The Daily Catch Seaport
2 Northern Ave.
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Daily Catch Seaport
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dailycatch.com/seaport.html
- Phone: 6177724400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Basil Freddura
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: For catering inquire please contact: email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: We offer several options for private functions and events. During the summer season we have outdoor patio space overlooking the Boston harbor and city skyline that can accommodate parties up 250 people. During the off-season we have a newly renovated bar and private room that can accommodate 50 or if you book our entire restaurant we can accommodate 100 people in total. Visit our website and download our function menu: www.dailycatch.com/seaport.html
- Private Party Contact: Manager 6177724400
- Special Events: We offer several options for private functions and events. During the summer season we have outdoor patio space overlooking the Boston harbor and city skyline that can accommodate parties up 250 people. During the off-season we have a newly renovated bar and private room that can accommodate 50 or if you book our entire restaurant we can accommodate 100 people in total.
A word from The Daily Catch Seaport
With our black pasta dish: Aglio Olio rated top 100 in the country, The Daily Catch - Seaport is considered by many as the best place to enjoy Pasta, Seafood and most importantly Calamari in Boston. Footsteps from the water, you can enjoy the ocean breeze while sipping wine or cocktails on our Outdoor Patio. Or you can sit in any of our newly renovated dinning rooms with stunning views of the Boston Harbor and City Skyline while taking in the aroma of fresh ingredients from our open kitchen. We are the #1 Seafood Restaurant in Boston's Seaport District according to Zagat Food Ratings. Your reservation is only a click away! Please note: The Daily Catch - Seaport gladly accepts online reservations for our indoor dining-room. We are, however, unable to accept online reservations for our outdoor patio due to our inability to guarantee favorable weather conditions. Patio seating is offered to patrons, as weather and availability permits, on a first-come, first-serve basis. Thank You!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Daily Catch Seaport - Best Restaurants in Seaport ›
The Daily Catch Seaport reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (132)scenic view (127)good for groups (43)romantic (42)special occasion (38)fit for foodies (29)great for lunch (24)neighborhood gem (18)kid-friendly (15)notable wine list (14)late-night find (11)great for brunch (10)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Go for the viewNIXVIXDined on 7/11/2014The food and service at this restaurant is just so-so. The homemade squid ink pasta is great, but the sauce on the Puttanesca was uninspired. The French fries were delicious, but the fried fish was dry. The grilled vegetables were more steamed than grilled - and bland. The squid in the pasta with garlic/oil/wine sauce was overcooked. The biscotti for dessert was poor quality and stale. The service was uneven. But all that doesn't matter when you are sitting outside on a summer day or evening looking out over the water at the Boston harbor. If you go for the view and don't expect much from the food, you will have a lovely time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waterfront gemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/8/2014I had been craving their black pasta since I tried it a year ago in the Brookline location but the Seaport location was as magnificent as the food was good. Also the Seaport location is much more spacious than the other locations which makes for a completely different atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodPmc1117Dined on 7/7/2014We've eaten several times at The Daily Catch and the food is always great. Great service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local place goes tourist trapKittyVIPDined on 7/6/2014On a nice Sunday early afternoon when one wants lunch or brunch in the neighborhood, this place only serves dinner. And at $22 for fish & chips I recommend going to Legal's for half the price and less grease. In addition, when ordering iced tea be weary of getting refills as offered by the waitress because you will be charged $4.25 each time. Spending close to $13 on iced tea makes Starbucks look like a bargain!Special Features:
- This is what they do for a living?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/29/2014Arrived early for 8:45 dinner reservation on a beautiful evening. Waitress in bar was outstanding; appetizer was good. Moved to our table on time - 8:45. Waited about 20 minutes to see our waitress - no water, no bread, no fun. The waitress was pleasant, but appeared harried and tired. By 9:30 my wife had her glass of wine. Placed our dinner order and had some bread/butter thrown our way. Literally, thrown. Busboys were busy, too. Waited and waited. Waitress came by once or twice to apologize. No offer of appetizers, etc. Just sat and waited. Around 10:30 we explained that we were hungry and we were leaving. They explained that our food was just coming out! We declined. They did charge us for the glass of wine, of course!
- Can't beat the viewMediumRareDined on 6/29/2014On the one hand, I love this restaurant because it has excellent outdoor dining and the best view of the Boston waterfront. On the other hand, the food should be much better, e.g., their pasta or salads with shrimp are very good, but VERY skimpy on the shrimp (in fact, the salads are just skimpy altogether) - and they could do much better with the bread. Even worse is the service. The last time I was there for lunch (mostly empty), we waited way too long for our food and was given some excuse for the hold up. This time (a Sunday night), there was another excuse for the slow service. Not enough cooks and skimpy meals...I'm wondering if the place has a management problem (at least the wait staff is very nice)...too cheap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MANGIA CALAMARIJPSPATHVIPDined on 6/28/2014The outdoor patio serves up spectacular views of the Boston Harbor and City Skyline. We chose as our entrees the Monkfish Marsala and the Stuffed Calamari. The monkfish medallions were tasty and well prepared with an olive oil and garlic clam sauce served over imported linguine. The stuffed calamari was prepared with a sicilian style stuffing over imported linguine fini pasta served in the pan. Both entrees were more than we could eat although we did save room to share a delicious Limoncello Marscapone. The staff appeared inexperienced and although some reviews in the past complained about the service we found them to be prompt, accurate and attentive. Overall it was a very pleasant experience at a reasonable cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Office PartyJRDDMDDined on 6/27/2014Fit the bill for a fun Friday night out with the office crew. We ate outside overlooking the water and had a pleasant experience with a good selection of entrees to satisfy everyone's various wants. Staff was very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NETWODined on 6/22/2014Excellent seafood and seafood pasta dishes with outdoor seating, great views of Boston Harbor and downtown buildings and sunset light. Delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view, Meh foodJamesWDined on 6/22/2014Food was ok but not great, tourist level. Choice of sides - pasta and salad with entree, but salad was served at same time as entree. Long wait for food. We did not get olive oil for the bread but adjacent tables did. Bread was tasteless. Better food quality options with waterfront dining down the street.Special Features:
- Daily CatchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2014I've dined here many times. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and viewMizzoufanDined on 6/19/2014Our friends recommended The Daily Catch because of the great food. We decided to dine at this location because we were able to make reservations and did not have to pay with cash. The food, service, and view were fantastic! Be sure to try the calamari and garlic bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CalamariOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014If you like/love calamari then this is the place to go. I've never seen that many ways to serve calamari on one menu beforeSpecial Features:
- thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014great business dinner and the daily catch backed me up.Special Features:
- Great Food and Views. Poor Service!FrSeed2StomachDined on 6/18/2014I brought some international colleagues here for a taste and view of Boston. We made a 5:15 reservation for a Wednesday evening. They seated us promptly even though we were still waiting for colleagues to join us. We had several wait staff attend to us throughout the evening and while they were all very nice, our head waiter was not what I would expect from The Daily Catch. He messed up several of our orders and was slow to fix his errors (forgetting drinks, bringing salads and soups out immediately before the main course, mispronouncing "al dente," etc). I ordered a cup of clam chowder and got a bowl. My colleague ordered the lobster fra diavlo with the squid ink pasta but got regular pasta. His responses were not apologetic.Special Features:
- fell far short of expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014I understand the waiter was training and this isn't too bash him but he was very bad. wrong drinks on several orders and even after correcting the waiter he still brought the wrong drinks. he knew very little about the menu and brought the wrong food to two of us. food was not hot when served (not cold but not hot either, like it was sitting for several minutes before being served) the food itself was fair. "World famous calimari" was unimpressive and overly fried so all I really tasted was the thick batter. don't think I'll be backSpecial Features:
- We'll be back!NoNameDined on 6/15/2014Our table was ready on time. The service was relaxed, not too slow. The seared tuna was excellent and cooked perfectly. The grilled shrimp and scallops over veges were also perfectly cooked. Not pretentious--just good food!Special Features:
- skippeighDined on 6/14/2014The food was good but not impressive. The service was excellent. My dish was served in the pan. It was annoying having my utensils falling into my food and having to wrangle with the handle of the pan. It reminded me of college days of eating out of the pan so I wouldn't have to wash more dishes.Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceFoodiegirlVIPDined on 6/11/2014Food was great. Grilled scallops and shrimp with salad. Service was poor. Waitstaff was pleasant, but didn't come to take our order for a long time. We had to flag someone down twice to order. After receiving dinner, didn't see them again. Had to go and find someone for the check. Wasn't even busy. Was also pricey for amount of food.Special Features:
- Great harbor viewtao1Dined on 6/6/2014We visited the restaurant for our family gathering. It was our first visit. I could say the best feature of this restaurant is the view. Their outside terrace was terrific! however, the food was neither sophisticated nor good and the service was very slow. We waited our food for more than 20 mins. Not enough service persons to deal with Friday night crowds. And it was very noisy. We needed to shout to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pros and ConsBostongirlVIPDined on 6/4/2014This was our first time eating here. The pros: friendly staff, good menu selection, yummy black pasta, excellent scallops, nice outdoor seating area. The cons: my yummy black pasta was swimming in about 3 sticks of butter with two heads of garlic. Way, way too much. Also, I feel the menu is very expensive and there are places nearby with a similar menu (maybe not the black pasta) that are not as pricey. We do not plan on going back any time soon.
- My dining experience was wellLizzDined on 5/31/2014Long story short, my reservation at 7:45pm on a saturday was given to another group because some of my friends were late (the front desk did not call or made an effort to speak with my friend who was awaiting there, I also called beforehand with no answer on the phone). We waited for an hour and half outside the restaurant, got free champaign and appetizer from manager Theo who really made an effort to make my group happy. Overall experience was well, the staff were very friendly and provided great service, manager Theo was very professional and made sure to stop by every table. Besides the front desk and the whole reservation mistake which caused time delay, We all enjoyed the food and experience overall. My friend however did catch a coldSpecial Features:
- Great view, poor organizationbostonbritDined on 5/31/2014I looked at the reviews on Yelp before going and summarized them to myself as "great view, poor service, good but not outstanding food". Correct on all counts. In addition the noise level inside was so high that outdoor dining was pretty much the only option, which would have been OK except the temperature was dropping rapidly. Being very chilly made the long waits for attention more frustrating. Our waitress tried hard but was clearly overwhelmed. If I ran this restaurant I would double the number of waitstaff. To be fair, they were extremely full -- but this was hardly a surprise on a Saturday night in early summer.Special Features:
- Great restaurant! must goJuanEduardoDined on 5/28/2014Had a great calamari pasta! The service is one of the best I have seen in Boston. This is a place where seafood and pasta lovers must goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor servicetastefulsfzVIPDined on 5/26/2014First of all I reserved for the table near water, when we arrived there, due to mis-communication between the servers, the table was already taken. Second of all, it was very hard to get the server's attention; we had to ask at least 2-3 times to get anything, butter, water, etc. I love the Daily Catch in different locations including the service, but the one at the Seaport was a huge disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SarahsashDined on 5/24/2014I had a 8 pm reservation for my boyfriends birthday when we arrived we were told a few minutes we got seated at 8:45. Then we were served warm water and steal bread. The main dishes were good but I will never return highly disappointed
- Anniversary DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014We spent our first wedding anniversary celebrating here. The staff was very friendly and made us feel very special. The food was the best I had in Boston. Excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food but meh: everything elseSuperluminalDined on 5/23/2014At the Hanover ST location you expect great food to be mixed with no space, loudness, and awkward eating conditions. Grab your own food (if you sit in front of the kitchenette and lean back!), huddle to keep warm by the stove in the winter, or hang out the windows in the summer ... it's all part of the experience. The Seaport location tries to be a real restaurant: And fails. The service was the poor; the waitstaff really didn't care. Despite requesting something different twice (with remaining seats) we ended up in an an alcove, hidden away (and forgotten about) stuffed next to a loud, inconsiderate family of eight. The food was exemplary. The rest was terrible. We complained; no one cared. Only 5 minutes from work but we won't return.
- SeafoodLoverDined on 5/23/2014The food was excellent. Our waitress was a bit pushy in the beginning. We hardly had enough time to settle in and she asked us if we wanted to order drinks and appetizers. She was fine after that. This restaurant does not have the charm of the North End entry, but the food is great. It has much better value than some of the other restaurants in the Seaport area, where the emphasis seems to be on the "view' rather than the food. Wonderful opportunity to enjoy a great meal than walk around the Seaport area.Special Features:
- Black pasta putanesca with CalamariJabostonVIPDined on 5/23/2014The best I've ever had! The dish had depth and complexity. A perfect liaison of flavors! Thank you.Special Features:
- The following 356 reviews are from the The Daily Catch Seaport reviews archive.
- Great viewJodiDined on 5/14/2014Visiting from California and this was a great Boston local, waterfront, great service and amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceLivvyG23Dined on 5/11/2014We had a 7:00 reservation on Mother's Day (also my graduation) and there were out of Haddock (and the waiter informed us that the "clock is ticking" on the other menu items). When my mom asked for a different preparation of monk fish she was told that it couldn't be done because monk fish is a very soft fish (it's not). The portions were very small for the price and our waiter brought us out a bottle of wine that had already been opened and had some missing. Our waiter also told us that they were out of bread but then the owners' son came to our table and said he's see what he could do for us. He returned with a basket full of the ends of loafs and told us the heels of the bread are his favorite part. They aren't our favorite!Special Features:
- DisappointedBigeatsDined on 5/11/2014Went Mother's Day with late afternoon reservations. Starting with the positive, patio seating was very nice. Now the bad, the hostess seemed confused and not very clear on how much of a wait we'd have. The service was terrible. Our waitress seemed like she wanted to be somewhere else and we were an inconvenience. Apps were slow coming to the table and after our first round of drinks, our waitress never checked to see if we'd need another. We had to ask the manager when he was making his rounds. Both men and women bathrooms were filthy. My wife encountered another women in the restroom who was disgusted by the condition, and also noted her service was terrible; so it wasn't just our table. Food was okay.Special Features:
- mmmmVIPDined on 5/11/2014Ordered a soup, salad and Broiled Fish. All came out at the same time. Would have been more appropriate to have starters first, then the meal. I ended up taking the salad to go.Special Features:
- Great place to have a great mealMANJADined on 5/10/2014The food is always great and the service is just as good. I got the calamari and clams in a red sauce with squid ink pasta which was out of this world. My wife got pasta fini with shrimp in a red sauce which again was tremendous. We shared a dozen clams on the half shell. They were very large but delicious. My wife thought they were to big so I HAD to eat her last three. What a shame. LOL. The only draw back to eating there is the parking. You can park in the lot across from the court house but it is 100 yards away. Unfortunately in my case the other night, it was a down pour for about an hour just when my reservation was happening but the food made me forget about that. Over all it is a must go to place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 6 for lunchCcbostonDined on 5/8/2014I went for lunch with 5 others who were visiting Boston. I picked the restaurant because of the location and knowing their other restaurant in te North End. The waitress knew very little about the menu and her explanation of items ended up being wrong. There was a delivery during lunch which was fine but it came right through the restaurant instead of a back area. I would recommend for the Manager to sit guests away from that delivery during that time. Lastly the food was just OK. Portions were smaller then expected and flavors were a little bland. I would go back to sit on the patio this summer and grab a drink, though not sure if I would recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014The restaurant is homey and intimate. Make a reservation your table will be waiting for you. It is a family run business and they are concerned for quality and satisfaction, which they do. The fish is absolutely fresh, delicious and dishes are prepared artfully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY GOOD SERVICEVICTORDined on 4/26/2014I RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT FOR EVERYBODY WHO LOVES SEA FOOD IT WAS VERY GOOD IN PREPARATION, FLAVOR, FRESHNES AND AMOUNT OF PLATES. EXCELLENT.Special Features:
- Pretty good lunchDawn16Dined on 4/25/2014Clam chowder was very good. Famous calimari meatballs were ok. Didn't taste a whole lot like anything honestly. Grilled shrimp and scallops were good as was the fish and chips. Nothing really stood out other than the chowder. It was too early in the season for patio dining and all the window seats were taken. So, we sat in the back room with no atmosphere. I'd go back during warmer weather for dining al fresco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great North End Gem!Camber22VIPDined on 4/24/2014We ended up in the North End location which is a tiny, hole-in-the-wall location and was perfect! It had less than 10 tables inside and is a tight fit but we didn't mind at all. We had an amazing dish for 2 that had fresh lobster, clams, mussels, calamari, shrimp and a delicious, delicious red sauce all with some perfectly cooked linguine mixed in. It was a great value for the amount of food you got and the freshness of fish that we received. This is beyond a great neighborhood gem and if you got the time and want the North End experience, stop here! You won't be disappointed!Special Features: