5 Napkin Grill - South Beach
455 Lincoln Rd
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
5 Napkin Grill - South Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.5napkingrill.com/
- Phone: 3055382277
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Saturday - Sunday:11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Andy D"Amico
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from 5 Napkin Grill - South Beach
This classic American bar and grill offers something for everyone with a wide array of menu items, from salads to grilled specialties. The diverse menu of expertly prepared classics, from the Churrasco Steak to the Pork Loin Chops, entice foodies to come back nightly. Featured temptations include Wasabi Deviled Eggs; Pimento Cheese Potato Skins; Grilled Steak, Chicken or Mahi Tacos; Teriyaki Salmon and Blue Cheese Crusted Filet Mignon. For the burger enthusiast, indulge in the classic 5 Napkin burgers. In addition to the beloved Original (10 ounces of fresh ground beef with Gruyere cheese, caramelized onions and rosemary aioli), there are 8 ounce editions featuring the good old American Cheeseburger, Bacon-Cheddar, Avocado Ranch, Veggie and more. Diners will also enjoy the restaurant’s beverage program that features tempting handcrafted cocktails that highlight a variety of tequilas and are made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients and juices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
5 Napkin Grill - South Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (5)great for lunch (5)late-night find (5)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (4)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Simple but excelent for whatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/16/2012Simple but excelent for what it is, a great burger joint. Great beer selection and burger that will not disappoint.Special Features:
- My forth fifth time to thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2012My forth fifth time to this restaurant and a little disappointing. The deep fried pickles and pastrami appetizer was underdone and the Original burger lacked those good juices from prior visits. Hope they get back on track!Special Features:
- Overall a good experience.RogerDined on 3/12/2012Overall a good experience. The wait staff was friendly. The Manhattan is a great drink to try. We ordered our food that apparently was mixed up in the kitchen. After a long wait, the manager personally got involved and then gave us desserts at no charge. Alot of food thatwe definitely took leftovers home.Special Features:
- Probably not the norm forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/11/2012Probably not the norm for this restaurant, at least I hope not. This visit was nothing short of disappointing. Food was okay, but service was really poor.
- ELIZABETH TAYLORlizelaVIPDined on 3/2/2012My only complaint was the cocktail BLOOD ORANGE MARTINI which they changed the ingredient from natural puree from france to a (syrup preserve)NOT GOOD!! Please bring back the natural puree from france! for the cocktail martini! THANK YOUSpecial Features:
- First visit. Need to go backDraghonDJDined on 2/23/2012First visit. Need to go back and try other burgers. Love a place that cooks burgers to order. Thoroughly, Delicious.Special Features:
- I've never been happy withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2012I've never been happy with the South Beach food scene because you either need to go to a 4-star place (usually with a dress code), or you need to already know the good dives and local haunts that serve great cuisine but don't require heels and make-up. All the in-between type places strike me as incredibly lacking and uninspired--flavorless excuses for caprese salads and fried calamari. Luckily 5-Napkin offers thoughtful comfort food with a bit of innovation, all while offering a comfortable indoor/outdoor scene for the flip-flop wearing tourist. Pork taquitos are fabulous--could've eaten 50 of them. Veggie burger, made largely of beets, was one of the best I've ever had. Service was fast and fabulous along with the beer selection.Special Features:
- We had the lamb burgers andFoodguy2014Dined on 2/15/2012We had the lamb burgers and enjoyed them! A different take on JUST a burger.Special Features:
- We opted for the non-burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/25/2012We opted for the non-burger offerings and were pleased with everything...conrmeal coated onion rings, BLT salad, grilled fish tacos, lobster roll sliders, apple pie ala mode made in house. Plenty of food for two, however the four fish tacos were of an appetizer size. While our server was fine, we noticed no management presence which would have been helpful to improve service (runner who brought our entrees did not clear away the completely empty appetizer plates; we noticed other tables calling their servers over for corrections). We would go back next time and try the amazing looking burgers..Special Features:
- The burger was disappointing.MichelleDined on 1/20/2012The burger was disappointing. Surprisingly we liked the tacos better than the burgers.
- We had a very bad experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/28/2011We had a very bad experience. The food came out wrong. The burgers definitely did not need five napkins. The NYC location is far superior. The Miami location is an over priced diner. Very disappointing.
- The burger was great, theLindaDined on 12/24/2011The burger was great, the tuna burgers were just So So! That made it disappointing!Special Features:
- Good experience. I actuallypinkskullDined on 12/24/2011Good experience. I actually had the inside out burger which was great, especially since I wasn't in the mood for bread. It got packed after 8pm so make a reservation (;Special Features:
- We were there in SeptemberOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/26/2011We were there in September for My Daughter's Birthday and the food and service were fabulous. I told my friends it was the Best Burger I had ever eaten! We went badk for what was one of the most mediocre meals I have ever had. The burgers were overcooked and the service was awful. Some food never came to the table. The manager was nice and gave us a discount (not much) and we didn't have to pay for the foo chicken wings that came at the end of the meal instead of as an app, but overall with all the Burger places to pick from we might not go back. Our hostess was lovely though and went out of her way to seat us in a good spot. Oh and they forgot to credit us for the Open Table Reservation and I got an email that said we had missed our res!
- Burgers were good and cookedaventuraDined on 11/18/2011Burgers were good and cooked as ordered. Onion rings had a great crunchy coating and were cooked perfectly, but the onions themselves had absolutely no taste. Service was friendly and competent. Place was very, very noisy even though it was early and only a quarter full.
- The 5 napkin burger is quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2011The 5 napkin burger is quite good. The tater tots are not to be missed. They have a decent beer selection, both tap and bottles.Special Features:
- If all you want is a "pricey"OTREVIEWERVIPDined on 11/11/2011If all you want is a "pricey" burger,it's fine for lunch.
- WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!NYAttorneyVIPDined on 11/6/2011Not only did it take over 45 minutes for our food to come out, but when the server later brought the check, she reneged on a promise that our appetizers would be for free. (She lied, in other words.) The burgers were OK, not great. The sushi (which we ordered on a whim) was bland -- virtually tasteless. (I would pass on the sushi offerings if I were you.) The onion rings were greasy and had an unpleasant aftertaste With all the competition in the area, you think 5 Napkin would have its act together. Unfortunately, it repeatedly misses the mark. (And when you start lying to keep your customers from leaving, that's pretty much an act of desperation in my view.)
- Best burger in Miami Beach,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/4/2011Best burger in Miami Beach, also the most expensive at $15. Onion rings are also the best. Be sure to substitute rings for fries, no charge. Also, be aware a 20% tip is added to the check!Special Features:
- We had a very good dinnerCASSVIPDined on 10/6/2011We had a very good dinner while sitting outside and enjoying the "Lincoln Road" experience. The restaurant offered a variety of food choices but we decided on the burgers. They were done as ordered and quite yummy. The onion rings were crispy and the sauces were tasty. Our server Jordan was very friendly and made sure we had a good dining experience. This is a fun restaurant!Special Features:
- The service was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2011The service was very good at this restaurant, and they accommodated many of my special needs. I was less than impressed by the burgers, which I'd imagined would be the signature dish of the restaurant. My burger, requested medium, came out far too done, which kind of killed the experience for me. The rest of the dishes that we ordered were OK... I think the menu is kind of busy and unfocused - too many options. I think they should focus on getting the core dishes (i.e. burgers) right. I'm not sure if I'll give this place another chance, but we'll see.
- Excellent food and service.Ango631VIPDined on 9/25/2011Excellent food and service. The 5 napkin burger was delicious, perfectly cooked and very juicy. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- My second time here, I triedmarlonflVIPDined on 9/5/2011My second time here, I tried the sushi (liked the burger first time). Sushi is ok, I am picky on the quality of rice in sushi, and here was just fine... fish looked fresh. Still a good burger and good shake.
- The service was really good,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011The service was really good, the waiter was funny and very attentive. The food was really really good, for appetizer we ordered vietnamese roll that was really healthy and with a tangy dipping sauce and some pork taquitos wich were delicious. The for the main dishes we ordered the 5 napkin burger, the bacon and cheddar, the lamb burger and the fish tacos. The burgers were excellent and the fish tacos were really tasty cause they came with some pineapple salsa and some sliced avocados, the only complain was that the salsa made them really saggy and the 2 of my tacos ended up being a mess. I love this place, has a really modern and cool ambiance and decoration. And the prices are right!Special Features:
- Very good burger and shake.MikeVIPDined on 8/16/2011Very good burger and shake. The fries, unfortunately, are like McDonalds.
- Over priced for what we wereSaltyVIPDined on 8/10/2011Over priced for what we were looking for. The food was ok when it finally showed up correctly.
- Lincoln Road SleeperJchiguy1VIPDined on 8/7/2011A welcome addition to Lincoln Road, this is less a tourist trap and more a really good restaurant. Delicious burgers, fresh tasty sushi, capable servers and drop dead gorgeous decor at reasonable prices make this a place even jaded denizens of South Beach should try. Be aware, however, that like many Lincoln Road eateries 5 Napkin Burger does include an 18% tip on all tables.Special Features:
- Food options were great. FromOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/5/2011Food options were great. From burgers to sushi to entrees. Sides are what you find usually in american themed restaurants; however, the tater tots were amazing. They were filled with mashed potatoes. Desserts were good, too. Recommend trying 5 Napkin.Special Features:
- Great food and beer, happyDBYankesVIPDined on 7/31/2011Great food and beer, happy they opened up since I was a frequent visitor in NYC.Special Features:
- The reviews I had read previouslyVicBVIPDined on 7/29/2011The reviews I had read previously prepared me for a great experience, and we were not disappointed. The service was prompt and attentive. The ambience was a great mix of a family/friend gathering place and social hot spot. And finally to the food, which was simply amazing. The Ahi Tuna burger was cooked perfectly, and the Original 5 Napkin Burger lived up to its reputation. A definite MUST for any food lover.Special Features:
- Not to good. I prefer hamburguersRealMVIPDined on 7/24/2011Not to good. I prefer hamburguers from Shake ShackSpecial Features:
- Was disappointed in 5 Napkin.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/18/2011Was disappointed in 5 Napkin. All of these burger places are popping up and these burgers are not quite up to par. Had high expectations since they are in several locations. Burgers were fair, fries were fair. Nothing special.Special Features:
- Great addition to Lincoln RoadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/16/2011Great place to grab a burger and some. The mac and cheese is mmm, mmm tasty. Burger prices are very reasonable. Service is attentive. And the dimly lit atmosphere is great for early evening dinner out with family or a date.Special Features:
- TerribleAventuradinerVIPDined on 7/15/2011My first (and last) time there. This is my first review ever on open table. I just wanted to caution customers from going. There really were no redeeming qualities about this place. Bad food, bad service, bad experience. They won't last long.
- I have only tried the housemarlonflVIPDined on 7/15/2011I have only tried the house burger and it is great. Menu also gives many options, including Sushi. Great selection of American beers and some europeans too. I will come back.
- This place lives up to theOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/11/2011This place lives up to the hype. The burgers were outstanding. Perfectly cooked with a great flavor. The sides were also very good. Service was excellent with the waiter making the right suggestions for us first-time diners.Special Features:
- Not worth all the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2011Yet another burger joint opens on Miami Beach with unimpressive results. A first look 5 Napkin Burger is impressive. The tables have linen napkins and the place has a more refined feel than the other burger places on Miami Beach. The menu reads well and many items on the menu looked impressive but in fact fall short. We ordered the sweet potato fries, potato tots, two of the original 5 Napkin Burgers. The sweet potato fries were soggy, the potato tots were bland and had no texture. Lastly both our burgers which were ordered Medium Rare came out Medium Well. Overall if you are going to pay $50.00 plus for 2 people to dine out for burgers there are better places to choose from on Miami Beach where it won't take 20 minutes to get a drinkSpecial Features:
- Will try again .grayyakVIPDined on 7/2/2011Having dined at the Manhattan location.this one will need a little more time to get things up to pr with that one. given a choice I'll go 8oz. Burger in SoBe. or Rok Brgr in Ft. Lauderdale My medium rare was medium well & the staff doesn't seem quite well enough informed of their product.Special Features:
- Good burgers - maybe not 5TorontonianTravellerVIPDined on 6/30/2011Good burgers - maybe not 5 napkin but good anyway. Onion rings were good too (note - if you order as a side you don't get them with dipping sauces) - great selection of beers!Special Features:
- Average food and servicegrubinDined on 6/30/2011Was at the restaurant only a week after it opened, so we were willing to cut some slack. Hostess was friendly and informative. Waitress was in was over her head. Even though the restaurant wasn't full, our order got botched and we had to wait for drink refills and had to ask e manager for the check because the waitress was AWOL. We started with onion rings - great presentation but had to add table salt because there just wasn't any flavor. We then has a big sushi roll, which was also presented well and was tasty, not great. I had their classic burger, which was also good, but not great, and nowhere near as large as the name of the restaurant would imply. Overall, an average experience.