Aurora - Sausalito
300 Valley Street #207
Sausalito, CA 94965Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Aurora - Sausalito
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.aurora-sausalito.com/
- Phone: 4153398930x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM; Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Carlo Scatena
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live music every Sunday.
We have and accordion player every Sunday Night from 6 to 9.
Hope to see you there!
- Special Events: We do hold parties. you can book the whole restaurant for yourself or take half the restaurant over.
A word from Aurora - Sausalito
Family owned and operated. Home made pastas, wild seafood, and gourmet thin crusted pizzas. Great food, generous portions, and great service. Very intimate and casual restaurant. Try us one time and see why are customers keep coming back.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Aurora - Sausalito reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (1)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)great for outdoor dining (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- out of the way gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/8/2013Aurora is on the main road , but a bit out of the way. Nevertheless it was a wonderful experience. Wine prices are reasonable and the food was excellentSpecial Features:
- Perfect dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/1/2013Great food and service on a busy Saturday night, attentive staff, great salad, my veal limone was perfect and I love the unique mashed potatos with minnced carrots and cheese, they were awesomeSpecial Features:
- More fans of Aurora added!MoNapaDined on 5/31/2013We picked up a relative, who is moving to the area, and a friend at SFO, stopping to have dinner at Aurora on our way home as we often do. Our latest family member and friend are now fans of Aurora too! Fresh food, wonderful Mediterranean sauces, a good bottle of wine in a setting conducive to relaxed dining and long conversations. From cioppino and fresh pacific salmon to risotto and lasagne - everyone was pleased. Try the crab cakes as an appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant north of the GGBOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2013We live in San Jose and when we find ourselves Sausalito, we go to Aurora. Food, atmosphere, location, and staff are excellent. It's friendly, fun, clean, accessible, away from the crowds, and our food has always been perfect for us. It's the kind of restaurant we tell ourselves that we need to frequent more often....if only we can get up there more. You will not be disappointed when you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expected by the review.enjoyfoodDined on 5/12/2013The service is poor along with the food was not what I expected for an Italian Resturant. The hostess brought our plates and utensils he saw food stuck on the plate he cleaned it with this finger (gross) instead of getting another plate for us. They where pretty busy but seem like not enough staff, my son had pizza it tasted like the frozen pizza's you buy at any grocery store, my 12yr. and 14yr. boys had the fillet minion they also made a comment they did not like the meat, my pasta was not what I expected my husband had the lamb he liked it.
- We drive from Napa just to eat hereMoNapaDined on 5/5/2013Food abounds where we live, but you can't beat the fresh food selections, the atmosphere or the warm, accommodating service at Aurora. We go for lunch on Sundays with family, and we feel like we're in Italy! Long leisurely meals with family, good conversations, great food and a nice bottle of wine make for a very relaxed Sunday afternoon. It's location is in a neighborhood not right in the center of downtown tourists, so we feel like locals when we're there. We highly recommend Aurora.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Italian restaurantroundtheworlddinerVIPDined on 4/25/2013Located on a quiet corner in Sausalito, Aurora provides an authentic home-cooked Italian menu with delicious dishes and friendly atmosphere. The nightly specials are consistently good, and a recent cannelloni was excellent. The vibe is friendly and relaxed, and it is a pleasure to be able to talk to a companion without having to strain to be heard.Special Features:
- Food is bland and over priced.tinkVIPDined on 3/29/2013Food is bland and over priced. Classic tourist trap, disappointed we went. Service was very poor, waited at least 20 minutes for someone to take drink orders, and extensive waits for food, check, etc. even though it was not busy. Terrible fake Italian accents too. Don't bother.
- Took a high school studentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2013Took a high school student group of 24 (18 students, 6 chaps). We were treated very curteously, quickly and the food was awesome. The servers very friendly as well.Special Features:
- Love the pasta bolognese,CblmDined on 3/8/2013Love the pasta bolognese, caesar salad and the casual atmosphere. Very friendly, efficient staff.Special Features:
- Delicious food and great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2013Delicious food and great atmosphere. Host and Owner made our evening perfect. there was even a live Italian singer.Special Features:
- Disappointed is an understatement..IndaknowVIPDined on 2/25/2013The Open Table reviews were all glowing, yet we have to greatly question what many fellow OT diners know about good Italian cuisine ::: Bland is a generous word ::: The salads?... virtually out of a bag and then dressed ::: Homemade pappardelle was fine, the Bolognese was tasteless - a canned red sauce with ground beef, and that was definitely not Parmesan they served ::: Fried calamari was crisp yet tasteless, as we found virtually everything to be that way ::: Server was pleasant, restaurant was vacant which we now suppose is the true review...
- Food was incredible and theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Food was incredible and the staff were amazing! We had a large group come in and they were more than accomodating to us.Special Features:
- Excellent gnocchi, fabulousGinaDined on 2/22/2013Excellent gnocchi, fabulous salmon, perfect salads, dreamy tiramisuSpecial Features:
- A great experience...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/16/2013This restaurant was a wonderful surprise! We had a family dinner here and everyone enjoyed their meals. Fresh halibut, crab ravioli, good wine and pasta meals for the kids. Our host was wonderful. This was a lovely, easy, great dining experience. I look forward to returning next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- Fabulous meal and fabulousJeanneDined on 2/15/2013Fabulous meal and fabulous service. I will go again!Special Features:
- We were lucky (Thanks OpenHappyDinerDined on 2/14/2013We were lucky (Thanks Open Table) to get a Valentine's Day reservation! It was a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Fresh, "clean", delicious foodMoNapaDined on 2/10/2013The food is delicious and "very clean", meaning we felt very satisfied but not stuffed. The fresh seafood selections are outstanding prepared Italian style. The Pacific salmon (not Atlantic) was delightful. Our server was incredibly attentive and accommodating. We sat in a sunny window and watched all the cyclists, walkers, runners and autos driving into the South side of Sausalito for two leisurely Sunday afternoon hours! We'll be back.Special Features:
- We were suprised and pleased.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013We were suprised and pleased. Service and food were both wonderful.Special Features:
- Great food and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013Great food and great service! Very kid and family friendly!Special Features:
- Very good food, nice place,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013Very good food, nice place, reasonable prices, very good portion of food. 100% recommendable
- Aurora is our new "go-to"AlamodeDined on 12/29/2012Aurora is our new "go-to" spot when we are traveling from the peninsula to our home in Sonoma County and want fine food. It's easily accessible from the Golden Gate Bridge on 101 (first exit) and you don't have to drop into traffic-laden Sausalito to have a great meal. Plus it's just as easy to get back up to the freeway. We also go to their Aurora restaurant in Novato (also off 101) in Bel Marin Keys when we're driving back from a day in the City. Really top quality Italian food at both restaurants.Special Features:
- The service during a busyOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 12/25/2012The service during a busy evening was outstanding and welcoming. Food was also very good. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- We had Christmas evening dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012We had Christmas evening dinner there and it was very good. The restaurant was busy but not overbooked, so we didn't feel rushed or crowded..Special Features:
- Very good dinner, we had pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Very good dinner, we had pasta that was wonderful! The service was very friendly.Special Features:
- Went on a very busy night.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Went on a very busy night. Service was good, I think they could have used 1 more waiter. They accommodated everyone nicely. Lamb shank was very good with mashed potatoes. Tiramasu was greatSpecial Features:
- We stumbled across Aurora'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/24/2012We stumbled across Aurora's a bit by accident awhile back -- we are locals. This place is away from the tourist foot traffic of Sausalito, which means that it is rarely packed out, but is always popular with the locals. The owner and the staff are always friendly, and they really strive to make your event special. When we decided to eat out for Christmas Eve, in order to just have a nice evening for two, this was the place we decided to go. It is our first holiday dinner there -- the owner told us he strives to make his restaurant THE place to come for a holiday meal. This night, portions were extra large, the food extra tasty, and the specials really well chosen to represent a cross section of their best offerings. Will go back.Special Features:
- Just tried this neighborhoodTheRealSteakmanVIPDined on 12/20/2012Just tried this neighborhood spot in Sausalito and was really blown away by the staff and the experience. Friendly, welcoming and good for kids. Food was decent as well from house made pastas to kids items to fish. Will go back for sure.Special Features:
- good vibes insidepegssDined on 11/25/2012lovely ambiance, people friendly and staff attentive. Portions generous, entree's fit for sharing!Special Features:
- A party of four, we went toJohnDined on 11/22/2012A party of four, we went to Aurora for their Thanksgiving special. Our reserved table was ready when we arrived. Three of us had the traditional Turkey, mashed potatoes and carrots. I had the lamb shank. We all had pumpkin pie for dessert. Everything was cooked perfectly and was properly seasoned. Every table was occupied and the noise level was high, but it didn't detract from the evening. Service was slightly delayed due to the crowd. However, we didn't want for anything, and we were enjoying the evening so much it didn't matter. Best of all, we had a great dinner and we didn't have to cook or clean up afterwards - and we didn't have to drive! We are very fortunate to have Aurora in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Seven of us have come theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2012Seven of us have come the last Thanksgiving and Christmas, with advance reservations. The servers are always so cheerful and helpful. We all loved it immensely and had lots of funSpecial Features:
- We had a lovely time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2012We had a lovely time there on Thanksgiving. We ordered from the regular menu and the food was fabulous!Special Features:
- The pastas and main dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/17/2012The pastas and main dishes were excellent. The pizza dough left something to be desired. If they just worked on the pizza dough it would be a great restaurant. Super friendly and great service.Special Features:
- We like Arora. Good food,TEPGMKDined on 11/4/2012We like Arora. Good food, friendly atmosphere, great service.Special Features:
- Comfortable and DeliciousJennyDined on 10/6/2012We made a reservation from afar based on the website and we were very pleased with it overall. The food was great, homestyle comfort Italian food. Our server offered great suggestions and advice for a couple of diners in our party who were having trouble deciding on the main course. There were plenty of options for both the meat eaters and vegetarians in our party. We requested and got a table along the large picture windows that overlook a Sausalito street. The atmosphere was warm and inviting and even when the place filled up the noise level never reached an uncomfortable level. We were impressed with the wine list and very pleased with a moderately priced Italian Zin we selected. Desserts were also excellent.Special Features:
- We have been there twice andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2012We have been there twice and both times had a wonderful dinner with excellent service. It has changed hands since we lived in the neighborhood and had not liked it. Now it is a very nice place and we have added it to our "go to" list.Special Features:
- Excellent food in a casualNewtoAustinVIPDined on 7/4/2012Excellent food in a casual family friendly environmentSpecial Features:
- Good food is a relaxed environment.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/8/2012Good food is a relaxed environment. Just the thing for a night when you don't want to cook yourself.Special Features:
- Great service makes for a pleasantChubbyVIPDined on 6/1/2012Great service, very charming server. Nice open floor plan, with pleasing natural light.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/27/2012This was our first visit to Aurora. We happened upon it on our way to see the fireworks for the Golden Gate's 75th. It was very busy. The food is fabulous! The lasagna is delectable, melt in your mouth delicious. The parpadelli was delicious as well. We will definately be back (even though it's 80 miles round trip).Special Features: