.Special Features:
- We love this place becauseExperiencedDined on 2/14/2014We love this place because of the energetic activity that is constantly going around and throughout the dining area to the lounge. However, we were dissappointed in the food preparation during Valentines Day as the only choices were from the price fixed menu and everything was already prepared AND unfortunately it showed. The food flavors, textures and quality all suffered. This is not the case when we have ate there during non-holiday events..We still had a good time and made the best of it!Special Features:
- WonderfulcathyDined on 2/14/2014They have the best fish in the area. Cooked to perfection. We love The Nest. Best place to dine in the valley.Special Features:
- Add Life to Your NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014Great way to combine fine dinning with infamous adjoining night club of the same name. The Nest not the first name that comes to mind for a dinning-only among the numerous dinning opportunities in the valley. But, if you're looking to add some festivity... it's "the" spot to mix, watch the mingling/dancing and enjoy unparalleled ramped up entertainment. No cover charge but drinks expensive. Always standing-room only at nightclub, a not-to-be-forgotten visitor experience regardless of how long into the night you stay. The high quality food and service were an unanticipated bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating Mom's Birthday!DesertRealtorDined on 2/8/2014I have nothing but good things to say about The Nest! I booked the reservation in hopes of getting a table at the bar so as to enjoy both the dining and dancing experience with my family and friends, which on a Saturday night is almost impossible to get...anyhow, the restaurant was able to accommodate my request and it could not have been a more perfect table. The food was wonderful! I had the Escargot appetizer and Ensalada Caprese salad and my guests had other items from the menu. Everyone enjoyed their meals. The only negative about the food was the cheese used in the salad was a bit softer than I normally prefer but the taste was delicious. Our waitress, Rosalee, was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThomasDined on 2/8/2014Fabulous Piano Bar--Tim is great! Really enjoy the warm atmosphere and good food there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nest is a great place forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/31/2014Nest is a great place for dinner then some dancing.......Special Features:
- Quite a party at this restaurant.JceatswellVIPDined on 1/31/2014Quite a party at this restaurant. lots of excitementSpecial Features: