Marleys Island Grille
35 Office Park Rd
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Marleys Island Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marleyshhi.com/
- Phone: 8436865800x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm. Ice Cream Shop and Trading Company opens at 12:00 Noon.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Josh Castillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available! Call to discuss your needs with the Chef.
- Entertainment: We have a dog Friendly Patio and lots of great games for kids, families and anyone who wants to have a little fun with Dinner.
Giant Jenga, Ring Toss, Giant-Toss Tic-Tac-Toe.
Grab some of our Home Made scoop or a Soft Serve Ice Cream and enjoy the Patio even if not Dining.
A word from Marleys Island Grille
Another fine restaurant by SERG Group: Marleys Island Grille features a casual, yet sophisticated, upbeat, fun tropical environment. We are passionate about serving only the freshest wood-fired grilled seafood, steaks, succulent lobsters and much more. Our full service bar prepares the most refreshing, coolest libations, specializing in mojitos, margaritas, house made sangria and tropical drinks. Don"t forget to visit Marleys Homemade Ice Cream and Trading Company next door!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Marleys Island Grille - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Marleys Island Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
kid-friendly (91)good for groups (78)neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (33)hot spot (25)great for outdoor dining (24)special occasion (22)vibrant bar scene (19)great for lunch (15)late-night find (8)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good food pricy for what you getKathySDined on 4/21/2014We have been here many times. Prices do seem out of line with comparable restaurants. The VERY low lighting makes it difficult to see what you are eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I go to Marley's whenever in townPacoDined on 4/20/2014My family and I enjoy the atmosphere, friendly service and great tasting food. My friends and I enjoy the appetizers and vibrant bar.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2014There was a group of five and each of us had a wonderful meal. The food was fabulous. The only drawback was that it seemed the wait person was rushing us a bit.Special Features:
- Great food & service.Luv2chewDined on 4/16/2014The interior reminded me of Tortola. The She Crab Chowder was the best I've had on HH. I had the talapia and my husband had the low country boil. Before we left, we made a reservation for another night during our stay. Luv2chewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I need an umbrella drinkBejeannieDined on 4/15/2014This place has great drinks. I wanted something tropical and they brought me something full of fruit, rum and an umbrella! The food was super good. We all ordered something different and shared. Gluten free was no problem either.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/15/2014Have been going to Marleys for years. The food is always good. Its always convenient to be able to make a reservation. Great variety on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 4/15/2014The food was great and the service was excellent. I definitely would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2014Food portions small and pricey. When asked for a salad without Hearts of Palm, it came with and the waiter noticed by saying well they put them in anyway, without offering another salad or discount. Steamed shrimp (in beer and Old Bay seasoning) came in a broth but were practically tasteless. $10 appetizer of bacon wrapped shrimp came with 4 small shrimp. Very dark Many better places on Hilton Head Island to experience. I feel like we wasted a night's dining experience on this obvious tourist trap.
- Pleasant surpriseDebbieDined on 4/7/2014I will never read unfavorable reviews again! What a great dining experience! The "She Crab Chowder" was outstanding. From the upstate NY area, we had never had it before. The crab cakes were great, also. Loved the different sides also. Think outside the box and enjoy a wonderful Meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spring break 2014JeffDined on 4/6/2014They were great. Took a reservation for 12. Food was good, service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Food - TERRIBLE ServiceCUdinersDined on 4/5/2014Sugar Cane Grilled Scallops that everyone raves about were nothing special, not bad, but not great. The waitress was mean, seemed constantly annoyed, and screwed up/couldn't remember orders. Overall, the experience was just "okay"...I would not recommend this restaurant (particularly for the price, $60 for 2 people), go to the Sea Shack instead - much more local, better food, and service that actually makes you feel welcome.
- Marley's was Great!KingLizard1VIPDined on 4/4/2014We had 15 people on a Friday night and they took us with 30 minutes notice. The service was great and so was the food. This restaurant rocks! DaleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our normal experienceHHIDaveDined on 4/4/2014Normally we have a great experience at Marley's however, this time I can't say that. We were somewhat undecided on our meal choices, so the waitress had to come back a second time to get the rest of our groups order. I am guessing things were busy, as I never received my salad and our friends chicken was undercooked. We will return in the future, but if these mishaps occur more often our visits will be further apart.Special Features:
- The service was great. ThehhibelieverDined on 4/4/2014The service was great. The food came in a timely fashion and was hot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay - Not GreatBrockVIPDined on 3/31/2014It is a noisy place - I had a teriyaki sirloin (very tough) with a strange, medicinal flavor. My wife had mussels, which she said were quite good. The food was not worth the price. Our server, Joy, was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Place To DineTommySDined on 3/30/2014We dined there in the evening. The restaurant has recently changed ownership and added several new items. We each had something different and everything was excellent. The service was very good and our server did a great job. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go out of their way to pleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2014They have swordfish on the menu and I asked the waiter if I could get it blackened, he said yes. It came out perfect, blackened and tender on the inside.Special Features:
- Marleys is a favorite of myOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2012Marleys is a favorite of my husband. He orders the Tropical Shrimp & Chicken Kettle every time. It's pineapple and vegetables simmered in coconut red curry sauce with toasted peanuts & jasmine rice.Special Features:
- We have eaten at Marley'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2012We have eaten at Marley's on numerous occasions and have always found the food offerings to be excellent in preparation and variety. My thoughts this year though were that we were rushed in and out so quickly that I wasn't sure that i had eaten. I know it is "inseason" but this was a little over the top. just something to think about.Special Features:
- Great restaurant near ColignyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012Went to Marley's twice on my last vacation to HHI. Not the best menu for land-lovers, but my boyfriend LOVED the seafood. Would definitely go back.
- Whenever we visit Hilton Head,luv2dinekmkVIPDined on 7/1/2012Whenever we visit Hilton Head, we dine at Marley's Island Grille! We have never been disappointed. Our waitress, Joy, was energetic, attentive and upbeat. She made us feel like we were regulars. The food was delicous, and they accommodated our requests. We are especially thrilled that Marleys is on Open Table. We make our reservations before we leave home, and are assured we will not have to wait for our table. We look forward to next summer's visit!Special Features:
- My Wife and I really enjoyedDrsteele75Dined on 5/17/2012My Wife and I really enjoyed the menu and the energetic atmosphere - great palceSpecial Features:
- One of my favorite resterauntsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/4/2012One of my favorite resteraunts ever. Lobster tacos are incredible.Special Features:
- The food was not very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2011The food was not very good. maybe a bad night i am not sure. We did hear the table next to us comment that their food was also not very good. We were on vacation and thought it would be a nice place for dinner. we were mistaken. The service was not very good. took a long time for drink refills. food was fast but that may have been the problem.
- The food was incredible, fromOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2011The food was incredible, from start to finish! Service was great, very friendly, helpful and courteous. Loved the decor too!Special Features:
- had a great meal. The managerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2011had a great meal. The manager came over and asked how our visit was going and really made the difference. had a great timeSpecial Features:
- Great neighborhood dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2011Great neighborhood dinner. We've loved Marley's in the past and it was fun to introduce our friends to it. They enjoyed it very much. Great service, tooSpecial Features:
- Excellent service and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2011Excellent service and great food. Lighting was bad but easily overcome. Having the live music and ice cream after dinner just next door was perfect. Family friendly with a good variety of food for all tastes. Make reservations during the busy season because it can get crowded.Special Features:
- This was our second trip toNPS2014Dined on 8/21/2011This was our second trip to Marley's. While we found the food good, it was a bit pricey. That being said, the staff was friendly and the overall ambience (along with the creative dishes) makes Marley's a good place to check out at least once.Special Features:
- Food was good, looked as ifOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2011Food was good, looked as if we were in the Bahamas :)
- We love Marleys!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2011Marley's is always on our list of "must visits" each year when we go to Hilton Head. The food and service are always great!Special Features:
- good place to eat.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2011I was very impressed with marley's. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. Service was good. The only negative was the salad dressing tasted like pure vinegar. We could not eat it. We mentioned it to the waiter. No offer to compensate us. Or to replace it with something else. He just picked up the plates without a word to our telling him that we could not eat the salad. Other than that it was good.Special Features:
- Funny place with a substantialJKB0157VIPDined on 8/16/2011Funny place with a substantial menu for everyone at our table from ribs were the meat fell off the bones to tasty crab cakes and delicious musclesSpecial Features:
- Neat decor, very good foodBirthdayGirl60Dined on 8/13/2011Neat decor, very good food with ample portions, and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- We have been to Marleys inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2011We have been to Marleys in the past and couldn't wait to go back. We were very disappointed this time. The food was very bland and nothing special. Too expensive for the quality of food!! We found out that it is under new ownership since the last time we ate there - no wonder....
- The grouper fish tacos andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2011The grouper fish tacos and the superdupa grouper are our absolute favorites. Great salads (with hearts of palm - mmmmm). My mom and dad dine here everynight when they are in town they love it so much.Special Features:
- Don't miss Marley's!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2011A must when you visit HHI! Fun music when/if you have to wait. Excellent menu, save room for ice cream on the patio afterward while you enjoy more music (music may be seasonal) Kids love it but I wouldn't call it kid place. Family oriented but great for all! Upbeat staff that is well trained.Special Features:
- Food was decent. Place wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2011Food was decent. Place was packed. Felt rushed to get out and let others eat.Special Features:
- Tropical findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2011This is a fun upbeat restaurant with large menu that everyone can easily find something they like. The children's menu is good also. My boys love steak and mashed potatoes, and it's nice to see that on the kids menu, and not just the standard fried stuff. The island decor makes you feel like you are on vacation in the Caribbean., plus the wide array of tropical drinks tops it off ! The best part is the ice cream parlor in conjunction to the restaurant. Get your handmade gourmet ice cream, hang outside the courtyard, and people watch !Special Features: