Match 65 Brasserie (formerly Paris Match)
29 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Match 65 Brasserie (formerly Paris Match)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.match65.com/
- Phone: 2127374400x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Monday to Friday from 11am to 4pm
DINNER: Monday to Sunday from 4pm to Midnight
BRUNCH: Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 4pm
DELIVERY: Same as above
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Steakhouse, French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Banquet and Privare Dining Room for Breakfast, Week end Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Cocktail, Wines and Passed Hors D'oeuvres Reception are available. Delivery, Take Out and Catering are offered 7 Days a week from 10am to midnight. Personal wines are welcome (corkage fee may be applied).
- Private Party Facilities:
50 Seat down
80 Cocktails & passed hors d’oeuvres
FLAT SCREEN TV, Surround Sound
PRIX FIX: Available Upon Request
- Private Party Contact: Silvia Nordio at 2122496565x
- Entertainment: Entertainment is offered on special occasions and/or during Private Event (please inquire within).
- Special Events: Banquet and Privare Dining Room for Breakfast, Week end Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Cocktail, Wines and Passed Hors D'oeuvres Reception are available. Delivery, Take Out and Catering are offered 7 Days a week from 10am to midnight. Personal wines are welcome (corkage fee may be applied).
- Cross Street: Madison and Park Avenue
- Public Transit: 4-5-6 to 59 street or 67 street station
NR to fifth Avenue or 59 street station
F to 63 street station
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: METERS on Madison Avenue
FREE PARKING on park Avenue
PAYING PARKING next door of the restaurant
A word from Match 65 Brasserie (formerly Paris Match)
Offering the French brasserie experience “without the attitude”, this UES “secret gem” draws an “elbow-to-elbow” Euro crowd into its “suave”, “fairly authentic Parisian” digs; “consistently well-prepared” classics at relatively “reasonable” rates and “amiable, competent” service complete the “pleasant” picture. Zagat 2013 ratings: 21-21-21Continued
Match 65 Brasserie is open non-stop 365 days until late
Match 65 Brasserie is open non-stop 365 days until late
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Match 65 Brasserie (formerly Paris Match) reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)great for outdoor dining (15)great for lunch (15)romantic (14)fit for foodies (13)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (5)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)good for groups (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Family OutingmusicdocVIPDined on 1/19/2014Our family attending a nearby theater performance and made Sunday dinner reservations at Match 65. We were treated very well and with great warmth by the staff. The food was truly outstanding and the atmosphere perfect for a cold winter's evening. We would all gladly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great timeBondDined on 12/20/2013I found Match 65 to be a nice place to come eat with friends, I was there with my wife and daughter, it has an authentic Brasserie feel to it. The people are very friendly and the menu has something for everyone. Steak, Seafood even Cheeseburgers and a great wine list. I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfect dinner!Marq04VIPDined on 12/19/2013We had a great dinner. The only thing that would have made it better would have been red wine at cellar temperature. Our server was very helpful and immediately brought an ice bucket so we could get the red Chassagne-Montrachet to about 58 degrees....but it would be even better if the reds were properly stored to begin with. But we had a lovely dinner. Great food, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious bistro dinnerUESiderDined on 12/18/2013We were given a gift certificate and probably wouldn't have come otherwise. Were delighted with our dinner, service etc. My husband, who had steak au poivre, said it was one of the best he had had. My veal chop was outstanding, if pricey. The major downside is the wine prices -- unusually high for a bistro! Even the carafes were very expensive. We were happy we had a gift certificate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Braised beef ribs is the specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/15/2013Braised beef ribs is the special for Sunday night. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish there were more like this!MarieVIPDined on 12/15/2013Located in an area with few down to earth places, Match 65 is a classic brasserie with a straightforward menu and prices. Staff are genuinely nice and service is not intrusive. My friend is very particular about her food, and everything was prepared exactly as she asked. Place is a bit narrow and a bit dark and the tables are a bit close, but that's a brasserie. We were there for a late lunch on Sunday, and a lot of children and babies were brought in, which is the one drawback. (Probably the reasonable prices have something to do with that. Given that it's narrow, dark, etc. it's not a place where I would have brought my own children.) Will return, when in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Felt like I was in the 7th!restaurantproDined on 11/16/2013I was at Le Penguin for the 3rd time in 2 weeks on Sunday. It was wonderful, again! I dine out 7 nights a weeks, in CT and NYC, and a tough task master, restaurant-wise. Le Penguin feels like a vacation in Paris..... The staff is knowledgable, courteous, friendly and professional. The menu has something for everyone.... delicate fish, hardy burgers, delectable salads and the best fries, ever! It's a tiny little jewel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Each time I return, I likeKpmvVIPDined on 11/4/2013Each time I return, I like this place more.. Good food.. Good staff..good house wine..Special Features:
- A memorable eveningDavidDined on 11/2/2013A delightful restaurant where you are made to feel welcome and comfortable. Great ambiance and the place has excellent service, great on individual attention to diners, and a lively spirit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy swinging door!KpmvVIPDined on 10/19/2013Was seated near the annoyingly noisy swinging and very active kitchen door ...it needs an oil job! And the seating arrangements should be corrected.. The food was good, but service dragged...the fish good but the serving was childlike in size.. Ok place for quick bite of good food..I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute Bistro for the UESBellabravaDined on 10/12/2013Generally partial to downtown bistros, but this one is cute and well-run. Highly recommend the fresh-pressed brunch juices. Brunch is pricey but a nice setting and Madison Avenue/65th is pretty enough that the outdoor dining on the street isn't a bad option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to recommend itaidaDined on 10/2/2013My husband and I had visited this restaurant on 2 prior occasions for a late lunch and found it charming and the food pretty good. Last evening we met friends for dinner and it was one of the most awful dining experiences ever! The noise level was deafening, the service non existent, the food was awful (my "special" was bland and tasteless, my husband's steak was too salty to eat) and the tab was high. We won't be back...ever.
- great food and atmosphereGiuliaDined on 9/26/2013Match is a real french bistro with great food and atmosphere. I loved the bouillabaisse and the onion soup. The pizzettas and the tuna tartare are excellent appetizers. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just moved in the neighborhoodLabmagDined on 9/24/2013Just moved in the Neighborhood and discover this super cute , French bistro'! I' ve been there already twice this week and Pleasently surprised by the non "French attitude" of this yummy little restaurant!! Try their cheeseburger with truffle French fries or The tuna tartare... And on the way to the gym stop by for the young green ( fresh juice w kale,celery and apple.. Delish) I 'm going to try their delivery service today!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A TASTE OF PARISYankees78Dined on 9/23/2013We go there often as much as twice a week. The atmosphere is very "friendly chic" with small tables very close to each others so expect to rub elbows with beautiful Euros & celebrities. consistent food & service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dining with attentiveBillVIPDined on 9/22/2013Delicious dining with attentive service at this friendly venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was great; brunch was notJulieVIPDined on 9/21/2013Very good fois gras on toast; excellent trout amandine. Service was fine, but the non-French waiters should stop referring to everyone, including three middle-aged women, as "you guys" and should stop saying "no problem" instead of "you're welcome." While dinner was excellent, brunch the very next day was a disaster, as they completely neglected to bring my husband his meal while mine was delivered instantly. 40 minutes after arriving, I was finished, and he never got a meal. The waiter's only remarks were that the chef took the orders in order received, and that everyone arrived at once. This was not true, as we were the second party to arrive, at 11 am when they open for brunch.Special Features:
- GoodKpmvVIPDined on 9/21/2013Overall a good place when you cannot come up with anything elseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good! Recommended for sure.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2013I have eaten at Match 65 a few times in the past, but this is the first time I used OpenTable to go there. Always great food, the tuna tartar is an excellent choice for appetizer. The drink selection is great and there's a small bar if you just want to stop in for a break. Staff is always helpful and knowledgeable, and I always leave full and satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to returningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/14/2013We were looking for a restaurant close to the Park Avenue Armory and found Match. There were four of us and we all enjoyed the food. I had the steak tartar and it was the best I'd had since Paris. The veal chops were also excellent. The service was a might slow toward the end. We had plenty of time so it was not a problem. The espresso was weak and my desert was described as strawberries and cream. It arrived with whipped cream. Technically they were correct but I was disappointed. But all in all we are looking forward to returning. The good food was the key.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, well located,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2013Nice place, well located, high prices, poor service.
- Lovely decor but the fooddecerningdinerVIPDined on 9/8/2013Lovely decor but the food is sub par. I had an artichoke that was warm on the outside freezing cold on the inside. Onion soup was not crustey and bubbly. My husband did not like his eggs.
- Darling neighborhood gemamateurgormetDined on 9/1/2013We had a lovely dinner on a Sunday night at Match 65. It felt like a neighborhood restaurant which is not easy to find in Manhattan - especially mid/uptown. Darling restaurant with wonderful service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced Diner QualityFoodieVIPDined on 8/18/2013Went there for brunch. Food was not bad, but certainly not worth the prices. Overall a forgettable experience - definitely expected more.
- Classic without the stuffiness,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2013Classic without the stuffiness, the food was delicious and the staff incredibly polite and on top of our table.Special Features:
- 5 stars for a nice and buzzyONTOURDined on 8/13/20135 stars for a nice and buzzy bistro which offers excellent crab cakes, steak frites, mussels, coq au vin, a great selection of beers and a nice variety of wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Very loud!StrunzagopVIPDined on 8/6/2013This place is hit or miss. It can be painfully loud as it was on our last visit. The menu disappointed us in that it has had a few slight changes since our last visit. The food is okay but it is expensive for a neighborhood bistro. I used to like Match and go there often but our last two visits make us less likely to go back for awhile. The food isn't good enough to lure us. Maybe we'll bring ear plugs next time.
- enjoyable eveningcrtiqueDined on 7/14/2013restaurant is charming bistro with good food, attentive staff, and French inspired atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow serviceStrunzagopVIPDined on 6/19/2013The staff was very nice but getting food from the kitchen to the tables took forever. I'm talking 20-25 minutes between courses! Hey guys let's get moving in the kitchen, shall we? I like this place otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forget about the jam....OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/16/2013Had Father's Day brunch. Ordered mushroom, cheese, potato omelets. Have to rename it: potato pancake. No mushroom, no cheese and hardly any eggs. When we asked for jam for the toast -- this is not an item they serve. A French Bistro -- no preserves. Odd? Came once to table - never asked if we wanted anything else. We would have since we were still hungry. On the positive side, lovely spot. Sat outside on a sunny day. I do not know what the rest of the menu was like since we all have the same item.Special Features:
- excellent!AngelamortimerDined on 5/31/2013Great neighborhood and great bistro spot with wonderful food, vibe and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood place2LBdiningDined on 5/11/2013Match 65 serves traditional brasserie fare. Quality of the meats was excellent. We had steak frites and a veal chop. Both were tender and delicious. Totally recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemdinesoutalotVIPDined on 5/7/2013This restaurant is fantastic- food...service..atmosphere. I have eaten there 3 times over the last 4 months and our experience has been consistently outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere, food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/2013Atmosphere, food and service were amazing. Our server was the highlight. Thank you very much.Special Features:
- Real bistro food; well prepared.LiketoeatVIPDined on 4/22/2013Real bistro food; well prepared. Not much in wines; that was a surprise vSpecial Features:
- VERY GOOD FOOD . I WAS VERYOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2013VERY GOOD FOOD . I WAS VERY PLEASED WITH WHERE THEY SAT ME AND MY BOYFRIEND IN A CUTE ROUND BOOTH . I WOULD GO AGAIN , SERVICE WAS GOOD . PLACE WAS BEAUTIFUL! OUR FOOD CAME OUT QUICK I WAS SUPRISED .Special Features:
- This is the second time I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2013This is the second time I've eaten here, and the first time was fantastic. This time, however, we experienced very poor service. I was in a party of 3, and we were seated at a table for 2. Since we were so cramped, we asked the hostess if we could combine the empty table next to us with our table. We thought our request would be accommodated, since the restaurant was half-empty. However, she denied our request, stating that a big party was expected to come in 10 minutes. After 15 minutes, no big party arrived (and the restaurant remained half-empty), and we ate with our dishes on top of one another.Special Features:
- Fun French bistro with veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/7/2013Fun French bistro with very good food. Limited outdoor seating, great location.
- Local gemAjeeVIPDined on 4/5/2013Always a good local restaurant, tables close together, we were neglected quite a bit,but was a busy mightSpecial Features:
- Good food ( not great ) excellentcowboyVIPDined on 4/1/2013Good food ( not great ) excellent service would go backSpecial Features: