20 Sidney Street
Cambridge, MA 02139Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lemeridiencambridge.com/sidneys
- Phone: 6174940011
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 5:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Martin Quinn
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room setting separate from main restaurant features floor to ceiling windows and unique, commissioned wall murals. Suitable for corporate lunches, anniversary parties, rehearsal dinners, showers and more. Accommodates groups of up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Catering Department 6175510306
- Cross Street: Massachusetts
- Public Transit: From Boston: Take MBTA red line to Central Square station. Exit to street, then cross Mass Ave. Go left 3 blocks & take first right after fire station onto Sidney Street. Walk down 1 block & entrance to Sidney's Grille is left on Green Street.
From Harvard Square-Alewife: Same as above except stay on same side of street upon exit.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Sidney's Grille offers parking in a garage located adjacent to the Hotel. For your convenience, valet parking is available at a discounted rate.
A word from Sidney's Grille
Innovative American Grille with a contemporary and eclectic setting for combining fresh flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sidney's Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (2)Show More
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009The food was excellent and the setting was pleasant but the service was terrible. Needed to ask repeatedly to have water refilled and the waiter never came back after taking our order. Was very disappointed in the service.
- We had a very pleasant mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009We had a very pleasant meal on our special occasion. The pace was very relaxed, which was fine for a special occasion, but on a regular night would have been too slow. The atmosphere was very pleasant as were the staff. It was a great last minute find when the usual haunts were booked. The food was very fresh and well prepared. The presentation was excellent. I had a wonderful seafood cocktail which was like an elegant Ceviche on top of spicy Guacamole. My main entre was a Sea Bass, which was elegantly prepared. But I felt that the dish had too many elements which detracted from the excellent fish. I ordered everything with no milk or butter, but I was not confident about my order (the fish tasted of butter).Special Features:
- For a hotel restaurant, itOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2009For a hotel restaurant, it was actually a good choice for valentines dinner with the ladies. Would definitely come back and the food as well as the wine was delicious.Special Features:
- - fresh pancakes, belgianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/25/2008- fresh pancakes, belgian waffles, and omelettes made to order are included in the 16.95 brunch buffet. - lovely waffles and eggs.Special Features:
- Service was lacking. AfterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/7/2008Service was lacking. After sitting for about 10 mins, someone brought us bread and asked if anyone had taken a drink order. When we said no, he walked away. The waiter approached the table silently and we had to speak the first word. He asked if he could get us started with drinks, but we were wondering if he would have ever spoken if we didn't make the first move. The silent waiter was awkward, but the food made up for it. Except, don't expect the "Boneless" cornish hen to be boneless... it's not. Limited wines by the glass selection as well.
- For dining in a hotel, thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2008For dining in a hotel, this was a very nice experience! Although a few items, coffee for example, were unusually overpriced, (4.50 per cup!!!), the overall experience was fine, since we were going to theater nearby, we could walk from the restaurant. The food itself was very good, the service also. We were there quite early for dining, since we had to get to the theater, so that the setting overall was very quiet, but one large party first at the bar, and then over to the dining area, was quite loud, so I wonder just how quiet it would remain when filled. The acoustics I suspect are not good, no sound absorbing mechanisms, so that perhaps it is better to go a little early.Special Features:
- We went early in the eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2008We went early in the evening which may have been the reason it was quiet. But the food was wonderful and the pace was leisurely.Special Features:
- It seems no-one knows aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/24/2008It seems no-one knows about the restaurant in Le Meridien in Cambridge. At least, it was almost empty last holiday weekend. Undeservedly so, the food is good, the cocktails great and the service excellent. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Our server, Wagner, was kindOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008Our server, Wagner, was kind and attentive. Everyone of the wait staff was friendly and smiling. The food was excellent, especially the duck confit...best I have ever had...Will visit again and again. Google directions before you go. Very near MIT and roads there can be confusing.Special Features:
- Went for mother's day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/11/2008Went for mother's day brunch at 12:15 and there was no breakfast food. don't know if the steak and mash potatoes was really as gross as it seemed or whether it was because I was expecting breakfast food. Also online their menu says brunch buffet is breakfast food and $13/ person...they did not mention that it was dinner food for $35/ person. I really felt ripped off when I spent so much $ and ate almost nothing.
- They doubled their pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2008They doubled their prices since last Easter, which I would have liked to have known before going. Also, they included an 18% gratuity on a party of 5 without telling us, we saw it on the bill when it arrived. I would not have tipped 18% for the service, the waiter and chefs talked amongst themselves, to find out what the food on the buffet was, you had to hope to catch someone's attention. It would have been helpful to have had signs out for all of the food items, since we had a pescetarian in our group. I will not be returning in the future, unless the prices match the quality and service, which they do not.Special Features: