234 East Main Street
Port Jefferson, NY 11777Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pastapasta.net/
- Phone: 6313315335
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am-3:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:30pm-9:00pm, Friday - Saturday 4:30pm-10:00pm, Sunday 2:00pm-9:00pm Times change seasonally
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Sands
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Think of us for all your special occasions. Showers, Birthdays, Retirements, Holiday parties, Family get togethers. Any Occasion. Our party room holds up to 60 Guests. We also have a large selection of Party Platters and Hot Food for your home catering needs. Check our website or call us for all your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Our rooms hold up to 60 guests. No Friday or Saturday nights.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 6313315335
- Special Events: We offer a three course $21.95 priced fixed lunch Mon - Sat and a three course $24.95 early price fixed Dinner Mon - Fri 4:30 to 6:00, Sat 4:30 - 5:30 and Sunday 2 - 5
A word from Pasta Pasta
Welcome to Pasta Pasta in the historic water town of Port Jefferson. Pasta Pasta in its 20th year in business has become one of the premier restaurants on the North Shore. More than just PASTA; executive Chef Steven Sands and his talented staff offer a diverse menu featuring chicken, steak the freshest fish available and of course our innovative pastas and pizza. Decorated in the casual and comfortable style of a Tuscan villa, the dining rooms boast light wood accents, vases filled with fresh flowers, candle-lit tables, antique mirrors, framed art prints and gracefully draped curtains.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Pasta Pasta - Best Restaurants in Port Jefferson ›
Pasta Pasta reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (68)special occasion (54)romantic (51)fit for foodies (41)great for lunch (20)notable wine list (16)good for groups (14)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Greatl ambience, wait staff, foodMcpoppyDined on 5/30/2014Great atmosphere, food and wait staff. Low nise level even when restaurant is busy. Terrific menu.Special Features:
- Great placepacino2124Dined on 5/26/2014I really enjoyed the food here. We had the appetizer for 2 which included baked clams, wasabi calamari, and bacon wrapped shrimp. The calamari definitely could have been crispier, but that is the only complaint I can make about any of the food that I had. The black ravioli that I had for dinner was the delicious, and the creme brulee that I had for dessert was one of the best I've ever had. The seating area felt a little cramped, and there was a crying toddler a few feet away during most of the meal, but the food made it worth putting up with. I'll definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Graduation dinnerYummyVIPDined on 5/24/2014We came here for my boyfriends MBA graduation dinner with my parents we had 8:00 reservations sat night MDW SO crowded great that they are doing such good business. They did sit us appropriately in the requested area after my family had to ask a few more times, we understood it was very crowded but this was the reason for my reservation and my special request on the reservation. But the young man helped us out and we were happy with our seating and our meal, we love this place and will return in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerMetsfanDined on 5/23/2014Pasta Pasta is a perfect location to celebrate a special occasion or have a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousGigiDined on 5/23/2014I went for my graduation dinner, and the food was absolutely delicious! (The dessert menu could use some work, but the appetizers and main courses were some of the best I've had in the area.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 657 reviews are from the Pasta Pasta reviews archive.
- cometDined on 5/16/2014Excellent food. We plan on returning in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceButtonsDined on 5/9/2014The wife and I went out for a special birthday dinner. The appetizer for two included exquisite baked clams and above-average, wasabi calamari. Entrees were good and servers stayed on top of everything. Would definitely recommend Pasta Pasta for a nice occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Old FriendMasquedDined on 5/8/2014We had eaten at Pasta Pasta a number of years ago and thought it quite nice. Then we moved away for 8 years so our evening the other night was the first time we have eaten there in many years. We found everything to be plesantly of the same high standard that they were years ago. I think their clalmari is some of the best ever.Special Features:
- Great burgerChrise2Dined on 5/6/2014Pasta pasta is known for their, um, pasta. And it's excellent. However, I went for lunch and decided to try the burger. It was excellent! It was also nice and quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/4/2014Food is excellent and affordable. Great ambience without a need for dressing up. Service is terrific. I've only been there twice, but it's my go to in Port Jefferson now.Special Features:
- Great choice for restaurant weekpacmanDined on 5/3/2014We went as a party of 4 for restaurant week. Service and food were both excellent, and portions were filling. Seated by the front windows which was a nice location but a little tight.Special Features:
- Great experienceSingerDined on 4/27/2014The restaurant has fantastic food something for everyone and everything is very good. We went for restaurant week and have to say the food was as good and the portion as nice as it always is. I always reccomend itSpecial Features:
- Courteous staffJessieDined on 4/26/2014We brought my elderly aunt for an early dinner, not from the area I relied on trip advisor to find a good Italian restaurant. We were extremely happy with the recommendation. Pasta pasta was handicap accessible, the Meal was well prepped not overly salty, very healthy and delicious. My god mother ate her entire meal on at 84 years old that shows how much she loved it and she still considered a dessert to take home. The entire staff was helpful and courteous. The menu was full of creative and healthy dishes and the bread was amazing, a full round comes fresh out of the oven and is seasoned with a garlic and vegetable purée, very tasty!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatPhillyGirl7Dined on 4/19/2014The pasta itself was good, but not extraordinary. The black ravioli with lobster filling was a generous portion of good, but not awe-inspiring, pasta pillows filled with a typical ricotta filling, as far as I could tell. I was disappointed, as I love lobster, and hoped that that taste would come through , however subtle. The fresh tomato sauce was tasty and flavorful, but completely masked any taste of lobster( if there was any). I expect homemade pasta to be silky and tender,; this was good, but no oohs and aahs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint and cozy ...... Nice settingbobaqueDined on 4/19/2014Ideal for couples. Excellent food and service. Great location next to parking lot. In the heart of beautiful Port Jefferson. Prices are moderate. Great for walking the neighborhood afterwards for scenic views and / or ice cream!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentSteveDined on 4/18/2014We've been repeat customers for many years and have never had a bad meal. Whether as a couple for a night out, a special occasion or a small group, we've enjoyed every visit.Special Features:
- Local comfort spotSteakAficionadoDined on 4/16/2014Pasta Pasta never disappoints. Grilled asparagus with romano to start and angel hair with chicken and julienne pepperoni are delish. Leave room for dessert - chocolate bag comprised of dark chocolate in the shape of a bag filled with white chocolate mousse, fresh berries and whipped cream is one of the best desserts I've ever eaten. The wine list is modest but truly affordable as is everything on the menu. It's a very good local choice regardless of whether you desire an intimate dinner for two or want to enjoy a very nice meal with your entire family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DarleneDined on 4/16/2014Anthony the host is phenomenal!...Can't get enough of him!!!!Special Features:
- satisfactoryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2014I heard so much about this restaurant so we book a reservation for a Saturday night.when we arrived a couple minutes early we check in and was told there was a little wait..Twenty five minutes later we were sat.At least the hostess asked if we wanted any drinks witch was good.when we got to the table our waiter came right over and took our order.once we got our food it looked ok but it wasn't nothing special for the price.my wife had some pasta with lobster on top and when she got it the lobster spelled so fishy that she didn't even eat the lobster.i had the pork pizza and that was ok but would not get it again if we went back.we had a pear salad witch was really good and the best part of the meal was the bread .Special Features:
- When we were seated the diningKarenDined on 4/5/2014When we were seated the dining room has a pungent smell. It turns out it was fresh Parmesan cheese that was on the bar as soon as we walked in. It was noticed by other diners as well. Fortunately, the mait're d moved it. We have dined there many times and always enjoy this place and look forward to going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but a high noiseIslandtimeDined on 4/5/2014Good food but a high noise level making conversations difficultSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGibarbra24VIPDined on 4/2/2014I always leave Pasta Pasta happy! The food is delicious, the ambiance is perfect and the waitstaff is incredible. Pasta Pasta is everything I look for in a good restaurant. It is definitely one of my favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just love this restaurant!!LizzygirlDined on 3/30/2014Just love this restaurant!! Food is delicious!! Waiters and waitresses are just wonderful. Restaurant always clean!!! Prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think the food was excellentCandyDined on 3/29/2014I think the food was excellent and the host was wonderful in picking the right table for us. We had great food, wine and atmosphere.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerlichefDined on 3/28/2014Went there for our anniversary. very romantic, food and service were very good. they put a candle on our dessert to celebrate our anniversary. Loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with FriendsBhmumhDined on 3/25/2014I was a very quiet evening with good food and good friends. We love pasta pasta. Will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Good serviceDannyCDined on 3/21/2014This was my first time at Pasta Pasta, and my wife and I really enjoyed it, the food was excellent, service was great, would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meallichefDined on 3/20/2014One of my favorite restaurants, have been going there for years. Consistenly good food love that it has more to offer then just good pasta dishes. Very friendly service and the bread is to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/19/2014The grilled monk fish was excellent with organic spring mix and light dressing. The pizza wasn't good, fresh tomatoes instead of a smooth sauce and low quality mozzarella cheese, I wouldn't recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem Among So SoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014Recommended by friends and SURPRISE! a very nice dinning experience.Special Features:
- Unbelievable food. Great portions!kameleonDined on 3/5/2014Unbelievable food. Great portions! Service was professional and courteous. It was my 21st anniversary and they welcomed us with Champaign and good wishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a wonderful night out.mordylanDined on 3/1/2014Just a wonderful night out. My wife had the tortellini with lobster dish and I had the Seafood fra diablo both were to die for. The waitress although quite busy with a full house was very attentive. If in Port Jefferson don't pass up a opportunity.Special Features:
- Never FailsginaDined on 2/28/2014We love Pasta Pasta and have always been delighted with the food and servers every time we've gone (we've been going for years). It never fails. It's very satisfying to know that when we go to Pasta Pasta the food and service are always consistently wonderful. The only issue that keeps us from going more often is the parking difficulties in Port Jefferson in the summer, winter seems to be easier to park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!ConroyDined on 2/20/2014Me and my best friend have been dining at Pasta Pasta since it opened in 1991. When I met my husband, him and I have been going there also. Over the years it has gone through it's changes but has remained to be a great place to re-connect and enjoy a fabulous dinner. Pasta Pasta has a great dining atmosphere as well. The service is always great. We always recommend that Anthony serve us as he is always so welcoming, friendly and just great all around! So all in all, I give Pasta Pasta a 5 star rating and I have never had a bad experience in 13 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CozyRokkellDined on 2/17/2014We found the place to be VERY cozy, the lighting was all amber tones and looked like a fireplace was lit somewhere. The ambient music was just loud enough for privacy. The food came out in a timely manner and was delicious!Special Features:
- Just AverageMedfordResiDined on 2/17/2014No other way to describe it other than "average". The service was OK and attentive at times, but the appetizers took a long time to be served. The prosciutto with the mozzarella was tasteless and a bit chewy. Pasta with crab and lobster meat was very good. All in all not a bad experience but I wouldn't go out of my way to go there again. Chianti by the glass was just average, especially for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Townie Go-to!emaredeeDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I grew up in the area,dining here and we continue to return on occasion after moving 40 miles away. In less words than more; You can not go wrong! Bon Appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleasesluvcfoodDined on 2/14/2014Pasta Pasta is always great. Their food and service are consistently excellent. They never raise their normal prices for a holiday like New Year's Eve. They have holiday specials and again, their prices are not rip-offs. Their lunches are also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedrickDined on 2/14/2014Great food, service, and ambience. I requested a specific table with my reservation, and the restaurant accomodated it graciously. Excellent, moderately priced wine list that included a great selection of local wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food and ServiceLouisDined on 2/9/2014We had a great table by the window on a quiet Sunday night. We never felt rushed while deciding on the wine or what apps and main dishes we were going to have. We settled on the Grilled Asparagus, Parma Prosciutto and shaved Romano over arugula and the blackened chicken and shrimp apps. Huge portions and so delicious. We had the Seafood Fra Diavolo and baked chicken cutlet as mains and everything was hot, fresh and delicious. The waitstaff were attentive without being intrusive and we never felt abandoned. It was a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.